Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

The Evil And The Good You Do Remain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evil And The Good You Do Remain (461 Views)

Canada Legalises Sex With Animals. What An Evil And Wicked Generation.... / Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil And The Good You Do Remain by SonofIssachar: 12:54am On Sep 24, 2021
A woman baked bread for members of her family and an extra one for a hungry passerby. She kept the extra bread on the Windowsill, for whosoever would take it away.

Every day, a hunchback came and took away the bread. Instead of expressing gratitude, he muttered the following words as he went his way: “The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

This went on, day after day. Every day, the hunchback came, picked up the bread and uttered the words: “The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

The woman felt irritated. “Not a word of gratitude,” she said to herself. “Every day this hunchback utters this jingle! What does he mean?”

One day, out of desperation, she decided to do away with him. “I shall get rid of this hunchback,” she said. And what did she do? She added poison to the bread she prepared for him! As she was about to keep it on the window sill, her hands trembled.

“What is this I am doing?” she said. Immediately she threw the bread into the fire, prepared another one and kept it on the windowsill. As usual, the hunchback came, picked up the bread and muttered the words: “The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

The hunchback proceeded on his way, blissfully unaware of the war raging in the mind of the woman. Whenever the woman placed the bread on the windowsill, she usually offered a prayer for her son who had gone to a distant place to seek his fortune. For many months, she had no news of him. She prayed for his safe return.

That evening, there was a knock on the door. As she opened it, she was surprised to find her son standing in the doorway. He had grown thin and lean. His garments were tattered and torn. He was hungry, starved and weak. As he saw his mother, he said, “Mom, it’s a miracle I’m here. While I was but a mile away, I was so hungry that I collapsed. I would have died, but just then an old hunchback passed by. I begged him for a small part of his food, and he was kind enough to give me the whole bread. As he gave it to me, he said, ‘This is what I eat everyday: today, I shall give it to you, for your need is greater than mine!’”

As the mother heard those words, her face turned pale and red. She leaned against the door for support. She remembered the poisoned bread that she had made that morning. Had she not burnt it in the fire, it would have been eaten by her own son, and he would have lost his life! It was then that she realized the significance of the old hunchback’s words: “The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

Don’t ever stop doing good, even if it’s not appreciated at that time. God does the same thing! He wants you and me to continue to show goodness to others. It will always come back to you multiplied.

— Author Unknown

Meditation: Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. – Psalm 34:14

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

Who Do You Trust?
Purpose: Anointed to Do Good
Please, Daddy, Don’t Do That Again!

1 Like

Re: The Evil And The Good You Do Remain by AYNL: 1:06am On Sep 24, 2021
LORD HELP US

1 Like

Re: The Evil And The Good You Do Remain by Dtruthspeaker: 6:37am On Sep 24, 2021
AYNL:
LORD HELP US

God has already helped us. When would you help you?

1 Like

Re: The Evil And The Good You Do Remain by Dtruthspeaker: 6:56am On Sep 24, 2021
SonofIssachar:
...Don’t ever stop doing good, even if it’s not appreciated at that time. God does the same thing! He wants you and me to continue to show goodness to others. It will always come back to you multiplied.

Story tellers must make their stories sweet and hot. Sometimes too hot that it becomes a Lie, for normal people, including the infirmed, are normally appreciative of the receipt of a good thing and they clearly express it.

And it is known that it is only evil people who refuse to acknowledge the receipt of good from persons.

So this story deceives and misleads for The Truths are out there and we have seen them.

It is not normal for a family to bake bread everyday nor for a person, even a hunchback, to chant publicly.

There are many stories which are True which can be given.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To My Pastor / My 'church Hurt' Story Featured In This Book. Let's Make It An Amazon Bestseller / Things Killing Your Prayer Life By Dr Myles Munroe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.