Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad (853 Views)

Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by iknowexperts: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
If anyone you know or even you yourself is trying to sponsor any relative to live with you, read this and thread with caution.

I read this on twitter and was shocked.

Some people are just evil. Know this and apply wisdom in your dealings

Below as narrated by Axel on Twitter

https:///0rYsxEdUA4
We buried an auntie of mine on Friday and I’m just glad her suffering is finally over. Her life played out like the most unfortunate kumawood movie.

This life can be so crazy

By the time this happened it was all over the CNN

Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by iknowexperts: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
To make matters worse Ama Owusua told US officials that since my grand auntie was a minister in the then NPP government, her husband and kids were in danger of persecution.

Lawyers came to Ghana and took her husband and kids to the US for “political asylum”

The US government took the thing World Cup and tried to have my grand auntie extradited to face charges. In the end she had step down from her position.

But Ama and her family got their karma. She and her husband are now both blind and she had a stroke that has left her paralyzed and bedridden in the states.

At least there’s something like cosmic justice

Barbara never saw her house or set foot there again from the day she was arrested. From detention to court to jail for 5 years then straight to airport to Ghana with only the clothes she had on her back.

To say this was a source of pain for the family is an understatement

My grand uncle (her dads tribute). He couldn’t read it at the funeral. After the first few lines he broke down and someone read it for him
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by LionTiger(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
Just help anyone you could unconditionally within your limit.
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by chatinent: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
It isn't always the case.

You could still do good.
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by Longsleeve: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Someone really advised and planned everything with her..
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by Richy4(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2021

This could make a very good movie.. with good actors and actresses

1 Like

Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by iknowexperts: 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Longsleeve:
Someone really advised and planned everything with her..

Another angle. She might not have acted alone
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by iknowexperts: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
LionTiger:
Just help anyone you could unconditionally within your limit.

You're right. But whatever we do, we should be careful
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by iknowexperts: 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
chatinent:
It isn't always the case.

You could still do good.

Yes it isn't.

However, this story just reminds me that whatever can come back to hurt us, we have a responsibilty to to try to prevent it from happening.

I mean, this is not the first time we're hearing that someone being sponsored to travel abroad turns against his/her sponsor.

In hindsight, they will have made Ama sign a sponsorship agreement.

Basically stating the reason and circumstance she was travelling to the US. It might have saved the woman

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by iknowexperts: 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
Richy4:

This could make a very good movie.. with good actors and actresses

I even wish it were a movie
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by Sonnobax15(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Some People Are Wicked. Read If You Are Planning To Sponsor A Relative Abroad by LionTiger(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2021
iknowexperts:

You're right. But whatever we do, we should be careful

Exactly, don't lend what you can't forebear.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hallelujah Challenge And The Hypocrisy Of The Average Nigerian. / Thanks / Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.