Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers (12013 Views)

Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / FG Approves N1.3bn For Design Of 5 Fast Train Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 10:07pm On May 26, 2011
Barely 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan returned the budget to them for reduction the National Assembly yesterday approved a harmonized estimate of N4.484 trillion for the 2011 fiscal year.

The lawmakers also okayed the proposed N1.5billion for ex-Biafran leader, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu and other Biafran soldiers who were pardoned by the federal government.

There was another N27 billion for rehabilitation of the ex-militants in the Niger Delta.

President Goodluck Jonathan had requested the National Assembly to cut down the budget from the N4.9 trillion passed by the parliament to N4.407 trillion.

With the passage of the N4.484 trillion budget, the Senate has added N77billion to the budget for the 2011 fiscal year.

But the Senate President David Mark in a remark yesterday however asked the executive arm of government to ensure full implementation of the 2011 budget. Mark had earlier warned that the National Assembly would not accept any excuses from the executive for non performance.

He said: "I will like to thank you for this expeditious amendment, and I will also urge the executive to ensure the budget passed by the National Assembly."

Of the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation, the total sum of N4,484,736,648,992 trillion Out of this, N417,824,288,743, is for statutory transfers; N495,096, 682,115 only is for debt service; N2,425,065,124,967, is for recurrent (non debt) expenditure while the balance of N1,146,750,553,167 is for contribution to the Development Fund for Capital Expenditure for the year ending on the 31st day of December 2011.

The lawmakers also increased the bench mark for the fiscal estimate from $64 per barrel of crude oil to $75 at a projected 2.3 million crude oil production per day by the federal government.

Exchange rate was fixed at N150 to $1 while the joint venture production was put at $5.4billion.

Out of the N2.425 trillion recurrent budget Defence has the highest allocation of N309, 783 billion followed by Education, N304, 670 billion. The Police got N296, 569 billion; Health, N202, 458 billion and Ministry of Interior received N135, 182 billion. A total of N154.746 billion is approved for pensions and gratuity.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105260439.html
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by ezeagu(m): 10:10pm On May 26, 2011
Getting paaaaaid! grin
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 10:11pm On May 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Getting paaaaaid! grin

u can say that again

thank u uncle jona cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On May 26, 2011
alj_harem:

The lawmakers also okayed the proposed N1.5billion for ex-Biafran leader, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu and other Biafran soldiers who were pardoned by the federal government.

There was another N27 billion for rehabilitation of the ex-militants in the Niger Delta.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 10:12pm On May 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

money nna meee grin grin grin

@ obiagu1, is this ur business plan grin
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by alexleo(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2011
alj_harem:

u can say that again

thank u uncle jona cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dont even know where you stand. today you bash the Igbos, tomorrow you rejoice with them. next day you bash yorubas and at another time you call them your cousins. At another time you talk about being half igbo, then at all times you bear northern name. Are you a hydra headed monster or what. Tell us exactly where you are from and stop all this your camelion attitude.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by xterra2(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I agree, lets us get some boys both from the north and south arm them with weapons and fight the FG
At the end we would get amnesty, the FG would send one of those new presidential jets like the Fokker to pick us, land in Abuja in the midst of full security, get driven to the villa in the Benz S 500 AMG, in a convoy of trained SSS guys, have lunch and have a presidential handshake, and send us abroad to complete our education plus we get billions in 2012 budget,

Are you with me ?

Easy money my people  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aletheia(m): 11:47pm On May 26, 2011
xterra2:

^
If it's easy, ask John Togo.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On May 26, 2011
xterra2:

I agree, lets us get some boys both from the north and south arm them with weapons and fight the FG
At the end we would get amnesty, the FG would send one of those new presidential jets like the Fokker to pick us, land in Abuja in the midst of full security, get driven to the villa in the Benz S 500 AMG, in a convoy of trained SSS guys, have lunch and have a presidential handshake, and send us abroad to complete our education plus we get billions in 2012 budget,

Are you with me ?

If the amount is meant to go in the pockets of these people, na real easy money. Only, I want to know what the money is really for? Is Nigeria apologizing to Ibos? Or is it just that this president is just itching to distribute money?
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by jensinmi(m): 12:36am On May 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Barely 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan returned the budget to them for reduction the National Assembly yesterday approved a harmonized estimate of N4.484 trillion for the 2011 fiscal year.

President Goodluck Jonathan had requested the National Assembly to cut down the budget from the N4.9 trillion passed by the parliament to N4.407 trillion.

With the passage of the N4.484 trillion budget, the Senate has added N77billion to the budget for the 2011 fiscal year.

But the Senate President David Mark in a remark yesterday however asked the executive arm of government to ensure full implementation of the 2011 budget. Mark had earlier warned that the National Assembly would not accept any excuses from the executive for non performance.

He said: "I will like to thank you for this expeditious amendment, and I will also urge the executive to ensure the budget passed by the National Assembly."

Of the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation, the total sum of N4,484,736,648,992 trillion Out of this, N417,824,288,743, is for statutory transfers; N495,096, 682,115 only is for debt service; N2,425,065,124,967, is for recurrent (non debt) expenditure while the balance of N1,146,750,553,167 is for contribution to the Development Fund for Capital Expenditure for the year ending on the 31st day of December 2011.

The lawmakers also increased the bench mark for the fiscal estimate from $64 per barrel of crude oil to $75 at a projected 2.3 million crude oil production per day by the federal government.

Exchange rate was fixed at N150 to $1 while the joint venture production was put at $5.4billion.

Out of the N2.425 trillion recurrent budget Defence has the highest allocation of N309, 783 billion followed by Education, N304, 670 billion. The Police got N296, 569 billion; Health, N202, 458 billion and Ministry of Interior received N135, 182 billion. A total of N154.746 billion is approved for pensions and gratuity.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105260439.html

This is insanity at its highest. 

1. Kindly note that capital expenditure is exactly 25% of the entire budget.

2. The Police are getting almost $2 billion. This makes me wonder why they are still out on the street shooting innocent civilians over N100.

3. It is easy to see all the major avenues that our politicians are using to "chop" in this budget.

Defence is a good avenue for example. These people will buy no new equipment and will still not pay soldier's salaries and pensions on time, yet the money will disappear.

Police - One of the best opportunities for the Inspector General and  Minister of Police Affairs to chop all they want.

Education - How many new schools or universities will the government actually work on improving. Chunks of this money will disappear into the Minister and his cronies' pockets.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THIS COUNTRY.

This budget is a reflection of Goodluck Jonathan's plans for this country - Business as usual

To all those dullards that were expecting new airports, railways, power stations, and such "luxuries", I wish to ask how much of these the $7 billion capital expenditure will provide, especially when you take the fact that implementation is typically less than 50% due to corruption and misappropriation.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by hooklover: 12:35pm On May 27, 2011
It happens there is a lot of 'money miss road 'in nigeria, the same old story and nothing to show on ground. even budget for militants but no budget for the unemployed, In a country relying hugely on imports for survival ;i hope we get to the point we would need to import leaders to give us clear and focused direction, God help us
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by hackney(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2011
1.5billion for ex biafran soldiers? ?
why? ?
when will we ever get good governance in that dump? ?
while there's no water or electricity?

That country is just private property.
[size=18pt]TUFIAKWA[/size]
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Diligence: 12:56pm On May 27, 2011
NOT ENOF - BRING THOSE WAR CRIMINALS TO JUSTICE SUCH AS AWOLOWO (posthumously), OBJ, GOWON, ADEKUNLE, etc who contributed to the pogrom against innocent and harmless women and children instead of fighting their counterparts. They dropped bombs on them (civilians), blocked medical supplies, etc

Except that, the blood of these people will 4eva demand justice and u know blood flow neva stops!

I want to believe that many Biafrans wld rather call this blood money - trust me on that.

And besides, what is Nigerian money -mere pittance - compared to real and true freedom - The Republic of Biafra; where ur full potentials wld be fully utilised to d benefits of the black race and beyond - see what the western world has done to Africa - marrying nigerians together!

The problem nigeria has is in their national anthem and pledge, there is something vital missing - JUSTICE! There can be no peace, unity and progress where and when there is no JUSTICE!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2011
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE THIS HEADLINE
'SENATE APPROVES N20.76 BILLION FOR ALL THE CORPERS THAT ATTENDED THE ELECTION EXERCISE'
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by kayode72: 1:13pm On May 27, 2011
For how long will these madness continue.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by md4real(m): 1:18pm On May 27, 2011
How much is been approves for the nigerian soldiers and volunteers that fought for the unity of this country?
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by naso2(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2011
md4real:

How much is been approves for the nigerian soldiers and volunteers that fought for the unity of this country?
Na question be dis abi na wetin?

xterra2:

I agree, lets us get some boys both from the north and south arm them with weapons and fight the FG At the end we would get amnesty, the FG would send one of those new presidential jets like the Fokker to pick us, land in Abuja in the midst of full security, get driven to the villa in the Benz S 500 AMG, in a convoy of trained SSS guys, have lunch and have a presidential handshake, and send us abroad to complete our education plus we get billions in 2012 budget,

Are you with me ?

Easy money my people  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yoruba say "enu o se" no be for mouth. you get the liver?
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Pilot007: 1:24pm On May 27, 2011
serious
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by md4real(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2011
na_so:

Na question be dis abi na wetin?

just a food for thought, if you pay rebels and those that fought on ur side a struggling to collect peanut as pensions. So what the heck?
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by texazzpete(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2011
Diligence:

NOT ENOF - BRING THOSE WAR CRIMINALS TO JUSTICE SUCH AS AWOLOWO (posthumously), OBJ, GOWON, ADEKUNLE, etc who contributed to the pogrom against innocent and harmless women and children instead of fighting their counterparts. They dropped bombs on them (civilians), blocked medical supplies, etc

Except that, the blood of these people will 4eva demand justice and u know blood flow neva stops!

I want to believe that many Biafrans wld rather call this blood money - trust me on that.

And besides, what is Nigerian money -mere pittance - compared to real and true freedom - The Republic of Biafra; where your full potentials wld be fully utilised to d benefits of the black race and beyond - see what the western world has done to Africa - marrying nigerians together!

The problem nigeria has is in their national anthem and pledge, there is something vital missing - JUSTICE! There can be no peace, unity and progress where and when there is no JUSTICE!

Also bring all the people who ordered the invasion of the midwest to justice.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by kbdrim(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2011
Na wa for naija, 24/7 na to arrange job make boys chop
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by LoveKing(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2011
my pain is for the many nigerian lives at stake due to president jonathan continual a.s,s.s licking. this guy is the s.i unit of. . . . . .
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by LagosBoi2(m): 2:17pm On May 27, 2011
All of them na d same thief "OBJ and his followers", make we try some new ppl come 2015, someone from a different party. We can then hope for a change if not so then we should expect the situation to remain the same as it has always been.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by DaDoctor: 2:24pm On May 27, 2011
I see political and economic novinces everywhere in NL

THEY JUST DABBLE INTO ANY POST AND SAY THE 'NONE' THAT THEY KNOW!!!!!

JUST PRAY THIS WONT COS ANODA TRIBAL WAR IN NL
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 27, 2011

So, all the pardoned Biafran soldiers get N1.5billion and Niger Delta militants get N27 billion.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 27, 2011
They can always keep the money and use it for ojuku's burial if he finally dies.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by basadenet: 2:41pm On May 27, 2011
what has Ojukwu done to warrant this kind of Gesture? Did he actually deserve something? Has he contributed or destroy our economy? where exactly has his impact felt in Country or in Nigeria as a whole? well your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Calculia: 2:43pm On May 27, 2011
I am now convinced we elected the right man for President. No more compliant. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 27, 2011
Uncle jona. Pls dont forget my 200L sch fees o in unilag. The total bill is N826,528.42k. Looting continua.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Bensonite: 3:27pm On May 27, 2011
xterra2:

Are you with me ?

Easy money my people cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You wan die. You get creek to strike and hide. One day na them go finish you all. Nigeria is only buying peace with that amount to keep steady 2.3 million bpd flowing to sustain the budget.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by namfav(m): 3:33pm On May 27, 2011
what a joke
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by violent(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2011
The land that flows with milk and honey. . .

carry go jor, there's a lot more to spend!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting / FG To Introduce Death Insurance For Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram / Army Rescues 16 Kidnapped Women In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.