Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

What Is The Proper Way To Build A Successful Law School Resume? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Proper Way To Build A Successful Law School Resume? (142 Views)

Uniben Release Tough Academy Program As School Resume 30th Of January. / BREAKING: UNIOSUN To Get In Trouble If School Resume Lectures On Monday - ASUU / 5 Qualities Of A Successful Law Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Proper Way To Build A Successful Law School Resume? by andrewpaul9005: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Are you looking for information on the Perm Law Profiles? You are in the right place. In this article I will explain what is a Perm Law Profile, where it can be found and what it means to you as an applicant. After reading this article you should know where to go when applying to any U.S. Law School.

When interviewing for a job, there are many things you can do to "set yourself apart". One of those ways is to create a unique profile that differs from the others you may have seen during the hiring process. There is nothing more effective than showing a prospective employer that you have done your homework, researched the job and know your stuff. This personal attention to yourself will show in your interview and help you stand out from other candidates.

Profiles are typically used as a tool to assess applicants. One of the questions they ask is "what personal qualities do you have that the other candidates lack?" You might be thinking to yourself "well I am not much different than the others, I guess". This is true, but the other thing employers want to know is "what do you have that they do not?". Now I will share with you a simple method you can use to answer that question.

The first step is to create your very own online profile. In your profile, include the following: your academic background, your resume, your skills, your interests, etc. Now, that you have this information it is time to do an interview. During the interview you will be asked questions such as: When did you apply and what did you expect to receive. The best way to answer these types of question is to simply say "I applied for a position in the same law school as..." and then provide a link to your personal profile.

Once you have completed this important step you will be asked to upload your resume to the website. Please be sure to have a printable version of your resume. Make sure it is the absolute best version you can create. Also, make sure the resume is not too long, as you do not want to be reading through it while in the interview.

The next step is to upload your photo. This can be a job application photo if it is a position you are applying for and it can be a personal photograph if you choose to upload one. If you would like to upload a photograph, it should be a good one, something that does not require a lot of resolution. Another important thing to keep in mind is to ensure the image is a high quality image. Bad quality photos can throw off the interviewer's ability to understand your profile or qualifications.

Finally, I would recommend that you do an internet search and compile a list of potential interviewers. It is important that you take your time when doing this, reviewing each candidate and their websites. Once you have compiled a list simply review each of them and contact them via email, phone, and/or fax. In a nutshell, follow the same process you did for your profile, updating it with your resume, pictures and information about you law school website.

If you need extra help preparing your interview questions and answers, there are many sources online that can assist you with this. Permitting yourself the time needed to prepare properly will be better informed and more able to demonstrate your skills and qualifications for the position. I highly recommend that you work through the sample question and answers sections of some legal resume services, as this will give you a head start. If at any point during the interview process you are confused, ask an independent professional to assist you.

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Should Never Drink Diet Soda [MUST WATCH VIDEO] / The Misapprehension About NOUN / ACS Approved RPL Samples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.