Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,697 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria (26432 Views)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Temigrey112(f): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
AlphaAlex:
See the rubbish they are celebrating. Outdated rubbish. If not for Stupidity and greed we would have been manufacturing our own jets. But northern backwardness will not allow it .
Its why we need to leave these fools alone. Let us divide and compete with the western world. Northeners will never adopt progress and will keep dragging us back because they are leaches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by nedekid: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
This kind long journey to reach Nigeria, hope the engine wount need ringing.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by highness25(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Biodun556:

https://www.arise.tv/second-batch-of-a-29-super-tucano-fighter-jets-departs-us-for-nigeria/
Dem de bring this one for their boys na. Na Taliban go soon happen for this country
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by highness25(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
Biodun556:

https://www.arise.tv/second-batch-of-a-29-super-tucano-fighter-jets-departs-us-for-nigeria/
Dem de bring this one for their boys na. Na Taliban go soon happen for this country. My own na make God bless me with money so that I fit run go another country
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by ExtraVioment: 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
Low hanging fruit, easy to pluck.

Make e be say na for against Niger or Chad, because if na for against igbos, make I no too talk.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by God1000(m): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
shegzhkn:
Lol.

What happened to products of Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing & Raytheon.

Poor fuckers.
America don't sell those ones you mentioned to any country
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Franking: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
To be used against civilians and innocent people, abi?
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by tujays(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
soul2:
These ones should be kept in the south, the other ones were kept in the north. If war start for Nigeria, na them go get hold of it.
yeye fowl grin. e shock you abi? South need to order for their own as e be say dem be country on their own different from the North. foolish southerners. grin
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Congratulations Nigeria

Great job President Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

We can see the results of good money spent... unlike corrupt, terrorist PDP that looted the destiny of Nigeria.

It is only IPOB TALIBAN that will remain in that useless party by 2023.

I suppose insult you but I won't
But normally, your stupidity is second to non
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by generalwo(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
RiceProducers:

You have started with this ignorant nonsense. Every redundant point you made here has been made and debunked.

Nigeria is also buying air superiority aircraft for external defence. Stop throwing about aircraft names like a rank amateur.
...... You sound like an idiot and I won't be surprised if you're one in reality.... I have attached the images of 3 fighter jets.... One of them is your super tucano A29..... One is sukhoi su-30 operated by the Russians and the last one is USA F-35.......now if you are sensible, do your research and tell me how you can defend yourself with super tucano 29 against the likes of f35 and sukhoi........ Even with your air superiority you're bragging about, bandits still slaughter your soldiers like meat everyday..... As bad and undeveloped as Iran and Iraq, they will overrun the Nigerian military in an out war with their air power...... No be only air superiority..... Na ground almighty.... Na this mediocrity and backward thinking of Nigerians like u go make Nigeria no ever move forward...... Plane wen small countries take dey train pilot na im you Wan take claim superiority.... Odeh

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by generalwo(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
RiceProducers:

You have started with this ignorant nonsense. Every redundant point you made here has been made and debunked.

Nigeria is also buying air superiority aircraft for external defence. Stop throwing about aircraft names like a rank amateur.
.... Na people like you go get light for 48hrs u go dey shout up and down say Nigeria na heaven where as for your neighboring countries, them dey get light 365 days a year..... As far as u dey see small things as big and u dey celebrate normal things as achievement, you won't move forward...... No be me talk am.... Na so e be...... Even south Africa, Nigeria can't defend itself against them with super tucano talkless of other countries in the world..... Ewu
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by shegzhkn: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
God1000:

America don't sell those ones you mentioned to any country

Lol, if you've got money even with egregious human right record you are getting those babies.

There are some exceptions though.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by JaskanFactor: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
Our colonial masters are giving us manned 1940's propeller aircraft , in the age supersonic stealth Drone fighters.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by jumpmasta(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tissaia:
Getting ready to Bomb the shitout of IPOB terrorists...... 67/70.. will be a child's play..

You are a pathetic excuse of a woman .
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by shegzhkn: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
generalwo:
...... You sound like an idiot and I won't be surprised if you're one in reality.... I have attached the images of 3 fighter jets.... One of them is your super tucano A29..... One is sukhoi su-30 operated by the Russians and the last one is USA F-35.......now if you are sensible, do your research and tell me how you can defend yourself with super tucano 29 against the likes of f35 and sukhoi........ Even with your air superiority you're bragging about, bandits still slaughter your soldiers like meat everyday..... As bad and undeveloped as Iran and Iraq, they will overrun the Nigerian military in an out war with their air power...... No be only air superiority..... Na ground almighty.... Na this mediocrity and backward thinking of Nigerians like u go make Nigeria no ever move forward...... Plane wen small countries take dey train pilot na im you Wan take claim superiority.... Odeh

Iran is not underdeveloped sire, she's just not in the league of US and her allies but they are self reliant.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by marvin906(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
peppermint7:

Oga no de talk nonsense
Nigeria de buy scrap

Yeah
Now I know am talking to a dunce
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by generalwo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
shegzhkn:

Iran is not underdeveloped sire, she just can stand folks like the west and her allies.
.... Well, given the civil unrest in the country and the poverty level in the country, I won't say it's a developed nation
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Cognitivereason: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
There is no such thing as a nuclear powered plane not to talk of a fighter aircraft..
The a 29 meets the demands if counter insurgency.... That is what was built for..
In COIN operations.. Speed isn't a top priority but the ability to fly at low altitude and accurately identity targets as well as high endurance.. All this can't be done with high and fast flying super sonic jets which are primarily designed for dog fight...

This plane is rated as the best light attack and most advanced COIN plane operate at any terrain.. U are not wiser than the US official who rated it with their benchmarks....

And FYI .the US after Brazil is the largest operator of the tucano
AllahThePig:
Who uses propeller planes in the age of nuclear powered jet engines?

And not only that, spending nearly a billion dollars on an outdated technology?

But I trust the dullards followers to drink his urine like champagne and eat his poo as if it is caviar.

I guess if a man is determined to be a fool, there's nothing anyone else can do to save him from himself.

2 Likes

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by shegzhkn: 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
generalwo:
.... Well, given the civil unrest in the country and the poverty level in the country, I won't say it's a developed nation

Poverty, Lol.

No nation can survive the kind of sanctions US is mounting on Iran, it squeezing life out of their economy and that has trickle down effect. Iran shouldn't have been a 'poor' country but she's got the wrong enemy.

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Cognitivereason: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
U misinterpreted the point of the aircraft...
They are not designed to take on any plane..their primary and only role is ground attack / COIN...which is Nigeria biggest problem... No western country is at war or want to be at war with us ..irrespective of whatever we buy we can never beat the west...so tackling bandits and terrorist is if greater concern and the a 29 fit that role...

If at all we ever come in contact with enemy planes the new jf 17 block 2 4th gen fighter which is currently the 10th most sophisticated plane is up to the task..

Over all the aircraft u posted cost billions of naira per unit..just 3 jf 17 cost Nigeria 60 billion ...I can bet that not enough for 1 f 35..there are other pressing issues the worry about than a non existent fighter with other countries.
generalwo:

2 Likes

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by peppermint7(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
marvin906:

Yeah
Now I know am talking to a dunce
Ogbeni dissolve
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Cognitivereason: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nigeria indeed is investing in drones...but they have their limitations... The most capable drones are in the hands of the US and they don't export them...so we are left with cheap Chinese drones to buy
BuddhaPalm:

1. We can't afford the kind of military aircraft the US uses.

2. They don't sell the F-22 to anyone, for example. And some are only to very close allies.

3. Each country needs what is adequate and appropriate for the types of threats they deal with. This is enough for our situation, we are fighting goat herders in Sambisa.

4. We would have been better off spending a fraction of that money on much cheaper Turkish drones. About $2m apiece, vs the $400+m we spent on just 12 units of these.

Azerbaijan used them recently to show Armenia pepper.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by wiseworld: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
thundafire:
Funny part is the US don't use such but use high tech jets. Nigeria just unfortunate with useless leaders. By the time Nigeria go buy current US jets it will be in 100 years by that time they have more advance jets
Yes my brother. u.s, mean US no more using jet with propeller Old school jet ,these yeye ppl called leader of Nigepria! useless animal beingn.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by AllahThePig: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
What do you mean? Are you saying that there is no military aircraft which operates on jet propulsion which is powered by a nuclear reactor?
[img]https://images./4eFHpi2cRX3xNdc62BrkTv.jpg[/img]

Cognitivereason:
There is no such thing as a nuclear powered plane not to talk of a fighter aircraft..
The a 29 meets the demands if counter insurgency.... That is what was built for..
In COIN operations.. Speed isn't a top priority but the ability to fly at low altitude and accurately identity targets as well as high endurance.. All this can't be done with high and fast flying super sonic jets which are primarily designed for dog fight...

This plane is rated as the best light attack and most advanced COIN plane operate at any terrain.. U are not wiser than the US official who rated it with their benchmarks....

And FYI .the US after Brazil is the largest operator of the tucano
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by pegix(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
Why buy toys from american

While we can get cheaper, better from russians

1970s mig series will still do better than a Tucano....and more heavily loaded
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by iykololo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
Crossroad1:
Mtcheww
What's the essence of buying aircrafts used in killing unarmed civilians which they always tag"mistake"?
grin
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by supereagle(m): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nackdemall:
It normal in every war cool it's called collateral Damage cool

Informative. Thanks.
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by softclickppc(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
In this years edition of future leadership conference, 8 outstanding thought leaders will be blazing our platform.

These individuals are eminent Nigerians with high global acceptability quotient, they are Nigerians you would want to listen to again and again. They are well seasoned professionals whose experiences span the global space and they have distinguished themselves in their respective careers.

Guess who they are?

We like to hear from you at the comment session

Meanwhile register to be part of the future leadership conference 2021 here http://www.futureleadershipconference.com

The seats are filling up fast

#FLC2021
#TransformationalLeadership
#NaijaGoWork
@flconference

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by SeunNotOwner: 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by LikeCool(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
shegzhkn:
Lol.

What happened to products of Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing & Raytheon.

Poor fuckers.

Those jets are quite expensive.
First of all American doesn't sell F22 Raptor to any country, except to close alies.
Second, all other high performing American jet fighters you know, like F35, FA18 hornet, F16, Warthog etc are very very very expensive!

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by samonak(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
arsenal33:
they must complain
Making a suggestion and complaining are 2 different things, be educated please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel / Senate Presidency Campaign Disrupts National Assembly Proceedings / PDP Peace Talks Collapse, Wike, Makinde, Ortom May Meet Tinubu Again In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.