Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work (9647 Views)

Doctors Urge FG To Reconsider “no Work, No Pay” Stance / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:16am On Sep 20, 2021
Chris Ngige, minister of labour and productivity, has appealed to striking resident doctors to resume work.

Speaking on Sunday during an interview on Channels Television, Ngige said the resident doctors should come for discussions after they return to work.

On August 2, the National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) embarked on strike over “irregular payment of salaries”, among other issues.

Efforts of different stakeholders, including President Muhammadu Buhari and the house of representatives, to ensure the resident doctors shelve the strike did not yield the desired result.

The labour minister said he is determined to protect the profession from being “vandalised”.

“I want to appeal to NARD for them to reconsider their position, get back to work tomorrow or next and then come back again for discussions. We have so many things to discuss,” the minister said.

“I have nephews who are resident doctors. I have three of them in the east — at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching hospital, UNTH Enugu, Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu. I have so many of them.

“I have my son — a house officer. I have my daughter who is joining housemanship in October. I have a son, God willing, who is going to graduate again in October. I cannot destroy the profession but I have to protect the profession too if it is going to be vandalised.”

https://www.thecable.ng/reconsider-your-position-ngige-begs-resident-doctors-to-resume-work

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:22am On Sep 20, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by chatinent: 12:24am On Sep 20, 2021
Human government has failed.

Buhari and ingredients!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Kingpee2(m): 1:50am On Sep 20, 2021
Let us be honest with ourselves ,modern slavery is still real and on the high side, how can you not meet up with what these doctors are clamoring for and you are here telling them to go back to their positions ,this is more of you forcing them to be suffering and smiling ...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by AmuEbule: 4:30am On Sep 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:30am On Sep 20, 2021
Reading

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by gerrardomendes(m): 4:31am On Sep 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Midas01: 4:32am On Sep 20, 2021
Pay them. Yeye!

Since I was born I've never heard that ministers and senators are being owed salaries. Doctors are among the first class citizens of every sane country but in Nigeria it is different. Even Taliban got angry that doctors were exiting the country en-masse but our Govt doesn't care.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Thegamingorca(m): 4:33am On Sep 20, 2021
Oya Uyilawa over to you
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by GloShare(m): 4:33am On Sep 20, 2021
What?

You mean the strike was still on?

Omo!

1 Like

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by elonmuskbaby: 4:33am On Sep 20, 2021
Mshewww
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by blogbuilder: 4:34am On Sep 20, 2021
Nawaoh... They should go back to work b4 negotiation. What's now the essence of the strike they've embarked on if it yields no fruit.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by anambraamaka: 4:34am On Sep 20, 2021
Please do the right thing
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by GloShare(m): 4:34am On Sep 20, 2021
blogbuilder:
Nawaoh... They should go back to work b4 negotiation. What's now the essence of the strike they've embarked on if it yields no fruit.

Don't be unfortunate in life.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by kennyz247(m): 4:34am On Sep 20, 2021
seriously nothing is working for ds country...
if u have what it takes to leave this zoo called Nigeria,my broda just leave ooooo...

10 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by GboyegaD(m): 4:35am On Sep 20, 2021
Same medical doctors that were trying to find greener pastures for themselves and the government in their wickedness messed up their interviews?

If the government is already on a borrowing spree and can't take a cut in their pay, the doctors need nor resume until their request is granted.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by blueyonder6: 4:35am On Sep 20, 2021
cool
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by NWANICHODE: 4:35am On Sep 20, 2021
How many of their demands have you met? Yeye they smell

1 Like

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Fcwilly: 4:36am On Sep 20, 2021
Ngige need to be relieved of his appointment, he is the one destroying health sector.

13 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by pickatyoubackup: 4:36am On Sep 20, 2021
I don't know why it's so difficult to fulfil demands of the doctors. Is it that the demands cannot be met.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by 12345baba(m): 4:37am On Sep 20, 2021
Wicked leaders

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Whois(m): 4:38am On Sep 20, 2021
post=105987874:
Reading

Reading but u will still come back to copy an paste your usual jargons, who did this to u?

9 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by toxtimmy: 4:41am On Sep 20, 2021
Leaving solves nothing... Only solution is to lynch politicians and when ever any institution such as police or army mess up, lynch them too and things will change over night.

kennyz247:
seriously nothing is working for ds country...
if u have what it takes to leave this zoo called Nigeria,my broda just leave ooooo...

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Bishop4bella(m): 4:41am On Sep 20, 2021
To avoid negotiations after resumption, negotiate now, reach an agreement, sign MOU then NARD resume.
We all know all agreement now is already a failure.

I just love the stubbornness of NARD unlike their counterparts JOHESU who are toothless dog...b4 you attack me, am also a JOHESU member

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by KarlWhyte(m): 4:44am On Sep 20, 2021
Hmm
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Egein(m): 4:47am On Sep 20, 2021
Beg your daughter first.
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Masterito(m): 4:55am On Sep 20, 2021
So who are second citizens? You can make a good point without saying trash.
Midas01:
Pay them. Yeye!

Since I was born I've never heard that ministers and senators are being owed salaries. Doctors are among the first class citizens of every sane country but in Nigeria it is different. Even Taliban got angry that doctors were exiting the country en-masse but our Govt doesn't care.
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by walozanga(m): 5:02am On Sep 20, 2021
Ngige! Ngige!! Ngige!!! How many times did I call u?
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:23am On Sep 20, 2021
Pay something first
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:23am On Sep 20, 2021
Lol!!
Re: Ngige Begs Resident Doctors To Reconsider Their Position, Resume Work by Starseed(m): 5:29am On Sep 20, 2021
blogbuilder:

Its like you have asensemia, "lack of sense". Illiterates everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Take Blood Tonic After Been On Augmentin Drugs For 7 Days / World Malaria Day: Ned Nwoko Commences Talks With American Researchers On Vaccin / Forever Living Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.