Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN (24425 Views)

October 1: President Tinubu's Independence Day Speech (Video) / Biafra National Guard Loots Shop, Filling Station, Declares War From October 30 / October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by dre11(m): 7:45am On Sep 21, 2021
faults calls for Emefiele’s resignation

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that Nigerians can begin to download e-naira wallets on their phones from October 1.

The Director, Payment System Management, at the CBN Mr. Musa Jimoh, said this during an interview on the ‘Business Morning’ programme on Channels Television yesterday. This came as the apex bank also decried calls for the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele’s resignation.

According to him, the e-naira which is set to be launched on October 1, 2021, is a legal tender equal to the value of the naira and thus must be accepted as a form of payment by all merchants and business outlets. Jimoh said: “Today, anywhere you present naira to pay, compulsorily it must be accepted because that is our fiat currency.

So, the same way naira is accepted that you can’t reject it, is the same way e-naira must be accepted. Anywhere in this country where e-naira is presented, it must be accepted.

So, merchants must accept e-naira as a means of payment. “The liability of the enaira money is directly on CBN which is similar to the cash you hold. The liability of the cash you hold today rests with the CBN.

So, it gives Nigerians the opportunity to bank with CBN.” The CBN Director emphasised that the e-naira comes with many benefits and would save the cost of printing more notes.

“Today the cost of producing the naira and coins is very high. It costs money to print naira in this country. Now, the minting of e-naira is electronic so it reduces cost,”
Jimoh stated. He also said that charges of transferring funds would be lower for those using the e-naira.

Meanwhile, the spokesman of the CBN, Mr. Osita Nwanisobi, has faulted claims from certain quarters for the resignation of the CBN governor over issues relating to the exchange rate of the naira.

Speaking with newsmen in Abuja on Monday evening, Nwanisobi alleged that those behind such calls were only pursuing their selfish agenda fueled by those who had long benefitted from rent-seeking practices in the parallel forex market, which he refused to recognize as a significant segment of the country’s forex market.

According to him, the CBN would not be distracted in its mandate by yielding to the selfish tendencies of a few to the detriment of the majority.

He therefore urged the banking public to disregard claims aimed at impugning the reputation of the Bank, insisting that the Bank remained committed to carrying out its mandate for the good of the Nigerian people.

He also assured that the CBN remained committed to meeting the foreign exchange request of travelers with legitimate needs as they relate to travel allowances, payment of tuition and medical fees among other invisibles.

He noted that there was enough supply of foreign exchange to the banks to meet legitimate demands for foreign exchange.

Nwanisobi, who insisted that no customer requiring foreign exchange for genuine transactions would be turned back by their banks, urged the banking public to insist on their rights to be attended to as long as they possess all the requisite documents to validate their request.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/cbn-nigeriansll-download-e-naira-wallets-from-october-1/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Tissaia(f): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by otokx(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2021
Someone should please explain the benefit of e-Naira.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by SarkinYarki: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2021
You can't even maintain physical naira and you want to create a digital wallet

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nbotee(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2021
Dis ppl are funny.. Anywhere e-naira I presented it MUST b accepted. Of what use will it be if I can easily jus make transfer from my account? Why will I stress myself with an e naira wallet and e naira wen it is going to b d same with d money in my account. Wetin concern market women with e naira?

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Decentdave(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2021
After banning crypto.So how do we now trade E naira ..confused Godwin Emefile

24 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nebulax: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2021
Interesting..

Now that almost all the ecurrency are down, let's see how e-naira wallet would perform

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by amanda2013(f): 8:21am On Sep 21, 2021
Naira is becoming useless and all emefiele and his goons are interested in is how Nigerians will start downloading E- naira. Rubbish

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Ekejoestar(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2021
Wetin concern barrow pushers with e-naira

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by slawormiir: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

All these people go fit secure and maintain am

I be nor dey do local before o...

Make this one nor come make me start to dey run local
Boys sit down their own now...una want dey give them more tools and format with this introduction of e naira

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by melaniaup: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2021
Ussd should be maintain first with low deduction, stop dabbling into things you can't control

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Grace001: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2021
Yeye
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2021
Yahoo boys right now

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by treesun: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2021
Will that improve the fortune of Naira against the free fall?

So, the same way naira is accepted that you can’t reject it, is the same way e-naira must be accepted. Anywhere in this country where e-naira is presented, it must be accepted.

Even to be accepted when you are not sure scam alert has been sent to you?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2021
If I'm a pastor, I will use this one for one kind of end time preaching grin

Hello brethren, this is really signs of the end time. One world currency people of God, one world currency bla bla bla
Then I end it with that is why they are embracing it speedily, there is no more time grin

No reason me abeg, hope the value of e-Naira will be same as value of Naira? It will reduce the rate of counterfeit currencies, and torn money.
Let's forget our hate for Nigeria, we are the best country in Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Sanchez01: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2021
It is best to avoid this sham if anyone knows what they are doing. They banned crypto in Nigeria only to create theirs and then stylishly foisting it on those they deprived of crypto trading. How a country works anticlockwise and in this manner is quite unbelievable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Ayemileto(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2021
grin
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2021
I hope CBN would fund the Wallets for us too, because I can't fund it with my hard earned naira.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by janedonez(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2021
Good
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by lessonotes(f): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2021
Don't give yahoo boys a breeding ground. eNaira won't solve anything now.

I just pity the software engineers that have to code that eNaira ready for production by October 1st. All I say is God Speed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by bestman09(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2021
grin
Yet they banned crypto transactions in the banks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by SkgeeBoss(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2021
Yeye dey smell
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Obakoolex(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2021
Huh
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by chukwuibuipob: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2021
sad Yahoo Boyz shining their teeth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by LordIsaac(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2021
Quota system CBN governor. Solido would have done better.
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2021
Nigeria is the best country in Africa, no caps.
I remember telling someone (A Kenyan) I was Nigerian and he said it was a lie grin

In other words, it was like me claiming I was American.
I felt proud shaa. Getting VISA to Nigeria is actually tougher than we think, and yes Ghanaians and other WAs don't find it easy coming in, at least except our Fulani brothers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by JovialJune(f): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2021
Lol have they lifted the ban on cryptocurrency? Very daft government, you ban bitcoin just to create your own bitcoin, mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Dproperties: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2021
Look out to how they'll loot e naira thinking it's gonna rise, Asin the half educated Abuja elites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by emmabest2000(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2021
Bia OP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by 3ple9ine(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2021
Hope after they launch e-naira they would lift the ban on other coins

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Rerun: Voters Beat INEC Staff For Coming With Pre-filled Result Sheets / Nnamdi Kanu: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement, Date To Be Communicated To Parties / Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.