Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) (21775 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by reXurrectionZA(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mad.....

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Odoogu(m): 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Eating your cake and having it....
That's the motto, mission and vision of the gender.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Twelvedemon12(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2021
Joy no get joy sad

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
Omoo!
Thats one of the reasons why I thought of shutting myself out of this world, be indoor for some years, zero social, no physical contact

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by DannyG8(m): 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
Joy
With no joy

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ah! Guys, not every girl is like Joy o. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Expecting update boss

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ann2012:
Expecting update boss

My nairaland crush wink wink
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by abubakarbabang7(m): 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Have you seen her before??
YoungBruzzy:

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
abubakarbabang7:
Have you seen her before??

Is it your see? grin
And didn’t you check what I wrote up there??
I said my “NAIRALAND CRUSH” Brrrrrrrr undecided undecided

Maka why cry
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 4:34am On Nov 21, 2021
cheesy grin grin
YoungBruzzy:

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=YoungBruzzy post=107664873]Damn!!! I fear that gender so much tongue imagine leaving someone you’ve known for quite a long time for someone you just met. Joy no get brain at all grin[/quote

Person wey no like you no like you. Attraction can't be faked over a long period. Faked attraction leaves cracks behind and for someone who's observant, he/she notices but for one in 'love', he/she is blinded so much so they would ignore the cracks.

4 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
Finally I believe Sam no be only introvert but na recluse. This is though very relatable. Growing up some of us were indeed lily livered because we held on to the mantra that doing good brings about good happening to us but we got the rude awakening.

But Sam friend no try ooo. After the guy don give u spec and how e idolize the Shima, you come go still tell am say na the same Joy ur eye dey... The guy brutal but it's nature. When we fail to go for what we want, we find out that ppl we know gets to get them and more often than not, we are used as tools to get them.
Thanks Kay. We wait.

3 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Loreettaa: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2021
enirock:
Finally I believe Sam no be only introvert but na recluse. This is though very relatable. Growing up some of us were indeed lily livered because we held on to the mantra that doing good brings about good happening to us but we got the rude awakening.

But Sam friend no try ooo. After the guy don give u spec and how e idolize the Shima, you come go still tell am say na the same Joy ur eye dey... The guy brutal but it's nature. When we fail to go for what we want, we find out that ppl we know gets to get them and more often than not, we are used as tools to get them.
Thanks Kay. We wait.
Are you a Tiv guy?

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by nastynic(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
enirock:

Thanks Kay. We wait.

BlaaaaaaaaaaaaSt!

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Loreettaa:

Are you a Tiv guy?
No ma'am.
Why do u ask, do I write like them?

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:12am On Nov 24, 2021
Ann2012:
cheesy grin grin
You don shirk me but anyways we meuve grin grin grin
I go message you tho cos you never accept my proposal yet wink wink
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Great story@ Kayo80. When is a new update dropping?
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
3 chapters left.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
raptex:
Great story@ Kayo80. When is a new update dropping?

Thanks...About to.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Chapter 11: The Dreaded Day

I got myself real busy the following day because I didn’t want to think of what was going to happen that night. There was nothing I could do; they wanted to be with each other, I was just a medium to them meeting. I couldn’t stop that force of attraction, but it hurt my soul.

When it was finally time to leave the house, I got dressed in my best shirt; a double breast pocket army green shirt. I rolled the sleeves up two folds. I took off my regular leather watch, and put on my silver Swatch watch that I had gotten from an ex 7 years ago. She was the only girl that I felt really understood me, but she desperate to get married and I wasn’t ready, so she moved on. Even though she left me, that watch always gave me confidence, as it reminded me that a girl once liked me enough to get me an expensive watch.

I was leaving the house when I stopped at the door, and walked back in as I had forgotten to do something. I headed to my spare room, opened the black duffel bag by the door and pulled out a bottle of cologne. A girl had complimented me about the smell some time ago, and I only sprayed it on special occasions. It wasn’t like I was doing all this for Joy to want me; I just wanted to be at my best state of mind for that day. It was necessary for my sanity.

……….

I got to the bar first, because Frank forgot something in his car and had to walk back to the hotel. A minute after I got there, Joy appeared. I was sitting in the same spot we were the night before, outside, under the tree, so she saw me immediately. She was dressed in a black mono-strap gown, and leather sleepers.
“Where’s Frank?” She asked as she took the seat by the table, facing me.
“He’s on his way.”
“Okay.”
Just then, the sound of loud Afro Beats music came on and drowned out the silence. She pulled out her phone, and a few seconds later, Frank appeared. She was backing the entrance, and she turned around with a smile when I told her he had arrived. She stood up to greet him. The attraction between them was undeniable.

We called over the service girl, and made our orders.

The night was a weird one for me, because I drank so much to forget how it was going to end, and I spent most part of the night sharing stories from my past that made Joy and Frank laugh. I basically entertained them for most part of the night.

Later that night, they dropped me off at home, and went off to the hotel together. I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking of what they were doing. It was torture, but I couldn’t stop my mind from wondering.

When it was getting too bad, I downloaded the 1981 Sam Raimi classic horror movie, The Evil Dead. Scary movies had a way of totally taking over my mind, even in sleep, and that was what I needed right now. I woke up the following morning, screaming, from a nightmare I was having. I hoped I didn’t wake any of my neighbors. A zombie looking girl had been chasing me in the dream, and I somehow outran her and appeared in an empty room with a tall wall mirror. I was looking in the room when she appeared from nowhere and was about to stab me in the back before I woke up.

Now I was awake, in cold sweats. And even though the dream was a dreadful one, I found my mind slowly wondering to something just as devastating to me. I got off my bed, walked out the room, and headed out my house. It was time to feed the chickens.
It was extraordinarily cold when I stepped out of my house and forge was in the air like it was Harmattan, but this was middle of the year. My chickens ran up to me immediately I walked out the door, and it gave me a little joy. I had been feeling worthless before then, but at least these birds valued me.

When I was done with the birds, I went in to do some cleaning. After I was done with that, I downloaded another scary movie, and occupied my time with it. My plan for the day was to watch movies half the day, and start my daily online work in the evening. I was on the second movie when Jack called me. It was 10 in the morning; I was still thinking he would be with her. He let me know he had checked out of his hotel, and dropped Joy off, but wanted to stay at my place for a few hours before traveling back to Lagos. I thought he was going to stay a whole week, but something had come up. He was going back to Lagos, and would be coming back again the following week.

In less than 10 minutes, he was calling that he was outside my house. I went out to let him in, and we sat in my room, discussing everything, but Joy. “So, how was she?” I finally asked, in a nonchalant way.
“Oh, she was cool.”
I wasn’t satisfied with the answer, and I asked a few more specific questions on what I was trying to say. He went into more details on how the night went, and I wish I never pried. Naturally, I wouldn’t have asked such questions, but I really wasn’t myself.
Curiosity kills the cat, they say, and I had just killed myself, emotionally.
We went out to eat later at a canteen close to my house before he left. I felt empty when I got back home. It was like a huge chunk of my heart had been cut out. I was surfing the internet on my laptop and when a message alert came in on my phone. It was Joy. She was bored and wanted me to keep her coming. It was unlike her to hit me up and want a prolong conversation. It was clear to me that she wanted to gauge how I was feeling after knowing that she had just slept with my friend.
I acted like I didn’t care, and was happy when the conversation ended. Even though I still felt something for her, right now, I didn’t feel like talking to her.

I was scrolling through Facebook on laptop, when I saw a picture of a girl in Ankara attire standing in front of a black gate. When I looked closer, I saw it was an old friend with benefits from about two years ago. We had cut things up when she started catching feelings and I couldn’t give her what she wanted.

I sent her a message, and she replied immediately. Apparently, she had been online. Things had ended badly between us back then, but it seemed like she was really happy to hear from me. After catching up on old times for a few minutes, I asked if she would be free in the evening so we could see. She said she is would be free from 5pm, and we agreed on a time to meet.

Right now, I needed something to take my mind off Joy, and I was really excited to catch up with Barbra.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Thanks for the update OP

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Good @kayo80, 2 more to go!
Thanks G

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kawo9ze:
Good @kayo80, 2 more to go!
Thanks G

2 more episodes?
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Gosh. I'm still behind cry
A whole lot to read embarassed

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Carterj007(m): 12:13am On Nov 25, 2021
It's getting more interesting.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Twelvedemon12(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
cool following

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by saxxyb: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
More please

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by oloyedprince1(m): 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2021
Omo bro Kay, abeg make an 2 episode, u don’t disappoint..
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
YoungBruzzy:

You don shirk me but anyways we meuve grin grin grin
I go message you tho cos you never accept my proposal yet wink wink

I dey with you jare

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Ann2012:

I dey with you jare

Oshey baby wink wink check your inbox
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kutunban: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Interesting to read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Nanny's Daughter/ Too Young to Love / Lucifer's Key (book Two) / Collins Oscar Shares His Wedding Photos, Responds To Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.