Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? (29202 Views)

How To Write Your Background To The Study Very Fast And Well / Unknown Animal With Hunchback Chase Kids From School VIDEO PICS / Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Pimine: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2021
Aswearugaaad

The answer is simple. They can afford to follow their passion. They don't feel pressured to study 'professional courses' in order to get a good job and lift the family out of poverty.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Ferrous(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

U are a fu3king illiterate.
Those course dont matter here in Nigeria.
But they matter a lot internationally.
Do u think those one will even plan to work in Nigeria. They get their BSc and relocate to abroad..

The OP is talking about popularity and not the value of the course. Get a life cry cry
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Zainabthegirl1(f): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Bcoz unpopular courses are expensive
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by oshorstan(f): 11:59am On Sep 25, 2021
This has exposed the difference between the rich and the poor.

The poor goes to school because he or she will Use the result to alleviate the poverty of the family. That's the basic fact.

The Rick goes to school to make the parents proud, everywhere softtttt for am post graduation. He or she doesn't need to alleviate any dirty poverty in the family bloodline.

In my next life, my parents must be rich....
I hate nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by PAWG(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
This question has always been on my mind and just now I’m reading, again, that the daughter of President Buhari went to the UK to study Photography. grin grin

Not just her! There’s a noticeable trend even in Naija; a kid from a very wealthy home may go to a university to study music, or catering, or something that isn’t “popular and mainstream”.

The rest of us from not so rich homes will kill ourselves with mechanical, chemical, petro-chemical, electromagnetic engineering

Joke is on you bro. All those courses you think are popular are saturated. Most people end up not even working in the fields the studied while the other larger percentage stay unemployed

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by jaxxy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2021
Cos they study what they like and are good at. Poor folks study what’s in demand in the locality cos of the mindset and level of exposure. Hence u call one popular and another unpopular courses.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by crafteck(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2021
How did this make fp
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by heryomide54(m): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
Richy4:

There's a difference between studying for passion and studying in order to gain good employment...

Based on this, try and put 2 and 2 together cool

Best reply have seen so far...when i read the post that was the first thought that came to my mind and that’s the most suitable reason I can think of

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
This question has always been on my mind and just now I’m reading, again, that the daughter of President Buhari went to the UK to study Photography. grin grin

Not just her! There’s a noticeable trend even in Naija; a kid from a very wealthy home may go to a university to study music, or catering, or something that isn’t “popular and mainstream”.

The rest of us from not so rich homes will kill ourselves with mechanical, chemical, petro-chemical, electromagnetic engineering

They aint goin to school for the money.
Its just passion.
But the not so rich are goin to school so dey can cater for their family needs.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Bigchristo: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

The reason because they don’t really rely on their trade to get job and make money the family wealth is already there, they just want a certificate to present that they passed through school.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by OBTMOS(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lol
You don’t know anything
Photography is a very nice profession

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by mrksquare: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

No course is insignificant. This categorization of course as significant and insignificant is pointless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Madeu(m): 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
Sleekfingers:

You called photography, music and catering and hotel management unpopular.......it obvious, you don't know what you are saying.......
The op knows what he's saying. Look at fortune 500 companies in the world, tell me where photography, music, catering and hotel management fall into. Those are courses you don't need to attend a university. An associate or a diploma is enough.

All stems courses. In a country like Nigeria, we need to refine our crude oil, design and build the car we ride, power our home, road and industries, and control our Internet.

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by juniorstar(m): 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

The answer lies in studying what is passing the right message across to your children..its not the book knowledge..if a wealthy man who spent his entire life building wealth, making deals he/she knows what is important and how to pass the message across.you can pass the message across in your dining table while having lunch teaching them in not so technical term the world of taking a business public, getting a mining licence, managing a team of lawyers, investment bankers, accountants. Dealing with private equity firms. Teaching them to make money work for you and not you working for money, helping them know the difference between an asset and a liability and continuing to pass the message across until it sticks to their cause. Let it sink into their brain that they ain't getting nothing when they kick the bucket even though they know they might still leave them an inheritance.

You dont need a particular professional course to learn this lessons you just need to get this things passed across in a not too serious setting like taking a vacation in the Caribbean or spending the holiday in Monaco or it could be in the dining hall, it could be by allowing your kids join you in the board room and allow them watch you how you send shivers in the spine of your lawyers, accountants, investment bankers and the likes. They u can pursue your passion it's those ones who dont understand these thing that pursue being employable instead of managing a firm and ripping the benefits and managing the risks.

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by chaloskyx: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
Cause they cant stress themselves they already have a job waiting all they need to do is have a degree. so no need to select a course like medicine or physics when they know their future is already certain
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by sagieramos(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

Do u think those one will even plan to work in Nigeria. They get their BSc and relocate to abroad..
That's the amount given to an engineer at NASA per month

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Benwallt(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
They only speak good English they are not that bright academically
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
I agree with those who said they follow their passion. Who wants to work for years doing something that they don’t love?

Another reason is they pay attention to trends and what is going on in the world now compared to what will be going on in the world in a few years. So many people are preparing for STEM careers that the fields will soon be saturated, making it more competitive and hard to find a job.

Someone said Petro Engineering. Outside of Nigeria, countries are rapidly making plans because of global warming. Petroleum causes pollution so developed countries and car manufacturers are switching to alternative forms of energy. Outside of Nigeria, the demand for petroleum engineers willl start to tank and eventually become obsolete. Things popular today will decrease in popularity.

These parents and kids have experienced life in other countries and see that it is about balance and they are preparing a life for these kids outside of Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by yunafa(f): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
Answer to the question is....The rich kids pay their way through school(primary, secondary and tertiary)....they can not attempt professional courses so they make do with obscure, mediocre courses just to be called graduates and their rich parents are competing to flaunt "their graduate kids". Do you agree
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by onuman: 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

LMOF. Electromagnetic engineering.

Kids from rich family have everything available for them even in their adult life.

They don’t care about studying courses for immediate economic gains after graduation.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by srclark: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
most dont bother about professional courses unless the family business as to do with a professional course (LAW FIRM,HOSPITAL,ACCOUNTING FIRM) but if it is outside these areas they don't need any professional course all they need is an education cause over the years they already know the in and out and how the family business works ,they are already familiar with the needed associates to make everything work out fine
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Madeu(m): 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
1stGenAmerican:
I agree with those who said they follow their passion. Who wants to work for years doing something that they don’t love?

Another reason is they pay attention to trends and what is going on in the world now compared to what will be going on in the world in a few years. So many people are preparing for STEM careers that the fields will soon be saturated, making it more competitive and hard to find a job.

Someone said Petro Engineering. Outside of Nigeria, countries are rapidly making plans because of global warming. Petroleum causes pollution so developed countries and car manufacturers are switching to alternative forms of energy. Outside of Nigeria, the demand for petroleum engineers willl start to tank and eventually become obsolete. Things popular today will decrease in popularity.

These parents and kids have experienced life in other countries and see that it is about balance and they are preparing a life for these kids outside of Nigeria.
Petroleum companies still top the list of fortune 500 for many years. Engineering is broad and wide. It's easier for pet eng to switch to alternative energy industry, in form of training or pursue Post graduate studies.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Madeu:

The op knows what he's saying. Look at fortune 500 companies in the world, tell me where photography, music, catering and hotel management fall into. Those are courses you don't need to attend a university. An associate or a diploma is enough.

All stems courses. In a country like Nigeria, we need to refine our crude oil, design and build the car we ride, power our home, road and industries, and control our Internet.

I disagree. Amazon was far down that list a few years ago but look where it is now. The top used to be dominated by petroleum companies but look at it now. The number of petroleum companies will continue to decrease.

If so many people keep in Africa, India, China, and the US keep studying stem careers in large numbers, all of those people will be competing for the same jobs against each other and those with experience who have been working in the field. That contributes to mass unemployment.

The Law of Supply and Demand

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Sholaco: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
They were not born to suffer their brain
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
Madeu:

Petroleum companies still top the list of fortune 500 for many years. Engineering is broad and wide. It's easier for pet eng to switch to alternative energy industry, in form of training or pursue Post graduate studies.

Sure but do you know how many graduates will be competing for those jobs? There are people with post-graduate degrees in engineering with years of experience who go thru bouts of unemployment so what will happen when there are thousands of fresh graduates competing with these people.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
One of the biggest reasons for Nigeria’s unemployment problem is the failure to diversify its industries and train students for those diversified careers.

How many unemployed petroleum engineering degree holders are in your country?

And everyone says to be a business owner but if everyone is selling to try to make money then who will have money to buy?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Madeu(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
1stGenAmerican:

I disagree. Amazon was far down that list a few years ago but look where it is now. The top used to be dominated by petroleum companies but look at it now. The number of petroleum companies will continue to decrease.

If so many people keep in Africa, India, China, and the US keep studying stem careers in large numbers, all of those people will be competing for the same jobs against each other and those with experience who have been working in the field. That contributes to mass unemployment.

The Law of Supply and Demand
The current and future is STEM courses and career in that field keeps evolving creating opportunities for people in the industry. From the industrial revolution to our current reality. It's Very easy for STEM professionals to adapt to the reality at any given point in time.

The Law of supply and Demand doesn't come into play.
We are going into space exploration, can you imagine how bright the opportunities abound for STEM professionals?
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by pegix(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

you are most silly

Very annoying
Yes , ur point are so valid
But do u have to come abusive
The OP is just saying his mind

U must be the illiterate...nawa.....
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Johel(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

They pick simple but professional courses because nothing really dey their head...Na money just carry dem reach where dem dey now.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by tolaade1960: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
It's because whatever courses they study, they wouldn't be looking for jobs.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by pegix(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

Who be this unfortunate retard?
Asin....very annoying

He's the fool

Op just saying his mind

If u have a pint..state urz....idiot oshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) / Newly Admitted UNICAL Students Pour Each Other Water To Celebrate (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.