Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) (4112 Views)

My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Bassey007(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
I'm a Corper presently serving at Anambra state, Idemili South. I want to share my hilarious experience at Nnobi Market with a woman selling banana.

Almost all my life was in Abuja, gwagwalada to be precise.(lol) In Abuja, gwagwalada things are a bit cheaper compare to here in Anambra state.

Here is my hilarious story:

Every Thursday is always our c.d.s, we do go to the local government for the exercise. After coming back I and my friend will alight at this Nnobi Market, which is the biggest market that is close to my place of primary assignment to buy foodstuffs and the rest. There is this woman that sells banana, plantain and groundnut along the road. It was my friend that first told me about this, I decided to go see myself. How much is banana? I asked the woman selling she said is #1,500 Haba mma, sell am for me #800 na.. I begged, before I knew the woman just left me standing there. My friend pinch me signifying we should go. He told me to go home and remove this khaki I'm putting on and come back to price the banana. I did as instructed, priced the same banana that the woman told me #2,000.. Nno, the woman greeted me in Igbo. Ma'am I want buy banana I said in pidgin English. This, she pointed to the previous banana she told me #2,000 as #1,000 I was shocked, me not wanting to just pay at the mentioning of price. I told her that I will pay #800. To cut the long story short. The banana that I was told #2,000 with Corper khaki, I later bought it on muffty #800. If you are Corper, I beg you in the name of God, before going to the market, remove anything that will identify you as a Corper. If not all these market people will use"Corper wee, federal government pikin, take extract the little allawee wey no dey reach one week for your hand.

I also noticed here in Nnobi market, Anambra state here, everybody has their own prices, you can price painter of rice in this shop #2,200 in the next shop is #2,500. Nobody will advise you to go to the place your were told #2,200. If you get permanent customer here, you don enter one chance. Dey go dey bill you steady grin

Okada men here, na big men oo...unlike for Abuja, gwagwalada where I come from . You can negotiate price with okada men. For here in Anambra state, na you go dey beg okada men, every okada man will be like "you carry change for there" upon the big money wey dey bill you.

In summary:

Anambra state will broaden your horizon your business mentality will be activated and resurrected. grin wink

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by overdrive(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Fahdiga(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Even as a Yoruba man I think Anambra state is the best state in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by EasternActivist: 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Subtle funny shade... Buh that's our identity.

Am glad you're learning one or two. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Bassey007(m): 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
My bruh... Presently now I'm looking for where to start food stuff business ( wholesale)....If you don have extra source of income here. Hunger will hugg you. wink wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Those days, na corpers dey get things cheap!

Traders dey call them government pikin!

But now, tinz don change! grin cheesy grin
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by hisgrace090: 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Not far from the truth on ground.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
This was interesting to read.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Bassey007(m): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
Magnoliaa:
This was interesting to read.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Seakay(m): 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even as a Yoruba man I think Anambra state is the best state in Nigeria
grin Werey dey disguise! cheesy
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Crucialgem(m): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
[quote author=Bassey007 post=105979469] I'm a Corper presently serving at Anambra state, Idemili South. I want to share my hilarious experience at Nnobi Market with a woman selling banana.

Almost all my life was in Abuja, gwagwalada to be precise.(lol) In Abuja, gwagwalada things are a bit cheaper compare to here in Anambra state.

Here is my hilarious story:

Every Thursday is always our c.d.s, we do go to the local government for the exercise. After coming back I and my friend will alight at this Nnobi Market, which is the biggest market that is close to my place of primary assignment to buy foodstuffs and the rest. There is this woman that sells banana, plantain and groundnut along the road. It was my friend that first told me about this, I decided to go see myself. How much is banana? I asked the woman selling she said is #1,500 Haba mma, sell am for me #800 na.. I begged, before I knew the woman just left me standing there. My friend pinch me signifying we should go. He told me to go home and remove this khaki I'm putting on and come back to price the banana. I did as instructed, priced the same banana that the woman told me #2,000.. Nno, the woman greeted me in Igbo. Ma'am I want buy banana I said in pidgin English. This, she pointed to the previous banana she told me #2,000 as #1,000 I was shocked, me not wanting to just pay at the mentioning of price. I told her that I will pay #800. To cut the long story short. The banana that I was told #2,000 with Corper khaki, I later bought it on muffty #800. If you are Corper, I beg you in the name of God, before going to the market, remove anything that will identify you as a Corper. If not all these market people will use"Corper wee, federal government pikin, take extract the little allawee wey no dey reach one week for your hand.

I also noticed here in Nnobi market, Anambra state here, everybody has their own prices, you can price painter of rice in this shop #2,200 in the next shop is #2,500. Nobody will advise you to go to the place your were told #2,200. If you get permanent customer here, you don enter one chance. Dey go dey bill you steady grin

Okada men here, na big men oo...unlike for Abuja, gwagwalada where I come from . You can negotiate price with okada men. For here in Anambra state, na you go dey beg okada men, every okada man will be like "you carry change for there" upon the big money wey dey bill you.

In summary:

Anambra state will broaden your horizon your business mentality will be activated and resurrected. grin wink

No lies bro, this mentality of (corpers be govt pickin bill them when you see them) are on majority of people who did not go through the scheme, abeg how much govt dey pay, mtcheew that thing used to annoy me, the looks sometimes I get from people when I am on my khaki it is like I am one highly paid civil servant official on a federal level
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by descarado: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
It was the other way round before. Both police and soldiers.
Hmm
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by techWriter1: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Even as a Yoruba man I know Anambra federal is the best federal in Nigeria
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by PRESlDENT2003: 7:20am On Sep 20, 2021
Cc NewDelhi hitlergaddafi front page
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Surfacebaba: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
the same here in ndokwa east local government in Delta state ,
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by 7victor(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
I remember in Kano during my NYSC.

I served in the town.

When going to buy food at Sabon Gari market, I remember few occasions where a trader would want to increase the price because I wore NYSC uniform.

But most of the time, I didn't wear the uniform, so no one knew.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Bassey007(m): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
7victor:
I remember in Kano during my NYSC.

I served in the town.

When going to buy food at Sabon Gari market, I remember few occasions where a trader would want to increase the price because I wore NYSC uniform.

But most of the time, I didn't wear the uniform, so no one knew.

once beaten twice shy...
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by 7victor(m): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bassey007:
once beaten twice shy...

Yes Sir.
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Princeadebayo11(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
Not having extra source of income as a corper an real big issue ooo. Hunger go hammer you tired
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by gaudyangel(f): 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Had the same experience while serving in Anambra state, Ozubulu precisely. So far as u are a corper they will sell things very expensive to u.
Re: My Experience In Anambra State(nnobi Market) by Bassey007(m): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
gaudyangel:
Had the same experience while serving in Anambra state, Ozubulu precisely. So far as u are a corper they will sell things very expensive to u.

Popular slogan here: "Is go and Make Money" grin

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year / NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State / Checkout NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.