Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? (11364 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by xangerar: 9:11am On Nov 07, 2021
Even the day of physical birth are in some cases unknown.

There are circumstances even the day of death may not be certain. The body is discovered after sometime and no one can say exactly what date death actually happened.

Any date could be unrecorded.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:13am On Nov 07, 2021
@cutecommend

Very possible

If you understand what it means to be saved, you'll understand it's possible.

People do certain things in ignorance and when they realise, they can't remember the first time it happens

What does it mean to be saved? John 3:16, Romans 10:9

So, an individual could have believed, yet keeps going for altar call.

Remember you're only saved once

Meanwhile for some people, when they're saved, they have a certain encounter, a tangible change in their life that they can reference. But for some, it doesn't happen.
That doesn't diminish the work of Christ.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Unibener: 9:18am On Nov 07, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

To be born again is not an easy task. I have been born again several times and i know i will still give my life to christ in the future then fall back to sin. Not that i am proud of this lifestyle but i find it so hard to resist the urge to gobble dicck anytime i saw it dangling in my spec body.

Truth be said, nobody is truly a genuine born again, even seasoned men of God are not.

I once saw a man that has erection inside church at just staring at my cleavage. It was so surprising and heartbreaking to see a man uselessly and helplessly having erection inside the church.

My friend once told me how she was wet inside church because she sat close to one hansome guy like that who was her spec and she started having fantasy of the guy holding her and making love to her before she knew what was happening she was raining down there.

My God have mercy on my soul.

Being Born Again does not mean u would not commit sin.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:
Many people know the actually date they were born again. But for someone who don't know the actual date, but can remember the encounter, should we put such people aside?. Knowing the actual date of ones salvation is not a compulsory proof of salvation but it's essential . If I may ask? Those very uneducated people who got born again in the villages those early days, do they remember dates? or do they even know about dates? Someone may know the period he or she got born again, or may know the encounters and scenarios, but may not know the actual date. A proof of salvation is a change of life in which others can see the crystal clear evidence of Christ's nature in you....

If you are very sure you are saved, and can remember the year, month, scenarios and encounter, but cannot remember the actual date, don't think you are not saved if someone says you must compulsorily know the actual date.

Knowing the actual date of salvation is a very good job thing. It is good for references and accountability of ones progress in faith. But it is not a compulsory proof of salvation. The only compulsory proof of salvation is a clear change of ways; not doing the sinful things you did before; all by the enabling power of Jesus Christ in you after accepting Him.

Happy Sunday.

If u have d joy of salvation, u will know when u get that joy of salvation.

Why knowing when u get saved is important is bcuz salvation is the most important thing in a believer's life. This is d reason Jesus Christ came to die for.

If u can keep ur birthday nd is important to u, then u have no excuse to forget d day nd time of ur salvation.

If u don't remember nd not certain about it, then u can go back nd say d prayer of salvation again. This is no excuse for not be sure, do the prayer of salvation again nd keep d joy of salvation.

David said restore to me the joy of my salvation. Therefore if d joy of salvation isn't there in u, then ur salvation isn't sure.

Go back nd say d prayer of salvation nd keep d date. Let it be important to u just as ur birthday.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Titilope1914: 9:24am On Nov 07, 2021
The Koko is that they became born again abi
Ayewada�
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Bigpapi: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You're so right!

God is not seeking men that keep such dates, but those who keep His Word and were willing to give Him their all so He could make them to become all that He desires for them to be.

Thanks and God bless.

Lol
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Stupid question...

Being born again doesn't mean you should be foolish to the extend of not knowing your birthday.

I commented based on the topic...
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by JADEK04: 9:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Holiness is not some kind of antiseptic state. It's not rigidity or a robot mentality where you try to humanly perfect. There's no such thing as human perfection.

All humans are imperfect, but that's not what God is looking at. God is looking at your heart, at your soul, at your mind. God is looking in the very depths of your being as to what is the desire of your heart, what is the bent of your life, what is the direction you are taking.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2021
mariovito:
that other dob is on their other passport, the passport to heaven.

It could also be hell....... grin
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Very possible. I do not remember the date I got born-again but I'm sure what's important is that I am and that I have a real relationship with Him.
I strongly doubt the date is important to Him.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by femi4: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:
Many people know the actually date they were born again. But for someone who don't know the actual date, but can remember the encounter, should we put such people aside?. Knowing the actual date of ones salvation is not a compulsory proof of salvation but it's essential . If I may ask? Those very uneducated people who got born again in the villages those early days, do they remember dates? or do they even know about dates? Someone may know the period he or she got born again, or may know the encounters and scenarios, but may not know the actual date. A proof of salvation is a change of life in which others can see the crystal clear evidence of Christ's nature in you....

If you are very sure you are saved, and can remember the year, month, scenarios and encounter, but cannot remember the actual date, don't think you are not saved if someone says you must compulsorily know the actual date.

Knowing the actual date of salvation is a very good job thing. It is good for references and accountability of ones progress in faith. But it is not a compulsory proof of salvation. The only compulsory proof of salvation is a clear change of ways; not doing the sinful things you did before; all by the enabling power of Jesus Christ in you after accepting Him.

Happy Sunday.
The date is not as important as the act. Even Nicodemus didn't know the date he met with Jesus
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2021
I can't really remember the exact date but I still remember the year. It was in the year 2000

I was a Catholic member. So I visited my current denomination on invitation and an altar call was made. I stepped forward and that was it!
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Jsaviour(f): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2021
Religion will kill Nigerians. Most Nigerians are just religious brainless goats only few understand spirituality.

One told me the other day that COVID-19 can't kill a poor man because God gives special protection to poor people. Most have been taught that poverty is synonymous to heaven-bound. Who taught them these deception/lies?

What has date got to do with born again?
Many of these people claiming born again are very far from knowing God and connecting with him.

My neighbor that claims to be a pastor lies like kilode and very wicked heart.

This fake pretence/hypocrisy doesn't move us again
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by babadee1(m): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:

Happy Sunday.

I don't think anyone anywhere has ever said you must know the actual date. Such a thing is not realistic.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

To be born again is not an easy task. I have been born again several times and i know i will still give my life to christ in the future then fall back to sin. Not that i am proud of this lifestyle but i find it so hard to resist the urge to gobble dicck anytime i saw it dangling in my spec body.

Truth be said, nobody is truly a genuine born again, even seasoned men of God are not.

I once saw a man that has erection inside church at just staring at my cleavage. It was so surprising and heartbreaking to see a man uselessly and helplessly having erection inside the church.

My friend once told me how she was wet inside church because she sat close to one hansome guy like that who was her spec and she started having fantasy of the guy holding her and making love to her before she knew what was happening she was raining down there.

LMFAO!

I like when people admit their vulnerabilities instead of forming holy holy meanwhile na them do pass.

Ride on MadamVanessa! Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by blowjohn(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2021
Omicron007:
Some people will go as far as telling you they have two birthdays, one is physical and the other spiritual.

U have not answered the question
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by blowjohn(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Impossible. You can never be born again by mistake or unknowingly.

U have not answered the question
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by whirlout: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2021
And who gives a Bleep..there more going on in the land than all this useless topics. Religion is the one of the main thing setting Nigeria back. Take spirituality over religion and u won’t have to worry over all these garbage.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by sugarbeesmith(m): 10:53am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:

Happy Sunday.
it not about the date but about your daily conviction in Christ through your doing and confession

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Toscoas2(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2021
Is it the date that matters or his soul being saved?
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2021
do you all know what is born again undecided
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:

Happy Sunday.

Contrary to the popular opinion that everyone knows the day he or she was born, that is a big lie.

No one knows the day he or she was born. All of us were told and we believe those who told us.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Slavishbenin: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO!

I like when people admit their vulnerabilities instead of forming holy holy meanwhile na them do pass.

Ride on MadamVanessa! Bwahahahahaha!
That's a guy, use your head
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Reference(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2021
In a way dates are important because the very nature of God is atuned to such details. We are asked to commemorate certain dates when specific Godly interventions took place as marks of remembrance and thanksgiving. Such that if some event at which an important gift was given, it is important that the date is marked and recalled from time to time to honour the giver.

Having said that the value of the gift can be regarded as more important than the date it was given, so it matters more what salvation and new birth means to the recepient and the greater the value accorded, the better placed will the recipient be to remember and perhaps record.

I am generally not good with calendar dates but I can clearly remember the day I gave my life to Christ, the event and the ministration that led to it. That I'm cannot forget for the rest of my life. True, genuine conviction unto new birth is a once in a lifetime experience that simply cannot be forgotten.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by LordReed(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2021
Slavishbenin:

That's a guy, use your head

So what?
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by fof1: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:

Happy Sunday.

YES...It is very Possible if he didn't Keep d Records at d Beginning CONSISTENTLY, Pls.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by brainhgeek(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
What had date got to do with being born again. It's ok if you remember but it's unimportant. The conviction in your heart is the key.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 12:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
AntiChristian:
Even Jesus was not born again!

These Christians sha!

They are bunch of clowns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Obakoolex(m): 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I once saw a man that had erection inside church at just staring at my cleavage. It was so surprising and heartbreaking to see a man uselessly and helplessly having erection inside the church.

Chai Vanessa tongue
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Nephilim: 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
My salvation is up to Jesus
My accepting the salvation is up to me
Whether you believe I'm saved or not is up to you!

Happy Sunday Friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learn How The 16 Odu Ifa Warn You For Free Without Consulting Babalawo / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.