Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State (4119 Views)

Best States For Nysc And The Highest Paying States For Nysc 2018 / Beware Of Redeployment Scam: NYSC Warn Corpers / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by AyamStarch: 11:46am On Jun 01, 2017
After an almost eternal wait for my service year, it was a combination of apprehension and excitement when the NYSC portal was officially opened for registration on the 29th of April 2017, I hurriedly took my bath before sunrise and headed straight to the cyber cafe with the sole aim of registering same day, I was disappointed when seconds turned minutes, minutes turned hours and it was dusk yet I couldn't register owing to the traffic on the site. The following day, I woke up to the phone call of the cyber cafe operator and subsequently registered without any serious hitch(es). I made Adamawa state one of my choice states owing to the options they were available and the prerogative of automatic redeployment for corp members posted there, the reason for the NYSC blank cheque for redeployment being the continuous insurgency in the parts of the North east; Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
Travelling from Uyo to Adamawa by road is akin to breaking the Dongai rocks with a pestle, for over 30 hours I was still in transit, I heaved a sigh of relieve when I got to the Permanent Orientation camp in Girei after what looked like an endless journey. There were talks of no redeployment on insecurity grounds in hush tones, which I quickly dismissed as some side talk, the rumour became viral and I began to wonder if there's an element of truth in it. I was not too surprise when the camp officials gave out redeployment forms on just two grounds; marital status and health, after so much grumbling and shouting the were forced to give out same forms on insecurity grounds. Amidst the frenzy in camp, these questions cross my mind, "is NYSC the purveyors of half-truths? Why have they reneged on their promise of automatic redeployment? Or is it the Adamawa state government that is undermining the position of the NYSC?

Udeme is a corp member writing from Permanent Orientation camp Lapondo Road,Girei

1 Like

Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2017
Your next post will be from adamawa state. corper is that clear?! hehehe. sorry.

1 Like

Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by AyamStarch: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Your next post will be from adamawa state.
corper is that clear?!
hehehe. sorry.
hehehe,I jump and pass
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 02, 2017
I can relate @OP. I have a female friend who shares the same odeal like you did. She filled Nassarawa, Niger and Lokoja at the NYSC portal after waiting for eternity at the cyber cafe, just like you did but was later posted to Kebbi state.

Kebbi State, two days journey from Onitsha,Anambra State. She's still at the camp fighting tooth and nail for redeployment but there's no hope that it will go.
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by AyamStarch: 7:16am On Jun 02, 2017
Bobugee:
I can relate @OP. I have a female friend who shares the same odeal like you did. She filled Nassarawa, Niger and Lokoja at the NYSC portal after waiting for eternity at the cyber cafe, just like you did but was later posted to Kebbi state.

Kebbi State, two days journey from Onitsha,Anambra State. She's still at the camp fighting tooth and nail for redeployment but there's no hope that it will go.
that's so sad, I wish her the best

1 Like

Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by Problemsolver14: 12:44am On Jun 15, 2017
Hello corpers/everyone.. If you want to be reposted to the state of your choice.. Pls email problemsolver1004@gmail.com. So I can give you the break down. Terms and conditions apply. Pls for serious people only. Thanks
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by daprim(m): 4:20am On Jun 15, 2017
I was redeployed last month from Adamawa to Kwara on grounds of insecurity.
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by AyamStarch: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
daprim:
congrats bro
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Actually i want NYSC to deploy me to Borno or Adamawa, i get plenty of reletives thier so accomadation & three good square meal will not be a problem & them Guaranty me good PPA.
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by AyamStarch: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
Jiang:
Actually i want NYSC to deploy me to Borno or Adamawa, i get plenty of reletives thier so accomadation & three good square meal will not be a problem & them Guaranty me good PPA.
hehehe, Good luck

1 Like

Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by AyamStarch: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
daprim:
are you from the west?
Re: NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State by Problemsolver14: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello corpers/everyone.. If you want to be reposted to the state of your choice, or you know anyone who is desperately seeking to be reposted look no further!! Everything has been made so difficult and seems near impossible to be relocated but you will be amazed at how easy and stress free it is to be relocated! Pls email problemsolver1004@gmail.com so I can give you the break down. Terms and conditions apply. Pls for serious people only. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Checkout NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria In 2017 / How To Earn A National Or State Award During Your NYSC Service Year / I Am Teaching In Another School, Different From My PPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.