Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development (34600 Views)

FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT / Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper / Lagos, Rivers Begin VAT Collection, FG, North Disagree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by LegendHero(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
This man no get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Iamgrey5(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Blackfire:

You thought Benin empire is like your mushroom � empires

Like you said this is about vat, the FG should continue collecting the tax

North2023
Yes, it's actually a Six local government empire these days.

And how does Benin mushroom empire supports your argument for Fg to continue collecting VAT?

6 Likes

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Enugupikin:
There is some sense in what he is saying ,Lagos can't stand alone without the rest of Nigeria. Those corporate headquarters too and the ports and all that stems from the Nigerian people

What truth? Lagos was left for dead before Tinubu took over in 1999. I am a Lagosian.

The FG abandonded Lagos and left the State to her fate in the rush to move everything to the North, via Abuja, same way Nigeria myopically abandoned cocoa etal once oil was discovered.

It was the administrative brilliance of Tinubu that rescued Lagos and made her what she is today.

That is why Western administrators, the true arbiters of African leadedship, always visit and spend time with Tinubu while shunning other leaders in Nigeria.

They respect him massively for what he has achieved even if we enjoy lying to ourselves in Nigeria and fail to give credit where due because of ethno-religious bias against others.

Even before they arrive Lagos they have already read one of the many case studies in their home nation about the exemplary transformation of Lagos under BAT.

You people should fear God when you tell these lies about Lagos thriving because she is a former capital.

Same Lagos that was filth and crime-ridden before BAT took over? Same Lagos that had no sanity and was a glorified jungle pre-1999?

The worst lies are those we tell ourselves.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Blackfire(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
OneTemplate:

I don't waste time discussing with olodos. I only mock them. Now go and graze some cattle and get lost.

Two cows from my cattle can feed you for a whole year

Barawo
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by KillIgbohoN0W: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Lagos belongs to Fulani cheesy
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by JAWBONE(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
Gov. Masari, I understand how pained you are over this VAT issue but please stop this capping.

1 Like

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Blue3k(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
In the words of Jay Z if you really out me on put yourself on then.
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by irodam3: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
seriously
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by MuchAdo: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
[s]
Blackfire:
First of all lagos is no man's land
By tradition and historical facts it belongs to the Benin ogiso dynasty ,not yorubas

Secondly, lagos is made up of all Nigerians including all that is inside

Thirdly all this noise about state collecting Vat is a ploy to a southern sinister...well let me tell you the status quo remain

Incase you don't know ...North2023
[/s]

Olodo! The governor of Lagos is from where

By 2023, the center will no longer be attractive... tongue

7 Likes

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by obawinner(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
What is the economic purchasing power of 70% of the population this man is talking about?

1 Like

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Freezby2020: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
teeshet:

https://gazettengr.com/northern-states-responsible-for-lagos-rivers-economic-development-masari/

This is a bunch of trash from a very lazy brain, during election or population census the Northern States comes up all kinds of bogus figures, translate those figures to tax, it becomes serious problem. The reasons for this is very obvious those population number never existed in the first place.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by aikyg(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
That may not be entirely true, but there's a lot truth to it.
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Verysmart101: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
austinvsb:

What does Lagos need that it cannot get within itself or within the Southwest? Tell me just one thing..

Lagos can survive alone or at most with the rest of the 5 South western states and that's facts.

Can it survive without ndiigbo? These benin republic port are being patronised majorly by ndiigbo.85% of goods imported into Nigeria through tincan and apapa warf are ndiigbo.75% of building structures in Lagos are owned by ndiigbo which ndiigbo provides majority of land use charge for Lagos.And the list goes on.Lagos cannot survive without ndiigbo take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by ipobarethieves: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
sad Confused kettles carrier pipu.If not Hawusa developed Lagos E go be those ipob
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by omoadeleye(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Enugupikin:
There is some sense in what he is saying ,Lagos can't stand alone without the rest of Nigeria. Those corporate headquarters too and the ports and all that stems from the Nigerian people

Lagos is providing the services and other states that need the services must pay for those services.

2 Likes

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Bollinga: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Op you are an idiot for that misleading headline. He said other states. He never mentioned North. Your left yanch op
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by In2systemsTech(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
I thought Developers did it?
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by chiedonedoor(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Too talk about this VAT issue, states should make there place conductive for investment, all state will be fine. May be hard at first but will be okay, time to think outside the box. Christ is coming straight, repent to avoid hell
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Darkblood: 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Read the part where he ignored alcoholic beverages
Lol
He is a stupid man
Enugupikin:
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Newton85: 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Blackfire:

Educated illiterate
Because Egypt of today is rule by arabs from the desert does that means it wasn't owned by blacks

Or Because the native Americans now live in conservation and the immigrants now becoming mayor,presidents does that make NA not the owner of there lands

Historically Benin names are still irremovable...like idumota, EKo,IDUMAGO , obanikoro and so on, I hope you know that oba rilwane akiolu has benin ancestry

You can just come from ogbomoso to claim lagos

Incase you don't know...North2023
Dear genius, what's the meaning of Idumota, Idumagbo, and Obanikoro in Benin language? Please, I want to learn from you.

5 Likes

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by diplomat058(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
Blackfire:

Educated illiterate
Because Egypt of today is rule by arabs from the desert does that means it wasn't owned by blacks

Or Because the native Americans now live in conservation and the immigrants now becoming mayor,presidents does that make NA not the owner of there lands

Historically Benin names are still irremovable...like idumota, EKo,IDUMAGO , obanikoro and so on, I hope you know that oba rilwane akiolu has benin ancestry

You can just come from ogbomoso to claim lagos

Incase you don't know...North2023
lol. Your type will cry blood and Lagos will forever belong to us, the Yorùbá and out unborn generation. For fools who always cast aspersions on our nativity to Lagos, they will always be in agony as we continue to populate and rule the affairs of our Land.

And yes, Lagos is indigenous owned by the Aworis of Island, Ijebus of Epe, Ẹgba of Ikorodu, and so on. It is also the Commonwealth of the Larger Yorùbá Nation, so a Yorùbá from Ogbomosho has rights to it.

Now, cry harder; I say, harder!!! grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by FAdmob20002: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
Okay

Look up Google Admob today

It's real and very legit

Earn monthly payouts off ads

Check sig for contact details and more informations
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by frog12: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
partly RIGHT and part JOKE !!!
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by eedimo(m): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
inoki247:

So what you're saying if people in USA accept immigrants and dey prosper are u telling me USA should start sending there gain home...

shey na USA say mak u no get conducive environment for business or mak u no create ur own port...
A Wiseman comment observed

1 Like

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Blackfire:

Two cows from my cattle can feed you for a whole year

Barawo

Illiterate you think everyone is like you and addicted to cow meat? I haven't touched Cow meat for many months.

If most Nigerians are as flexible as I am, towards choice of livestock, then you Northerners go hear am. Hunger will finish you lot. Even you will be on my street with your begging bowl. Mumu.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Jonah507(m): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tell Oga masari to explain abeg!

How Dem take dey responsible for the development of Lagos or any part of Nigeria?

The north has always been the beneficiary of the association called Nigeria! Even when they contribute nothing but Boko Haram and other social vices in the country.

Masari wake up!
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Northerners will never cease to baffle me with their stupidity. Just when you think you’ve seen it all they shock you again and again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by excel101(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
Enugupikin:
If its that easy let every other states come together to build Katsina or any Northern State just as Eko. e easy? Gov. Masari the parasitic era is over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by wetmenow: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
One of the Badits
Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by gigabyte13: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
And diswan too is an elected governor...
He didnt speek on beer destruction, l read that part.

You destroy beer joints in your states and collect share of their taxes from other states... Which kind double standard life be that.

Even if you provide a million buses, to return to katsina, dem no go move one leg, make una gather keeee them finally abi...?

Businesses only survived in conducive environment. Make una continue the killing , dey hope say, una go benefits from others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development by gazza07(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
North and hypocrisy.... Tueh!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy / Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) / Pictures From Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.