Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. (3410 Views)

Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing / The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) / The Myth Surrounding General Abacha's Death!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by RobbStark(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

Why do you keep behaving like a pig that lacks intelligence?

Even pigs are known to be intelligent, but the way most people here are inadequately intelligent is alarming. So Ijaws were once the owners of Ika land and Asaba? Or maybe Ijaw enslaved all the Igbos in your abstract history?

What happened to the Igbo is a normal thing that is observable when a group loses a war. Most people in the satellite towns in order to minimise their sufferings betray their origins to cozy up with their conquerors.

Mumu piglet, did you see me or read where I said Ijaw own ika??
I am not interested in all your Attachee agenda, I am only concerned with my Ijaw people and territories.
I didn't quote you but since you want to be unfortunate, I will help you be
Y'all Kanu piglets shud stay off Ijaw lands. No inch of our land will be ceded to you jokers.

New week new thread about Bonny n Opobo.
Make Una continue.
Useless set of people going from thread to thread spewing trash as always.

Y'all rants end here. Fish brain

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by paramakina202: 10:24am On Sep 23, 2021
gidgiddy:

Referendum is not here yet but it will one day come. However, referendum only comes to those who agitate for one. Nobody gives referendum those who have no agitation. There is agitation for Oduduwa Republic, we have sll seen it. There is agitation for Biafra, we have all seen it. Nobody has ever seen agitation for Niger Delta Republic and nobody ever will. The reason is that nothing really brings those who call themselves Niger Delta together, except calling themselves Niger Delta.

So it is really sad to see someone who has no agitation, asking those who have agitation, when referendum is coming.

There can be no Biafra without Niger Delta people being part of it geographically speaking more especially the Ijaw people that lives in the Birth of Biafra.Ndi Igbo can only be part of that name if we have a union with Ijaws without that it does not make sense.
How can ndi Igbo name their country Biafra whereas they have no access to the Birth of Biafra?
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2021
RobbStark:

Mumu piglet, did you see me or read where I said Ijaw own ika??
I am not interested in all your Attachee agenda, I am only concerned with my Ijaw people and territories.
I didn't quote you but since you want to be unfortunate, I will help you be
Y'all Kanu piglets shud stay off Ijaw lands. No inch of our land will be ceded to you jokers.

New week new thread about Bonny n Opobo.
Make Una continue.
Useless set of people going from thread to thread spewing trash as always.

Y'all rants end here. Fish brain

But if you are at least more intelligent than a pig, you would have gotten the historical thrust of the write-ups. Or is lack of intelligence one of the peculiar qualities of being you?

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by Captain8(m): 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
paramakina202:

There can be no Biafra without Niger Delta people being part of it geographically speaking more especially the Ijaw people that lives in the Birth of Biafra.Ndi Igbo can only be part of that name if we have a union with Ijaws without that it does not make sense.
How can ndi Igbo name their country Biafra whereas they have no access to the Birth of Biafra?
we Ijaws will not be part of any biafra declared by mumu ojukwu and championed by brain dead kanu..know this and rest.... we are Ijaw republic.... we don't care which area they referred to biafra... all we know is that we are ijaw republic

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by paramakina202: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
Captain8:
we Ijaws will not be part of any biafra declared by mumu ojukwu and championed by brain dead kanu..know this and rest.... we are Ijaw republic.... we don't care which area they referred to biafra... all we know is that we are ijaw republic

No true Igboman want to form a nation with Ijaws only the delusional Igbos are obsessed with the Biafra and Eastern minorities .Let it be known to you that I am not a believer in Biafra agitation in whatever form by the Igbos because it is a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by Captain8(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
paramakina202:

No true Igboman want to form a nation with Ijaws only the delusional Igbos are obsessed with the Biafra and Eastern minorities .Let it be known to you that I am not a believer in Biafra agitation in whatever form by the Igbos because it is a waste of time.
i like this......we won't have got problem with Igbos if kanu had respected our decision and leave us out of his biafra...... I like this is coming from an Igbo man...... This might make me returned some respect to Igbo tribe.....
Kanu almost caused fight between Ijaws and Igbos but God had put him to shame...
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by paramakina202: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Captain8:
i like this......we won't have got problem with Igbos if kanu had respected our decision and leave us out of his biafra...... I like this is coming from an Igbo man...... This might make me returned some respect to Igbo tribe.....
Kanu almost caused fight between Ijaws and Igbos but God had put him to shame...

Kanu and his group are officially an outlawed group in Igboland how can they be speaking for us?
We have elected leaders just like Ijaw people and we have traditional and religious leaders too, have any of those ever claim any Ijaw territory?
Have any Igbo leader put Ijaw leaders on notice of forming a new nation with them or have you seen where a new nation was created from social media like IPOB's Biafra?And lastly,We know our neighbours way back before Europeans set their foot on our land,we have respect for all our neighbours and we also know out boundaries too should incase Nigeria collapses tomorrow.
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by Captain8(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
paramakina202:

Kanu and his group are officially an outlawed group in Igboland how can they be speaking for us?
We have elected leaders just like Ijaw people and we have traditional and religious leaders too, have any of those ever claim any Ijaw territory?
Have any Igbo leader put Ijaw leaders on notice of forming a new nation with them or have you seen where a new nation was created from social media like IPOB's Biafra?And lastly,We know our neighbours way back before Europeans set their foot on our land,we have respect for all our neighbours and we also know out boundaries too should incase Nigeria collapses tomorrow.
my brother.....you very correct

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by Pass11: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
SlayerForever:

I will be back!

cheesy cheesy cheesy see the people Ijaw are claiming

5 Likes

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by SlayerForever: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pass11:

cheesy cheesy cheesy see the people Ijaw are claiming

Thank you very much for sharing this. Lemme investigate it in detail.
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by SlayerForever: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Igboid:
Alolo – the first Christian convert from Igbodo
In a town called Igbodo in West Africa, there is a large mud house, much grander than any other in the town. It was the dwelling place of a big medicine man (named Ofunani) when I first knew it. He was always ready to welcome us as his guests and give us ample room to stay while in the town. As we had to pass through Igbodo to reach other towns in our district, we often accepted his hospitality. He was known far and wide as a medicine man; he had several wives and a great position. He did not care about the Gospel. He seemed never to want to hear it, but he always received us kindly when we went. Let me tell you the story of his wife.
She was a young nice-looking woman – always clean, though most other women looked dirty; and instead of having the sleepy ‘I don’t care’ look usual among the women, her face was striking in its intelligence. Her name was Alolo. She had the usual medicine man’s charms and a small house of her own in which all her personal idols were kept. The Gospel was not quite new to Alolo. She had heard of the Lord Jesus from Yoruba and Sierra Leone traders, and she wanted to know more. From our first visit, she attached herself to us wherever we went. She was known and respected everywhere. The kings of the different towns would listen with some respect to what she said, and she always received the honour given to a medicine man or chief.
In 1905, God gave her another little son (she already had a son and a daughter). How proud and happy she was! She offered no sacrifice to thank her idols, and would not allow the little one’s face to be cut with the tribal marks. To God alone she gave thanks.
But alas! when her baby began to cut his teeth, he sickened and became very ill. She did all she could for him; she appealed for help to her fellow wives and her husband, but they were like stone. They told her it was because she had left her idols and their customs, and they would give her neither advice nor help. So she started out with her dear baby to come to me at Idumuje Ugboko for help. I was away and my house fastened up. There was nothing for it but to tramp the six miles back again. A kind woman called her in to rest, and as, by the flickering light of the palm oil lamp they together looked at the little face, they saw the child was dead. The pitying Saviour was with that poor woman as she carried her dear dead baby that night along the winding bush path through the forest to her home. She was met with the most cruel reproaches from her husband, and with mocking laughter from her fellow women. She went out into the bush and made a little grave there, and buried her bay herself.
About two months later, she came to me with the request that we would visit Igbodo soon, as she wished to destroy her idols. She said they had been nothing to her for many months. She grieved that she had given them a place in her house. She would have destroyed them privately, but thought it might teach some of the Igbodo people if they saw them burnt. A few days later we went. Her husband knew the reason for our visit and, when spoken to about it, said she had no control over Alolo; she always did as she pleased. He carefully absented himself early in the morning, and remained away till the deed was done. There was a remarkable collection of idols for a woman to possess, quite a heap all together in the yard of the house. A crowd of people gathered, and we sang a hymn, “Come to Jesus just now”, and spoke a few words to the crowd. Then Alolo got fire and set the heap alight.
I can only describe one other incident in her life.
Twins had always been thrown away in Igbodo as soon as born. Alone, single handed, Alolo fought against the custom. One day she heard of twins being born, and before the parents had a chance to get them away to the bush she was at the house, and amidst a storm of angry protest she carried the twins off to her house. Her husband was indignant. The other women tore their hair with anger and superstitious fear. The whole town gathered before her door, but she withstood them all. She was left at last, cut off from everyone, with the entrance to her house strewed with ‘medicine’ to cause her death. The babies had been treated too badly and she could not save them. Before many hours they were both dead. Then she was seized by a crowd and taken to a town some distance away where a Government official was staying while on a tour of his district. She was charged with upsetting the peace of the town, a charge which has sometimes been effectual in getting a Christian punished. But in this case the truth was found out.
Her husband died about four years ago, and she is now married to a Christian man and has been baptised together with her children. Without doubt Alolo has been the instrument used by God to bring into existence the Church which is in Igbodo.
~ Culled from Niger Dawn written by Frances Hensley (1954)
Picture and information were sourced here: https://www.idumujeugboko.com/

Hmmm
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by SlayerForever: 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
RobbStark:
You ibos here especially the piglets have refused to learn.

All your attention is bonny n opobo who don't even have your time.

Just so you know OP, the people you talked about that took Christianity to the hinterlands of SE were former slaves of Ibo descents who have had their freedom from their masters then.
So if they wanted to move to the East, who do you think shud have gone,? Is it the Ijaws that own the land or the ibos that can speak the language

Why didn't you mention the names of those sent let's see if they were really ibos or the Ijaws there that speak Ibo.

OP, know this and know peace, Bonny n Opobo are Ijaw lands.
Y'all shud stay clear.

Is this the best you can do.
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by Pass11: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
SlayerForever:

Hmmm

From one opobo Facebook page
,One of opobo dancing group celebrate New yam festival this month in opobo kingdom cheesy grin but they are ijaw people according to some fishermen from bayelsa state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by descarado: 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2021
Igboid:

You can post those here.
That's why I invited you.
What happened to your other moniker nwanna?
Re: Debunking The Myth Surrounding Igbo Language In SS. by wealthtrak: 11:16am On Mar 06, 2022
Igboid:
Alolo – the first Christian convert from Igbodo
In a town called Igbodo in West Africa, there is a large mud house, much grander than any other in the town. It was the dwelling place of a big medicine man (named Ofunani) when I first knew it. He was always ready to welcome us as his guests and give us ample room to stay while in the town. As we had to pass through Igbodo to reach other towns in our district, we often accepted his hospitality. He was known far and wide as a medicine man; he had several wives and a great position. He did not care about the Gospel. He seemed never to want to hear it, but he always received us kindly when we went. Let me tell you the story of his wife.
She was a young nice-looking woman – always clean, though most other women looked dirty; and instead of having the sleepy ‘I don’t care’ look usual among the women, her face was striking in its intelligence. Her name was Alolo. She had the usual medicine man’s charms and a small house of her own in which all her personal idols were kept. The Gospel was not quite new to Alolo. She had heard of the Lord Jesus from Yoruba and Sierra Leone traders, and she wanted to know more. From our first visit, she attached herself to us wherever we went. She was known and respected everywhere. The kings of the different towns would listen with some respect to what she said, and she always received the honour given to a medicine man or chief.
In 1905, God gave her another little son (she already had a son and a daughter). How proud and happy she was! She offered no sacrifice to thank her idols, and would not allow the little one’s face to be cut with the tribal marks. To God alone she gave thanks.
But alas! when her baby began to cut his teeth, he sickened and became very ill. She did all she could for him; she appealed for help to her fellow wives and her husband, but they were like stone. They told her it was because she had left her idols and their customs, and they would give her neither advice nor help. So she started out with her dear baby to come to me at Idumuje Ugboko for help. I was away and my house fastened up. There was nothing for it but to tramp the six miles back again. A kind woman called her in to rest, and as, by the flickering light of the palm oil lamp they together looked at the little face, they saw the child was dead. The pitying Saviour was with that poor woman as she carried her dear dead baby that night along the winding bush path through the forest to her home. She was met with the most cruel reproaches from her husband, and with mocking laughter from her fellow women. She went out into the bush and made a little grave there, and buried her bay herself.
About two months later, she came to me with the request that we would visit Igbodo soon, as she wished to destroy her idols. She said they had been nothing to her for many months. She grieved that she had given them a place in her house. She would have destroyed them privately, but thought it might teach some of the Igbodo people if they saw them burnt. A few days later we went. Her husband knew the reason for our visit and, when spoken to about it, said she had no control over Alolo; she always did as she pleased. He carefully absented himself early in the morning, and remained away till the deed was done. There was a remarkable collection of idols for a woman to possess, quite a heap all together in the yard of the house. A crowd of people gathered, and we sang a hymn, “Come to Jesus just now”, and spoke a few words to the crowd. Then Alolo got fire and set the heap alight.
I can only describe one other incident in her life.
Twins had always been thrown away in Igbodo as soon as born. Alone, single handed, Alolo fought against the custom. One day she heard of twins being born, and before the parents had a chance to get them away to the bush she was at the house, and amidst a storm of angry protest she carried the twins off to her house. Her husband was indignant. The other women tore their hair with anger and superstitious fear. The whole town gathered before her door, but she withstood them all. She was left at last, cut off from everyone, with the entrance to her house strewed with ‘medicine’ to cause her death. The babies had been treated too badly and she could not save them. Before many hours they were both dead. Then she was seized by a crowd and taken to a town some distance away where a Government official was staying while on a tour of his district. She was charged with upsetting the peace of the town, a charge which has sometimes been effectual in getting a Christian punished. But in this case the truth was found out.
Her husband died about four years ago, and she is now married to a Christian man and has been baptised together with her children. Without doubt Alolo has been the instrument used by God to bring into existence the Church which is in Igbodo.
~ Culled from Niger Dawn written by Frances Hensley (1954)
Picture and information were sourced here: https://www.idumujeugboko.com/
Insightful... Yoruba and Sierra Leonian traders in Igbodo (located today in Ika North-East of Delta State).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taraba State Governor Looses Polling Unit To Obi. / Video : Rinu Talks Tough About Tinubu And Atiku On France 24 TV / Original Copy Of The More You Look, The Less You See Govt Of Tinubu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.