Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! (5092 Views)

Dear Lagos People, The Opportunity To Banish MC Oluomo Forever Here / Dear Lagos State Government, Please Do Something About These Kids On Expressways / BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Stop Sleeping, Nigerians Need Corrupt Free Leaders - Tru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by realestate99: 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
onyegwu:
A citizen telling a fellow citizen of privileges you must be cruising. The consequence you are bragging about is to bring harm to another human like you as if you are immune from destruction. Is just a matter of turns ok!! It might even be you first.

I will never pray for harm to befall you, Never!!! all I am saying is we should endeavor to respect our host culture and tradition no matter how absurd it looks. you can not take out people's culture suddenly, it takes time. Some culture becomes obsolete with time while others are replaced.

A stranger residing in a place resenting their culture is automatically resenting the indigenes, and if care is not taken, their might be clash of interests which sometimes might become bloody.

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Newton85: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Odua1stson:
Imagine this shit, so you want people to stop their tradition bcuz of nobody like u, alaye come out and bear the consequences
Dictating to us on how we do things in yorubaland will never be allowed, you are free to relocate to your village
Eni ba fi oju di oro, oro a gbe
Isese yoruba o ni baje, odua a gbe gbogbo wa
Oro should be practised in such a way that it doesn't infringe on other people's movement bro. Even though I'm an atheist, I'll always favour our traditionalists over Christianity and Islam, because they're non-violent and don't force their creed down your throat like Christians and Muslims. Someone who is between life and death around 1am, and who needs urgent medical attention will be prevented from getting to the hospital because of Oro. I'm all for traditionalists to freely practise their religion in the face of the overbearing intolerance from Christians and Muslims, but curtailing the movement of others because of your religious rites will never sit down well with me.

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Newton85: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
onyegwu:
Tradition of sorrow is that one tradition. The Land is meant for humans and not for worthless traditions that can't add anything to humans. So is your tradition that needs to move for humans to live on ok!!
I hope you're not a Christian?
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by omoharry(f): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
This is the reason why my sister sold the land she bought there sharp sharp to another place that has progressive outlook .And this is why Ikorodu has refuse to develop.How can Ikorodu develop, when they allow such things to happen in an urban setting .People will not want to build Thier houses business there becos they don't want to be around such practices that impede their movement from time to time . Every city we are presently living in, either in Lagos or outside , was once a village that use to carry out various traditional activities but it had to give way for development to take place.
If all region should maintain Thier traditional practice s,that means daily movement of people and goods will be restricted, becos we have to obey people tradition .This would also mean that some people would be killed becos they are not suppose to be out at that point in time .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Corporate2020: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
aremuforlife:
When will you call the government to stop night vigil for the Christian and jumon Friday prayer for the Muslims? The traditionalists are only observing their traditional right.

And Christians and Muslims stop people from free movement? Are you on drugs again?
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by aremuforlife(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
Corporate2020:

And Christians and Muslims stop people from free movement? Are you on drugs again?
Yes, I am on drug.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
Which stupid primitive tradition in this 21st century, of what benefits is the traditional to the inhabitants and people doing business in ikorodu, why not come here and witness the nuisance the area Boys constitute during this nonsense they call tradition, I will see if by the time the 4th mainland bridge is constructed if it will not eradicate the stupidity these people constitute around

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
This stupid primitive tradition in this 21st century, of what benefits is the traditional to the inhabitants and people doing business in ikorodu, when you come here and witness the nuisance the area Boys constitute during this nonsense they called ORO tradition, I will see if by the time the 4th mainland bridge is constructed whether it will not eradicate the stupidity these people constitute around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by ikorodureporta: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mrkumareze:
You want them to abandon their tradition cos of u shocked.. u just need to relocate to a city where traditions aren't active.

realestate99:

you can say that to your people, but here, if you are not comfortable with our customs and traditions , you leave!!! we have been to your region before, we know how you treat strangers.

so do not come here and seek for privileges your people won't give to foreigners. Once again if you can't stay indoors during Oro, you can go out and face the consequence.

macof:

Who are you that ikorodu natives should stop their tradition for you?

The same people thàt cry of underdevelopment & joblessness will come online to post nonsense..with yr archaic thought pattern

How many "sensible" people will come & set up their industry in Ikorodu under this condition?

Come to this area I'm talking about..& see the condition of the major roads, Baiyeku & Offin,

If it is oro they want, they shl observe it at night

Ok, imagine somebody traveling to Ikorodu without being told, only to hear
at Ikorodu garage that he/ she can't go to inner Ikorodu because of the nonsense..many times Iiv come across such people at the park.
Some women even take the risk to hide in the vehicles
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
ikorodureporta:

The same people thàt cry of underdevelopment & joblessness will come online to post nonsense..with yr achaic thought pattern

How many "sensible" people will come & set up their industry in Ikorodu under this condition?

Come to this area I'm talking about..& see the condition of the major roads, Baiyeku & Offin,

If it is oro they want, they shl observe it at night

Ok, imagine somebody traveling to Ikorodu without being told, only to hear
at Ikorodu garage that he/ she can't go to inner Ikorodu because of the nonsense..many times Iiv come across such people at the park.
Some women even take the risk to hide in the vehicles

Worry about yourself not about people who you don't know.

I wonder who is expecting to carry out industrial activities before 4am. Especially when it's not as if Oro happens every week.

You don't have a valid point. You are merely a selfish disrespectful non-native expecting natives to live by your own will. Go back to your village and teach them all these things about development you are talking about.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
Newton85:
Oro should be practised in such a way that it doesn't infringe on other people's movement bro. Even though I'm an atheist, I'll always favour our traditionalists over Christianity and Islam, because they're non-violent and don't force their creed down your throat like Christians and Muslims. Someone who is between life and death around 1am, and who needs urgent medical attention will be prevented from getting to the hospital because of Oro. I'm all for traditionalists to freely practise their religion in the face of the overbearing intolerance from Christians and Muslims, but curtailing the movement of others because of your religious rites will never sit down well with me.

Familiarise yourself with the traditions of the people whose land you are living on.
If you are familiar with the land you would know how to get around the curfew in time of emergency. They are human beings not monsters
So this is still not a valid point
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Newton85: 12:16am On Sep 22, 2021
macof:

Familiarise yourself with the traditions of the people whose land you are living on.
If you are familiar with the land you would know how to get around the curfew in time of emergency. They are human beings not monsters
It is a valid point bro. No religious rites should have the right to impede my own right to move at any fucking time.

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by ShadowWalker00(m): 12:32am On Sep 22, 2021
[s]
F117nighthawk:
Which stupid primitive tradition in this 21st century, of what benefits is the traditional to the inhabitants and people doing business in ikorodu, why not come here and witness the nuisance the area Boys constitute during this nonsense they call tradition, I will see if by the time the 4th mainland bridge is constructed if it will not eradicate the stupidity these people constitute around
[/s]
Like your opinion is relevant undecided.

Call it all you want "bAckWaRD","pRImItiVe" it doesn't change anything, it is their culture, and they are proud of it.

You have no right to dictate to natives in their land, if you are tired you can take a walk.

Ikorodu, and Lagos in general is even over-populated.

Bloody osu omo nna.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 1:52am On Sep 22, 2021
ShadowWalker00:
[s][/s]
Like your opinion is relevant undecided.

Call it all you want "bAckWaRD","pRImItiVe" it doesn't change anything, it is their culture, and they are proud of it.

You have no right to dictate to natives in their land, if you are tired you can take a walk.

Ikorodu, and Lagos in general is even over-populated.

Bloody osu omo nna.

Oponu Omo ode, that's why u will forever remain backward in your entire life, ORO in this 21st century, no wonder your generation will never see the light, so u are one of the boys carrying cain and extorting money from innocent citizens abi, if you know your ORO is life sustaining for you, why go out and beg for money from innocent people going about their daily bread
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by onyegwu(m): 4:42am On Sep 22, 2021
macof:

Worry about yourself not about people who you don't know.

I wonder who is expecting to carry out industrial activities before 4am. Especially when it's not as if Oro happens every week.

You don't have a valid point. You are merely a selfish disrespectful non-native expecting natives to live by your own will. Go back to your village and teach them all these things about development you are talking about.
So in your mind now you are the one making sense right?!! Until this country is divided Lagos will continue to be a cosmopolitan State so the earlier you realize this the better for you or you will just die of HBP. Your lots are so insignificant to do shit. Oro will be condemn whether is your fur Fathers culture or your Generation culture nobody cares ok! Oro is a barbaric cultural practice that does not have any human significant that needs to give way for human existence. And deserves no respect whatsoever kiss that!! It's so so unfortunate that young people like you who ought to know better are the willing tools that are used to champion this backwardness. So unfortunate !!
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 6:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Newton85:
It is a valid point bro. No religious rites should have the right to impede my own right to move at any fucking time.
go to Europe and tell them not to block all the roads during protest (that happens just about every month)
You don't yet know your problems
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 6:06am On Sep 22, 2021
F117nighthawk:

Oponu Omo ode, that's why u will forever remain backward in your entire life, ORO in this 21st century, no wonder your generation will never see the light, so u are one of the boys carrying cain and extorting money from innocent citizens abi, if you know your ORO is life sustaining for you, why go out and beg for money from innocent people going about their daily bread
grin which light is your own village and family seeing?
If you stay in your house nobody will fine you.. It is not extortion but fine
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by niggadee(m): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2021
The indigenous people are not complaining about oro you common stranger nagging about yoruba tradition na to pack your stuff and move out

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Newton85: 7:06am On Sep 22, 2021
macof:
go to Europe and tell them not to block all the roads during protest (that happens just about every month)
You don't yet know your problems
Dude, go and sleep. You're not more Yoruba than me or support traditional rights more than me, even though I'm an atheist. How so dumb to compare protests that you'll need government permit to hold to a tradition rite that confines you to your room even when you're not a practitioner of such tradition. Or don't people still move around during protests? Such a very dumb comparison.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2021
macof:
grin which light is your own village and family seeing?
If you stay in your house nobody will fine you.. It is not extortion but fine

SO your stupid primitive senseless ORO even restricted men's moving around too abi? U see how confused and brainless you are, anyway, let them construct the 4th mainland bridge along igbogbo baiyeku road and I will see if u and your stupid worshippers will still be allow to do this nonsense, u all will end up in your igbo ORO at Adamo area
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by walemoney007(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2021
ikorodureporta:

Al na Ikorodu
It's addressed igbogbo-ikorodu...
Please is there now free movement in Igbogbo? I'm coming to bayeku with some friends(male and females) from the island this morning.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Paretomaster1(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2021
Mrkumareze:
You want them to abandon their tradition cos of u shocked.. u just need to relocate to a city where traditions aren't active.

Please shutit.....

The world has move from such practices, the late Oba tried to make it in such a way the traditional tires will be done only at night, but the then TOS benson opposed him due to their rivalry....

Ikorodu is no longer a village FGS, other areas have adjust, and carry our the rites without infringing on people's right..
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by ba7man(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2021
macof:

Any tradition that infringes on the right of free movement of people, discourages investment and development is trash.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by ikorodureporta: 11:53am On Sep 22, 2021
walemoney007:
Please is there now free movement in Igbogbo? I'm coming to bayeku with some friends(male and females) from the island this morning.
Ye
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
Newton85:
Dude, go and sleep. You're not more Yoruba than me or support traditional rights more than me, even though I'm an atheist. How so dumb to compare protests that you'll need government permit to hold to a tradition rite that confines you to your room even when you're not a practitioner of such tradition. Or don't people still move around during protests? Such a very dumb comparison.

In that case.. Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I am more Yoruba than you.
If you don't know the significance of oro and cannot respect or tolerate it then you have failed as a Yoruba
You are even ignorant of how protests are in Europe.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
F117nighthawk:

SO your stupid primitive senseless ORO even restricted men's moving around too abi? U see how confused and brainless you are, anyway, let them construct the 4th mainland bridge along igbogbo baiyeku road and I will see if u and your stupid worshippers will still be allow to do this nonsense, u all will end up in your igbo ORO at Adamo area

Buffoon I asked you a question

which light is your own village and family seeing? grin
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
Your question is as stupid and dumb as your meaningless and primitive ORO useless festival
macof:

Buffoon I asked you a question

which light is your own village and family seeing? grin
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2021
F117nighthawk:
Your question is as stupid and dumb as your meaningless and primitive ORO useless festival

I can see you are so deprived that you post and share your own post immediately grin

which light is your own village and family seeing?
Bare that in mind every time you think of Oro in Ikorodu grin
You go tire
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
If u know where I am from and my village u will know your ikorodu is still a jungle when it comes to civilization, no wonder u still practice ORO in this primitive town, u know the entire Lagos Island used to have this ORO festival too years back,do u still see them practicing ORO now that civilization set in?,the 4th mainland bridge will surely eradicate your fetish primitive tradition quote author=macof post=106064994]

I can see you are so deprived that you post and share your own post immediately grin

You go tire [/quote]
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by macof(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
F117nighthawk:
If u know where I am from and my village u will know your ikorodu is still a jungle when it comes to civilization, no wonder u still practice ORO in this primitive town, u know the entire Lagos Island used to have this ORO festival too years back,do u still see them practicing ORO now that civilization set in?,the 4th mainland bridge will surely eradicate your fetish primitive tradition quote author=macof post=106064994]

You go tire

Go and enjoy your village then and leave ikorodu. Why so pained? grin. What do you know about civilization? You can't even define civilization
Wretched buffoon running away from his wretched village grin
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by Newton85: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
macof:

In that case.. Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I am more Yoruba than you.
If you don't know the significance of oro and cannot respect or tolerate it then you have failed as a Yoruba
You are even ignorant of how protests are in Europe.
Okay, you're more Yoruba than me. You can go to bed now, Mr. Oro.
Re: Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! by F117nighthawk: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
So civilization dey your ikorodu and u still dey do ORO, dey carry juju up and down, u be ode oponu ni e, who are the people developing ikorodu and taking it out of civilization, it's people like me who came here bought land and develop, your ORO habitat, no be mud old wrecked houses una dey use for una ORO, jobless area boy like u, if u get work u go fashi your stupid ORO quote author=macof post=106066359]

Go and enjoy your village then and leave ikorodu. Why so pained? grin. What do you know about civilization? You can't even define civilization
Wretched buffoon running away from his wretched village grin [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akume Loyalists Sue Ganduje Over Benue APC Exco Dissolution / National Security Adviser Tells PDP Govs To Emulate ACN Govs / Photos Of A Short Nigerian Man Marrying A Pretty Lady In Imo State Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.