Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record (29803 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast All Time Head 2 Head Record / Nigeria Vs Angola Head To Head Record / Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-to-head Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by ledaman: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
ojaysam25:
Tuchel is proving to be the most tactical manager in the world presently. I have never saw guardiola so clueless when facing a team before. He has tried all tactics and fail woefully scoring only one goal against chelsea.
He has played chelsea with no striker, with two striker, with no DM all to no avail. This continuous headache tuchel is giving guardiola will make him overthink again this weekend maybe he will play a defender in the top9 and lose yet again. The chelsea train is well drilled and i don't see any team stoping them at the moment.
You are absolutely right, Pep keeps changing formation @ the expense of his team. One bottle of Hennessy for Bro.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

This is not about winning games. It is about the football system. Tuchel without the low-block is average. We saw that at psg and dortmund. The moment he began to use the low-block, he won the champions league.

The question is this, is he special for using the most dangerous defensive weapon in football?

Absolutely not. Even a di matteo conquered europe with it.
A
Praising Tuchel is like praising a man for using a gun to win a knife fight.

As a chelsea fan, Asides the low-block and the counter attacks, what other repeatable acts do you see in tuchels system?

At least man utd fans know that they overload the left side and switch to greenwood on the right.
With Liverpool, Arnold, Salah and Elliot create triangles on the right side so that arnold can create chances.

Tell me, asides the low-block, what other repeated patterns do you see chelsea do?

Guardiola is suffering not because chelsea or Tuchel is good but because the low block is impregnable.

Everybody struggles against the low block.
Tuchel does not use a low block technique. The players don't sit deep and expect the other team to attack them and then depend on counters. The only game that was employed was against Liverpool, and you wouldn't expect the team not to do that with a red card against a deadly Liverpool team.

This Chelsea team I've been watching recently is not a typical low block team, they just know how to sustain pressure and restore balance to a high-octane game. Can you compare this Chelsea team to Simeone's Atletico Madrid and Chelsea under Mourinho and Di Matteo. Do you even know what you're saying at all?

Just because the defenders don't play a high line like Liverpool doesn't make Chelsea a low block team. Tuchel has drilled this Chelsea team to defend well when attacked, and when they possess the ball, they create chances. You think football is all about fancy passing and being more possessive of the ball?

Tuchel is a flexible coach, he knows when his team should defend and when they should attack, and that has worked for him in Chelsea, the game against Spurs last week speaks volume, a single substitution changed the course of the game totally. If Guardiola likes, he should employ Ederson as a midfielder, it doesn't change the fact that Tuchel has overcome him thrice and forced him to change tactics which eventually didn't work.

Forget low block or high block, if a coach can come up on top thrice against another coach in a season, it simply exposes a flaw in the loser coach's tactics, nothing more. I wonder the excuse you'll give again if Chelsea wins tomorrow!

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Silentgroper(m): 3:35pm On Sep 24, 2021
obong003:

Lucky?? Someone is lucky to play 10 men against Liverpool and still draw?? Lucky??
To be sincere. Liverpool wasnt dat lethal. Our attack is blunt at d moment, Compared to mancity. Nw, there is foden nd an extra addition of grealish. De bruyne is back 4rm injury. Even though their defensive side is lacking some player like stones nd odas, they look strong. Play d same 10 men with city nd u guy will be raped badly in d ass.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by xorojinxx: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2021
In as much as, so many reasonable points has been made here, I'm of the conclusion that, no matter what Chelsea does or would do, people will always hate the club.

You see, the level of hate some fans have against Chelsea has gone beyond football.

Even in the Champions League victory, most commentaries was about the mistakes Guardiola made and not the right calls Tuchel made.

I praise Chelsea fans who go into arguments with some guys because, as a Chelsea fan you cannot convince non-supporters.

Should Chelsea lose tomorrow, you will see virtually the whole place filled with joy and celebration.

But if Chelsea should win, you will begin to hear how Tuchel went to Boeing to buy five (5) airplanes to block the net, or how they somehow reduced Chelsea's goal post.

All in all, one of three things must happen tomorrow... A Win, draw or loss.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Chingykay77(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

Mount has been a shadow of himself this season. It won't be fair to keep Kovacic who has been arguably our best player this season, on the bench. He played without Mount in the second half on Sunday and the pattern worked fine.
You are right But the thing is anytime Tuchel pairs Jo and Kovacic i'm always a scared cuz the two both dresses the ball too much
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Gwan2(m): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

This is not about winning games. It is about the football system. Tuchel without the low-block is average. We saw that at psg and dortmund. The moment he began to use the low-block, he won the champions league.

The question is this, is he special for using the most dangerous defensive weapon in football?

A

As a chelsea fan, Asides the low-block and the counter attacks, what other repeatable acts do you see in tuchels system?

At least man utd fans know that they overload the left side and switch to greenwood on the right.
With Liverpool, Arnold, Salah and Elliot create triangles on the right side so that arnold can create chances.

Tell me, asides the low-block, what other repeated patterns do you see chelsea do?

Guardiola is suffering not because chelsea or Tuchel is good but because the low block is impregnable.

Guy, permit me to be rude. Pls shut up!

Who made them “the most dangerous defensive weapon in football” in your words..The same defensive weapon Lampard was using. A coach drilled and instilled his philosophy in most of these players, same set of players that made Chelsea a laughing stock prior to his coming, and someone somewhere just feel everything was given on a platter of gold.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
xorojinxx:
In as much as, so many reasonable points has been made here, I'm of the conclusion that, no matter what Chelsea does or would do, people will always hate the club.

You see, the level of hate some fans have against Chelsea has gone beyond football.

Even in the Champions League victory, most commentaries was about the mistakes Guardiola made and not the right calls Tuchel made.

I praise Chelsea fans who go into arguments with some guys because, as a Chelsea fan you cannot convince non-supporters.

Should Chelsea lose tomorrow, you will see virtually the whole place filled with joy and celebration.

But if Chelsea should win, you will begin to hear how Tuchel went to Boeing to buy five (5) airplanes to block the net, or how they somehow reduced Chelsea's goal post.

All in all, one of three things must happen tomorrow... A Win, draw or loss.
Leave those frustrated people jare. Like I always say, success is always sweeter when most people look down on you.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by witworth(m): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
blueprint22:

Football no be bread and butter....just chill on Saturday....we will see....Mancity are no babies
I know o, but hmm, this Chelsea wey I sha dey see so, na wahala o
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by shogz89: 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

A

are you sure you watch Chelsea match at all, or you just decide to say they pack the bus simply because they use a 3-5-3 formation.. There is difference between been defensive and defending well, Chelsea defends well, they aren't defensive. No team this season have had more possession or attempt/short on target than them in a match this season except Liverpool which is because they had a red card... Please watch Chelsea match and don't just say they are defensive.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Numerouno94(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Lamasta my main OG. How market na? How una match go b na grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Numerouno94(m): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
Fergie001 where lamasta na??

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Lamasta(m): 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
Numerouno94:
Fergie001 where lamasta na??
I dey boss I just dey prepare for weekend
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Lamasta(m): 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
Numerouno94:
Lamasta my main OG. How market na? How una match go b na grin grin
Chelsea in trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
Humanoid01:

Tuchel does not use a low block technique. The players don't sit deep and expect the other team to attack them and then depend on counters. The only game that was employed was against Liverpool, and you wouldn't expect the team not to do that with a red card against a deadly Liverpool team.

This Chelsea team I've been watching recently is not a typical low block team, they just know how to sustain pressure and restore balance to a high-octane game. Can you compare this Chelsea team to Simeone's Atletico Madrid and Chelsea under Mourinho and Di Matteo. Do you even know what you're saying at all?

Just because the defenders don't play a high line like Liverpool doesn't make Chelsea a low block team. Tuchel has drilled this Chelsea team to defend well when attacked, and when they possess the ball, they create chances. You think football is all about fancy passing and being more possessive of the ball?

Tuchel is a flexible coach, he knows when his team should defend and when they should attack, and that has worked for him in Chelsea, the game against Spurs last week speaks volume, a single substitution changed the course of the game totally. If Guardiola likes, he should employ Ederson as a midfielder, it doesn't change the fact that Tuchel has overcome him thrice and forced him to change tactics which eventually didn't work.

Forget low block or high block, if a coach can come up on top thrice against another coach in a season, it simply exposes a flaw in the loser coach's tactics, nothing more. I wonder the excuse you'll give again if Chelsea wins tomorrow!

Can you see how chelsea sit deep against city waiting for counter?

If Tuchel is superior to guardiola, why would he sit deep?

Take away the low block Tuchel is bang average

2 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Can you see how chelsea sit deep against city waiting for counter?

If Tuchel is superior to guardiola, why would he sit deep?

Take away the low block Tuchel is bang average
Match never finish na. Did you watch the Spurs vs Chelsea game last week? Tuchel used the first half to study the game. He didn't attack much in the first half, but in the second half, Chelsea tore them apart. I hope you know how it ended? Nor dey rush dey type, nor be by initial gragra, let's see how the second half goes first.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
Humanoid01:

Match never finish na. Did you watch the Spurs vs Chelsea game last week? Tuchel used the first half to study the game. He didn't attack much in the first half, but in the second half, Chelsea tore them apart. I hope you know how it ended? Nor dey rush dey type, nor be by initial gragra, let's see how the second half goes first.

How far?

You don see wetin I dey tell you?

Low block has its own deficiencies.

You expect your players to block and defend accurately 100%... it can work today but it can't work everytime.

When you rely on a counter, you tire your attacker because they have to constantly run.

You'll be surprised that now that you've come out, Chelsea might score a goal.

Tuchel is nowhere near guardiola. His only saving grace is that lowblock.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Athemisia: 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
Humanoid01:
3-5-2

Mendy
Christensen
Silva
Rudiger
Azpilicueta/James
Kante
Jorginho
Kovacic
Alonso
Werner
Lukaku

If Tuchel uses this formation and team against city on Saturday, there's no way Chelsea isn't winning that game, sentiments aside.
90 mins
Chelsea vs Man City 0:1

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Athemisia: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
Humanoid01:

Dem never chi chumchim

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Athemisia: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
shogz89:
are you sure you watch Chelsea match at all, or you just decide to say they pack the bus simply because they use a 3-5-3 formation.. There is difference between been defensive and defending well, Chelsea defends well, they aren't defensive. No team this season have had more possession or attempt/short on target than them in a match this season except Liverpool which is because they had a red card... Please watch Chelsea match and don't just say they are defensive.
End of 90mins
Chelsea vs Man City 0: 1
Shorts on target:
Chelsea Zero

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by profola2be(m): 5:10am On Sep 29, 2021
leosahm:

u are a fool

It will never be well with you and your household.
A bigger fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Allegedly Attacks Single Mom In Lagos After A Disagreement / Why Are Many Footballers Embracing Tattoos As Seen At The World Cup 2018? / Sergio Ramos To Marry Pilar Rubio In June (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.