Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,067 members, 7,832,586 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers (12029 Views)

Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / FG Approves N1.3bn For Design Of 5 Fast Train Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Obiagu1(m): 11:51pm On May 27, 2011
Stop feeding the trolls.

What about 27 billion for militants?
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Onlytruth(m): 11:52pm On May 27, 2011
Posted by: dayokanu

Only truth

So you mean Biafra = Ojukwu? The money is for Ojukwus medical treatment?

That doesnt sound right

Ojukwu is a legend, the legend of a people and their struggle which Biafra stands for.
He epitomizes Biafra, bar none.

Having said that, I repeat, this money is ONLY A TOKEN - A DEMONSTRATION OF GOOD FAITH towards the Igbo.

Someone will have to pay for Ojukwu's medical bills. We (Ndigbo) can do it; but it presents the federal govt of Jonathan with an opportunity to begin the process of reconciliation.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Obiagu1(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2011
If you're sacked from work and that sack becomes nullified, won't you get paid in full?

Is 1.5 billion enough to pay the full compensation for the former Nigeria soldiers turned Biafrans with the current pay scale?

Enough of this bullshit.

If you want to complain, complain about the 27 billion for militants not 1.5 billion to former Nigerian soldiers.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by jason123: 11:54pm On May 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

It is shameful to see a Itsekiris Clinging to the Yorubas as if his life depends on it. Hope wen the Itsekris finally join the yorubas as Nigeria splits, that its utopia

Those were random examples!!! I did not insult anyone!

Chyz*:

Ex-federal nigerian soldiers were compensated.Stop speaking out your azz, dumb-shyt. smh.
Including the families that died in the Lagos bomb, Ore and the Mid-west How much were they compensated with

Onlytruth:

@jason123 -Mr_southern_Nigerian_unity_provided_Igbo_is_serving_Yoruba/Itshekiri,

Read what I said about the price for peace. I don't have time for fools.

If you think for once in your life, maybe you will get it.

As for you, you cannot for ONCE in your "know it all mind" think out of the box in fairness, spirit and truth. All that is in your mind is paranoia and anxiety. Bed belle is not a good thing.

Simple answer what I stated with insulting since I have not insulted anyone. Even for southern unity to be acheved, there needs to be fairness. You cannot favour some people over others. That is not how life is. The Whole country including individual regions, fought a war. How come you support the compensation of Biafrans without compensating others?? Look, I am not here to start this your yoruba vs igbo shit, simply counter my points or move on!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by jason123: 11:55pm On May 27, 2011
Toaskarity:

what kind of hatered do you guys(esp. from the west) really got for igbos!!!! see how you are complaining just for this little money!(yet  you dnt talk about the billions to the ex millitant.) i wonder what most of you will do if somebody from the se becomes the president :-x :-x :-x

There is no hatred here (at least I don't see it). All I am saying is that we should demand for equality, haba! Is that to much to ask for? What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 27, 2011
alj_harem:

we would commit suicide if that happens angry angry angry
ALREADY YOU GUYS ARE COMMITING SUICIDE!!!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 11:57pm On May 27, 2011
jason123:

Those were random examples!!! I did not insult anyone!
Including the families that died in the Lagos bomb, Ore and the Mid-west How much were they compensated with

As for you, you cannot for ONCE in your "know it all mind" think out of the box in fairness, spirit and truth. All that is in your mind is paranoia and anxiety. Bed belle is not a good thing.

Simple answer what I stated with insulting since I have not insulted anyone. Even for southern unity to be acheved, there needs to be fairness. You cannot favour some people over others. That is not how life is. The Whole country including individual regions, fought a war. How come you support the compensation of Biafrans without compensating others?? Look, I am not here to start this your yoruba vs igbo poo, simply counter my points or move on!

good responds to onlylies jason

good one

onlytruth brother, how na
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 11:58pm On May 27, 2011
Toaskarity:

ALREADY YOU GUYS ARE COMMITING SUICIDE!!!

yes we are and after that, the remaining one of us would then hug a 100000M volt cable angry
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Onlytruth(m): 12:00am On May 28, 2011
@jason,

I cannot break it down any further for you.
My replies here are for some of my Igbo brothers who feel insulted by the money. I had to explain to them that it is only a mere token of good will.

I told you I don't waste my time.  cool
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 12:00am On May 28, 2011
jason123:

There is no hatred here (at least I don't see it). All I am saying is that we should demand for equality, haba! Is that to much to ask for? What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
THE EQUILITY HAS BEEN DONE A LITTLE BIT BY GIVING OUT THAT MONEY. ATLEAST THE NIGERIA SOLDIERS WAS PAID TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Onlytruth(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2011
@alj_harem

You missed me sooooo much! grin cool
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by jason123: 12:02am On May 28, 2011
Let me just state that I do not hate Ndigbo oo! I was not attacking Igbos. Simply saying what I felt was right. If I offended anyone, NO VEX!!!

Toaskarity:

THE EQUILITY HAS BEEN DONE A LITTLE BIT BY GIVING OUT THAT MONEY. ATLEAST THE NIGERIA SOLDIERS WAS PAID TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Point taken.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Chyz2: 12:02am On May 28, 2011
jason123:

Lol, when did Lagos get bombered? and also, did the articles say the families that died from the East were getting compensated? Dude, you are brain dead.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 12:03am On May 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

@alj_harem

You missed me sooooo much!  grin cool

yeah man i do grin

how is ur family na, how they are ok brother cool
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 12:04am On May 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Lol, when did Lagos get bombered? and also, did the articles say the families that died from the East were getting compensated? Dude, you are brain dead.

post like a 15 yrs old boy and not 7 yrs old

boy grow up
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Chyz2: 12:04am On May 28, 2011
jason123:

Let me just state that I do not hate Ndigbo oo! I was not attacking Igbos. Simply saying what I felt was right. If I offended anyone, NO VEX!!!
Point taken.

We dont care if u hate us or not. Stop saying MW because the High ranks in the Biafran army were from the MW,dummy.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 12:05am On May 28, 2011
alj_harem:

yes we are and after that, the remaining one of us would then hug a 100000M volt cable angry

WHY DNT YOU START NOW! ATLEAST THE ONE HERE IS GETTING US INVOLVED IN THE GOVT!!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 12:07am On May 28, 2011
Toaskarity:

WHY DNT YOU START NOW! ATLEAST THE ONE HERE IS GETTING US INVOLVED IN THE GOVT!!
shocked shocked shocked so u want me to die brother shocked sad sad sad

i thought we were good brother
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 12:12am On May 28, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL grin grin I DNT WISH SO FOR ANYBODY, BUT YOU DNT KNW THAT SOME OF THOSE SOLDIERS ARE STARVING NOW!!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:12am On May 28, 2011
Lie, we actually love you alj harem, just dat we often misunderstand each other and conflict.

alj_harem:

Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by ak47mann(m): 12:15am On May 28, 2011
Chyz*:

We dont care if u hate us or not. Stop saying MW because the High ranks in the Biafran army were from the MW,dummy.
one thing i have realised some of these kids didn't know their history at all they need to go back to history books is there to preach the truth always gonna surface no matter how much you try to hide it. Brethren s open your eyes don't listen to ignorant people telling you fake stories cus a blind man cannot see what is in front of him till he touches it go and get your facts right b4 comment cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by jason123: 12:17am On May 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Guy, don't try to act naive or stupi.d with me. I know you know what I mean. Even after the invasion, the administrator of the Mw region was an Igbo man, what happened to a Benin man?? What about Uhrobo and co??

My last response on this topic.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Calculia: 12:29am On May 28, 2011
My Edo friends always complain about this igbo administrator of the Mw. Heard this line so many times. The fact is Edo people don't like igbos and believe it or not we can live with dat. And as for the MW, IT IS NEITHER HERE OR THEIR 'talking about the main deltans'
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Chyz2: 12:33am On May 28, 2011
jason123:

Guy, don't try to act naive or stupi.d with me. I know you know what I mean. Even after the invasion, the administrator of the Mw region was an Igbo man, what happened to a Benin man?? What about Uhrobo and co??

My last response on this topic.

And im still trying to figure out your point.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Chyz2: 12:39am On May 28, 2011
ak47mann:

one thing i have realised some of these kids didn't know their history at all they need to go back to history books is there to preach the truth always gonna surface no matter how much you try to hide it. Brethren s open your eyes don't listen to ignorant people telling you fake stories cus a blind man cannot see what is in front of him till he touches it go and get your facts right b4 comment cool cool cool cool cool

A significant officers and men of [i]Midwestern [/i]origin-Delta-Igbos fought on the side of the Biafran Army. Col. Mike Ndukwe Okweuechime, to start with was the Chief of Linguistics, Defence headquarters, Biafran Army till the end of the civil war on January 12, 1970. Navy Commander Frank Anukwu from Ika was in charge of Biafran Navy till the end of the war. Brigadier Nwawo from Aniocha North was General Officer who commanded 4 Command (Special) Division of Biafran Army. Col. Joe Achuzie from Oshimili South was General Officer Commanding (GOC) 16 division.

Late Col. B.S.A. Nwajei from Oshimili North was at a time, the Commander 14 division. Col. Ochei from Oshimili South was Commandant of School of Infantry Biafran Army. Col. Morah and Col. Henry Igboba from Aniocha North and Oshimili North, respectively fought gallantly for the survicval of Igbo people during the war. Late Major Albert Okonkwo from Oshimili North was the Administrator of the defunct Republic of Biafra Mr. George Nwanze from Oshimili North was the secretary to Odumegwu Ojukwu, Head of State defunct Republic of Biafra, to mention but a few. It is important to mention that the above top military Officers and highly respected men of substance from the then Midwestern region, did not fight as mercenaries. I want to state that as a matter of historical fact, I too fought gallantly on the side of Biafra. In fact, I came back from my studies in oversea and was confronted with the war, as Igbo people were been slaughtered all across the North, we had to ran from Jos to Ibusa where I joined Force with the Biafran Army.

Most importantly, it should not be forgotten that late Chukwuma Nzeogwu of Okpanam in Oshimili North died at Oboleke fighting on the side of Biafran Army.

http://ohuzo..com/2010/04/political-suicide-anioma-people-cannot.html
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 12:48am On May 28, 2011
What is all these talk the talk ? Abeg the money should be donated to ojuku's burial.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Chyz2: 12:55am On May 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is all these talk the talk ? Abeg the money should be donated to ojuku's burial.

And right after your alafin's assassination.
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by aljharem3: 12:57am On May 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

na u way wan kill am ? undecided
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 1:00am On May 28, 2011
23million or so for inauguration, 1.5 billion for nothing . . . .some few millions for militants. All this while the nation is suffering.
GEJ nd his putrid air.

@Honerico
Thanks but i think its your women that are lucky, not my brothers because most of them got married as a V. just that me too raunchy to toll their line Tongue and they never did any "girlfriend" stuffs until they were ready to settle down. (Just a tip for you to know how "highly mannered" it was in the family).

We grew up in Lagos (at least from the mid siblings downward) so we are more used to the Yorubas than other tribes including my own bini people.

All in all, if Nigeria divides, the Binis and the yorubas can't be divided, we have alot in common that nothing can come between!

smiley Aseeee!
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by Nobody: 1:00am On May 28, 2011
alj_harem:

na u way wan kill am ? undecided
HELP ME ASKOO?
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by KoReS292(m): 1:05am On May 28, 2011
toss money at the problem and it will all go away, immature reasoning
Re: Senate Approves N1.5 Billion For Ojukwu, Ex-briafran Soldiers by KoReS292(m): 1:08am On May 28, 2011
toss money at the problem and it will all go away, immature reasoning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LASTMA Official In Free-For-All Fight (Photo) / Alhaji Kabiru Janyau, Zamfara State Commissioner In His Own Recorded Leaked Vid / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.