Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank (22670 Views)

Providus Bank Recruitment / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / First Bank, Whtycleon Sacking Staff Massively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by cruzydal(m): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2021
move
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by highoctane: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2021
Risk is essential, there is no growth in staying in a comfortable zone.
1: He will be prepared to lose his job at any of the new banks if another consolidation comes up.
2: Temptation of a higher salary will be his undoing, because it will bring a higher lifestyles.,No savings. Large tv, expensive devices, chains of girls, booze, pay for what others consume, soft apparels. You Know What I Mean?.
3: My advice, let him move to any of the banks, plan an exit comfort budget., Invest in movable, unmovable or intellectual properties.
For essential growth in the new marketplace, he should be productive by offering solutions to needs, and customer service edge.
Being a regional bank doesn't matter example Wema bank has weathered many storms.
OP, you are the person, don't come here seeking advice for your friend.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by oyejideogunjumo: 9:14am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:
A friend asked me for advice. He works with the treasury department of First Bank and wants to move to either Providus Bank or Globus Bank because they pay better according to him. I have questioned why he wants to move from a bank with international reach to a bank with regional reach. Do you guys think it is a good move for him?
I will advise him to look well before he leaps.
Nigeria economy is not that good for trial and error.
Half bread is better than no bread at all.
The level of labor market has lately swollen.
He should plan with the the little but timely and regular.
My advice though

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Mcfi(m): 9:14am On Sep 22, 2021
Abatemtem:
If he like, make he go collect work for powerbank...money and career development be koko

Ha God! Una no go kill person
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by OhiOfIhima: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2021
mfm04622:

You want your friend sacked!
With this information, he can be identified and sacked. Must you name the bank he is presently working for? Did he ask you to post it In a public forum?

AlaayƩ! Forget about this, Shay d friend involved is the only person working for first Bank nii... What we fear most, kill us more! If you need to name the branch, go ahead to do so... Nothing dey happen!

3 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by mfm04622: 9:22am On Sep 22, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

AlaayƩ! Forget about this, Shay d friend involved is the only person working for first Bank nii... What we fear most, kill us more! If you need to name the branch, go ahead to do so... Nothing dey happen!

He mentioned a particular department! That department do not have many staff. His friend is easily identified

5 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by clothingonline(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2021
Premiumwriter2:
If you want to buy an aged twitter account, kindly contact me.

It's a five year old account. This is not your regular dust up account and ready to sell.

I've been very active with the account with over 5000 tweets. It has 1300 followers.

Price is 3.5k

070173@741 40

Do you have iG Acct of this number too interested
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by lanre88(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2021
As an ex banker, it pays to move majorly because of position not because of money.

You grow faster with that, money would follow suit.

Most importantly think of what next after banking. Many bankers fall victim of this.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by rollywise(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2021
He's leaving one enslavement to another. Go open your business

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Burchester: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2021
Both are good bank, Providus has been around and will be better but globus is starting. Haven't fully established.

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by focus7: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:
A friend asked me for advice. He works with the treasury department of First Bank and wants to move to either Providus Bank or Globus Bank because they pay better according to him. I have questioned why he wants to move from a bank with international reach to a bank with regional reach. Do you guys think it is a good move for him?
A clear indication that your friend like many is only driven by cash, he lacks vision.
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by tradepunter: 9:41am On Sep 22, 2021
mfm04622:

With this information, he can be identified and sacked. Must you name the bank he is presently working for? Did he ask you to post it In a public forum?

But the bank could be in any part of the country.

And according to the op it was a personal and private conversation between both of them.

So are you telling me the bank would now scan through thousands of bank branch across the entire region to fetch who wants to quit?? grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by lonelydora: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:

At what level of his career is he right now? Beginner, Mid-level, or Top?

If he's a beginner or mid-level, his driving motive now is money. He should move to where the salary is bigger. Gain expee while earning well.

If at the top, he should stay with First Bank because there's nothing again to learn in the regional bank.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by mfm04622: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2021
tradepunter:

But the bank could be in any part of the country.

And according to the op it was a personal and private conversation between both of them.

So are you telling me the bank would now scan through thousands of bank branch across the entire region to fetch who wants to quit?? grin

This is a public forum. Staff of the bank are here. They may pick it and act on it. That department is a Head Office department. Not many staff.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by crazygod(m): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2021
Bankers. I really feel for them. The kind of sweat and blood they spill just to meet target, not easy at all. Even the operation staff are not exempted from the madness. cry

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by TheAlchemist: 9:45am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:

Tell your friend to get out of the country... Nigeria is getting poorer as a Nation.

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by drezzyx(m): 9:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Nothing like peace of mind. Everything is not about the money, I quit my job just to get peace of mind.
I just need money to start my own business.

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by snoopz: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2021
Providus and the other one is still growing, who knows he can be their executive sooner or later and grow with them

3 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by RodgersAkpafu: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2021
MMempire:
His Job, his headache.
If you had nothing to say
You should have just kept shut
What's the problem with many of you on this platformundecided

2 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Draxy(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2021
I would advice him to move, get the higher pay, use it to get more certifications and educations. In a few years time , there might be opening in Big First bank and boom he/she is back as a boss with more pay. NIGERIA PRESENTLY NA MORE MONEY BE D KOKO......... things are sky rocketing like kilode, so any opportunity to make more money, abeg dive am madly.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by TheSociopath(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:

More chance for him to reach top level faster. Too many bottlenecks in the old generation banks, it takes a lot to reach the top

3 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Tinyemeka(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:

1. Movement with promotion
2. Providus and Globus are fast-growing banks. Career progression would be much quicker in such organisations compared to FBNH.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Kobicove(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2021
josh001:

Ask him to move if he has spent at least 3 years in First Bank and has done his investigations...his career will thank him for it!

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by josh001(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2021
PapaMama9ja:
Yes First Bank is Bigger but he has quicker growth option with Globus as at Today. Movement is the surest way to grow

I agree too. This was my advise to him too. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Blackman101: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2021
things to consider
1. his age
2. pay different
3. his vision (were he like to see himself in 10 years time)
4.location

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by Tinyemeka(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2021
drezzyx:
Nothing like peace of mind.
Everything is not about the money,

I just need money to start my own business.

A deep introspection would be appropriate, to better understand what you're really seeking.

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by josh001(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2021
mfm04622:

My friend is safe, I took measures, do not worry. Thank you for your concern.
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by josh001(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Let him go o
It's the next level that matters
He can still come back to FBN

I agree too. I only fear a consolidation and consequential job insecurity.
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by josh001(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2021
seunoj:

Three questions
Is the job function what he likes?
Is the pay difference very good?
Is growth gteed in FBN?

The fastest way up is to move around. Even the promoters of the new banks moved from FBN,Zenith etc.

Answers
1. Yes he likes the job and moving to same role
2. About a hundred thousand naira more is good I guess
3. Growth is not guaranteed in FBN. It is down to policy.

I am not comfortable with him considering the New Gen. Banks tho due to the possibility of consolidation and the consequential job insecurity. I guess his game plan should be to have the job only as a ladder to his exit plan
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by josh001(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2021
highoctane:
Risk is essential, there is no growth in staying in a comfortable zone.
1: He will be prepared to lose his job at any of the new banks if another consolidation comes up.
2: Temptation of a higher salary will be his undoing, because it will bring a higher lifestyles.,No savings. Large tv, expensive devices, chains of girls, booze, pay for what others consume, soft apparels. You Know What I Mean?.
3: My advice, let him move to any of the banks, plan an exit comfort budget., Invest in movable, unmovable or intellectual properties.
Being a regional bank doesn't matter example Wema bank has weather many storms.
OP, you are the person, don't come here seeking advice for your friend.

Wow, fantastic, thank you.

I am definitely showing him this. Lol, no I am not the one. I don't see the need of hiding behind a friend, afterall this is a faceless forum.
Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by gazza07(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2021
He should consider moving to Canada. But for the options available, first remains the best among his choices

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank by josh001(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2021
focus7:
A clear indication that your friend like many is only driven by cash, he lacks vision.

Oftentimes, cash is the fuel of vision. Do not be bought over by unrealistic motivational hogwash. Get the cash to sponsor your vision.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Slapped By My Employer / How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.