Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days (24835 Views)

Saudi Arabia Holds Recruitment Exercise For Nigerian Doctors In Abuja (Videos) / FG Blamed As Saudi Arabia Recruits Nigerian Doctors / Saudi Arabia Recruitment Of Nigerian Doctors 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by onuman: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
donaldeke:

https://punchng.com/uk-employs-353-nigerian-doctors-in-100-days/

https://www.reporterswall.com/united-kingdom-employs-353-nigerian-doctors-in-100-days/

Medical practice in Nigeria is Western trade.

Everything Western is Haram in the minds of those ruling Nigeria today.
It’s gonna get worse after 2023 if the bickering among the politicians in southern regions enables another Almaji to succeed PMB.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by ceaser: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ojebo stated, “If 353 Nigerian doctors have been licensed in the last 100 days, I am sure the figure will double within the next one month. The strike has opened the eyes to the doctors that Nigeria does not care about them.

This is the frank truth. The only limiting factor now for doctors leaving Nigeria for the UK is the spaces available for PLAB 1. Once UK deems it fit to increase the slots available for exams to hit the 1000 seats mark, you can eb sure that the number of applicants will triple. As intensive as the application is, when Nigeria exam slots got exhausted, some guys applied for slots in Ghana, Sudan, and South Africa exam centres. Even some applied in as far as UAE and the UK itself. It will only cost a few thousand naira extra in flight and accommodation, but it is usually worth the stress and the money spent.

As I speak, hundreds of Nigerian doctors already have IELTS. They are only waiting for the portal to open for PLAB one registration in the coming weeks. By February-March 2022, they will write the exams and start prepping for PLAB 2 (which has no problems with spaces) within 6 months.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Ameduedwin: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
naija
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by stasius: 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
Our politicians will still travel to UK with the poor masses' money, to get treated by the Nigerian doctors.

Funny enough the poor masses are cool with it. They won't revolt!!!

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by deeptechcool(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmn. It is well. Like I stated in a similar thread. It's not a big deal to migrate. I just wish they are leaving with their own parents and siblings because no one will cater to them for them.

As a matter of fact, it is everyone's right to migrate to anywhere to seek greener pastures and you don't even need to be educated.

When overseas, I see a lot of foreigners loaded in long buses and being daily conveyed to their work sites and same workers can do same work in their native land but opted to work overseas to earn more so it's not a big deal rehashing the overused excuse that they are paid well overseas. We get it. We equally get why the Cuban doctors will rather stay back for their own parents and country. It's all about value system and personal choices. Nobody should judge them. Even garbage collectors overseas earn more than same modestly paid hardworking garbage collectors here in Lagos.

It is the propaganda and sensational way the news of a doctor transferring his or her service from Nigeria to overseas like every professional and non professional does in most developing countries, is being used that makes me to reflect on why folks, especially healthcare professionals, who choose to stay back can call their bluff whenever they need the help of those who stayed behind to build.

Those migrating overseas can't eat their cake and have it. Nobody will take care of their parents and siblings for them to the best of their satisfaction. It perfectly reminds me of perhaps why no one took the son of the late CBN deputy governor serious when he was 'instructing ' the doctor here to do CPR on his dad when the guy already did so and the man had passed out but the son kept thinking he could fill his absence on a phone at a time his father critically needs him and would have wished to be under his care .

It's not a secret that nobody takes them serious when they call on phone to intervene after fleeing overseas.

That's why they should learn from the experiences of others. To avoid such scenario, if I am in their shoes,I will rather go with my parents than bank on the folks you are leaving behind. The folks they are leaving behind today to build Nigeria will not abandon their own parents to cater to your parents you are leaving behind.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.

Sorrow cry cry What an unfortunate comment.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Guardiola84: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
directonpc:
Are they taking native doctors?

Hahahahahaha kai this country eeh!!OK na
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by MeeLan: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
In the US and UK, health workers feel cheated because they were promised to be first priorities to recieve covid vaccines, but vaccines came & it didn't really go as planned, several health workers has been infected, some dead, some quit. The country needed more hands in the Frontline and guess what, Africans won't mind, (before nkor? Ehen nawn) they took up the jobs with minimal conditions, it favours both parties both the employer and the new black employees.
#CovidBenefit

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Theunbothered: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
We need more medical schools to churn out doctors like a factory line.

It won't mean anything if the government can't pay them
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by lanxebony(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
Meanwhile, within Jan to this June over 7000 nurses crossed over to practice in the UK. Let Nigeria govt dey there .
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Guardiola84: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=donaldeke post=106063288]
https://punchng.com/uk-employs-353-nigerian-doctors-in-100-days/

https://www.reporterswall.com/united-kingdom-employs-353-nigerian-doctors-in-100-days/[/quote

A country we were managing jejely until some witches n wizards from Yoruba land n d north brought a deadbrain sadits, religious n tribal bigot called Bihari,packaged him n brainwashed d smaller witches n wizards in Nigeria n they imposed him on innocent Nigerians ,they made him president despite all d warnings ,now look at what d idiot has turned naija into,abegi anybody wey see way to escape from this buhari abegi no waste time ooo!foolish ndi ofenmmanu!

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Red7ven: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
We are recruiting both new and experienced content writers to join our Creative Writing Hub.

This is an opportunity to earn big time from Content Writing.

Remuneration is 500,000 Naira as there are constant projects to work on. Some candidates will earn up to One million Naira

There will be mentorship to help you become better and attain mastery

If this opportunity interests you, indicate interest by sending a message to 07054011454

Thanks for reading
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Champneys: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
These are times Nigerians need to look after their health more.

Eat well, exercise, rest more and stress less.

You are on your own o, if you no be elite and you no get money to procure emergency, quality and expensive healthcare, look after yourself!

Lastly, Buhari and APC, enikuuuure gbogbo!
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by guychidile: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Do we have enough. Why not government listen to these Doctors and agree terms with them.
Nigeria is losing o!
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Bizibi(m): 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Cousin9999:
There's no way this isn't intentional and financed by foreigners. No way. Some people are clearly being paid very well to cause this collapse, like other major problems. It might even be oyinbo's way of lashing out because they're still angry Africans haven't had the same Chinese flu casualties.

But they do this stuff with Nigeria specifically because of its size, resources, and the mentality of Nigerians. These sick oyinbos are terrified of Nigerians living well. They really are.
excuses like this irritates me.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by labisibrass(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmn. It is well. Like I stated in a similar thread. It's not a big deal to migrate. I just wish they are leaving with their own parents and siblings because no one will cater to them for them.

As a matter of fact, it is everyone's right to migrate to anywhere to seek greener pastures and you don't even need to be educated.

When overseas, I see a lot of foreigners loaded in long buses and being daily conveyed to their work sites and same workers can do same work in their native land but opted to work overseas to earn more so it's not a big deal rehashing the overused excuse that they are paid well overseas. We get it. We equally get why the Cuban doctors will rather stay back for their own parents and country. It's all about value system and personal choices. Nobody should judge them. Even garbage collectors overseas earn more than same modestly paid hardworking garbage collectors here in Lagos.

It is the propaganda and sensational way the news of a doctor transferring his or her service from Nigeria to overseas like every professional and non professional does in most developing countries, is being used that makes me to reflect on why folks, especially healthcare professionals, who choose to stay back can call their bluff whenever they need the help of those who stayed behind to build.

Those migrating overseas can't eat their cake and have it. Nobody will take care of their parents and siblings for them to the best of their satisfaction. It perfectly reminds me of perhaps why no one took the son of the late CBN deputy governor serious when he was 'instructing ' the doctor here to do CPR on his dad when the guy already did so and the man had passed out but the son kept thinking he could fill his absence on a phone at a time his father critically needs him and would have wished to be under his care .

It's not a secret that nobody takes them serious when they call on phone to intervene after fleeing overseas.

That's why they should learn from the experiences of others. To avoid such scenario, if I am in their shoes,I will rather go with my parents than bank on the folks you are leaving behind. The folks they are leaving behind today to build Nigeria will not abandon their own parents to cater to your parents you are leaving behind.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.

Under what influence did you type this. Oni katikati

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Biodun556(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
CrazyGranddad:

If that is what we are good at, let's have more medical schools. This only give credits to our education system. There are foreign doctors in Nigeria two. After all, government can not employ all our medical doctor even if it is willing to.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
The UK is preparing for the Great depression by equipping their medical sector.
Meanwhile, Naija is busy exporting theirs.
Well, we have Demi-god Pastors & Native doctors to fill you these huge spaces & confront the devil.
A NEW PANDEMIC is Loading.
Won't be surprised to hear an outbreak of smallpox.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by poweredcom(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
In naija now pray not to fall sick that need hospital placement

Or pray not to get accident ooo from okada ..cos igbobi go shenk u
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by amaham(m): 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

It is the propaganda and sensational way the news of a doctor transferring his or her service from Nigeria to overseas like every professional and non professional does in most developing countries, is being used that makes me to reflect on why folks, especially healthcare professionals, who choose to stay back can call their bluff whenever they need the help of those who stayed behind to build and not run away .

U actually made sense. The way the Yankee Drs would call and feel helpless when their relatives are ill is so emotional. They'll be mentioning high-end intervention that would have happened if their relatives were in overseas, but they forget to hustle Visa for their parents as they are hustling their own

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

It is the propaganda and sensational way the news of a doctor transferring his or her service from Nigeria to overseas like every professional and non professional does in most developing countries, is being used that makes me to reflect on why folks, especially healthcare professionals, who choose to stay back can call their bluff whenever they need the help of those who stayed behind to build and not run away .

People are looking to better their lives and you call them enemies if Nigeria, what will you call PMB who shamelessly run to UK for treatments and never invest in the medical industries back home.
Your logic and the way you reason is part of the reason why Nigeria is a cesspit.
The likes of you, PMB, Emefiele and most Nigerian politicians are the enemies of Nigeria.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by frog12: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
hahaha

MALIGNANTGuest:

The UK is preparing for the Great depression by equipping their medical sector.
Meanwhile, Naija is busy exporting theirs.
Well, we have Demi-god Pastors & Native doctors to fill you these huge spaces & confront the devil.
A NEW PANDEMIC is Loading.
Won't be surprised to hear an outbreak of smallpox.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by bigcasava1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
After my son finishes his medicine study I don fly him away. No be for this naija my money go waste

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
amaham:

U actually made sense. The way the Yankee Drs would call and feel helpless when their relatives are ill is so emotional. They'll be mentioning high-end intervention that would have happened if their relatives were in overseas, but they forget to hustle Visa for their parents as they are hustling their own
U think it's easy to hustle visa for everyone. Anyway, Talk is cheap.
Don't worry you go join us soon
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by TeeGentle(m): 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
GOOD DECISION
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by baloney: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
All the doctors in Nigeria can even migrate abroad, if they like, who cares, na dem Sabi y dey no want stay...
cool shocked cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkMXH5V7aQ&feature=youtu.be
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Benwems(m): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
Vickym1:
What a corn-tree that doesn't care about the wellbeing of their doctors buh frequent UK and still be treated by the same Nigerian doctors.. Ndị ara
They employ them as GP not as specialist(consultant)
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
who will pay them?

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Benwems:

They employ them as GP not as specialist(consultant)
Not true, many nigerian specialists are in the UK
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
na2016:
Our politicians and leaders need to act fast. This same thing is happening across all areas in Nigeria.
why? They go to the UK and get treated there.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Comedian2019: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
FVckbubuDcow:
The situation of this country is so so heartbreaking.

Thunderstorm strike the lifeless bigot in Aso Rock and his supporters/defenders dead inshallah amin
Thunder will not strike them. You either vote him out, impeach him or you join the doctors to jaapa and live in a sane place.
Re: United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days by Comedian2019: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
bigcasava1:
After my son finishes his medicine study I don fly him away. No be for this naija my money go waste
You deserve one bottle of Origin. You too get sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Commandments To Get A Job In Nigeria Easily / Message From A Scammer. / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2024 (NNBTS BATCH 36)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.