Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year (590 Views)

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / I Finally Had An Extra Year / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by Mamayam: 8:09am On Sep 20, 2021
Morning house.

I recently checked my final year 1st semester results, and I was surprised to see an F. The easiest course I have ever taken!

I have been unable to apply for remarking. A new session has long begun, and I am thinking of registering the course this semester(extra year) or wait to try to apply for remarking before the window closes.

Although I haven't seen the 2nd semester results, I was thinking of a 3rd option: Opting for a waiver.

Would there be any consequence in the future, career- or academic-wise in not completing the full load in one's undergraduate degree?

Also, is there any negative effect in graduating after an extra year despite good grades?

Will really appreciate your comments.

It is an engineering course.
Re: Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by lilvicky68(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2021
Waive it
Re: Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by gapwealth: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2021
the best advice for you is leave the school , you know with the situation 0o the country now , people with good results are not getting job talk less of those with no good results.

not that you yourself you're not good but the way Nigeria academic systems are working was not meant for you ..... so instead of you wasting your time you can just cross to Ghana or Benin republic.

for more information you can call or chat me on 08101700841

https://www.facebook.com/GapWealth/
Re: Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by Mamayam: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2021
Cc lalasticlala, frontpage pls.
Re: Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by arsenic33(m): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2021
Talk to your HOD first. If talks falls, don't waive it.

Kindly re-register the course it won't have any negative effect.

Do not leave the school, you're almost done. You might regret it later if you quit
Re: Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by Mamayam: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Should I Waive Or Do Extra Year by Mamayam: 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2021
Please push to front page.

Cc seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, mukina2.

(1) (Reply)

Snepco Scholarship 2021 Test / 5 Things You Must Give Up Today For Your Own Benefits / Latest On ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.