Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers (23258 Views)

Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. / Lamborghini Stolen In Switzerland Found In Ghana With Nigerian Plate Number / Nigerians Share Bitter Experiences As #ENDSARS Campaign Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by chatinent: 1:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
We all have experiences!

Why were you tortured, slapped or beaten to a pulp?

Crime?

Answering a call by their checkpoints?

Dating sb they want?

Power pass power?

Mine: when I went for the training, a female soldier met me and said “kai, my side crush.. kai, you dey do as if you no dey hear me baa..you come here to do fine boy shey? For my hand you go buy job tire as I don see say you go turn white fowl.“

I stood at ease in submission.

I waited for a while before moving so she wouldn't say I was disrespectful.

I moved when she threw her first leg to move.

Na so she ordered me to come back.

She begin chawwoos me dey yarn me say so I no know wetin I suppose talk before I move.

I was like abi is it yes or no I'll say or what. If I said yes now, she'll think I responded to her question that I didn't know what to say. If I said no, she'd still think it's the no-response to this question...with her forgettiing the discussion we earlier had had no question.

Mehn. I come say “permission to carry on, ma.” She replied: “as what na? Sweetheart, you don enter my parade.”

Nna eh. (But sha, later later, the lady was really into me sha) wink

Na so she call her regular say she caught me staring at her hips, say I come dey chyke am.

OMG!

I no fit talk.

I wan cry.

Baba say I don buy job.

Rest is history.

Please share your experiences.

25 Likes

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by lkillbrokehoes: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
None

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by ebukaokeke234: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
If you look for an army officer trouble, then face the music simple

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by Kondomatic(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nothing Serious
Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by chatinent: 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
ebukaokeke234:
If you look for an army officer trouble, then face the music simple

Not everyone looks for trouble. Sometimes, they just think you look like sb that needs beating.

Kondomatic:
Nothing Serious

Tell me ojare

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
Share your good experience with soldiers too. When we speak of bad, let us remember to speak of good too.

Bullshit is when you say the thread is for the bad experience alone or are you allergic to good experiences?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by chatinent: 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Share your good experience with soldiers too. When we speak of bad, let us remember to speak of good too.

Bullshit is when you say the thread is for the bad experience alone or are you allergic to good experiences?

Create a thread for that.

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by illicit(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by chatinent: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:
So far say I no die

The next solo soldier I see go hear am

Na the rifle people dey fear, not even the uniform, the person, or the country.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by illicit(m): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2021
chatinent:

Na the rifle people dey fear, not even the uniform, the person, or the country.

Exactly

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by 2shaw: 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wasn't harassed,but my camou shorts was taken from me,thank God it was oversized with a rope adjuster, if not I for no wear boxers that day, my brand new camou shorts ,worn only twice,na the third time by 5pm in 2013 I rem,at ekewan Road. Soldiers dem disgrace me sha. Anytime I pass that uba road by ekewan ,I dwy always vex.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by chatinent: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
I can relate, bro.

So sorry.

2shaw:
Wasn't harassed,but my camou shorts was taken from me,thank God it was oversized with a rope adjuster, if not I for no wear boxers that day, my brand new camou shorts ,worn only twice,na the third time by 5pm in 2013 I rem,at ekewan Road. Soldiers dem disgrace me sha. Anytime I pass that uba road by ekewan ,I dwy always vex.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by Exmilitant(m): 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
2007, the governor then, sir celestine omehia declared dusk to dawn curfew, and invited strange soldiers from god knows where. If you see their height and black skin and padlock they used in locking their mouths eh? I just dey return from one movement one fine saturday afternoon when i reach second artillary junction i forget say everyman dey hands up. as i wan pass, i hear, 'hey, oboy stop right there.' i turn to see if na me dem dey talk to na so i hear correct sound for my face, gboa, dem brush me with dia boot march me wella, come drag me go face down for one stagnant dirty water by the road. If i raised my head to breath i go hear big stick for the back of my head. For 30minutes i dey breath dirty water until dem say make i disappear from there, i only hear wetin dem talk but i no fit move until one of them use boot push me i turn face up, na so blood dey ooze from my eyes, nose ears and mouth. Dem come carry put inside their van come give me one kind drug like that come drive me reach house.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by mbahdi(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
I will share wen I have an experience with d monsters.for now I avnt had any.and God no go gree me have

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lovely we from the creeks have many stories to tell, I will tell the mildest one

I was driving at a t junction heavy traffic they were blaring siren I cleared to the side of the road for them to pass instead of passing jejely they used koboko and sticks to break my wind screen and side mirror but god pass them

During NySc one just saw me and for no reason disliked me for being "fresh" as in for looking butty so he wanted to deal with me he seized my cap didn't give it to me till the next day then came to my block looking for people without "head dress" or nysc cap I hid under the bed, he was inspecting each corper one after the other, if you no get cap you collect better punishment. He didn't see me till I left camp I kept dodging him

I know others have more brutal experiences, but I decided to share these to show you how petty these "SOLDIERS" can be.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by EmekaBlue(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
No lie here...

Went to drink at a spot in nyanya...seated with a friend when two young soldiers wearing combat camour trouser from nowhere came in and asked us to leave our table so they could sit there...I ignored him and called d manager/attendant for Xtra bottles...it pissed them off one immediately removed his belt and flogged my friend first,then use d hook of d army belt to hit my head.

I lost it and gave him a blow straight to his face then d whole place scattered with fight as my friend immediately attacked d 2nd one who was trying to take out a jack knife...na so we start fight o they started making calls calling their colleague refusing us to leave.

NB- My dad is a retired general so i wasn't afraid if they took us to d barracks. Na so when we reached Abacha barracks asokoro I saw a lieutenant colonel I knew and approached him to identify myself...na so those bootrags sleep for guardroom that night.

The end

270 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by inoki247: 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
lol
Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by FalseProphet1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
I was coming back from my church one Sunday with my full regalia, when some soldiers stopped my car and told me to come down. I showed them a mad man some meters away and told them that will be their fate if they don't let me be. They immediately apologized and we all joked and smiled and I drove off. That's my experience.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by Princenady(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
One day I was with my wife for traffic na so one soldier stop me I no see am on time. The boy just open my door use wire flog my belle two times. I felt so embarrassed before he asked me to move.

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by chatinent: 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
2007, the governor then, sir celestine omehia declared dusk to dawn curfew, and invited strange soldiers from god knows where. If you see their height and black skin and padlock they used in locking their mouths eh? I just dey return from one movement one fine saturday afternoon when i reach second artillary junction i forget say everyman dey hands up. as i wan pass, i hear, 'hey, oboy stop right there.' i turn to see if na me dem dey talk to na so i hear correct sound for my face, gboa, dem brush me with dia boot march me wella, come drag me go face down for one stagnant dirty water by the road. If i raised my head to breath i go hear big stick for the back of my head. For 30minutes i dey breath dirty water until dem say make i disappear from there, i only hear wetin dem talk but i no fit move until one of them use boot push me i turn face up, na so blood dey ooze from my eyes, nose ears and mouth. Dem come carry put inside their van come give me one kind drug like that come drive me reach house.

This is the height of it.

They were still compassionate. Others will chase you out of there when they've realised you may have internal bleeding, or more near-death injuries.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by Regtkh: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Mine was just jealousy...i won't go into the details but what I noticed is that
most of all these idiots we have in the military suffer from serious mental health issues .

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
techmo:
I don't have any bad experience with Soldiers.. I think they are cool... It's VIO, LASTMA and Road Safety I hate

pocohantas:
Nigerian uniformed men are mostly paranoid because they know we hate them.

If you see me talking to uniformed men, you won’t know I hate seeing them on roads. It works all the time. When I am driving interstate, I use them as a google map.

Someone7:
None. Respect them, they will respect you.
#TeamWISDOM

TeamWiseOnes

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by slawormiir: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Ain't got no experience with them....

Infact we bombers.....always know how to make friends with them
Especially during sars time....
Them save our asss well well

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
No be today, e don tey.
May God help us in this nation.
Around the same time of Odi Massacre that all the men in a village was wiped off the face of the earth and everyone moved on from it.
There was a country!

Exmilitant:
everyone didn't move on from it. Some are still grieving and will grieve over the sensless killings of loved ones till they die. Timaya sang about it.
In Saner climes, the orchestrator will be in jail for the rest of his life, same for John Nwafor that killed over 100 youths in Anambra.
But what happened to the people involved in all these Massacre?
They still live freely attending parties and living large. With people keeping silent about the issue, no international body is talking about it.

That is what we meant by moving on.
Definitely, the families it affected can never move on from it forever.
So sad!

Modify :
Wonderfully written experience below this post.
Not all our military men are sadists.
When they do wrong, let's call them out.
When they go above and beyond, let us praise them and pray for them.
Happy reading.........

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by heendrix(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
This particular day our vehicle broke down just after a military checkpoint, everyone was scared and even more scared to go and ask those soldiers we just left for help. I no fit allow fear limit me or gimme high Bp for this bush wey we dey now n if anything go kee me tonight mai he be Nigerian soldier I said to my self. So I summoned the courage to go ask those soldiers for help, approached them politely and told them our plight ion know sha if the good spirit of God came on them but were moved to help us one soldier tried all his best to help us repair the broken down bus but to no avail so he decided we come over to their checking point quarters to chill for the Night, we were all amazed n happy, gave us two mat like that anyone wey wan sleep. others did sleep but I didn't but go join them at duty to keep them company, talked bout many things and was shocked how opened they were to me and that day I knew In every strong man there's that weak n gentle spot in him.

Morning was dawn on us and twas tho I shouldn't leave those Men cuz I was just moved to being part of them, but I just prayed for them, tried to give them money but they rejected n wished us a safe trip by then the bus was done n we moved. My regret was I forgot to collect any of them number like it totally flew my mind but I wish they are in good health n happy anywhere they are atm

That's why I'll never speak ill of any soldier or condemn them. NEVER

231 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by Studyinchina200(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
None.

I left Nigeria when I was 17. 13 years ago.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by AmuAwusa: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lol...

A friend I know had dealings with one because of a girl.Him and him colleagues pummeled my friend like say tomorrow no dey.

My friend slept in the hospital for weeks.

Funny enough, my friend mother reported the matter and the guy and the colleagues where queried...

But the mama still no forgive...

She still used her winch kill the soldier guy.The guy sleep he no wake up.

She lived up to her promise because she told the soildier guy say she no fit forgive am,as him must enter ground.

I fear who no fear Benin old women.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Exmilitant:

These Nigerian army are not humans I don't pity most of them at all when they die like fowl
Until they learn to respect civilians I will NEVER have respect for them

( By the way:- according to the supreme court judgement Omehia was NEVER governor of Rivers State. He only stayed for 2 months or so and according to the court those 2 months were deemed to Amaechi's tenure because it was Amaechi's name that was supposed to be on the ballot not Omehia, Omehia never contested primaries, he didn't win primaries, so how was his name on the ballot instead of Amaechi who contested and won the primaries?)

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by FrankBass281(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by mcdokwe(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
No 1. I was going home from school, sick from stress when we got to a bad patch along the Enugu-Port Harcourt Express road and we all alighted the bus to enable it cross the bad patch, vehicle had a rough time crossing so soldier man came from nowhere and asked me to push, told him I couldn't and he tried using force, I persisted so he flogged me and asked that I roll in the mud, told him okwero mee and they both gather give me small.

Scenario 2.

Had a deal that was going bad with 'a friend,' I had to leave my base to be close to him to assure him I was working to clear the deal, Oga asked for my location, I told him with clean mind but ogbeni returned with a modafakin cadet who came to rake and as I shake am back, he called for reinforcement, I was later picked in a van to their base, Captain Bajoga (may he rest in peace, I learnt he was killed after a month in Maiduguri) gave me small torture but I guess it was nothing compared to what the foolish cadet had in mind and wanted to continue later until the captain threatened him and his gang. Captain Bajoga's role endeared him to me and I was sincerely saddened by his death.

Scenario 3.

One wannabe kushified charge and bail look alike guy, came to buy cigarette from my old neighbour late in the night, the old man had finished packing his stuffs for the day and told him as much, but Oga said he must sell to him o, I got offended and asked him why it must be according to his words, the fool left without a world only to come back with a fool in army uniform who flogged me across my waist and drew blood. He asked me to sit on the floor and this time I obeyed because I was already exhausted by the day's work and it was too late in the night.

That said, being a soldier doesn't make you terrible, but it gives your true person expression. I want to believe there are soldiers who wouldn't hurt a fly because that's who they have always been.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers by ALISMILE(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
I think them they look face

Non don ever date me
Besides I

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Policeman Beaten And Harrassed By Thugs In Ondo State / These Men Were Arrested For Forgery, Selling Fake Milk And Injections, By NAFDAC / Staff Made To Lie Inside Gutter For Stealing His Pregnant Boss Phone In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.