Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN (24437 Views)

October 1: President Tinubu's Independence Day Speech (Video) / Biafra National Guard Loots Shop, Filling Station, Declares War From October 30 / October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Jlow2: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2021
They will shift date like 5times

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2021
otokx:
Someone should please explain the benefit of e-Naira.

It has benefits, but the benefits are matched by disadvantages.

For example, e-Naira should help reduce fraud, but the system can be hacked thereby increasing fraud.

Another example, e-Naira should be flexible and convenient, but then you need an Internet and internet connection. How many Nigerians can afford that?

In summary, every benefit of the e-Naira is cancelled out by a disadvantage.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Hotzone(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2021
Very good if it’s service and purpose will not be hijacked by these terrorists in govment
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2021
SarkinYarki:
You can't even maintain physical naira and you want to create a digital wallet

that has no evidence that it has passed globally recognized certification for security and privacy - that is how hackers will draw down angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2021
otokx:
You take your brain know the benefits of Bitcoin which your country no get control over it ,, na your own country CBN e- Naira go hard you to understand ? undecided
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by 2sexycom(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2021
You are on your own...
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2021
This only means, Bankers will start losing their jobs and there is no use for a bank account anymore.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by cmecproblem(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2021
OP this your heading... Is it an order?
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Hotzone(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

It has benefits, but the benefits are matched by disadvantages.

For example, e-Naira should help reduce fraud, but the system can be hacked thereby increasing fraud.

Another example, e-Naira should be flexible and convenient, but then you need an Internet and internet connection. How many Nigerians can afford that?

In summary, every benefit of the e-Naira is cancelled out by a disadvantage.

But Nigerians have data to download and stream Buhari’s visit to Imo.
Problem of Nigerian youths is that they overlook Nigeria problem and focused on making wealth which they may likely not enjoy because either they base here to face security risk or their investments and loved ones are facing it here so let’s think how to protect each other against each other

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Hotzone:

But Nigerian has data to download and stream Buhari’s visit to Imo
. I wonder wooo !
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by DigitB: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Nairaland is where you find mostly ignorant people forcing themselves to comment on every thread.

Bikonu in matters like this let's allow the experts comment first. Then we sit and learn before contributing
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Blacksavage: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

All these people go fit secure and maintain am

I be nor dey do local before o...

Make this one nor come make me start to dey run local
Boys sit down their own now...una want dey give them more tools and format with this introduction of e naira
gee no mind this punkass peepz dem wan implicate their family..
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Tinubuadvocate: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2021
You are saying what am thinking.
zinaunreal:
There won't be need for banks again. Why send money to Nigeria when I can just use my entire and exchange asap. Lol banks are gone and they didn't even see it coming as big as they are
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by adekolaelect(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2021
It is a welcome development but another way for government to deduct /stealing Nigerians money by legal backing .

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Decentdave:
After banning crypto.So how do we now trade E naira ..confused Godwin Emefile

He thinks people will fall whatever he calls.. it Instead of him to work on d Naria.. na E naria.

Anyway not interested.
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by DonroxyII: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
otokx:
I think it will function like Opay we used then ... Just fund your CBN e naira and you will be transferring between customers........ Just that Enaira will be backed by CBN !!

You have the App, I have the App ... I buy goods from you, I transfer(pay) to your App.... I render service to you, You transfer(pay) to my App ..

Paper currency is about to be eradicated..... we will use little paper money ... Everything now goes on phone !
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by DonroxyII: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sanchez01:
It is best to avoid this sham if anyone knows what they are doing. They banned crypto in Nigeria only to create theirs and then stylishly foisting it on those they deprived of crypto trading. How a country works anticlockwise and in this manner is quite unbelievable.
You can't avoid it ... Once bank stop giving out paper money ... you will be forced to use eNaira ..... Just like Bank direct us to ATM, they will direct you to the App .... If you collect cash, they will charge you for cash ....

They know how they do it !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Yankee101: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
For why now
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Sanchez01: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
DonroxyII:
You can't avoid it ... Once bank stop giving out paper money ... you will be forced to use eNaira ..... Just like Bank direct us to ATM, they will direct you to the App .... If you collect cash, they will charge you for cash ....

They know how they do it !!
You're over thinking this. It can't happen and it won't happen. You realise that this is targeted at the youths, right? What then happens with older people who are uneducated? What happens with traders in the market? Trust me, if they go the way you claim, Northern traders will bleed to death before Southern traders and that they won't allow. The whole thing is an attempt of a desperate government to pretend that it is trendy and youth inclined.

Debit and credit cards serve specific purposes, I'm sure. A darned Nigerian wallet can't kill them anytime soon, let alone overnight. Trust me, this e-Naira show signs of a failed project already
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Illshef(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Toorh
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by omoadeleye(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
They should first do airdrop na

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by neyoohhh: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
Great move.
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by DonroxyII: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

You're over thinking this. It can't happen and it won't happen. You realise that this is targeted at the youths, right? What then happens with older people who are uneducated? What happens with traders in the market? Trust me, if they go the way you claim, Northern traders will bleed to death before Southern traders and that they won't allow. The whole thing is an attempt of a desperate government to pretend that it is trendy and youth inclined.

Debit and credit cards serve specific purposes, I'm sure. A darned Nigerian wallet can't kill them anytime soon, let alone overnight. Trust me, this e-Naira show signs of a failed project already
It is not me overthinking .... i was just stating the obvious

They just want to replace paper money with digital money .....

We have used it via Opay before .... I used Opay wallet for bike, barbing and supermarkets ..... Enter shop, scan the barcode and pay ... Payment confirmed, take your goods and off you go.....

All you do is use bank to fund your eNaira and start spending ..... it's just another channel to make payment .... you can also use your Bank App, ATM and other channels ....

But eNaira is CBN backed that's all !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by EmzyFimma(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
Shey dem no go do airdrop??
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why on earth will I use e-Naira, what for
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by CsRockefeller(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
DonroxyII:
It is not me overthinking .... i was just stating the obvious

They just want to replace paper money with digital money .....

We have used it via Opay before .... I used Opay wallet for bike, barbing and supermarkets ..... Enter the shop, scan the barcode and pay ... Payment confirmed, take your goods and off you go.....

All you do is use a bank to fund your eNaira and start spending ..... it's just another channel to make payment .... you can also use your Bank App, ATM, and other channels ....

But eNaira is CBN backed that's all !!

Oga calm down, yes it will reduce the use of paper money in circulation but to completely compete with it - NO WAY!!

This is not the first time an E-currency is being introduced, this is just another innovation of the same family. Sanusi started with the cashless policy remember? Paper money is as old as Earth itself, you can't take it out, not even the "almighty" Federal Reserves can.
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by anambraamaka: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Oh really
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by LoveJesus87(m): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
zolajpower:
grin
Ladies and gentlemen
Come and see how the dollar will go a record high in the world for 1500/$ grin with the e-naira wallet wahala emefiele has introduced. All this just to thrive the only apex bank gov in Nigeria whose policy helps and benefit the cefa to be stronger than the naira . Anyways , I thank you for your policy because this has helped me a lot each time the dollar goes up because I'm one of the beneficiaries of the dollar to naira grin
how do you benefit, pls enlighten me abeg
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by mbipibama(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
otokx:
Benefits:
They won't spend to print naira anymore.
they can always create more e-naira for themselves anytime they want. (PS: 2023 is coming and more money is needed!)
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by Berbo19(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
“Today the cost of producing the naira and coins is very high. It costs money to print naira in this country. Now, the minting of e-naira is electronic so it reduces cost,”

Nigeria my country ��
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by AngelicBeing: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
sad
Re: Nigerians Will Download E-naira Wallets From October 1 - CBN by KingGBsky(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why will you require documents to exchange your naira to dollar in a sane country?
This country is completely useless under this dumb Buhari I swear.
Useless Fulanis! Dead Fulanis!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Dances To Celebrate His Victory In Osun West Bye-Election. Video / PDP Cannot Dictate To Us How To Conduct Elections, INEC Speaks On Amina Zakari / Gov Akeredolu Tells Herdsmen To Vacate Forest Reserves In Ondo State In 7 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.