Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) (1563 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Judicial Review Or Go Back To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) by OmoTier1(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2011
The aim of this thread is to possibily provide information to help those that would want to seek judicial review of thier immigration decision, whether be it after an unfavourable out of country ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW request OR in-country and out of country AYSLUM AND IMMIGRATION TRIBUNAL DECISIONs.

It is hoped that information to be provided by all will be authentic and current with the state of the art of the UK civil procedure acts, (CPR) which guides the frame work for all judicial reviews including but not limited to Asylum and immigration decisions.
Re: Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) by justwise(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2011
@Omo_Tier1

Good idea, a thread like this is long overdue
Re: Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) by OmoTier1(m): 8:16am On May 28, 2011
For those who maybe wondering what immigration Judicial review entails,the process invovled and how and when to trigger a Judicial review,

I have attached here a recent, concise information from the ministry of justice, United Kingdom.

The document itself does not cover the practicalities in great details but it does give you a brief overview of what you should know about immigration Judicial Reviews.

On the practical aspect of it, i.e cost, duration, grounds upon which JR can be sort, those of us who have triggered and won an immigration Judicial Review in not to distant past would gladly provide information to assist.

Re: Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) by OmoTier1(m): 8:30am On May 28, 2011
@justwise,
I think many of the applicants in nigeria are often scared of taking thier immigration matters beyond the appeal stage. Many I have spoken to, even though it was so evident that they would have succeeded in thier JR applications, failed to do so largely due to either lack of off or wrong information of what JR entails.

I think if we have a thread that can assist people with right information, examples of successful JRs, that may encourage some in deciding whether to approach an immigration solicitor to pursue thier case in high court.
Re: Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) by justwise(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

@justwise,
I think many of the applicants in nigeria are often scared of taking thier immigration matters beyond the appeal stage. Many I have spoken to, even though it was so evident that they would have succeeded in thier JR applications, failed to do so largely due to either lack of off or wrong information of what JR entails.

I think if we have a thread that can assist people with right information, examples of successful JRs, that may encourage some in deciding whether to approach an immigration solicitor to pursue thier case in high court.

Thats just the problem, though with the new rule about not accepting new evidence at the appeal level it will get even tougher for many.
Re: Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) by OmoTier1(m): 8:11pm On May 31, 2011
justwise:

Thats just the problem, though with the new rule about not accepting new evidence at the appeal level it will get even tougher for many.
I find that move by the immigration minister as disturbing. What then will happen in cases where home office misplaces documentary evidence submitted by applicant? Apart from the letter of index, the Annexes of documents check list forms, how then will one be able to convince the AIT judges that documents were actually submitted or that requirement of the immigration rules was actually met at the date of submission.
This will also have a wider implication in judicial review applications as the home office can lie as they sometimes do that they were not in possession of the documents at the time they made thier decision.

I used to think labour had something wrong with them upstairs but this cameron led conservation appears to be a nutter!

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar / Moving To U. S For The First Time / Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rainfall: The Sad Reality Of Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.