Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) (21782 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
[quote author=Rahman10 post=108390792]Great work OP. Thank you very much.
I completely relate but can't understand why he didn't stop hanging out with them much earlier. Like he enjoyed the pain from seeing them together.[/quote]

Well, I guess people do stupid things and don't think logically when they are in love or lust. Plus, you have to remember Jack was his childhood friend... Even though he didn't like seeing Jack with Joy, they have shared history, and he didn't just want to back out of the picture that quickly. But he eventually had to do so anyway.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
PraisesPblaze:
Cheers to all beta men out there... When the right one finally comes it will blossom extensively. Especially when u stop making excuses..

Thanks Kayo80
More Grease

Cheers.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
Dybala11:
Thanks Kayo80 for another wonderful piece you just concluded, looking forward to more of your masterpiece.

Thanks.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Dybala11(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
kayo80:

Thanks.

You're welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by DanielAlhassan(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
I enjoyed your story
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Odoogu(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Yeah,
Made a lot of sense. kudos wink

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Landoffreedom: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2021
My sincere apologies for posting this in your thread. I need help with selecting 2 winners from a giveaway that I have going on here. I want unbiased and neutral voters to help me go through the plans each of these contestants (four of them) have on how they will utilize the fund. The best 2 plans will win the prize money of 50k each.

I created a thread for it here, I will appreciate all the vote I can get to select the eventual winners:

https://www.nairaland.com/6894416/should-win-50k-business-intervention#108478073
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 12:42am On Dec 14, 2021
Another interesting piece by kayo80, kudos boss….

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by jaiyeoriestyle: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CocRP5CtMf8

Linda Shodeinde - family beach hangout + construction site �️�
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2021
What's up guys... I have a short story I am currently working on. I don't know when I will be done, but know that when I'm ready to post, I will post it all in 2-3 days. It will have very very short chapters.

You can read this my story below (if you haven't already done so) to get an idea of the structure in which my upcoming story would be in.

https://www.nairaland.com/4044960/underlying-love-romance-novelette-kayode

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kutunban: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2021
I enjoyed reading your piece, looking forward to reading more. Someone like me wouldn't have obliged to any hangout involving Joy and my friend.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by AryEmber(f): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2021
What this story is telling me is that beta men are stupid. Imagine, Olorun maje!
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2021
AryEmber:
What this story is telling me is that beta men are stupid. Imagine, Olorun maje!

Everything in life is not in black and white...Apart from being a beta man, this particular guy has issues with relating with people generally.

Like the quote below, there are many parts of the story (especially in the beginning) where the main character let it be known he has his own issues with interpersonal relationships.

"I was never good with one on one interaction with people, in fact, I dreaded it." (Third paragraph, chapter one).

That you find the guy stupid doesn't mean all beta guys are stupid...the story doesn't suggest all beta guys are stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by AryEmber(f): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
kayo80:

Everything in life is not in black and white...Apart from being a beta man, this particular guy has issues with relating with people generally.

Like the quote below, there are many parts of the story (especially in the beginning) where the main character let it be known he has his own issues with interpersonal relationships.

"I was never good with one on one interaction with people, in fact, I dreaded it." (Third paragraph, chapter one).

That you find the guy stupid doesn't mean all beta guys are stupid...the story doesn't suggest all beta guys are stupid.
Interpersonal relationship problem you say! Maybe I do not know what that means ni cause I don't get how that relates with him wanting a girl who has continued to show she's a slut and a slut that doesn't want to share her goodies with him. The annoying part? He would actually leave Princess for her if she asks it, urgghh! Gimme a break.
That had truly better not be how beta men behave
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2021
Maybe being a beta man is the name for it but I have found this trait (the need for acceptance and seeking validation) in mostly recluse and to an extent introverts ( I am saying this as I have lived with it at a point). This your story is highly relatable because He has a believe that being good will attract goodness (while not totally false, it doesn't always happen like that). Thanks Kay for this piece. It brought many memories and compliments of the season to you and yours.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2021
enirock:
Maybe being a beta man is the name for it but I have found this trait (the need for acceptance and seeking validation) in mostly recluse and to an extent introverts ( I am saying this as I have lived with it at a point). This your story is highly relatable because He has a believe that being good will attract goodness (while not totally false, it doesn't always happen like that). Thanks Kay for this piece. It brought many memories and compliments of the season to you and yours.

Thanks for this. As I started this story, I had the sole aim to write something I know some people will really relate to, and not just normal fiction/fantasy. At a certain point, I didn't want to put out the story, but someone in my real life read the rough draft, related to the story and urged me to continue and put it out.

From some comments above, they feel the character is stupid, but I know there are a lot of real life people that have been through similar circumstances and can fully relate with the main character.

Once again, thanks for your comment. I really appreciate it.

Compliments of the season to you too.

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2021
For me the character above was/is not stupid rather it's his path to growth. Many of us knew things because we were taught and many of us learnt through experience. No one way is better that the other. Just that in one you do not get to feel the pain of feeling left out or seeing your efforts unreciprocated. Just like the character above, for those who are introverts, unreciprocated feelings hurts and scars them and when/if they feel the other person will either give green light, they will persist in their efforts to be good but most times, they end up being strung along. Thanks Kay.

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
enirock:
For me the character above was/is not stupid rather it's his path to growth. Many of us knew things because we were taught and many of us learnt through experience. No one way is better that the other. Just that in one you do not get to feel the pain of feeling left out or seeing your efforts unreciprocated. Just like the character above, for those who are introverts, unreciprocated feelings hurts and scars them and when/if they feel the other person will either give green light, they will persist in their efforts to be good but most times, they end up being strung along. Thanks Kay.

Great explanation.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Herbiedeen(m): 12:38am On Dec 31, 2021
Just exactly what i'm going through right now...reason why i won't blame him...but then i think the major reason why he ended up in that web is his low self-esteem...now don't ask me how

shout out to the beta males out there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
Herbiedeen:
Just exactly what i'm going through right now...reason why i won't blame him...but then i think the major reason why he ended up in that web is his low self-esteem...now don't ask me how

shout out to the beta males out there

Thanks for the addition/comment. Yeah, he also had low self esteem.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Herbiedeen(m): 12:06am On Jan 01, 2022
kayo80:

Thanks for the addition/comment. Yeah, he also had low self esteem.
yea, but then i think he isn't lily livered like you described him cos of some points i gathered...
-lily livered guys hardly do hookups, infact 90% of them are virgins for the better parts of their 20's.
-they tend to have soft spot for most of the females they get involved with(not majority tho).
-majority of them don't get involved with a lotta females.....

that's why i said he's just a beta guy with low self-esteem..

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:02am On Jan 01, 2022
Okay
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Dybala11(m): 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
Herbiedeen:
yea, but then i think he isn't lily livered like you described him cos of some points i gathered...
-lily livered guys hardly do hookups, infact 90% of them are virgins for the better parts of their 20's.
-they tend to have soft spot for most of the females they get involved with(not majority tho).
-majority of them don't get involved with a lotta females.....

that's why i said he's just a beta guy with low self-esteem..
Very true.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by carloz685(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
kayo80:
Okay
It's been a long while, and finally I've gotten to the end of this. I will try and catch up to the rest. Kudos to you, and your amazing stories that captivates my mind. Respect to your own, cause it is filled with mind-blowing imagination.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Nanny's Daughter/ Too Young to Love / Lucifer's Key (book Two) / Collins Oscar Shares His Wedding Photos, Responds To Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.