Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria (26431 Views)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by MrGistGuy(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
I know it is just a new week.... But I have no ran out of options.... I never chop breakfast, hunger is killing me here..... I plead with the good people of nairaland....come to my aide....

Nothing is too small

Uba 2127547634....

Thanks
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Pharaohny: 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Useless news
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Ochelyko1: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
Biodun556:

https://www.arise.tv/second-batch-of-a-29-super-tucano-fighter-jets-departs-us-for-nigeria/

Very soon the real reason for buying this jets will be revealed, and is not to fight insurgency or bandit's.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by specialmati(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

Great job President Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

We can see the results of good money spent... unlike corrupt, terrorist PDP that looted the destiny of Nigeria.

It is only IPOB TALIBAN that will remain in that useless party by 2023.
embarassed embarassed you lack wisdom seek one what is the difference between the two asshole parties.terrorist PDP with the kind of money borrowed and spent by this APC .nothing to show we are progressing rather things are getting worst.ist that you are evil or that you love evil to support the current asshole party.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Dgr8hassiE(m): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
shegzhkn:
Lol.

What happened to products of Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing & Raytheon.

Poor fuckers.
Dat wan dey expensive.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Ikea81: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
See plane like wetin them take first world war 1. Catapult no dey drop this one so?
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Babathanks(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
peppermint7:
Iswap and Boko boys waiting for the planes to land
Please I beg you in the name of God, please don't use our priest as sticker again in your life because if you do that again God would punish u. Because we Catholic are tolerant doesn't mean that you guys should me demeriting our priest and we both vividly know that you can try that with the Muslims
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by shegzhkn: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
Dgr8hassiE:

Dat wan dey expensive.

I know l, but Nigeria likes to portray itself like a country that has it all figure out in that aspect.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by marvin906(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
thundafire:
Funny part is the US don't use such but use high tech jets. Nigeria just unfortunate with useless leaders. By the time Nigeria go buy current US jets it will be in 100 years by that time they have more advance jets

Clap for your stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Kingpin1000: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

We can see the results of good money spent... unlike corrupt, terrorist PDP that looted the destiny of Nigeria.

Look at the rubbish they are buying at inflated price and you are hear cheering them... are you a paid agent or an aboki or maybe you no get sense?
Na question I ask
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by naza4life: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Scrap metal
Useless government grin

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

you have made no point Mr masses. There is no good thing done by this administration under your lifeless president. We haven't seen the jet yet, so I don't believe audio news and ranting. PDP is bad, yes I know, but Apc is dead
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Dshocker(m): 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Out dated war plane

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by israel90: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

I just believe u didn’t digest the write up over above because if u do u will understand how useless the jet is
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by 24brains(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
And nigeria never fit produce common tooth pick to sell to other contries?
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by generalwo(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
I don't even know where to start from.... Countries are acquiring stealth fighters and strategic bombers, Nigerian military is putting super tucano on the news...... Recently, Australia signed a deal to acquire nuclear powered submarines, Nigeria is celebrating super tucano? So we can't defend ourselves if an advanced country decides to wage war against us? So it will be total annihilation if a country like Russia decides to trample on Nigeria? Because I don't see how a super tucano plane can withstand even the power of a MQ9 REAPER drone armed with hell fire missiles talkeless of a plane like the f35 or the b29...... Who do this country like this na? What will these planes do against modern fighter jets or is the Nigerian military buying these weapons JUST to fight bandits and herdsmen alone? If there is need to defend ourselves against external threats, is this what we will use? Tucano planes? Oh God.... Why did you allow my country to sink this deep? Even as bad as Pakistan and Afghanistan and even Iran and Iraq, Nigeria can't stand them in a full blown war....... So what are we called a country for? Only to kill unarmed civilians and loot billions of naira meant for the development of the masses..... Damn!
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by RiceProducers: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tissaia:
Getting ready to Bomb the shitout of IPOB terrorists...... 67/70.. will be a child's play..
It will never be used against IPOB.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Evidenx(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Aircrafts bought to carry out their lslamization agenda. We know and we are watching you all.
Disaster will fall on you all.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by RiceProducers: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
generalwo:
I don't even know where to start from.... Countries are acquiring stealth fighters and strategic bombers, Nigerian military is putting super tucano on the news...... Recently, Australia signed a deal to acquire nuclear powered submarines, Nigeria is celebrating super tucano? So we can't defend ourselves if an advanced country decides to wage war against us? So it will be total annihilation if a country like Russia decides to trample on Nigeria? Because I don't see how a super tucano plane can withstand even the power of a MQ9 REAPER drone armed with hell fire missiles talkeless of a plane like the f35 or the b29...... Who do this country like this na? What will these planes do against modern fighter jets or is the Nigerian military buying these weapons JUST to fight bandits and herdsmen alone? If there is need to defend ourselves against external threats, is this what we will use? Tucano planes? Oh God.... Why did you allow my country to sink this deep? Even as bad as Pakistan and Afghanistan and even Iran and Iraq, Nigeria can't stand them in a full blown war....... So what are we called a country for? Only to kill unarmed civilians and loot billions of naira meant for the development of the masses..... Damn!

You have started with this ignorant nonsense. Every redundant point you made here has been made and debunked.

Nigeria is also buying air superiority aircraft for external defence. Stop throwing about aircraft names like a rank amateur.

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Jerryherd: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
The major problem is Buhari's political will to use this weapons when needed and not be sentimental due to ethnicity
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tissaia:
Getting ready to Bomb the shitout of IPOB terrorists...... 67/70.. will be a child's play..
you sound practically dumb.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
shegzhkn:
Lol.

What happened to products of Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing & Raytheon.

Poor fuckers.

Well, if they have got something in the range of a TUCANO...the best COIN aircraft in the world...I guess we should buy itg too

The A-29 Super Tucano is a durable, versatile, two seat, 5.2 ton, single engine turbo prop best suited for COIN (Counter Insurgency) operations. It is manufactured in the U.S. by Sierra Nevada Corporation and its partner, Embraer Defense & Security

The A-29 Super Tucano is the most reliable and cost-effective solution for basic and advanced flight and combat training, close air support operations, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), armed over-watch, counterinsurgency and irregular warfare scenarios. Its armament consists of twin 12.7mm (.50 calibre) machine guns and nearly two tons of guided bombs and rockets. ECM (Electronic Counter Measure) equipment is available for defence against ground-to-air, or air-to-air, missiles.

sauce

Plus it was within our budget. To buy something out of our budget involves a loan, which we won't get for war related stuff.,
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by AllahThePig: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Who uses propeller planes in the age of nuclear powered jet engines?

And not only that, spending nearly a billion dollars on an outdated technology?

But I trust the dullards followers to drink his urine like champagne and eat his poo as if it is caviar.

I guess if a man is determined to be a fool, there's nothing anyone else can do to save him from himself.

blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by igbowoman: 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
My fear is that it will be handed over to ISWAP and the other Muslim killers
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by juniorstar(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
I kinda prefer those f series jet..these ones look outdated

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Jonah507(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
Boko Haram and Bandits are running out of weapon, hence, the decision to get this achaic fighter jets for them.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by olugabbie(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
shegzhkn:
Lol.

Poor fuckers.

The F-16, F-15 eagle, F-18 super hornet, F-35 & F-22 can not be used to fight insurgency effectively. These are supersonic jets. They consume a lots of fuel. They are also equipped with very expensive arms & amunitions. F-16 for example can only stay in the air for two hours. The above jets are designed to fight a major war and not guerilla warfare. The Tucano fighter jet was designed specifically to fight insurgency in Afghanistan.

We have something similar to F-16 in our inventory (JF-17). The JF-17 is a supersonic fighter jet. It is 4 generation fighter jet. It is a air superiority fighter jet (air to air combat capability), an information centre (reconnaissance mission), air to ground & air to naval capability. But we only have three, which i feel is a shame.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by tradepunter: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
thundafire:
Funny part is the US don't use such but use high tech jets. Nigeria just unfortunate with useless leaders. By the time Nigeria go buy current US jets it will be in 100 years by that time they have more advance jets

The bad news is no nation will sell you even the mid range advanced jets.

The pakistan that gave Nigeria some jets, gave them jets the Chinese had phased out from their fleet.

If you can't develop yours then you are on your own. They can only make money outta you by giving what you think is the best solution to your problem.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Jonah507(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
juniorstar:
I kinda prefer those f series jet..these ones look outdated

Very much outdated bro!

US won't even use this for training in this 21st century.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by skybeauty(f): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
They bought it for ISWAP
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Hangulsaram: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

Look at how stupid you sound, so you feel that a Nigeria without opposition party is healthy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Naira Redesign Doesn't Make Any Political Or Economic Sense (Video) / Senate Presidency Campaign Disrupts National Assembly Proceedings / Osinbajo Commissions The Construction Of Bonny-Bodo Road In Rivers State (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.