Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business (17947 Views)

How To Start A Successful Car Wash Business In Nigeria / Viability Of Car Wash Business In Nigeria / Interested In Car Wash Business In Nigeria, What Do You Need? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by OGMEEKZY: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

Words are powerful, u said u are Mr trouble and I can see u were not lying..stay d fVck away from me

Ignore losers

1 Like

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by elyonchee(f): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Please how much can I budget to start a car wash business

Both the land rent, the water thank, and the washing engine
you can find a mall or a space that is free from all task force wahala preferably in a garden or an office complex. The rent may range between 350-500k.
Then others may cost 200k.
Then registering the business 20k
So in all between 1m-2m will do.
Remember to conduct a market research and also look for strategic location that will be favourable for your cash wash business. You can even rent a space in a filling station.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by icecool12(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2021
Higgies:
If it is Bakery business now, I can confidently talk about it. That's what I live on.
With 2 - 2.5m I'll setup a sound bread bakery for you at any location of your choice.

How profitable is bakery business?
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Champneys: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

Ur mate dey use one milion buy wine, na dat u dey vex wen I call one million..

Come here, let me buy you a bottle of pammie and nkwobi. wink
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
HomoDroid:

This is where most Nigerians get it wrong! The OP asked for the setup cost of Car Wash Business!

What you listed will start a Car Wash WORK, not business. The difference is that you don't need to be physically present for a business to succeed, but you must be at work for work to work grin

The elements of remote control of this type of business require a ticketing teller/ cash control system, monitoring equipment such as CCTV, Official registration with CAC to enable you run a Corporate Bank Account, physical compliance requirements such as proper drainage, well written business plan or blueprint, marketing assets, Salaries, Insurance and a whole lot of other details, which will cost nothing less than another N1m

These elements are what makes for business sustainability and longevity.

If you want to start a new business, you might need proper guidance from somebody like me, not the generic pro bono advice you will get on this kind of forum!

Thanks for ur advice but don't damp my own to rise. ..dats why I wrote miscellaneous...besides I dunno if OP is ready to takE it officially..be careful
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Emexicoman(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
SirBunky85:
why should he chat you up?can't you give him at least an estimate as he asked here?people be forming what I don't just know on this nairaland
sorry I was busy when I saw this post. Someone has also called me from this post. I'll do the needful. I'm into car wash and I'll tell y' all it's worth it.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by uchman(m): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
I opened a car wash and my mouth no fit talk wetin my eyes see finish because I was not around, the management became so bad...
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Shaolin0147(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

Sure love even it's to put banner there so people eye will go there unless they will pass everyday
Ok, Thanks
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Shaolin0147(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2021
Thanks everyone for the advice, I really appreciate it
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Shaolin0147(m): 11:33am On Sep 20, 2021
Emexicoman:
Source of water?
Gp tank...
Car Washing / pressure machine 75000
Sponges, brushes, buckets, rags 5000
Car port N/A
Hose.. yard is about 300naira
Land space/rent N/A
Chairs and table 4chairs 10k, table N/A
These are the things you need to start

I own a car wash

I don't know the price of gpee tanks in the market recently, you could price and select the size suitable and affordable for at the nearest building materials marketing your area.
The basic challenge with this business is staff, just like any other small business.

They might wash 5 cars in your absence but declare only 2. I know how many times I've caught my boys lieing about cars washed and believe you me this could run you down.

The best buckets to use are paint buckets, best soft Sponges are gotten from mosquitoes nets. Brushes go for 500 naira.

Do you have a source of water, I use the water board pipe borne water.
You need a small shop to store your properties after closing (staff may sleep over too)

Chat me up
Zero 7 zero 6 11 nine 0952
Can 200k do all that, apart from space rent?

About the cheating of staff I planned to install CCTV camera suggested by another nairalander, is that cool?

Thanks for ur input though,I will reason you when I'm set
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Shaolin0147(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2021
uchman:
I opened a car wash and my mouth no fit talk wetin my eyes see finish because I was not around, the management became so bad...
What are you planning to do about it?
Are you closing it down?
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Shaolin0147(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Volkswagen90:
I started mine with 30k last year
What's the cost of the gp tank you're using?
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by Emexicoman(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Can 200k do all that, apart from space rent?

About the cheating of staff I planned to install CCTV camera suggested by another nairalander, is that cool?

Thanks for ur input though,I will reason you when I'm set
you should do a price check to know, for your region. Most of the things I posted there are old prices.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by MonogramMaster(m): 9:34am On Sep 23, 2021
Emexicoman:
Source of water?
Gp tank...
Car Washing / pressure machine 75000
Sponges, brushes, buckets, rags 5000
Car port N/A
Hose.. yard is about 300naira
Land space/rent N/A
Chairs and table 4chairs 10k, table N/A
These are the things you need to start

I own a car wash

I don't know the price of gpee tanks in the market recently, you could price and select the size suitable and affordable for at the nearest building materials marketing your area.
The basic challenge with this business is staff, just like any other small business.

They might wash 5 cars in your absence but declare only 2. I know how many times I've caught my boys lieing about cars washed and believe you me this could run you down.

The best buckets to use are paint buckets, best soft Sponges are gotten from mosquitoes nets. Brushes go for 500 naira.

Do you have a source of water, I use the water board pipe borne water.
You need a small shop to store your properties after closing (staff may sleep over too)

Chat me up
Zero 7 zero 6 11 nine 0952
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by MrHighSea: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
uchman:
I have carport for sell, can contain 3 cars and same blue Color like the picture used for this thread...
I used it for car wash business which I have closed down...
I will sell very cheap, just DM
What made you close it down?
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by zhukafa(m): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2023
Good day all, I know this thread has been long ago. But I have gradually read through all that was contributed here. I want to also drop my own comment and advice.
Car wash business is very very good if planned well. I have been into this business since 2009. I also help people establish the business. Now, let me state that opening a car wash needs funds. I don't advice people buying most of these china washing machines of 2500 PSI. If you really want to venture into car wash business, the type of machine you buy also determine your profit margin. The machine I use in my washing bay, I bought it for 400,000 naira. It's a 13HP diesel pressure washer of 3500psi. The one I was using was a steam pressure washer I bought then for 750,000 naira which was 5000 psi. Why do I advice people to go for a good pressure washer with a pressure of minimum 3500psi, those kinds of pressure boost your Business very well. There is no kind of dirty it won't pull away. You will use them for washing of rugs, tippers, trailers, caterpillars etc. When I was using a steam pressure washer, customers do higher us to their equipment yard to wash there trucks and equipment.
So friends, Car wash business needs money to venture into. Also I advice if possible, let the place you open the business be your own. If it's a rented space, negotiate for a longer time , let's say pay for 5years. To avoid when the business wants to sit up and the owner starts telling you that he wants to make use of the space. Thanks.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by tobisunday(m): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2023
zhukafa:
Good day all, I know this thread has been long ago. But I have gradually read through all that was contributed here. I want to also drop my own comment and advice.
Car wash business is very very good if planned well. I have been into this business since 2009. I also help people establish the business. Now, let me state that opening a car wash needs funds. I don't advice people buying most of these china washing machines of 2500 PSI. If you really want to venture into car wash business, the type of machine you buy also determine your profit margin. The machine I use in my washing bay, I bought it for 400,000 naira. It's a 13HP diesel pressure washer of 3500psi. The one I was using was a steam pressure washer I bought then for 750,000 naira which was 5000 psi. Why do I advice people to go for a good pressure washer with a pressure of minimum 3500psi, those kinds of pressure boost your Business very well. There is no kind of dirty it won't pull away. You will use them for washing of rugs, tippers, trailers, caterpillars etc. When I was using a steam pressure washer, customers do higher us to their equipment yard to wash there trucks and equipment.
So friends, Car wash business needs money to venture into. Also I advice if possible, let the place you open the business be your own. If it's a rented space, negotiate for a longer time , let's say pay for 5years. To avoid when the business wants to sit up and the owner starts telling you that he wants to make use of the space. Thanks.

Good morning
The capital at hand now is 1m .... I got an existing car wash but no longer functional but everything is present there ( tanks, borehole, 2 carports, a shop for keeping equipments or selling drinks, very spacious compound, sitting arena for waiting customers and can even server as bar, the owner offered to give me a pressure washer and a vaccum cleaner etc )

But the man is requesting for 750k annually

What's ur take on this ?
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by zhukafa(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
tobisunday:

Good morning
The capital at hand now is 1m .... I got an existing car wash but no longer functional but everything is present there ( tanks, borehole, 2 carports, a shop for keeping equipments or selling drinks, very spacious compound, sitting arena for waiting customers and can even server as bar, the owner offered to give me a pressure washer and a vaccum cleaner etc )

But the man is requesting for 750k annually

What's ur take on this ?

To me, first, you need to know the reason why the initial person stopped the car wash business, so you won't also be a victim to that. But I normally advice that anywhere you want to use as your washing bay, please let it be your own or you pay for at least 3yrs. To avoid stories that touches
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by tobisunday(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2023
zhukafa:

To me, first, you need to know the reason why the initial person stopped the car wash business, so you won't also be a victim to that. But I normally advice that anywhere you want to use as your washing bay, please let it be your own or you pay for at least 3yrs. To avoid stories that touches
the deal didn’t go through
Still on the lookout for other businesses
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by zhukafa(m): 9:32am On Jul 06, 2023
tobisunday:
the deal didn’t go through
Still on the lookout for other businesses
Okay. No issues. If it's still car wash business you want to go into, you can ask for more informations.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Start A Car Wash Business by hoomogh(m): 1:50am On Apr 14
uchman:
I have carport for sell, can contain 3 cars and same blue Color like the picture used for this thread...
I used it for car wash business which I have closed down...
I will sell very cheap, just DM
u still have it for sale ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Transfer Money From Nigeria To Kenya ? / Traders Stranded As Council Demolishes Ile-epo Market In Lagos / Oshodi Market Demolition : Affected Traders Reject Alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.