Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist (9072 Views)

Does God Exist? / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. / Charles Omole: Biodun Fatoyinbo May Not Be Convicted, Busola Has No Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Both of you should be open. Religious and atheistic militants. Sometimes atheist act like
religious extremists. If you can't prove or disprove something then be open. The problem here is not if he exist its the definition of God here.
I don’t know if a creator exist, but I am sure the Christians god doesn’t exist.
I’m 100% sure that the Christian god is hoax, all results and well established scientific facts is against the existence of Christian description of a god
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
My stance is clear.

I don’t believe god exist, I didn’t make the god claim, if you claim god exist then I need evidence to be sure you are right.
Our knowledge so far in science already shows that the Christian and Muslim descriptions of god doesn’t add up.
My definition of God is just following the cosmological argument, "for everything there is a cause, and for every cause a cause in turn ad infinitum" that will lead us to the first cause. That first cause is God. I also have problems with the bible. The Quran is worse. There is a lot of contradictions in it. God can be anything we cannot fathom.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

My definition of God is just following the cosmological argument, "for everything there is a cause, and for every cause a cause in turn ad infinitum" that will lead us to the first cause. That first cause is God. I also have problems with the bible. The Quran is worse. There is a lot of contradictions in it. God can be anything we cannot fathom.
The problem with this line of reasoning is that

1. “If everything has a cause” then this will result in an infinite regress. “Turtles all the way down” effect.

2. If you say god is first cause then are we talking about one of the gods we know on earth?

3. If yes then does the description match evidence available?

4. Why must the rule of “everything has a cause” stop with a god? It creates a bigger problem of having to find the cause of god.

This is why in logic and reasoning, we employ the Occam’s razor method to settle for the less ambiguous answers; in this case, we have two problems

1. we don’t know if there’s a god.
2. If there’s a god, who created the god and so on.
The best simplest answer to follow is the first using occam’s razor. We don’t know if there’s a god and if there’s any, it has to be backed by evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

U are confusing me. I don't even know what u stand for. I'm trying to explain to Mr workch why a God can exist. U are a christian and u are tackling me...or let me ask . are u a christian.

No, Olayoo, buda is not a Christian! buda is simply a book reader who reads to understand as opposed to believe as Christians do.

If buda is put in the Garden of Eden and told "of all the fruits of the trees in the garden you may freely eat, but this particular tree of knowledge of good and evil you must not eat", buda will go eat it because buda will not believe you and buda loves knowledge.

Also, if buda is told to stay at the bottom of the mountain with Aaron, Ahibu and the 70 elders while Moses alone go before God, buda would say, "fuq off! Moses does not have two heads so I am coming up with him and you can turn me into a pillar of salt if you so want!"
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

My definition of God is just following the cosmological argument, "for everything there is a cause, and for every cause a cause in turn ad infinitum" that will lead us to the first cause. That first cause is God.

We call this the God of the Gap theory. There's lots of threads where it is discussed and shown to be the attitude of the lazy who refuse to investigate further.

Such people tend to believe the earth, if not the universe, was created in 6 days starting in April 4004BC despite much evidence that indicates the earth is much much older. What's sad is their neglect of the preceding years which would explain why it is written that "out of Egypt I called my Son". If only such people would not feed on only bread, they would not be so malnourished.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
budaatum:

No, Olayoo, buda is not a Christian! buda is simply a book reader who reads to understand as opposed to believe as Christians do.

If buda is put in the Garden of Eden and told "of all the fruits of the trees in the garden you may freely eat, but this particular tree of knowledge of good and evil you must not eat", buda will go eat it because buda will not believe you and buda loves knowledge.

Also, if buda is told to stay at the bottom of the mountain with Aaron, Ahibu and the 70 elders while Moses alone go before God, buda would say, "fuq off! Moses does not have two heads so I am coming up with him and you can turn me into a pillar of salt if you so want!"

Should have guessed from your name. Buddhism. Well cool. It doesn't force any one . I'm a fan of zen Buddhism and their minimalist philosophy. But one thing I don't buy is the concept of reincarnation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2021
budaatum:

We call this the God of the Gap theory. There's lots of threads where it is discussed and shown to be the attitude of the lazy who refuse to investigate further.

Such people tend to believe the earth, if not the universe, was created in 6 days starting in April 4004BC despite much evidence that indicates the earth is much much older. What's sad is their neglect of the preceding years which would explain why it is written that "out of Egypt I called my Son". If only such people would not feed on only bread, they would not be so malnourished.
Yah. Maybe I should rephrase it. I don't mean a literal god though. I mean to say it metaphorically. I'm more of an "agnostic pantheist"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Should have guessed from your name. Buddhism. Well cool. It doesn't force any one . I'm a fan of zen Buddhism and their minimalist philosophy. But one thing I don't buy is the concept of reincarnation.

Yes, you should have guessed, though you'd need to understand what Buddha meant when he said one must learn the religion of one's society too.

Reincarnation is literally the same thing as being born again. Simpletons think you must literally die first. If only they understood Paul's Road to Damascus experience, we'd all insist on becoming as children in order to reincarnate into new mindsets (as opposed to bodies, as many think).
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Yah. Maybe I should rephrase it. I don't mean a literal god though. I mean to say it metaphorically. I'm more of an "agnostic pantheist"

The problem many have is their desire for an image of God. Unfortunately, many do not understand that claiming God is this or that, is image creation. Kind of makes Christians seem dumb when they respond to such requests when they should have learned from Christ to say, "It is written, 'Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth'. After all, you can't exactly produce a spirit as evidence.

If one does not create an image of God one would keep asking and knocking and seeking with all of one's senses until one finds God in God's very own Kingdom where God is written to dwell.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
I am willing to sincerely learn and teach anyone who’s willing but the moment I sense that the person I am conversing with is dogmatic and just willing to force his opinion down my throat, I stop taking such a person seriously.

As soon as you believe the person is dogmatic, you become dogmatic too, workch, is what the evidence suggests. It's what you've done in this thread while conversing with me, and why I insulted you by calling you a believer.

One can read a book to understand what's in the book without believing it, and believing a book one read is just plain brainlessly dumb, as interrogation would show the believer has not bothered to understand.

Imagine believing a Physics textbook instead of understanding it. That, is the problem we face in Nigeria, despite reading (believing, rather) that one must ask and knock and seek with all of one's senses, which is precisely the meaning of 'to do science'.

Do know that you have obeyed the saying that begins,"(hu)mans shall not live by bread alone". It's why you are less malnourished than some. I've added the exact quote so you show how it brings out the inevitable dog in you. Your dog amuses me.

As for forcing opinions down your throat, I can not bring myself to believe you are so weak as to be force fed.

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
budaatum:

As soon as you believe the person is dogmatic, you become dogmatic too, workch, is what the evidence suggests. It's what you've done in this thread while conversing with me, and why I insulted you by calling you a believer.

One can read a book to understand what's in the book without believing it, and believing a book one read is just plain brainlessly dumb, as interrogation would show the believer has not bothered to understand.

Imagine believing a Physics textbook instead of understanding it. That, is the problem we face in Nigeria, despite reading (believing, rather) that one must ask and knock and seek with all of one's senses, which is precisely the meaning of 'to do science'.

Do know that you have obeyed the saying that begins,"(hu)mans shall not live by bread alone". It's why you are less malnourished than some. I've added the exact quote so you show how it brings out the inevitable dog in you. Your dog amuses me.

As for forcing opinions down your throat, I can not bring myself to believe you are so weak as to be force fed.
Whatever happens here, I will never accept that a god exist without evidence.

I will change my mind when I see an evidence.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
I don’t know if a creator exist, but I am sure the Christians god doesn’t exist.
I’m 100% sure that the Christian god is hoax, all results and well established scientific facts is against the existence of Christian description of a god

Workch:
My stance is clear.

I don’t believe god exist, I didn’t make the god claim, if you claim god exist then I need evidence to be sure you are right.
Our knowledge so far in science already shows that the Christian and Muslim descriptions of god doesn’t add up.

Olayoo:
My definition of God is just following the cosmological argument, "for everything there is a cause, and for every cause a cause in turn ad infinitum" that will lead us to the first cause. That first cause is God.
The word God and/or god is a title. God and/or gods, have personal names. Now the simplest and purest definition, in one word, of God and/or god in, Influence or influence. Of course youse know what 'Influence and/or influence' means.

In fact, reiterating, the word God and/or god actually is nothing other than a title. God and/or gods, have personal names. Now the simplest and purest definitio, of God and/or god, using in one word, will be, Influence or influence. Of course y'all know what 'Influence and/or influence' means

Olayoo, you're right on the money that first cause is God.Yes, the first Cause is the Self Existing Supernatural Being, with a God nomenclature.

Olayoo:
I also have problems with the bible.
A problem shared is a problem halved. Hit me with some if not all the problems you have with the Bible. I can take it. I can take the hit, so dont hold back

Olayoo:
The Quran is worse. There is a lot of contradictions in it.
Dont get me started on the Quran. Pu-lease

Olayoo:
God can be anything we cannot fathom.
You remark here, is something exactly similar to what God actually told Moseh aka Moses. He said, go tell the Israelites that 'Ehye Aser Ehye' or 'I AM, I AM', 'I AM, that, I AM', 'I will become what I choose to become', 'I AM what I AM' 'I will be whatever I will be', 'I create what(ever) I create', or 'I am the Self Existing One' sent you.

In another passage, someone asked for God's personal, but God's reply was, why do you want to know, especially when My Name is mysterious and so a secret , because its beyond human comprehension and understanding

Now, at the junction, my question to both of youse, i.e. Workch & Olayoo is, since when does absence of evidence equate to evidence of absence?

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by KnownUnknown: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ass, salam, and Lekum
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Nature. Moses’ God was/is the natural world. Nature becomes whatever it chooses to become as witnessed in rivers, valleys, mountains, stars etc I will be whatever I will be. I am.

Ass, salam, and Lekum
The Rock in the wilderness was God. The pillars of fire and cloud in the wilderness was God. The Unburnt Burning Bush that was God

Where Nature stops and ends, God carries on from there until eternity. Nature is limited, God is not

Peace be upon you too

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
My stance is clear.

I don’t believe god exist......

You wishy washy lame believing atheist! You are no different to a person who believes God exists, for you both make up crap in your head and believe it.

I am certain your first reaction is denial, but the operative word here is belief, which is in no way the equivalent of knowledge, or even, understanding.

Work some now. Think about it.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Ass, salam, and Lekum

Wa lekum salam.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
budaatum:

You wishy washy lame believing atheist! You are no different to a person who believes God exists, for you both make up crap in your head and believe it.

I am certain your first reaction is denial, but the operative word here is belief, which is in no way the equivalent of knowledge, or even, understanding.

Work some now. Think about it.

I don’t believe god exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
I don’t believe god exist

Lol, workch.

Work harder so you know if God exists or not!

Hint! You might need to start with "What is God", as I've already mentioned, and if you don't mind going down rabbit holes.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by KnownUnknown: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
BassReeves:

Where Nature stops and ends, God carries on from there until eternity. Nature is limited, God is not

Where does nature stop and end?
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
budaatum:

Lol, workch.

Work harder so you know if God exists or not!

Hint! You might need to start with "What is God", as I've already mentioned, and if you don't mind going down rabbit holes.
I don’t have a problem with that. There are better things to do with my time rather find a nonexistent god
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by KnownUnknown: 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
I don’t have a problem with that. There are better things to do with my time rather find a nonexistent god

It’s not about finding a nonexistent god. It’s akin to following the yellow brick road. If fortune favors you, you might make it all the way to Oz. You might even get to go behind the curtain and fiddle with the instruments and records.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 2:30am On Sep 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:
To start, with nature is God's gift to humanity. Refer to Genesis 1:26-28 for details of this, man's mandate and see that nature is a gift from God.

Look around you to see that beautiful nature is God's gift. Nature, is a God's work of art, just as much and as like human beings are God's work of art. In fact, God is seen in Nature.

Secondly, so that nature, does not, ahead of time, stop and end, is the reason why XR (i.e. Extinction Rebellion) and Insulate Britain, an offshoot of XR, are fighting their corner and devoted to the good cause that nature does not get to the point of prematurely stopping and ending

'Where does nature stop and end?' you asked. Well, where, when and even while nature stops and ends, God doesnt stop and end, this all because God is Eternal and the fact that, eternity is a different dimension, that has no time, no beginning and no end.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 3:48am On Sep 24, 2021
Workch:
Spending time with God, puts everything else into perspective. When you spend time with God, you begin to see things through His lens rather than your earthly perspective and even, the more time you spend with God, the more you will resemble God.

Now, if you find yourself saying 'There are better things to do with my time rather find a nonexistent god' then it's a sign that you're spending less time with God and more time with this world.

Give God your weakness and He'll give you strength in return back. Give God your cluelessness and He'll give you knowledge & understanding in return back.

KnownUnknown:
It’s not about finding a nonexistent god. It’s akin to following the yellow brick road. If fortune favors you, you might make it all the way to Oz. You might even get to go behind the curtain and fiddle with the instruments and records.
Following the yellow brick road will lead one to happiness, but finding the Self Existing God, will lead one to happiness and joy

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Koolyarn: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2021
Workch:
You skipped class when they were giving definition for the word “evidence”?
Seem you are irritated with the evidence given to you..
I can see it disarmed your arguement.
I definitely skip class when the definition was given , possibly the class where you were arguing on your wrapped delusion and feeble attempt to bring forth a reasonable discuss ion.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2021
Koolyarn:

Seem you are irritated with the evidence given to you..
I can see it disarmed your arguement.
I definitely skip class when the definition was given , possibly the class where you were arguing on your wrapped delusion and feeble attempt to bring forth a reasonable discuss ion.
You should have looked up for the word evidence in the dictionary before you typed those as evidence.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Koolyarn: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Workch:
You should have looked up for the word evidence in the dictionary before you typed those as evidence.

Ohhh from imaginary class to dictionary!

You are been micheavous with a seemingly higher knowledge source which you posses not

Tell you what..
It is blindly stupid to argue with your class

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2021
Koolyarn:

You are been micheavous with a seemingly higher knowledge source which you posses not

Tell you what..
Lol grin
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2021
Koolyarn:

Tell you what..

Workch:
Lol grin
Believe God is in the details because God is like oxygen, you cant see God but you cant live without God. The chief reason people do not know God is not because He hides from them but its because they hide from Him

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by KnownUnknown: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2021
BassReeves:

Following the yellow brick road will lead one to happiness, but finding the Self Existing God, will lead one to happiness and joy

The self existing god, the self righteous god, the selfless god, the selfish god, the many faced god, the two faced god etc are the works of the man behind the curtain. Finding that will lead one to freedom, happiness, joy, reason, intelligence, wisdom, and understanding. That’s the yellow brick road.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by KnownUnknown: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2021
BassReeves:
To start, with nature is God's gift to humanity. Refer to Genesis 1:26-28 for details of this, man's mandate and see that nature is a gift from God.

Look around you to see that beautiful nature is God's gift. Nature, is a God's work of art, just as much and as like human beings are God's work of art. In fact, God is seen in Nature.

Secondly, so that nature, does not, ahead of time, stop and end, is the reason why XR (i.e. Extinction Rebellion) and Insulate Britain, an offshoot of XR, are fighting their corner and devoted to the good cause that nature does not get to the point of prematurely stopping and ending

'Where does nature stop and end?' you asked. Well, where, when and even while nature stops and ends, God doesnt stop and end, this all because God is Eternal and the fact that, eternity is a different dimension, that has no time, no beginning and no end.

Where does nature stop and end? Forget about the Jews, Hebrews, Israel or whatever else you call them. I’m not interested in the “noble lie”
contained in their sacred book and how their god created everything. Congratulations to them and their god for creating everything and making them the chosen people.

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by KnownUnknown: 11:23am On Sep 24, 2021
BassReeves:

Believe God is in the details because God is like oxygen, you cant see God but you cant live without God. The chief reason people do not know God is not because He hides from them but its because they hide from Him

Your cartoon betrays that your state of mind has been overcome by white delusion of supremacy.

You Christians betray your true beliefs with these cartoons and images. Pathetic worship of white people as gods.

Just like words, images have denotations and connations and the image you posted above betrays the fact you worship a white man as god.

Christianity is not an offshoot of Judaism but a corruption of it. One of the most basic tenets of Judaism is injuction against the reification of the diety. However, people of European descent paint images of Europeans as god and divinity while you intellectually moribund lot adopt those images thereby subconsciously developing ideas about their superiority and your inferiority. Even Islam has the decency to be iconoclastic when it comes to images of god . Although they do go overboard when they destroy images that have nothing to do with them.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
Pay your tithe and offering regularly and god will reveal himself to you.
Fool!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) / Happy New Year / The Truth About God And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.