Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims (15800 Views)

Hope Dims Over Bail For Frederick Nwajiagu / 2023: Hope For Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso As PDP Moves To Scrap Zoning / 2023: Oshiomhole’s Sack Dims Way For Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by nabiz(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2021
Modrovdeux:

1.Obasanjo has his boys and connections built over the years, and yeah, he did the hard work of campaigning

2.Obasanjo helped Yarauda with his campaign, plus Yaradua is the younger brother of late Shehu Yaradua...who also had his own nationwide contacts ...

3.Ditto GEJ.
did obasanjo help the north more than what rochas okorocha, orji uzo kanu and the rest have done
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Sufferingboy(f): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2021
Veggieseedies:

And I deliberately wanted to teach you.

In school, we spoke jagons deliberately and that doesn't mean the jagons were correct.

A deliberate use and adoption of falsehood only "dims" your chances of learning

"Igbos should build their land", make do with the above

Bro this one of the problem of Igbos,they never learn.I deliberate use the word "DISPLACED" because I know Igbos don't want to hear that.

Migrating to another man's land is not a long term goal,Igbos should seek aliance and stop threatening others.

Don't you know they many billionares from other region,but they can't invest in Igbo land because of Igbos bad behaviours.They can't trust Igbos....

Igbos build their land,Stop looking for "Alreadymadeland" to migrate to.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by paltielx: 9:52am On Sep 18, 2021
They can never get president with the rate of violence coming from that zone
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by dumodust(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2021
GrinCitrus:
SE travails continues
Which travails? The region that has the presidency, of what good has it been to them except for banditry and terrorism?
Our focus should be on competence, capability and fairness, this zoning approach will throw up more compromised misfits and our suffering will continue
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Coolgent(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2021
If PDP zone it Presidential ticket to North APc will be History cos Northerners realised their mistake of voting Daura President couple with the fact that out of 26 years of PDP Northerner serves for just 3 years.

NB: candidate shouldn't exceed morethan 58/60 years
Should be Hausa or any tribe but not Fulani clan.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Lovenorth: 10:00am On Sep 18, 2021
tnerro1:

Hahaha, Jonathan has learnt his lesson, he will deal with the north when he gets there, in short, any southern president will deal with the north after what bubu has done. There will be no open grazing, VAT will go to the States and their will be state police.

The north will be in trouble when a southern president enters grin grin grin
Don't forget that we are the majority in the upper and lower houses, we have the power to manipulate the country the way we want
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by v2: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2021
Umahi must not hear this o
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Bluntguy: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2021
Latakia:
God truly love me that is why he didn't make me an Igbo cos I will be having the same mentality like those on nairaland and other social media. But the bitter true be say IGBOs want the post of the vice president under PDP and the post of the president plus big big appointments without considering infrastructures under APC
I'm proudly Igbo. No better tribe in Nigeria than the Igbo. Be consoling yourself with your mumu post. I won't reply you again but you can keep quoting me. It's in your blood to jump up and down social media in matters that concern Umuchineke.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Bro this one of the problem of Igbos,they never learn.I deliberate use the word "DISPLACED" because I know Igbos don't want to hear that.

Migrating to another man's land is not a long term goal,Igbos should seek aliance and stop threatening others.

Don't you know they many billionares from other region,but they can't invest in Igbo land because of Igbos bad behaviours.They can't trust Igbos....

Igbos build their land,Stop looking for "Alreadymadeland" to migrate to.

You don't rather learn, I've been telling you that you're wasting time and energy, you chose to continue. Ok

You lack knowledge
Imaghi ihe
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by OAFMods: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2021
Same way I voted Azikwe Ojukwu Ekweme n every other foolish igbo politician you care to bring on board. If you own a foolish father I will not hesitate to call you both out.

jaxxy:

Are u ok in the head or u lack comprehension?? Is there anything I stated that is a lie?

I voted mko, I voted obasanjo 2ce, I voted yaradua, Jonathan and even Buhari. I am not a stupid bigot like u. And u better don’t call people’s father anyhow into ur stupid argument. If u don’t know what to say don’t quote me with ur stupidity.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by richidinho(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:

I believe the northern elites are aware that in today's Nigeria, no one region can continue to be president. They are very much aware that times have changed. If you look carefully, they are not aggressively opposing the idea of a southern presidency in 2023. The unity of the country is far better than the greed of any region.

You are everywhere, talking bla bla bla like U own d country
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by ogwumgbe: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
•As APC, PDP not likely to zone Presidency to the region

•PDP to throw it open, considers Southwest for chairmanship

•Intrigues surface as both parties seek to outfox each other

By Emmanuel Aziken

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/2023-hope-for-president-from-s-east-dims/

Akeredolu is the right man for the job not Tinubu, Tinubu should support Akeredolu for president
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by caracas: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2021
TGM2015:
We know this.

For APC, for the region that gave all their support through political membership and mobilisation of voters to coast the party to victory, in all fairness, the presidency should go to SW. APC lost in SW since inauguration has been voters protest vote against the candidate and not against the party. So SW deserves the 2023 President slot.

For PDP, SE has given their all, even go to extend of killing their brothers for supporting APC and not PDP. They sacrifice their blood, money, energy, I mean, everything both the electorate and the political members including non-electorates. If there is any region that should get presidential slot in PDP for 2023, it should be SE uncontested. But we knew since early 2020 that PDP presidential ticket is going to the North come 2023.

Unfortunately for APC political gladiator in SE, they discovered very late, except for Amaechi, that their only bargain for 2023 presidential slot is in their political strength that will show they have capacity to win and lobby political gamers across the nation and their people will support and show love to the party. Unfortunately, SE as at today, is the arrowhead for separationist and fight against the North, specifically fighting the Fulanis that has greater influence in the north.

Umahi and other lawmakers in SE realising that SE have been Used and dump by PDP are now moving to APC to brighten SE chances to clinch APC presidential slot for 2023. But their moves were very late, the deserving region has fought for the post.

We will surely be going to 2023 elections with SW as national Chairman for leading opposition (PDP) and Presidential candidate for the ruling party (APC). SW are not slaves as they referred to them by their southerners counterpart, they are wise enough to understand the direction of things and play the game well to win the future. SE should, considering the current political disposition, be lobbying for Senate President in PDP and House Speaker or Senate Majority Leader in APC.

In all, before you act in life, think about tomorrow, you will discover a natural holding back force anytime you are about to take some actions. When the past is controlling the present of a man, the future is always jeopardise; such is the case of South Easterners, their past is controlling their present such that their future prospects is now highly jeopardised, politically and economically. It is not being a coward or fool but being wise enough to win and enjoy tomorrow. In igbó land, it is only a coward that will live to tell the story of once upon a time brave man.
Av seen many dumb n junk analysis, but this your own, my friend should enter the Guinness book of records for the worst n most stupid analysis ever written.....
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by NiceMen: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
From my deep analysis of the present political climate in Nigeria, I think the Ibos are not interested about 2023 presidential ticket. I see a lot of talks in the south east region that isn't backed with the necessary movement that is expected to lead one to the promise land.

Come 2023, I see the presidential ticket zoned to the South West due to the strong motions taking place in that region.
They are not really interested to be candid. Those clamouring for it are not even serious. Another thing is that they know other regions do not want an Igbo man as President. So why waste their time?

Nigeria is currently bad ad worse of, is every region not suffering it? When Nigeria was a bit better during PDP everyone felt it.

An average Igbo man just want to do business, make money, enjoy life because they have learned to live without depending on government long before now.

The ones I pity are the current Igbo governors. They will be dealt with if they don't put things in order. For now, we are just sensitizing our people on the need to focus on Igbo leaders and leave outsiders alone.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by caracas: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:

I believe the northern elites are aware that in today's Nigeria, no one region can continue to be president. They are very much aware that times have changed. If you look carefully, they are not aggressively opposing the idea of a southern presidency in 2023. The unity of the country is far better than the greed of any region.
Keep giving yourselves false hopes, las las Ina eyes go clear.....2023 is around the corner
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Latakia(f): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2021
Bluntguy:

I'm proudly Igbo. No better tribe in Nigeria than the Igbo. Be consoling yourself with your mumu post. I won't reply you again but you can keep quoting me. It's in your blood to jump up and down social media in matters that concern Umuchineke.
Better for u o but that did not say I shouldn't tell you the truth that IGBOs want the post of vice president under PDP and the post of president plus big big appointments without considering infrastructures under APC.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by jaxxy(m): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2021
OAFMods:
Same way I voted Azikwe Ojukwu Ekweme n every other foolish igbo politician you care to bring on board. If you own a foolish father I will not hesitate to call you both out.

Look at this stupid foool. In my post did I mention ur father or anyone’s father? Are not stupid? If u disagree with anything I said counter it or move on don’t quote me talking trash.

U vote Azikiwe as a feotus? Keep deceiving urself. I have said the facts and I understand it hurts bt the truth hurts sometimes. Deal with it.

I addressed SE issue and SW issue also and it’s very clear for all to see. Don’t let guilty conscience eat u up.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by od501: 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Quality20:
our igbo ppl are too greedy. They just want d presidency on a platter,no contest or struggle. was that how late mko abiola fought against the odds and defeated great northern and southern politicians both in the primaries and general elections, including Tofa of the defunct NRC in his home state? Igbos need to spend like there is no tomorrow if they truly are serious

Igbos are never serious with becoming president. And it's a good for the next phase of politics that will commence after 2023.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Queseda: 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
We don't need it, we will vote for a north candidate
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
Idiko1:

Ejoor never foiled any coup in Enugu. As matter of fact, Ejoor never resumed duty as the CO of 1st Battalion, Enugu when 1966 coup was precipitated. Ejoor was still in Lagos at army HQ and would have been liquated in a hotel room where he was lodged.

Bros Ejoor gave instructions for them to change those in the armoury that alone prevented those assigned in Enugu from having the ammunition needed to carry out the coup. He transmitted the orders from Ikeja along with Ironsi when they were trying to dislodge the dissident troops in Lagos.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by BJanta: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
Bluntguy:

The Igbos really want to go their way. If an Igbo man loses interest in anything, nothing changes his conviction. That is what is happening.

You're deceiving yourself. Where is the spot for an Igboman to put his foot in all this? Even your PDP has rejected you, and now while the North is subtly clamouring for Tinubu be the next president, the PDP has literally gifted its party chairmanship to the Southwest. The Igboman lacks potical sagacity and valuable wisdom.It is not open agitation that wins heart in political settings, but sagacity.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by ojsmscom(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
All the south east is asking for is referendum to leave Nigeria
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
Miller232:

I just wish the people can be Wise and bury these two stupid parties once and for all mke we send them to their graves and retirement house mke we shock them vote another party entirely

If you bury the two parties, all the idiotic politicians will simply port to the new parties and looting continues.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by tnerro1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lovenorth:

Don't forget that we are the majority in the upper and lower houses, we have the power to manipulate the country the way we want

Manipulate this VAT first, then I will believe you grin
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by mightyhaze: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
jaxxy:
Dims to where? If the South can’t come to an agreement it will definitely go back to the North since they can agree better.

It’s simple mathematics.

It’s turn for the SE and there are only 2 main challenges

1. SE can’t even get a formidable and national candidate.

2. SW won’t support Igbos for president. They have become saboteurs and opportunist of Igbo marginalization over the years even more than the North.

Note I am not trying 2 create a division btwn Yoruba and Igbos i am asking them to think and harmonize.
succinctly put..
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Brimstone77: 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
[s]
Lightorder:
oga, if you like vomit and not just spit. This country started decaying because people like you went into power and being supported by people of same mind. They believe that performance of any president should be based on his achievements in his own region or his home state. This is madness. Let us keep gunning for injustice and incompetence based on selfish reasons. We will all die here in it. Make sure you go no where. Keep politicking and choosing injustice over fairness
[/s] what is this one saying??

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Lightorder: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Brimstone77:
[s][/s] what is this one saying??
I am glad you could read it and that is why you cancelled it. I m ok
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by azorjiu(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
It’s been ages I commented here. Bookmark this post.
The North will win in 2023. The only way a southerner will become the next president is if it is zoned to the south east same way it was zoned to south west in 1999 to placate for stolen mandate of Abiola. If we must rotate between North and South, there is no reason why we shouldn’t rotate within the southern zones. At state level, there is rotation within the senatorial zones. Atiku vs Obi remains the only option of an igbo man becoming the president by 2031. Since we play tribal politics, we might as well deepen it.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Brimstone77: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lightorder:
I am glad you could read it and that is why you cancelled it. I m ok
grin grin sorry bro I didn't read it...

I can't waste my time reading such long epistle that will add nothing to my life..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Bandit Groups Participated In Kuriga Students Abduction, Received Ransom – / Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October / Reps Adopts 2014 Confab report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.