Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record (29776 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast All Time Head 2 Head Record / Nigeria Vs Angola Head To Head Record / Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-to-head Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Michaelbjune(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2021
`oje' `barriii' chelsea (owe!!!) All of una wey talk say chelsea go lose na bad belle the worry una support the winning team, when liverpool won the leauge i support them, when man utd play against villareal in the UEL final i support them to win the tropy because spanish team has dominate the tropy for so many time. its always pain me when ever spanish team win England team, but man utd, liverpool and so called Arsenal that doesn't even play UECL, an Arsenal that fa cup is their own champions leauge. This man city that just got promoted to Epl 2001 are now talking to chelsea any how no matter how FA and othe Epl team hate chelsea it dosen't stop us from winning the epl,caroba cup,ucl,fa cup, club world cup.
For my conclution as for Man city that was thier first time to reach the Ucl final that why they lose, had it being England is the one that own ucl Man utd,Man city,liverpool,Arsenal would have been dominating it everytime. especially Arsenal like the way they do to fa cup, i will continue to say it. tongue

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by bewla(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2021
ojaysam25:
Tuchel is proving to be the most tactical manager in the world presently. I have never saw guardiola so clueless when facing a team before. He has tried all tactics and fail woefully scoring only one goal against chelsea.
He has played chelsea with no striker, with two striker, with no DM all to no avail. This continuous headache tuchel is giving guardiola will make him overthink again this weekend maybe he will play a defender in the top9 and lose yet again. The chelsea train is well drilled and i don't see any team stoping them at the moment.
Wrong this time but City are likely to run out head up
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Mirawonder007(m): 10:00am On Sep 24, 2021
obong003:

Lucky?? Someone is lucky to play 10 men against Liverpool and still draw?? Lucky??
Ask am oo ,I'm a barca and pep fan but Chelsea is very gud at the moment for any team in the world even for bayern
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2021
Silly comparison.

Guardiola is miles ahead of tuchel
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by chidaddy1198(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
the true meaning of unleashing terror
Humanoid01:

It happened against Spurs in the second half of last Sunday's game, we all know how that ended. The terror became worse when Werner got into the game. grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2021
caracas:

Oga there's nothing special about this Chelsea team , they've just been lucky so far.
Of all the games they've played this season they were second best ....but have been lucky enough to scratch through wins.

Baba na liverpool mess up.

If to say liverpool knack these bastards for anfield, them for don calm down by now.

There's nothing special about this chelsea.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Kingosytex(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:
Silly comparison.

You only think so because Pep has coached better teams than Tuchel.
Do you think that Tuchel wouldn't have murdered Pep if their German roles were reversed?
I mean Pep taking charge of Mainz/Dortmund while Tuchel takes charge of Bayern. Do you think Tuchel wouldn't have won the league?
Answer truthfully.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Pierce008: 11:15am On Sep 24, 2021
Lordfesto:
Man City is a foolish team, I swear. Can you imagine Man City draws with Southampton?

They seem very weak this season....

The Southampton match pain me. grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by uniquetechng: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2021
ojaysam25:
Tuchel is proving to be the most tactical manager in the world presently. I have never saw guardiola so clueless when facing a team before. He has tried all tactics and fail woefully scoring only one goal against chelsea.
He has played chelsea with no striker, with two striker, with no DM all to no avail. This continuous headache tuchel is giving guardiola will make him overthink again this weekend maybe he will play a defender in the top9 and lose yet again. The chelsea train is well drilled and i don't see any team stoping them at the moment.
Tuchel play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with five defenders, it's hard for possession playing teams like Liverpool and Man City to break such teams. Chelsea usually plays 3-4-3 with Alonso/Chiwell and Azpilicueta as wingbacks but once attacked by the position the formation is switched to 5-3-2 with both wingbacks joining the back three taking the defenders to five plus two defensive midfilders.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2021
Kingosytex:

You only think so because Pep has coached better teams than Tuchel.
Do you think that Tuchel wouldn't have murdered Pep if their German roles were reversed?
I mean Pep taking charge of Mainz/Dortmund while Tuchel takes charge of Bayern. Do you think Tuchel wouldn't have won the league?
Answer truthfully.

It's not by the team they coached. I judge by the components of their football systems and their contributions to football philosophy as a discipline.

Tuchel has no original idea to his name. At least klopp popularized gegenpressing, ancelotti popularized the diamond etc. Guardiola has several football ideas to his name e.g tactical foul, overload to isolation etc.

Even the slow, patient build-up to create space in the opposition half for counter-attacks that chelsea presently use, was popularized by guardiola in 2017.

Tuchel's system might be working for him presently but comparing him to guardiola is a silly thing to do.

Guardiola is the Napoleon of football.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Norwichsailor(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2021
caracas:

Oga there's nothing special about this Chelsea team , they've just been lucky so far.
Of all the games they've played this season they were second best ....but have been lucky enough to scratch through wins.
Conceding just 2 is lucky?
You think being a powerful team is always about beating people anyhow everytime. No it's on days where the going gets tough and you still win regardless, that's what makes a club special.
Kids like u think football is only about passing and scoring anyhow

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Kingosytex(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

It's not by the team they coached. I judge by the components of their football systems and their contributions to football philosophy as a discipline.

Tuchel has no original idea to his name. At least klopp popularized gegenpressing, ancelotti popularized the diamond etc. Guardiola has several football ideas to his name e.g tactical foul, overload to isolation etc.

Even the slow, patient build-up to create space in the opposition half for counter-attacks that chelsea presently use, was popularized by guardiola in 2017.

Tuchel's system might be working for him presently but comparing him to guardiola is a silly thing to do.

Guardiola is the Napoleon of football.

I don't agree with you.
Both of them built their Principles from already existing principles.
While Pep popularised Cruyff's tikitaka, Tuchel took a course in the gegenpressing and in all the two can give an accurate account of their discipleship.
Pep is grossly overrated, he isn't better than most people he's rated ahead of.
Even he himself said sometime ago that he has been lucky because of the quality of players he always have at his disposal.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kingosytex:

I don't agree with you.
Both of them built their Principles from already existing principles.
While Pep popularised Cruyff's tikitaka, Tuchel took a course in the gegenpressing and in all the two can give an accurate account of their discipleship.
Pep is grossly overrated, he isn't better than most people he's rated ahead of.
Even he himself said sometime ago that he has been lucky because of the quality of players he always have at his disposal.
You're talking about success and I'm talking about the philosophy itself.
Tactically, who's presently better than guardiola?
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Kingosytex(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

You're talking about success and I'm talking about the philosophy itself.
Tactically, who's presently better than guardiola?

This is relative. There's much to this question, sentiments may play a role in one's answer to this question.
Someone might go for Pep, Bielsa, Tuchel, Klopp, or even Enrique.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Kaybaba5(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
profola2be:
though I am a Chelsea fan,but I see Manchester city winning this match....!

fake or ayederu chelsea fan
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Chingykay77(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
Humanoid01:
3-5-2

Mendy
Christensen
Silva
Rudiger
Azpilicueta/James
Kante
Jorginho
Kovacic
Alonso
Werner
Lukaku

If Tuchel uses this formation and team against city on Saturday, there's no way Chelsea isn't winning that game, sentiments aside.

He needs Mount on the pitch
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Chingykay77(m): 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2021
Why is it that If Barca,Madrid,Liverpool,Man City and possibly Man U wins 5-8 games in a row (They're in form )
But if it happens to be Chelsea ........they say we are Lucky
FFS!!! We had to beat City 3 times in a row (No team did that in EPL with Pep)
Secondly ,Even with 10 men to play for 45mins we drew at Anfield yet haters claim we are lucky
Let me remind u haters, Chelsea is the Current European Champion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
Chingykay77:

He needs Mount on the pitch
Mount has been a shadow of himself this season. It won't be fair to keep Kovacic who has been arguably our best player this season, on the bench. He played without Mount in the second half on Sunday and the pattern worked fine.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:
Silly comparison.

Yet Tuchel defeated him three times in the same season, rendering him clueless tactically.

Your analyses are always filled with sentiments when it comes to Chelsea.

Guardiola had more quality players when they faced each other three times last season but Tuchel came out on top in all occasions, including a UCL final. Yet you say Guardiola is miles ahead? You're just a sorry ass Chelsea hater.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kingosytex:

This is relative. There's much to this question, sentiments may play a role in one's answer to this question.
Someone might go for Pep, Bielsa, Tuchel, Klopp, or even Enrique.

Bielsa once said he's watched guardiola to understand how he incorporates several variations and how he masks his system. In a match, Guardiola might use up to 7 variations. You will watch his match and you'll still not understand his system, that's because his variations masks everything he's doing.

Klopp is good but he relies on the emotions/passion of the players and the fans.

Enrique is close but not up to guardiola.

You don't mention Tuchel and guerrilla in the same line. I said it before, Tuchel is a small boy. There is nothing artistic about tuchel. He's all about Counter and block the post.

Using low-block doesnt make you a great tactician. Naturally, the low-block in impregnable. It doesn't make Tuchel special.

The elites don't use low-block because it's for the underdog.

Imagine how the football world will look like if everyone blocks their post with 8 players....

Emery, ten hag, gasperini, pioli, graham, potter of brighton, sarri, flink are all better tacticians than tuchel.

Before you disagree, don't forget that di matteo also won the champions with a low block too.... Anybody can use a low-block. Doesn't make you special.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

Yet Tuchel defeated him three times in the same season, rendering him clueless tactically. You're just a sorry ass Chelsea hater.

you saw their records where guardiola won him at the bundesliga but your tiny little, warped mind decided to make it about chelsea.

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend simple grammar.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

you saw their records where guardiola won him at the bundesliga but your tiny little, warped mind decided to make it about chelsea.

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend simple grammar.
When was the last time a team other than Bayern won the Bundesliga? Tuchel managed Mainz and Borussia Dortmund, and you expected him to come on top against a star-studded Bayern team?

As a matter of fact, those records are not entirely bad for a team with lesser talent. He was hammered in Mainz, but when he moved to Dortmund, Guardiola only beat him once. Any coach can handle that Bayern team and win the league every season, so don't bring that record here. What is the record now that Tuchel has a much better team than what he had at Mainz and Dortmund?

I'll say it again, your hatred for Chelsea has caused you to judge this matter poorly. The sentiments are written all over your comments. Sorry ass hater.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

When was the last time a team other than Bayern won the Bundesliga? Tuchel managed Mainz and Borussia Dortmund, and you expected him to come on top against a star-studded Bayern team?

As a matter of fact, those records are not entirely bad for a team with lesser talent. Any coach can handle that Bayern team and win the league every season, so don't bring that record here. What is the record now that Tuchel has a much better team than what he had at Mainz and Dortmund?

My criteria is not success but the artistic nature of their football systems. Tuchel had neymar and mbappe and couldn't make psg a world class elite team.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

My criteria is not success but the artistic nature of their football systems. Tuchel had neymar and mbappe and couldn't make psg a world class elite team.
How do you define an elite team? Isn't it by their results on the pitch? Before you get the results, then there must be a certain level of artistry demonstrated on the pitch.

Tuchel took PSG to their first ever UCL final and managed to lose 1-0 to a Bayern team that thumped Barcelona 8-2. Why didn't Guardiola beat Tuchel when it mattered the most, in a UCL final? Wasn't he artistic enough? A coach who forced your so called genius coach to change tactics twice and failed, is someone you call a boy, and you compare him with Sarri, Pioli, Graham Potter and others?

You say you're not on about results, but you're the one who talked about records. You're contradicting yourself, you see why I say you're just a Chelsea hater? You can't come to terms with the fact that Chelsea has been one of the dominant teams in England for a while now. You can't say these things if Tuchel wasn't a Chelsea manager, I'm very sure about that.

3 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Obyino: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ov.1.5

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Obas101(m): 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
ohosi4real:
Man City will will win the ball possession while Chelsea will win the match.
The out come of the match,
Man City 1
Chelsea 2

Do you want to bet on the possession? Chelsea won the possession the last 3 times they met man City

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by ojaysam25(m): 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
caracas:

That's why tuchel is the most tactical coach presently. They don't need to play well all the time for the whole 90 mins to win games. Tottenham and aston villa gave them headache in the first half but a tactical switch from the coach and they won both match 3-0.
They are european champions beating and have beaten every top team they have faced under their current tactician in the space of 8 months be it realmadrid, athletico madrid, liverpool, mancity. One needs more than luck to win these games.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Kingosytex(m): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Bielsa once said he's watched guardiola to understand how he incorporates several variations and how he masks his system. In a match, Guardiola might use up to 7 variations. You will watch his match and you'll still not understand his system, that's because his variations masks everything he's doing.

Klopp is good but he relies on the emotions/passion of the players and the fans.

You don't mention Tuchel and guerrilla in the same line. I said it before, Tuchel is a small boy. There is nothing artistic about tuchel. He's all about Counter and block the post.

Using low-block doesnt make you a great tactician. Naturally, the low-block in impregnable. It doesn't make Tuchel special.

Imagine how the football world will look like if everyone blocks their post with 8 players....

Emery, ten hag, gasperini, pioli, graham, potter of brighton, sarri, flink are all better tacticians than tuchel.

Before you disagree, don't forget that di matteo also won the champions with a low block too.... Anybody can use a low-block. Doesn't make you special.

Nice analysis.
I can't help but key into this, it's well crafted and precise. You won.
But I still think Pep is overrated.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Dazall: 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho did not start those games you mentioned together in the first half. Who uses his 3 best midfielders to start a game against a team like city.

When they get tired in the second half who do you bring in. Barkley, Rlc, Saul?

Against spurs Tuchel brought Kante in the second half so what's your point.

Starting the 3 midfielders together will only exposed the team in the second half of the game.

Humanoid01:

Oh! I guess Tuchel is a failure for using that formation against Spurs in the second half and winning the game 3-0.

If you don't know anything about how something works, then don't say anything or just ask questions. You didn't ask why I think using those three together should work, and you didn't state why you think it won't work. Yet, you decided to make a hasty conclusion about my coaching ability.

Are you aware that Tuchel also used those three together towards the end of the second half in the UCL final and we defended really well and created some chances? .
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Dazall: 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrColdsweat:

The bolded is utter trash, No manager here comes close to Tuchel when it comes to tactical genius give credit to whom it's due, the Emery you mentioned what did he achieved with P.S.G?, Sarri's tactics was found out and was clueless without a back up at this same Chelsea. Hansi Flick there is nothing spectacular about him, who would coach a Bayern team and not produce results. Atleast winning the league.

Where is ten hag today? I don't even want to go to the other non entities you mentioned.

Adding Tuchel's name to this list of coaches is a disrespect to the man's managerial abilities.

What did Tuchel do at Chelsea?

Before taking over, Chelsea were losing games left, right and center.

Rudiger who is currently regarded as one of the best defenders was been benched due to his catastrophic displays.

This same team was given to lampard and he said they were not ready to compete at the highest level.

Tuchel came in made them European champions in less than five (5) months, ask every Chelsea fan prior to his appointment no one saw Chelsea going through the round of 16 against Atletico Madrid. I can go and on...

Against Spurs, Spurs were dominating the midfield, he saw this and brought in Kante reverting to a 3-5-2 the rest was history.

Man put some respect on Tuchel's name

4 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by MrColdsweat: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

How do you define an elite team? Isn't it by their results on the pitch? Before you get the results, then there must be a certain level of artistry demonstrated on the pitch.

Tuchel took PSG to their first ever UCL final and managed to lose 1-0 to a Bayern team that thumped Barcelona 8-2. Why didn't Guardiola beat Tuchel when it mattered the most, in a UCL final? Wasn't he artistic enough? A coach who forced your so called genius coach to change tactics twice and failed, is someone you call a boy, and you compare him with Sarri, Pioli, Graham Potter and others?

You say you're not on about results, but you're the one who talked about records. You're contradicting yourself, you see why I say you're just a Chelsea hater? You can't come to terms with the fact that Chelsea has been one of the dominant teams in England for a while now. You can't say these things if Tuchel wasn't a Chelsea manager, I'm very sure about that.

This is not about winning games. It is about the football system. Tuchel without the low-block is average. We saw that at psg and dortmund. The moment he began to use the low-block, he won the champions league.

The question is this, is he special for using the most dangerous defensive weapon in football?

Absolutely not. Even a di matteo conquered europe with it.
A
Praising Tuchel is like praising a man for using a gun to win a knife fight.

As a chelsea fan, Asides the low-block and the counter attacks, what other repeatable acts do you see in tuchels system?

At least man utd fans know that they overload the left side and switch to greenwood on the right.
With Liverpool, Arnold, Salah and Elliot create triangles on the right side so that arnold can create chances.

Tell me, asides the low-block, what other repeated patterns do you see chelsea do?

Guardiola is suffering not because chelsea or Tuchel is good but because the low block is impregnable.

Everybody struggles against the low block.
Re: Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record by Humanoid01(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dazall:
Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho did not start those games you mentioned together in the first half. Who uses his 3 best midfielders to start a game against a team like city.

When they get tired in the second half who do you bring in. Barkley, Rlc, Saul?

Against spurs Tuchel brought Kante in the second half so what's your point.

Starting the 3 midfielders together will only exposed the team in the second half of the game.

You're right, but don't undermine Tuchel's tactical prowess. James is known for his versatility as a wing back, full back and defensive midfielder.

If Chelsea manages to grab the lead and City (expectedly) builds up the pressure, Tuchel can deploy James as a defensive midfielder, taking off either Jorginho or Kovacic, if Kante doesn't get injured.

Mind you, Kante had just returned from an injury, that's why he didn't start that game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) / Tottenham And West Ham Fans Clash Inside London Stadium (Photos) / Arsenal Takes Final Decision To Sell Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.