Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks (52797 Views)

Investors Of AAS Curse Abayomi, Anyone Defending Him For Stealing Billions From / The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market / Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by DonroxyII: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
Vision101:
@Yankiss
Doesnt Nigerians have companies that can carry out independent audits? Well, the Nigerian factor would mess up everything. They fit carry style yahoo the whole bank accounts in the name of audit. ;

@me
These are world renowned firms. The figures of the banks are used all over the world. The assurance of truth is rested on the auditor's certification.

If you take a decision based on the figures and it comes out wrong as a result of manipulation, you can sue them.

It's not everything that the Nigerian factor apply.
Only the Shareholders can sue them they have no responsibility towards the Public. The introductory paragraph of the Auditor's Report clearly states those who the Report belong !!

It's part of mechanism of limiting auditor's liabilities such that no every Tom, dick a Harry will be suing Auditor's up and down due to error in investment decisions as a result of reliance on the Audited Financial Statement.
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by Vision101(m): 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
@DonroxyII
Only the Shareholders can sue them they have no responsibility towards the Public. The introductory paragraph of the Auditor's Report clearly states those who the Report belong !!

It's part of mechanism of limiting auditor's liabilities such that no every Tom, dick a Harry will be suing Auditor's up and down due to error in investment decisions as a result of reliance on the Audited Financial Statement.

@me
No sir. The auditor has fiduciary duty to any member of the public who places reliance on the auditor's report of the financial statement of an entity.

His report is to the members of the company because they engaged him but he owes duty of care to the user of the financial statement who places reliance on his opinion on the statement.
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by casppyjay: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
stevedre:
You do have a valid point. Honestly the biggest scams commited in big firms and top government agencies all over the world.

They call "bribery" lobbying and "scamming" aiming for national interest or national security.

I think proxies using the names of all this big firms handles Nigerian banking systems because how can our banks be always charging customers for silly reasons but these super power auditing firms act like its all good.

There must be some back door romance going on between the Top staffs of the bank and auditig firms because it is only in Nigeria you will save 100k in a "savings account" by January but find 95k left at the end of the year, that is if you are lucky because it can be less.

I stand to be corrected though, just poured my mind.

Hafa happy new year ..abeg give me ur WhatsApp number I will call u today unfailingly
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by stevedre: 11:30am On Mar 05, 2022
casppyjay:
Hafa happy new year

Wish you the same. How's everything
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by casppyjay: 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
stevedre:
You do have a valid point. Honestly the biggest scams commited in big firms and top government agencies all over the world.

They call "bribery" lobbying and "scamming" aiming for national interest or national security.

I think proxies using the names of all this big firms handles Nigerian banking systems because how can our banks be always charging customers for silly reasons but these super power auditing firms act like its all good.

There must be some back door romance going on between the Top staffs of the bank and auditig firms because it is only in Nigeria you will save 100k in a "savings account" by January but find 95k left at the end of the year, that is if you are lucky because it can be less.

give ur WhatsApp number bro
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by casppyjay: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
stevedre:

hafa
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by stevedre: 2:56am On Jul 02, 2022
casppyjay:
give ur WhatsApp number bro
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by casppyjay: 5:50am On Jul 02, 2022
stevedre:

+2347010354886
ok bro will holla u later diz morning
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by casppyjay: 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevedre:

+2347010354886
I have been trying ur digits bro directly and on WhatsApp switched off was d response..
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by stevedre: 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
casppyjay:
I have been trying ur digits bro directly and on WhatsApp switched off was d response..

How far. Where art thou brethren
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by casppyjay: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
stevedre:

How far. Where art thou brethren
I dey ooo
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by Kobicove(m): 4:22am On Apr 15, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I no understand no shiit here.

grin
Re: Big Four: These Are The Auditors Earning Billions From Nigerian Banks by stevedre: 10:12am On May 03, 2023
casppyjay:
I dey ooo

Abeg Hola me for what'sapp soon as possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Femi Otedola And His Mother Kissing On The Lips / Femi Otedola And Lil Kesh Do The "Shaku Shaku" Dance At Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Nine Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 Global Banks List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.