Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? (9457 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job / My Former Boss Came For Interview In My Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
Today, my former boss made me lose my new job i got on Friday.

How do you handle such situation?

It was a teaching job that i had to resigned because of my Msc around April.

Then I saw a sch vacancy and realized that my area was part of the position this another sch is looking for.

I applied, called for interview and it was successful. And this my potential new boss said he knows my former employer and ask if he can call him for verification and I told him to go ahead. He and the principal had already taken me as their new staff and I'm to resume today

Getting to the sch today, this my new employer said my former employer told him that we revolted against writing of lesson notes and that was way i left which was not true, me that left base on Msc issue which he's aware of. And what he told this my potential employer made him not to accept me.

I then called this my former employer why he gave a wrong info about me, he said he never did. That he told my new boss, I left coz of Msc.

7 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by drake2(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
Could you tell more how he did it(she did it ?)
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by wunmi590(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
tongue
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
drake2:
Could you tell more how he did it(she did it ?)

Modified
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by drake2(m): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2021
Sniper4real:
Today, my former boss made me lose my new job i got on Friday.

How do you handle such situation?

It was a teaching job that i had to resigned because of my Msc around April.

Then I saw a sch vacancy and realized that my area was part of the position this another sch is looking for.

I applied, called for interview and it was successful. And this my potential new boss said he knows my former employer and ask if he can call him for verification and I told him to go ahead. He and the principal had already taken me as their new staff and I'm to resume today

Getting to the sch today, this my new employer said my former employer told him that we revolted against writing of lesson notes and that was way i left which was not true, me that left base on Msc issue which he's aware of. And what he told this my potential employer made him not to accept me.

I then called this my former employer why he gave a wrong info about me, he said he never did. That he told my new boss, I left coz of Msc.

Ok. I think you should knock out your former boss out of your reference. He will still do it.

Replace it with your collègue who liked you there

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2021
drake2:

Ok. I think you should knock out your former boss out of your reference. He will still do it.

Replace it with your collègue who liked you there

I never put him in my reference, it just happened that both knows each other as per proprietor ish

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Elsueno: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
Some people are just naturally wicked & very evil inclined..so full of bitterness & jealousy.

Bros, take heart, dis kind of deflection always leads to a better opportunity.

But then again, only God knows exactly what transpired in between them, who is actually "lying" between d two principals

30 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
Elsueno:
Some people are just naturally wicked & very evil inclined..so full of bitterness & jealousy.

Bros, take heart, dis kind of deflection always leads to a better opportunity.

But then again, only God knows exactly what transpired in between them, who is actually "lying" between d two principals

I'll say it's the former. Coz the new one can't just cook up that lie. Them enemy of progress

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 6:24am On Sep 21, 2021
Huh?
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by dyfaze: 8:57am On Sep 21, 2021
hun .. o lọ far oo
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 21, 2021
Na my former Boss stand as one of my guarantors for the new one sef.

@OP, if this accusation is true, then your former employer is a wicked man & I hope his children don't suffer for his wickedness against another's children.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Passionate888: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2021
We wey never get work before nko? No former boss to go tell the new boss say make we no carry blocks

9 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by ibrocool(m): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2021
From your write up, it has clearly showed that your former boss did this. Some people are actually very selfish. They don't wish for your progress.

This is what the Yoruba people called amoni seni, meaning someone that knows you and still do you bad.

4 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by ReddishBlue: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Lol
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by TimFisher2: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2021
undecided

People should not criticize the first boss

Maybe Op left when they needed him most

Now you said you left because of MSc now why didn’t you proceed with it, for you to now turn around and start applying for another job

Well...like i said make peace with your former employer before leaving...on the verge of leaving...don’t scatter things and go because you won’t know when you will need them..Because some people are like that

***Modified********

mamaafrik:
is is part of the agreement that he should not leave at will??
If they were going to sack him,will they have put him under "oh he just married or rented a house" consideration??
If Op knack am jazz to run mad now,people no go know why,dey go con dey pity the mad man.

It is not part of the agreement brother

You know we Africans we are too myopic and mischievous especially when we have gotten to a peak of our career or a new opportunity

We always tend to severe relationships because of one or two issues that happened in the past

Not knowing that it will come to hunt us one day

I think Op is not telling us the truth that must have transpired between them...because if Op does..no body here will give him a bloody advice

Like i said Op might have received his last salary of the month...drop his resignation the following day and walk out of the office like nothing happen..(like most of employee s do)

The boss might have asked him what happened..he will say I want to go and proceed for my MSc ...and you know the boss won’t stop him from achieving his goals...so not to be labeled enemy of progress.....but to Op’s Mind , he might have resigned because tye salary is too small and he needed to get a bigger pay..that’s the fact!

Now ... why not do it like this!!!!!

Maybe two to three months to your resignation...you will walk to her office and say Ma, I would like to proceed with my MSx program to have more knowledge and i am very delighted to be under your tutelage all these years as you have shaped me a lot ...

I won’t hesitate to call upon you when the need arise for a wonderful recommendation from you...because you are a perfect role model to me...I will continue to come for your Motherly/Fatherly assistance...Thank you!

Tell me whether the boss will reject to recommend him when the need arise!

8 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by xcesspaschal(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2021
I had a similar experience with my current boss but he ignored her n ask me to prove her wrong and that's wat am doing.

Thank God.

16 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Kenneth10110(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2021
Person no suppose they find job for this country its either better self employment or you japaa anyways wetin man go do.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by koladebrainiac(m): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2021
j
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by mamaafrik(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2021
TimFisher2:
undecided

Now you said you left because of MSc now why didn’t you proceed with it, for you to now turn around and start applying for another job

Well...like i said make peace with your former employer before leaving...on the verge of leaving...don’t scatter things and go because you won’t know when you will need them..Because some people are like that
is is part of the agreement that he should not leave at will??
If they were going to sack him,will they have put him under "oh he just married or rented a house" consideration??
If Op knack am jazz to run mad now,people no go know why,dey go con dey pity the mad man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by freedomchild: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2021
You left your former job for Msc only to turn and apply for a new job... I don't think you're honest. Tell us the truth about what transpired between you and your former boss

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Originalsly: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2021
You were let go because of Msc... the new boss is a liar. Even if you and others revolted against notes of lesson .... would you quit? Makes no sense. It's about the Msc.... did you claim you have but didn't?... or was it a fake? The same reason you left the previous job is the same reason you were let go.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Comedian2019: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2021
Dem no born him papa well.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by tuboi: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2021
freedomchild:
You left your former job for Msc only to turn and apply for a new job... I don't think you're honest. Tell us the truth about what transpired between you and your former boss

The OP may not be lying. When I wanted to leave a particular job, I told my employer I was going for my M.Sc.I was working in 2 dept. without my salary been reviewed and when I asked for a raise, it wasn’t granted.When I tendered my resignation, my Boss offered to double my salary but it was already too late….

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2021
TimFisher2:
undecided

I had to stop that one thinking that Msc will be a tight schedule. But it was not. Then i consider doing something else with it

1 Like

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2021
freedomchild:

I had to stop that one thinking that Msc will be a tight schedule. But it was not. Then i consider doing something else with it
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by lonelydora: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2021
Anything that makes me drop resignation means I have crossed the Rubicon and no going back.

Why should anyone allow his boss sweet-talk him into reconsidering his decision to leave?

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by moscobabs(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2021
Thats why is always good to leave anywhere you work with good record, always ensure to write your resignation letter and put reason why are leaving so it can be used as reference in future.

when I wanted to get another job in 2014 after resigning from my first company of 5years, the interviewers knew my direct boss and they put call on him immediately and it was on speaker, The man just tell them ''Employ him he has no problem and i'm very sure you will not have problem with him but make sure you treat him well because he's an asset . Thank you'' I just smiled and the interview ended thats how i got my Job.

This is my 3rd place of work since i start my career in 2009 and i have not received query,warning letter or sack letter before not that im perfect but i always careful and straightforward.

OP, i pray you find a better one

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by faithfull18(f): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Never.
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by chukwuibuipob: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2021
sad
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by blackgold2018(m): 10:05am On Sep 21, 2021
Sniper4real:

I don't totally believe you.
The both employers are right. You are not honest enough.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Salary Scale For NABDA Entry Level / Guinness Nigeria Graduate Marketing Intern Recruitment 2018 / N-power Batch C: How To Recover Your Lost Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.