Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai (28039 Views)

Open Grazing: Southern Governors' Position is A Gang Up Against The North' - Ya / Open Grazing: Southern Govs Position Mere Declaration Of Intent - Itse Sagay / Court Affirms Right Of States To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by mimee9(f): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2021
Exclude Lagos
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Naija8240: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2021
The southern states need a local police to enforce this law, because it can’t be Enforced by federal police.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by membranus: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2021
Emergingnation:
Cos the security agencies that ought to carry out the enforcement are being control by the Fulani's...

We have the Amotekun security outfit in the SW, and they are doing a splendid good in curtailing their activities, especially in Ondo State. Kudos to them.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by ibromish(m): 8:11am On Sep 22, 2021
mcbreeze:
This is a big question Southern Governors has not answered. How are they going to implement it? Not just passing anti-open gracing bill.

Fulani herdsmen dare them in Enugu when they were having meetings. Despite banning they pass through State assembly complex

It was not a mistake when cows were struck by thunder in Ogun, Oyo, Kwara
I do not know about South-South and South-East but enforcement already in full glare prior to signing anti-open grazing law.

I will not be subjected to the stupidity of this government and the Northern elites.
Nigeria has no National cows/cattles, why National ranches or open grazing?
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by mecussey(m): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2021
Emergingnation:
Cos the security agencies that ought to carry out the enforcement are being control by the Fulani's...

ESN alone enforced anti grazing in the east. It's a matter of equipping them further ...so Elrufal, dont worry about us, thank you. We will also be happy if you can build enough ranch to accommodate all the herders and the Fulani janjaweedds. We will support you with water. Just run pipe from Atlantic Ocean to Kaduna the way you ran oil pipes. Just tell your herders to steer clear from south we no need them for onward peace and obi adinma.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Ayomi90: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
Na yoruba cause all these see finish. If they had been sensible in 2015, these marauding foolanis would have been kept permanently in their place as immigrant settlers in this country.
I tot u said the election was rigged, is Rev Father Mbaka and his congregation also Yorubas? You need a brain check.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by starz100: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2021
It may not be fully implemented as passed, but the message has been sent as even the northern governors and miyetti alla that were once cold to the idea of ranching are gradually embracing it.
Rome was not built in a day. El-rufai himself admitted that implementation is a gradual process, afterall most Nigerian laws are known for having a challenge of implementation. So, once again, things can never be as before
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by mecussey(m): 8:28am On Sep 22, 2021
Cashio:
whether the law is enforced or north, it is obvious that no Fulani bastard will come to the streets of major towns in the south east with cows and go free.
It has been several months since I last saw any Fulani animal with his brother cows on the streets of awka especially

Yes, ESN did a good job.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by LLiKYekoba: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2021
Rolings:

Only you know what you mean by sensible
Why are you people always victimizing and blackmailing Yorubas for exercising their democrayic right to vote when you were allowed your democratic right to vote.....11 millions voted against Buhari for goodness sake...what are you blabbing
Did anyone tell you democracy was perfect?
So why did ibos and south south also went the way of yorubas in 2019....because in 2019 APC made inroad in the east and south South and lost grounds in the same yorubaland you are trying so hard to vilify.
When ibos and northerners connived to elect Obj which most yorubas reject , yorubas were not blaming anyone but went to work. Whether you people like it or not a yorubaman will be APC candidate in 2023....all this your intimidations and blackmail wont stop it......so get wise and be on yoruba side else you lose out again and your wailing 5.0 will begin....

GetMeRight:

I will respond to your post first, then I will report you to the Mods.
Half of yoruba voters voted for Buhari while the remaining half voted for Atiku. The last time I checked, both are Fulanis and Atiku even has more cattle than Buhari. Lol.
Secondly, you and your people massively voted for Atiku, another Fulani with more cows than what Buhari has. Use your brain next before you comment.

You yorubas cut your nose to spite your faces despite all the warnings other foresighted southerners gave you in 2015 about the nepotistic and irrendentist Fulani bigot called buhari.

You are only shouting for 'southern unity' because you expected the fulanis to share power equally with you but became disappointed because fulani bigots DO NOT SHARE POWER. You were used and dumped, now you are simply trying to return back to the southern fold like lost a puppy with its tails between its legs.

Until you apologize for your hate-propelled alliance with Fulani bigots against southern interest in 2015, we will continue to show you the tree you were carved from even if you think you are gods that do not apologize and accept your own faults.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by jditimiya(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2021
Oga tall man, if they did not do like that will you have the mind and brain to do what you are about to do now? Am just asking you so that you can stand down a bit and understand yourself.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by LLiKYekoba: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2021
Ayomi90:

I tot u said the election was rigged, is Rev Father Mbaka and his congregation also Yorubas? You need a brain check.

Continue to deceive yourselves, I thought you yorubas claim to be 'westerners' and no longer 'southerners' after the 2015 elections? You think internet will forget your treachery this time like it was in the pre-internet days when only you controlled the media.

I'll keep saying the truth to you guys, as bitter as it may sound. yoruba have no moral right to call for southern unity until they accept their political faults.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by LLiKYekoba: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Everybody have moved while people like you are still shouting “Yoruba” upanddown. Had Atiku who had and still have the supports of SE won do you think he would’ve done differently? Someone who hasn’t even come out once to condemn fulani’s atrocities.I guess you would have blamed Yoruba as well. Last last all of una go get sense for South. 2yrs time many of you will still join the queue to Vote for either of the Northerners that will be present by the 2 parties and the blame game go start all over again. Anyways na person wey get Voters card dey vote.

Continue your self-deceit about 'moving on'. You moved from progress in 2015 to Fulani-propelled retrogression remarkably engineered by yorubas like you, yet you deceive yourself about 'moving on'. Odiegwu!
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Decency2020(f): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6762978/sanwo-olu-signs-anti-open-grazing-bill#106004344

I said it here and some people were talking nosense,

Just to catch cruise, all of them will fall for it with the dangling of vp come 2023,

LUUUBISH
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:50am On Sep 22, 2021
Good move by southern governors, who through signing of the anti open grazing law have shown to their people that they are concerned about their security.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by philanj(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2021
But this is pure logic
Xscape1993:
It is well. I am always scare of short people. I don't know why.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by jaxxy(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2021
El rufai must be out of his mind. Why can’t they implement it? They are sending them back to the North were they can graze and destroy ur farms if u like.

2ndly It is not the government’s business to set up ranches for anybody.

This incompetent failure of a governor is still talking trash.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Cantonese: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2021
Safyqueen:

At the end, you are unable to make sense with your write-up. Follow issues and not ethno-religio-tribal egocentricity or bigotry. One Nigeria will still be better than separate parts. What we need in all problems is solution and not exploitation of comparative advantages inside a sovereignty. If we have focused leaders Fulani herdsmen issues are very small to take care of. Leave politics out of it and see it die natural death like what OBJ said to Sharia implementation last time.

Have you deliberately avoided the plain truth that politics and power have brought this country to this level?

Are you saying that ethnicity, tribalism and religion are not the main issues confronting us today?

Can you out of the political class we have today point out one nationalist? Do you want to dodge the biased statement made by our president that an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north? What about other insensitive statements by certain political leaders that have polarised our society and set tribes against each other?

Do you want to pretend that the Fulanis chase people out of their ancestral lands by killing them and destroying their means of livelihood?

If these pressing issues are not addressed, please tell me how emotional wounds would be healed and peace restored considering the women raped and people murdered. Even as the likes of El Rufai ask for public funds to finance what should be private enterprise, how does government intend to restore farms/economy destroyed by herdsmen? Should farmers stay hungry?

How can we talk about one Nigeria when certain political leaders from the north tell the southerners that the presidency is the right of the north?

Do you not see how do divided this country has become in this present dispensation because of very poor political leadership, corruption and selfishness?

Why do we keep pretending in the face of the realities presented to us? Do you think it was an easy decision by the southern governors to keep herdsmen away from people's farms and public roads to avoid more carnage?

Bro, irrespective of the situation, say the truth always and be free. We are all frustrated and wish to live in peace and harmony, but if uninvited visitors come to your house with an intention to harm you, surely you will clap for him.

If you could not find sense in my initial comment, I wonder what you were thinking.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Danosophe(m): 9:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Yes! To an extent, this statement by Mr El-Rufai is true. States that have signed the Anti-Grazing bill into law still have Cows roaming their states freely. How does One sign a bill into law and not put measures, in place, to checkmate it's activities? I guess they're just doing it for the sake of it, so as to be amongst those states that have signed it, just to appease their people.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by ogaemma: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2021
They talk as if Nigeria belongs to them.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Indispensable85(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2021
I first know say hell rufai will be more satanic dan buhari.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by mrover(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2021
Why the rant mr govunor? Too late sir. Even if it takes 20, 30 years to materialise, the fact is that it is now a criminal offense.
What you should do is sensitive the herders to obey the law. Or is he encouraging defiance??
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by gheekhone: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2021
The issue is who bears the cost of building the ranches? Should it be taxpayers or the owners of the businesses? It won't be bad if govt. decides to build with taxpayers money but have a plan for getting it back and even turning profits through fees charged to users of said ranches. But what you find is clamour for building them with public funds just to stop clashes. That doesn't really make sense.

Cognitivereason:
Sentiments aside..what he is saying is not far from the truth..if I could just take time and read the article....

Most of the States who rushed to place such laws should have been quick to creating alternative which is ranching...

There are many laws passed that are not being implemented.. Ur talking as if no be d same 9ja we dey

It will be hard to tame all the herders especially when there are no ranches to go to...the fact is u can't completely obliterate them from our forest if ranches are not available..[quote author=Dapson73 post=106041833]You must be an idiot for saying it's not enforceable now until your terrorist Fulani killed everyone down south. You will now know that Southern governor's will implement the law with immediate effect.
Like Federal government like Kaduna government. God forbids this man to rule this country, he will be worst than Buhari.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Oracleforce: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2021
Insecurity:
Southern Governors Passed Anti-Open Grazing Laws They Know Cannot Be Implemented—Governor El-Rufai

http://saharareporters.com/2021/09/21/southern-governors-passed-anti-open-grazing-laws-they-know-cannot-be-implemented%E2%80%94governor

Now it is obvious who are behind Fulani Banditry, kidnapping and all sorts of assault on human lives along our highway
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by jrex(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2021
Kaduna state collected 7.5b for cow
Still requesting for 140b for cow
Kastina billions
Other nothern states billions
All for cowing....

Can we just restructure this country or return back to protectorate or completely separate this shithole?

I want to know if Elrufai will make this same comment or collect this billions again or even request for another billions for cow purposes.

Billions for cows when when kids/beggars are dragging passersby left and right for #20

Misplaced priority.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Rolings: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

You yorubas cut your nose to spite your faces despite all the warnings other foresighted southerners gave you in 2015 about the nepotistic and irrendentist Fulani bigot called buhari.

You are only shouting for 'southern unity' because you expected the fulanis to share power equally with you but became disappointed because fulani bigots DO NOT SHARE POWER. You were used and dumped, now you are simply trying to return back to the southern fold like lost a puppy with its tails between its legs.

Until you apologize for your hate-propelled alliance with Fulani bigots against southern interest in 2015, we will continue to show you the tree you were carved from even if you think you are gods that do not apologize and accept your own faults.

No apologies for exercising our democratic right to vote whomever we believed will serve our collective interest......just like you did....this is what i understand as democracy.....its no longer democracy when we all vote for one party dont you get it
As far as yorubas are concerned this government is ours irrespective of its short comings and you are only pained for not being a part of this government.....like i said earlier nobody ever said democracy was perfect....its a game of numbers
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by LLiKYekoba: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2021
Rolings:

No apologies for exercising our democratic right to vote whomever we believed will serve our collective interest......just like you did....this is what i understand as democracy.....its no longer democracy when we all vote for one party dont you get it
As far as yorubas are concerned this government is ours irrespective of its short comings and you are only pained for not being a part of this government.....like i said earlier nobody ever said democracy was perfect....its a game of numbers

Then shut your mouth and stop mouthing off about 'Southern unity'. Since the government is yours, why are angling to do another term in 2023. Greedy lots.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Rolings: 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Then shut your mouth and stop mouthing off about 'Southern unity'. Since the government is yours, why are angling to do another term in 2023. Greedy lots.

Who cares about southern unity?.....You lot want to reap where you did not sow....so after ensuring Apc got to power we should give it up to those who never hid their hated for us and were vehemently opposing us just like you are doing on this thread for the sake of one nonsense southern unity...to hell with other southerners if they wont allign with us afterall in the whole south we are the only ones that has been giving Apc block votes....while you have always voted en mass for Pdp...nothing will change in next election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by GetMeRight: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Yorubas voted for Jonathan in 2015, what did they gain? Nothing!
You and your people turned him against sensible Yoruba voices and turned him into your pikin alone. You were shamed during his reelection bid and failed to move forward since then.
Yorubas have benefitted immensely from the Buhari's administration, even more than the combined administrations of Obj, Yaradua and Jona. I have benefitted from Buhari's administration more than all the past administrations combined together. Wailing is yours till Buhari exit in 2023 and till his successor exit too. That's your portion, what you wished and still wishing for.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by GetMeRight: 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

GEJ is reportedly involved now and suddenly you remember Southern Unity! Southern Unity kee u dia!
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by eguarojeona: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lanretoye:
When you people are doing your sharia law,and hisba police,it can be implemented but when the south make their own law,it can not be implemented. Clowns.
They think everyone is as incompetent as they are.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Ayomivic(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
Xscape1993:
It is well. I am always scare of short people. I don't know why.

Let them return to the north where you have plans for them. Sikena
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Ayomivic(m): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
mcbreeze:
This is a big question Southern Governors has not answered. How are they going to implement it? Not just passing anti-open gracing bill.

Fulani herdsmen dare them in Enugu when they were having meetings. Despite banning they pass through State assembly complex

They should put them in kirikiri with their cows as the bubu doing to others and

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DJ Switch: We Will Be Standing Up To Our Oppressors Starting From Lai Mohammed / Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) / HID Awolowo And Oludolapo Osinbajo At Pa Awolowo’s 28th Remembrance Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.