Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims (15786 Views)

Hope Dims Over Bail For Frederick Nwajiagu / 2023: Hope For Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso As PDP Moves To Scrap Zoning / 2023: Oshiomhole’s Sack Dims Way For Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Angelfrost(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2021
Such statements like the theme of this thread should be jettisoned by even an averagely intelligent person...

They do nothing but promote further division and disunity in the nation.

At this point in this crisis ridden country, it is common sense to quit playing such stupid and outdated form of ethnic politics, especially as we can all see how it has made the nation perpetually backward due to popular voting and electing of people not fit to lead nations.

If APC and PDP meant well for this nation, performance and track records ought to come first before petty zoning and ethnicity.

It is quite clear and indicative that this nation is nowhere ready to move forward.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by goso39: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2021
Either you like it or yes, the igbos will produce the next president of Nigeria
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2021
There has not been a slight hope for a SE president. It has always been btw SW and North. And they will permit a SS due to circumstances on ground. Let no one deceives you. Jagaban seems to have it, but forces are against him, and it looks good for the V.P. However, Jonathan can have it if he deflects to APC. He has just 4 years (a term) to spend, so the north will want him there so they can have another 8 years after his 4 years. And they know he doesnt have the balls to erase all Buhari has put there. He will surely continue to appease them knowing they put him in power again. But they are afraid of Prof Osinbajo. And they know they cannot control Jagaban. So, SE should go and sit down. When they are ready to install a woman or man as the president of Nigeria, they will first unite among themselves. Simple as ABC.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Sufferingboy(f): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2021
If PDP zone to south,then Okowa is our next president...........

Igbos should learn diplomacy and politics,stop seeing others as inferiors and enemies.Igbos politicians should also stop being greedy,they should support one another,I mean like in 2019 some Igbo politicians were annoyed peter Obi was choosen by atiku.

Everything Igbos do is full of greed,they are too greedy and self centered.

And also stop forcing your Identity on others,stop claiming other peoples land(territory) and insulting other on massive scale, online.Because even the elite of other ethnic groups are seeing this things and taking note of it.

Stop blackmailing and threatening others,because if there is ethnic crisis anywhere,Igbos suffer most because they are the most "DISPLACED" people in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Sufferingboy(f): 8:36am On Sep 18, 2021
goso39:
Either you like it or yes, the igbos will produce the next president of Nigeria

Bros leave emotion,south-east nor ready,south-south will rather produce the next president than south-east.

Igbos should learn politics....
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Truthissupreme: 8:36am On Sep 18, 2021
Arthurity1:

Stop using excuses... Not that there isn't any serious igbo man, Nigerians are too tribalistic to vote for one... That's the truth!
"Peter obi that one isn't cerebral enough as a politician he may have hype of governance"... That's another lie you want to use to excuse yourself. You know the truth that he's the best candidate one can possibly think of in Nigeria's current economic situation. He's very shrewd and calculated, and was the damn best governor Anambara had ever seen. There's also Kingsley Mohgalu with financial and economic expertise in the highest organizations of the world. These two are best possible candidates Nigeria can think of, because they are the least corrupt, most economically sound and most importantly, they true champoins of federal character.
But you people won't vote for them, because they are igbo... Atiku lost the elections, because he had Peter Obi as running mate, it was on this same nairaland that I saw some of the most derogatory comments about igbos, we all saw videos of an imam telling his followers not to vote for a "yammiri". This goes to show you the level of ingrained tribalism that exists.
oga am south south o, we no really get hatred with any region or tribe just live and let live is our motto

I don't really know about Peter obi because am not from anambra and he ruled when social media wasn't really in voke to show how far then that's why i consider him hype based on what igbos say about him, I just want to believe them

But in reality Nigeria is a shithole that plays dirty politics, obi is too shy on that

Dirty politics money sharing, connect with those political big weight is why Dem tinubu, atiku, kwankwanso are always talked about

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2021
Tissaia:
In January 1966, some senior Nigerian army officers, mostly of the Igbo ethnic group, assassinated key politicians during a coup in the West African state.

Those killed included Ahmadu Bello, a revered leader in the north.

After1970 Many Igbo still feel sidelined in Nigerian politics, as since the civil war no-one from the ethnic group has become president.

Who started all the chaos? in other to dominate, because they see everyone as inferior they always make wrong calculations. y'all just can't keep threatening Nigerians with secessions while you're enjoying the settings. you should all go back to the south east erect a border so that we will know you are serious.

Killing of Ahmed gulag is still fresh, Insulting everyone on social media is useless just try something better.

I think y'all would have done better if y'all had handled it with a little bit more intelligence, in the past. I think now that Ojukwu… thought he was Jesus Christ.

He thought he could do magic. If he had slowed down and allowed some people who were with him to advise him properly, y'all would have come out better than you did.

They call this "Democracy" the white people imprisoned us all in this hellhole. the Yorubas are smart, the North are also trying to be smart. Politics is about making smart move not acting arrogant and thinking you're superior because your grandad lied to u about been Jewish.

You see why you guys are just being misled that coup was not an igbo coup. Ejoor was batallion commander in Enugu when he foiled the coup in the East, again he has always said in passing how he foiled the coup by removing the boys in charge of the armoury who would have given weapons to the coup plotters. Again the presence of the Papal Nuncio as a guest of M.I Okpara prevented the boys from picking him after picking Sir Akanu Ibiam. Again the forgotten Manuscripts of Ifeajuna stated clearly that the backers of the coup were from AG and NCNC so clearly it was not an igbo coup.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by od501: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
•As APC, PDP not likely to zone Presidency to the region

•PDP to throw it open, considers Southwest for chairmanship

•Intrigues surface as both parties seek to outfox each other

By Emmanuel Aziken

Igbo presidency? Wtf is that? Oga organise a referendum. That's all igbos want!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/2023-hope-for-president-from-s-east-dims/
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Admissionclass: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2021
musa234:
In all fairness if the presidency should be zoned to the south, then the south east should get it... I will gladly vote for umahi, rotimi ameachi or any other reliable easterner.

Rotimi amaechi is not igbo

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2021
Even the political class of the South East have lost interest in the number1 position.
There hasn't been much talks nor alignments to suggest interest in that regard.

It would take much resources and engagements to have the Igbos convinced on voting in Nigeria. The average Igbo would prefer staying at home with his wife and kids, then watch the news of the voting on TV
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Arthurity1(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2021
Truthissupreme:
oga am south south o, we no really get hatred with any region or tribe just live and let live is our motto

I don't really know about Peter obi because am not from anambra and he ruled when social media wasn't really in voke to show how far then that's why i consider him hype based on what igbos say about him, I just want to believe them

But in reality Nigeria is a shithole that plays dirty politics, obi is too shy on that

Dirty politics money sharing, connect with those political big weight is why Dem tinubu, atiku, kwankwanso are always talked about

Now you see why Nigeria is headed for nowhere... Rather than vote who's best for the rest of the nation, they'd rather be tools of destruction.... I weep for this country!
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Truthissupreme: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2021
Arthurity1:

Now you see why Nigeria is headed for nowhere... Rather than vote who's best for the rest of the nation, they'd rather be tools of destruction.... I weep for this country!
na how we see am

Almajiris in north would vote on religion

West would vote on tribe

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by OAFMods: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2021
Did you support the SW for presidency ?
The only thing your dead brain igbo father know how to do is sharing blame about your failure at the doorstep of every other person except yourself who right deserve the blame.

It took Buhari 4 trials of 16 years to become the president yet he blamed now one. MKO was elected president n killed, yoruba did not blame Cursed Igbos.

Now Igbos can not attain presidency on their on merit out of the hatred bigotry n madness your father sow but it is Yoruba you have to blame for the foolishness you pathetic lot inherited from your dead brain Igbo father.

jaxxy:
Dims to where? If the South can’t come to an agreement it will definitely go back to the North since they can agree better.

It’s simple mathematics.

It’s turn for the SE and there are only 2 main challenges

1. SE can’t even get a formidable and national candidate.

2. SW won’t support Igbos for president. They have become saboteurs and opportunist of Igbo marginalization over the years even more than the North.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Idiko1: 8:59am On Sep 18, 2021
obynzo:

You see why you guys are just being misled that coup was not an igbo coup. Ejoor was batallion commander in Enugu when he foiled the coup in the East, again he has always said in passing how he foiled the coup by removing the boys in charge of the armoury who would have given weapons to the coup plotters. Again the presence of the Papal Nuncio as a guest of M.I Okpara prevented the boys from picking him after picking Sir Akanu Ibiam. Again the forgotten Manuscripts of Ifeajuna stated clearly that the backers of the coup were from AG and NCNC so clearly it was not an igbo coup.

Ejoor never foiled any coup in Enugu. As matter of fact, Ejoor never resumed duty as the CO of 1st Battalion, Enugu when 1966 coup was precipitated. Ejoor was still in Lagos at army HQ and would have been liquated in a hotel room where he was lodged.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by jaxxy(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2021
OAFMods:
Did you support the SW for presidency ?
The only thing your dead brain igbo father know how to do is sharing blame about your failure at the doorstep of every other person except yourself who right deserve the blame.

It took Buhari 4 trials of 16 years to become the president yet he blamed now one. MKO was elected president n killed, yoruba did not blame Cursed Igbos.

Now Igbos can not attain presidency on their on merit out of the hatred bigotry n madness your father sow but it is Yoruba you have to blame for the foolishness you pathetic lot inherited from your dead brain Igbo father.

Are u ok in the head or u lack comprehension?? Is there anything I stated that is a lie?

I voted mko, I voted obasanjo 2ce, I voted yaradua, Jonathan and even Buhari. I am not a stupid bigot like u. And u better don’t call people’s father anyhow into ur stupid argument. If u don’t know what to say don’t quote me with ur stupidity.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by sulaak(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2021
BluForce:
How pitiable? The North still wants to hold on to power

Can you blame them, just look at the state of the Southern politician?
I will rather let the North finish the country because any politician that replaces Buhari will fail with debt at $85 bn and growing.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 18, 2021
Sufferingboy:
If PDP zone to south,then Okowa is our next president...........

Igbos should learn diplomacy and politics,stop seeing others as inferiors and enemies.Igbos politicians should also stop being greedy,they should support one another,I mean like in 2019 some Igbo politicians were annoyed peter Obi was choosen by atiku.

Everything Igbos do is full of greed,they are too greedy and self centered.

And also stop forcing your Identity on others,stop claiming other peoples land(territory) and insulting other on massive scale, online.Because even the elite of other ethnic groups are seeing this things and taking note of it.

Stop blackmailing and threatening others,because if there is ethnic crisis anywhere,Igbos suffer most because they are the most "DISPLACED" people in Nigeria.

Displaced?

What a waste of time and energy reading this shit.

Let me school you with few seconds.

Displaced comes with force .
Forcibly displaced.
Willing sojourn in a bid to spread tentacles are not classified as "Displace"

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Bluntguy: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2021
effort1:

Your politicians have a different opinion from you. They have interest in politics and presidency
That's what they will say. Didn't you call them politicians? But discard your fears and grant them a referendum then you will know where their hearts truly lie.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by tnerro1(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2021
Lovenorth:
North must produce a President for our interest to be fully protected, in a worst scenario Jonathan can take over

Hahaha, Jonathan has learnt his lesson, he will deal with the north when he gets there, in short, any southern president will deal with the north after what bubu has done. There will be no open grazing, VAT will go to the States and their will be state police.

The north will be in trouble when a southern president enters grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Sufferingboy(f): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Displaced?

What a waste of time and energy reading this shit

Go to onitsha and see Igbos running out of their land as if they are war refugees.Running to another man land is not a long term plan.Build your land,no matter how hard it is to build.I am not not talking of building empty houses in the villages.

Igbos should build manufacturing plants in their land to employ their people.Build infrastructures in your land.Anywhere Igbo man see other wey others dey build their land,he go run go.

Many Igbos don't ever think of going back home,today you will hear terms like abuja Igbos,lagos Igbos and Northern Igbos etc.

Even in my place of Origin,you will see Igbos that have refused to go back home to build their land,they prefer to die in another man land.

Southeast is now empty,like grave yard.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Sufferingboy(f): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Displaced?

What a waste of time and energy reading this shit.

Let me school you with few seconds.

Displaced comes with force .
Forcibly displaced.
Willing sojourn in a bid to spread tentacles are not classified as "Displace"

I deliberately used the word displaced,so that why I even made bold in quote.I know you guys will not be happy I used displace.

Igbos should build their land.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Latakia(f): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2021
Bluntguy:

The Igbos really want to go their way. If an Igbo man loses interest in anything, nothing changes his conviction. That is what is happening.
You are wrong, the Igbos want the post of the vice president under PDP and also want the post of the president plus big big appointments without considering infrastructures to the region under APC grin
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Latakia(f): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2021
musa234:
In all fairness if the presidency should be zoned to the south, then the south east should get it... I will gladly vote for umahi, rotimi ameachi or any other reliable easterner.
You mean they should just give Arsenal Football Club the champion league because every other big club had won it before grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Bluntguy: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2021
Modrovdeux:

Secession may look attractive(and it is a sign of a mature democracy to have active secession movements)...but even then

1.The South South is refusing to join the Ibos this time

2.Even if Biafra gets the Delta...oil is not the money earner it used to be. Oil prices are dropping, and the clean energy revolution is here, plus the US is becoming energy sufficient (something that democrats and republicans agree on at least)

3.A large proportion of foodstuff consumed in the SE comes from...the same North. Once there is a border....the prices of foodstuff go up due to...tarrifs.

4.The main business in the SE is....importing and selling imported stuff. I doubt that would change with Biafra...meaning more pressure on any forex reserves, and more debt.
The bottom line is that the Igbo have lost interest in all these points. They know all these your points before deciding to go their way. Be rest assured that if this country is divided today, the dot nation will become the fastest growing economy in the world in less than 3 years. Besides, they don't just import; they produce. They are not called the Japan of Africa for nothing. Even if oil has a bit part to play in their economy, they have three confirmed oil producing states in Abia, Imo and Anambra at the moment and still counting. They have paid the supreme price for the unity of Nigeria, but you still decide to treat them as second class citizens in a country they laboured most to build. Bro. the camel's back is broken and God's own people are on their way out of Egypt.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Bluntguy: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2021
Latakia:
You are wrong, the Igbos want the post of the vice president under PDP and also want the post of the president plus big big appointments without considering infrastructures to the region under APC grin
Your opinion doesn't change nothing cause you are not Igbo.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by AmbaliJ: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2021
seunmsg:
I still don’t get why south east can’t put up a strong candidate for PDP ticket. Why should the front runner in PDP be Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed? What happens to Peter Obi, Ekweremadu, Anyim Pius Anyim etc? What the fvck is wrong with our SE politicians?

The reason is simple. The SE political elite are well aware that they have burnt bridges with a critical part of the country that could swing an election in the favour of a presidential candidate from their end. No thanks to their tacit support for a rabid anti-North campaign by the militant ipob since GEJ's election loss. Therefore, they figure that their best bet would be to play second fiddle by settling (hopefully) for the VP slot under another Northern/Fulani candidate.

But even that strategy is now under threat as Wike is seemingly positioning himself for that coveted VP position.

In the end, they'll rather tolerate another Northern president for an extra 8-years, out of spite for the SW, whom they refuse to acknowledge are within their right to contest for the presidency in 2023. But unfortunately for them, politics is a game of numbers, and the SW has demonstrated that they aren't scared of anybody or region (North or South) in their quest for the top seat. Their failure to see beyond their pettiness and bigotry against Yorubas may just see them having to endure another 8-yrs of wailing in the opposition camp.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Latakia(f): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2021
nonhuman:
tell yourself the truth are you happy as a Nigerian right now
Amend your way cos you cannot be happy if you don't have peace of mind towards your country.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2021
Sufferingboy:

I deliberately used the word displaced,so that why I even made bold in quote.I know you guys will not be happy I used displace.

Igbos should build their land.

And I deliberately wanted to teach you.

In school, we spoke jagons deliberately and that doesn't mean the jagons were correct.

A deliberate use and adoption of falsehood only "dims" your chances of learning

"Igbos should build their land", make do with the above
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 18, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Go to onitsha and see Igbos running out of their land as if they are war refugees.Running to another man land is not a long term plan.Build your land,no matter how hard it is to build.I am not not talking of building empty houses in the villages.

Igbos should build manufacturing plants in their land to employ their people.Build infrastructures in your land.Anywhere Igbo man see other wey others dey build their land,he go run go.

Many Igbos don't ever think of going back home,today you will hear terms like abuja Igbos,lagos Igbos and Northern Igbos etc.

Even in my place of Origin,you will see Igbos that have refused to go back home to build their land,they prefer to die in another man land.

Southeast is now empty,like grave yard.

Basking in the euphoria of falsehood

What a waste of energy cos I couldn't finish up.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Latakia(f): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2021
Bluntguy:

Your opinion doesn't change nothing cause you are not Igbo.
God truly love me that is why he didn't make me an Igbo cos I will be having the same mentality like those on nairaland and other social media. But the bitter true be say IGBOs want the post of the vice president under PDP and the post of the president plus big big appointments without considering infrastructures under APC
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by effort1: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2021
Bluntguy:

That's what they will say. Didn't you call them politicians? But discard your fears and grant them a referendum then you will know where their hearts truly lie.

Everyone deserves referendum.

It is not by force to stay together
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by orisa37: 9:48am On Sep 18, 2021
hope-for-president-from-s-east-dims.

What the SOUTH EAST wants in SOKOTO (CALIPHATE) IS RIGHT THERE IN THERE SOKOTO (PANTALOONS)

JONATHAN/SARAKI SHOULD BE LURED TO COMEBACK FOR 2023.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Obi Says Past Leaders Are Bad, Yet Runs To Them For Endorsement / Residents Berate Senator Alimikhena Over Statement On Adams Oshiomhole / Governor Adeleke Launches Pro-masses 100 Days Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.