Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,550 members, 7,843,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police (2478 Views)

Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. / Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences / Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
Before I begin, I would like to recognize the efforts of disciplined policemen...and that is to be candid. However, the activities of bad policemen are like an epidemic.

Mine:

1. During that time in Lagos when the coins and polymer notes were newly introduced, the police have actually arrested me unjustly.

If you recall, they were this policy not to rumple the legal tender. These guys arrested me for having a wet note. And they could clearly see I was drenched by the rain that was still falling. Of course, they needed a quick bail sum even when I begged I was a student.

2. This is a recent event shortly after the #EndSars protest. I was waylaid by the NPF, searched, and found nothing implicating. I was having my PC and was ordered to provide the receipt and unlock it which I did. They didn't even know how to navigate but they found nothing.

I told them I was a content writer. One was like “wetin that one mean?” I met one and was brotherly trying to explain I was on an urgent errand: “officer, please sir, pity me, I am running to get an inhaler for my boss who's asthmatic, and who forgot his at home. The police should be our friend, right? I am not a fraudster.” He rebuked me, turning deaf ears to my plea, but defiant: “my friend, shut up, I am not your friend, my friend.” In anger, he collected my phone and accused me of having “Office” on my phone...even when I was trying to let them know it was the mobile version of Microsoft Word. Every content writer knows that the Android version of Microsoft Word is named Office.

This was daylight robbery. I was labeled a Yahoo boy, and extorted ₦15k or “be sent to cell and rot...or who knows, killed. My phone was seized unless I wanted to call sb who'd bail me that moment. I also lost my job that day cos it was the same day I went to get my boss his inhaler. He could have died.

I was sacked without a fair hearing. My hatred for the police was graven since that day... until recently I started to let things slide. Recently too, I had a call with a senior police officer, and his nobility was topnotch: he was the one who made me know that some nice policemen still exist.

Well..

Have you had such bad experiences?

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominque
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
I drove without license and was caught..
We settled amicably with exchange of numbers..

Why I love them is that if you don't argue with them even 200naira can go a long way.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
lilvicky68:

Why I love them is that if you don't argue with them even 200naira can go a long way.. grin

Have the members of the Sars touched you before?

The only time me and dem dey kwata am na when I bin dey military school.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
chatinent:

Have the members of the Sars touched you before?

The only time me and dem dey kwata am na when I bin dey military.
If you're dressed well with good hair cut.. you will likely not encounter SARS..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Boogyman557: 7:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool I WAS CAUGHT WIT A KUSH. ABOUT 4 KUSH. MY MUM CAME TO BAIL ME D NEXT DAY. D WORST PART IS THAT I HVE ALREADY ROLLED DAT KUSH. IS JUST TO GET HOME AND LITE UP.. WTF MAN

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
lilvicky68:

If you're dressed well with good hair cut.. you will likely not encounter SARS..

Oga, I dressed well. Tucked my sleeve shirt in, wore a pair of sunglasses, a well-ironed and a well-polished shoe.

The uncle even made a statement about it saying na “we” wey dey dress corporate be the main boys “dem dey find.”

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by SportsHD: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
Fucck the police all day everyday.
They wanted to extort me for having crypto apps on my phone when cbn announced the ban on crypto trading. I told them I'll call my friends mom who was a DSP and they left me.

Also, they wanted to extort me for having cigarettes butts in the car, I pulled the DSP card again. Even offered them cigarettes sef.

Around 2017 too, they wanted to extort me because I'm a vlogger, took me to their station at liberty stadium, checced my PC for anything relating to fraud, I showed them all the videos. They later said I should give them something for fuel? Fuel? Me wey you waylay on my way to school, take me comeback your station, you're still asking money for fuel? I just packed my PC and got tf outta there.

Late 2017 too, them niggas caught me with weed grin I was just smiling because nigga was heavy stoned. They took me to the station and called my mom. Mom came with LGA chairman's wife, they gave them 5k and, I got sat down by the two women and, they gave me advice on how weed turns one mad and all. Says they're going to take me to ndlea their self next time they catch me with weed.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool I WAS CAUGHT WIT A KUSH. ABOUT 4 KUSH. MY MUM CAME TO BAIL ME D NEXT DAY. D WORST PART IS THAT I HVE ALREADY ROLLED DAT KUSH. IS JUST TO GET HOME AND LITE UP.. WTF MAN

Mehn..

Your mum knows you are a kusher?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
chatinent:

Oga, I dressed well. Tucked my sleeve shirt in, wore a pair of sunglasses, a well-ironed and a well-polished shoe.

The uncle even made a statement about it saying na “we” wey dey dress corporate be the main boys “dem dey find.”
Ah..
omo.
.maybe them bin never catch anybody that day..
I hardly see them..the last time I encountered them was when they were picking random boys with dread around Uniport area..
Omo. Their motor full that day..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
lilvicky68:

Ah..
omo.
.maybe them bin never catch anybody that day..
I hardly see them..the last time I encountered them was when they were picking random boys with dread around Uniport area..
Omo. Their motor full that day..

The way they pick guys in dread was a shocker..even in my area. Man, you gat see boys for my backyard dey use razor dey naka skin in zero zero minutes.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
chatinent:

The way they pick guys in dread was a shocker..even in my area. Man, you gat see boys for my backyard dey use razor dey naka skin in zero zero minutes.
Lol..
Some of their dread self dey look malnourished..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2021
lilvicky68:

Lol..
Some of their dread self dey look malnourished..

I don't know if it's only me but I can't keep afro self. If me hair pass one and half week, en don dey scratch me.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by mariahAngel(f): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
chatinent:

I don't know if it's only me but I can't keep afro self. If me hair pass one and half week, en don dey scratch me.

My brother usually say that.

I’ve always wondered how come. undecided
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2021
They stopped me ..one was shouting park park ..I parked o..come dey ask me where ya papers.?
Look am ..come tell am say baba ah no get paper set which paper are you talking about ....
...I just smile common 200 ..fold am for him hand ..hin just leave me lol ..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

My brother usually say that.

I’ve always wondered how come. undecided
Guess it's natural.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
SportsHD:
Fucck the police all day everyday.
They wanted to extort me for having crypto apps on my phone when cbn announced the ban on crypto trading. I told them I'll call my friends mom who was a DSP and they left me.

Also, they wanted to extort me for having cigarettes butts in the car, I pulled the DSP card again. Even offered them cigarettes sef.

Around 2017 too, they wanted to extort me because I'm a vlogger, took me to their station at liberty stadium, checced my PC for anything relating to fraud, I showed them all the videos. They later said I should give them something for fuel? Fuel? Me wey you waylay on my way to school, take me comeback your station, you're still asking money for fuel? I just packed my PC and got tf outta there.

Late 2017 too, them niggas caught me with weed grin I was just smiling because nigga was heavy stoned. They took me to the station and called my mom. Mom came with LGA chairman's wife, they gave them 5k and, I got sat down by the two women and, they gave me advice on how weed turns one mad and all. Says they're going to take me to ndlea their self next time they catch me with weed.

Mehn.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
33bandit:
They stopped me ..one was shouting park park ..I parked o..come dey ask me where ya papers.?
Look am ..come tell am say baba ah no get paper set which paper are you talking about ....

Lol. Crazy people.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
33bandit:
The power of 200 on police cannot be overemphasized.. grin
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
lilvicky68:

The power of 200 on police cannot be overemphasized.. grin

Best way to deal with them is become cool and just be laughing with them....most of them are cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Magnoliaa(f): 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

This is really really pitiful, though. sad That common #200 can go a long way to them. They are not saints, but I still feel for them. It breaks my heart the way the country is. Sighs.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

This is really really pitiful, though. sad That common #200 can go a long way to them. They are not saints, but I still feel for them. It breaks my heart the way the country is. Sighs.
It's like you just want your heart to break for nothing.. grin

Police are making cool cash here and your shredding hearts for them..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Magnoliaa(f): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

It's like you just want your heart to break for nothing.. grin

Police are making cool cash here and your shredding hearts for them..

Mtcheew. But where the dignity in that? Wo. You're right. Lemme pack my empathy and the pieces of my heart. The people for the country no deserve am.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Mtcheew. But where the dignity in that? Wo. You're right. Lemme pack my empathy and the pieces of my heart. The people for the country no deserve am.
Dignity?

There's something about money and bribing..even a rich office holder can be bribed with 1k note.. just present the money well..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Magnoliaa(f): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

Dignity?

There's something about money and bribing..even a rich office holder can be bribed with 1k note.. just present the money well..

Yes. Dignity. And following protocols. Doing things the way they ought to be done. It doesn't matter that bigger and 'better' people are doing it, what's wrong is wrong and really saddening.

What is the point?? I'll never understand greed. Greed when you don't have? Kinda understandable. But greed when you have, as in the case you described? I don't get.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Yes. Dignity. And following protocols. Doing things the way they ought to be done. It doesn't matter that bigger and 'better' people are doing it, what's wrong is wrong and really saddening.

What is the point?? I'll never understand greed. Greed when you don't have? Kinda understandable. But greed when you have, as in the case you described? I don't get.
Majority of Nigerians do not follow protocol..I like people doing things the right way but I also like doing it the easier way..
I can see a group of people queueing for a particular reason and decide not to queue..I will end up spending lesser or no time there because I have my way..

That's how the country is.. we will follow suit

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Magnoliaa(f): 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

Majority of Nigerians do not follow protocol..I like people doing things the right way but I also like doing it the easier way..
I can see a group of people queueing for a particular reason and decide not to queue..I will end up spending lesser or no time there because I have my way..

That's how the country is.. we will follow suit

But the change can start from you. grin Be a way maker, and decide to join a queue of 200 people under a hot sun for 2 hours. You just might be the next Mandela and will be immortalised forever. The Future will remember you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 11:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

But the change can start from you. grin Be a way maker, and decide to join a queue of 200 people under a hot sun for 2 hours. You just might be the next Mandela and will be immortalised forever. The Future will remember you. cheesy cheesy
I'd rather go home grin
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Magnoliaa(f): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

I'd rather go home grin
So you cannot even inspire change for the upcoming generation. *rolls eyes* You can't be a good role model.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by lilvicky68(m): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

So you cannot even inspire change for the upcoming generation. *rolls eyes* You can't be a good role model.
The other 199 people should do that..
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by Magnoliaa(f): 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

The other 199 people should do that..
Lmao. Just not you. Issokay.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by OG1BABY(f): 12:37am On Sep 24, 2021
Wasn't pleasant.
Re: Share Your Experiences With The Nigerian Police by chatinent: 1:11am On Sep 24, 2021
OG1BABY:
Wasn't pleasant.
Tell me dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Husband To Death, Cuts Off Penis / Two Yoruba Boys That Speak Igbo Fluently Arrested In Enugu For Gay Activities / Omg! Husband Beats Wife Silly For Trying To Force Him To Have S*x With Her -Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.