Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity (2826 Views)

Clark To Back Saraki’s Presidential Ambition If There's No Southern Consensus / Why Adamu Can Remain IGP Till 2023 Or 2024 – Buhari, Malami / Tenure Extension: I Can Remain In Office Untill 2023 Or 2024 — IGP Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Okoroawusa: 10:19am On Sep 25, 2021
Christistruth00:

What about Biafra ?
Leave that confused being

2 Likes

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ruggman:

Absolutely Correct, it beat my imagination how the south west will be clamoring for the presidency after Obasanjo 8years and also osibanjo 8years.

Any southern demand for presidency must be anchored on equity and fairness, which demands that the south east must produce the president. NO MORE NO LESS.

Let us not make the mistake of playing into the hands of the north

You guys have worked for the PDP for so many years. Why are they giving the presidential ticket to Atiku, and not an Igbo man?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by theInterpreter: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
kmcutez:

You guys have worked for the PDP for so many years. Why are they giving the presidential ticket to Atiku, and not an Igbo man?
Leave them na

They love blackmail

4 Likes

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Lionofthedesert: 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
COMMAN COLLECT IT NA....
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by gwarotango: 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
Okoroawusa:

How is it fair?
They've never produced a president from that place
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by oyatz(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Odingo1:
North will continue ruling in 2023 if the other southerners cannot forge a common front and back Igbo presidency. Igbos did it for Obasanjo and GEJ. Let SW support Igbo presidency to show southern unity.

Haven't you seen the situations in the PDP that the party has zoned their ticket to the 'North'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 26, 2021
Odingo1:
North will continue ruling in 2023 if the other southerners cannot forge a common front and back Igbo presidency. Igbos did it for Obasanjo and GEJ. Let SW support Igbo presidency to show southern unity.

You guys are so daft to the point you think you can blackmail people to get what you want. I used to think your lack of diplomacy was due to your culture. But I've found out from studying you lot that it's more due to the fact you bums don't have enough braincells to go about a diplomatic course of action.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by orisa37: 5:56am On Sep 26, 2021
That's a Real Spoiler. Devil's Incarnate.
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Top1gun: 5:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Is that why the presidency as been zoned to the north it as been in the Northwestern state of Kaduna ? What year did the NW come with the equity you are talking about here ?

mrvitalis:

LMAO ...2023 no far

He who must come for equity must come with clean hands

U can't demand zoning and not zone it to south east that's hypocrisy
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by orisa37: 6:02am On Sep 26, 2021
That's a Real Spoiler. Devil's Incarnate.

AZIKWE, IRONSI, OJUKWU AND KANU ARE BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHERS. BITE IT BIG AND SPLIT IT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by EagleNest(m): 6:06am On Sep 26, 2021
Let's be fair to one another and don't over politicise this issue of "who becomes Nigeria president in 2023". If this Nigeria project has reached this point of "go to hell, we have the right numbers to win any election", then the end is near. Today, we still have the chance to get it right. Let SE produce a president in 2023 in the spirit of unity and fairness. These dubious mantra of: "it's all about politics - it is a game of number", "Igbos are not plenty in APC", "Igbos don't build bridges", etc are only expedient but not helpful. If not properly handled, this " I don't care" stance will fast track Nigeria demise as one United country. Let's restructure Nigeria to the benefit of everyone not only a section of the country. Let steer Nigeria ship from the old disasterous way of doing things, to sth more practical and patriotic. Give Igbos a chance, biko nu!

2 Likes

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Top1gun: 6:13am On Sep 26, 2021
I am a Yoruba n I am begging your father to please with all his mighty or foolishness play into the hands of the North because Yoruba will not cede the presidency to Igbo even if your father is assistant Jesus.

Ruggman:

Absolutely Correct, it beat my imagination how the south west will be clamoring for the presidency after Obasanjo 8years and also osibanjo 8years.

Any southern demand for presidency must be anchored on equity and fairness, which demands that the south east must produce the president. NO MORE NO LESS.

Let us not make the mistake of playing into the hands of the north

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by mrvitalis(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Top1gun:
Is that why the presidency as been zoned to the north it as been in the Northwestern state of Kaduna ? What year did the NW come with the equity you are talking about here ?

U guys talk about politics being about interest ? That's why you worked against Jonathan

So why should it igbos vote yorubas when north can offer us vice Presidency ...what can yorubas offer ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by adekolaelect(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2021
Which collective You want Fulanis slave to support you? Bullied can not do anything ,Go and beg Tinubu for minister of finance or petroleum ."Igbo presidency or northan " as if the Dot has any political relevancy and says in Nigeria politics . Igbo and presidency is like….....

1 Like

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by omoharry(f): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2021
Odingo1:
stop beating your chest and making unecessary threat .the East is disunited and your leaders are individualistic,selfish and greedy .
Just take a Look at your leaders in recent times. It leave little to be desired.
Fix Ur house first .Then come back & tell the other regions that the East is ready to unite under one umbrella to support any candidate from the East that is given the ticket and not squabble among themselves on who deserve the ticket or not .
Then plan on how to win the support of other regions by mending fences with Ur other southern colleagues in the south . It not by making mouth but by consulting with other stake holders and lobbying the north to support your region .
You guys boast too much without any strategic planing in sight .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by OBoy50: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2021
I prefer drug baron tinubu to any Igbo!
I got to know that an Igbo man has nothing to offer but rather steal from the treasury as well to develop only the southeast!
The yorubas might betrayed themselves openly which shows that they are far from being hypocrites but the igbos are only United in social media!
During my 1 week stay in 2 eastern states,I discovered that indeed,the igbos are hoarding food and starving the common man just for their selfish gains..
IGBOS DON'T KNOW THEIR DIRECTIONS..... THIEVES IN DISGUISE!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by mp3ree: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

LMAO ...2023 no far

Oga tell PDP to zone the presidency to South East that's when we will vote for easterner.
If PDP cannot zone it to East it's not APC fault if they zone it to South West.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by fregeneh(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Christistruth00:

What about Biafra ?

That one is..D O A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by mp3ree: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

U guys talk about politics being about interest ? That's why you worked against Jonathan

So why should it igbos vote yorubas when north can offer us vice Presidency ...what can yorubas offer ?

Oga vote North, allow other southerners vote their choice

1 Like

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2021
mp3ree:

Oga vote North, allow other southerners vote their choice
Which southerners talk about your tribe and state simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2021
mp3ree:

Oga tell PDP to zone the presidency to South East that's when we will vote for easterner.
If PDP cannot zone it to East it's not APC fault if they zone it to South West.
LMAO 10 Kobo sense
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2021
kmcutez:

Km, you see why I consider you intelligent?

1 Like

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Tomek09(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2021
Due to current IPOB agitation, the best bet for Igbo to start building bridges and mending fences is from V.P first.

SE VP is better than nothing in 2023.

IGBO Presidency is not yet ripe now.
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2021
gomojam:
Km, you see why I consider you intelligent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2021
[quote author=kmcutez post=106182587][/quote] grin grin Why being suspicious? I am genuine.
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Tosin17(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2021
So you want the presidency on a platter of gold. You think politics is all about blackmailing others without doing your homework. No party will field a candidate from the east because it will be a counter productive strategy. You don't have the number, you don't have the national appeal, tell me a candidate from the east that is capable of influencing votes from North. You are just deceiving yourself.

mrvitalis:

LMAO ...2023 no far

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Gotze1: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Abdul05:
Who told you people to support obasanjo in the first place? Answer pls. grin grin

The Yoruba largerly supported olu falae and the results of the election were strongly criticized by many, particularly the Yoruba who wanted obasanjo to be punished for what he did to Awo grin grin

so why did you support obasanjo? I would like to know grin grin
They never supported Obasanjo, they only supported their party when they have no option.

Where does Alex ekweme get his percentage during pdp primary then if they support Obasanjo.

They all support ekweme but lost and now claiming they support Obasanjo.

They think yorubas are mumu.

Why do they not support olu falae if they truly support yorubas.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Gotze1: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2021
mightyhaze:
ok..look for one Igbo man who is not also popular in the east and support him,even if na Joe igbokwe..
Shut up, you never supported Obasanjo genuinely, you only did because your candidate lost to him in primary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by mrvitalis(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2021
Tosin17:
So you want the presidency on a platter of gold. You think politics is all about blackmailing others without doing your homework. No party will field a candidate from the east because it will be a counter productive strategy. You don't have the number, you don't have the national appeal, tell me a candidate from the east that is capable of influencing votes from North. You are just deceiving yourself.

Reason we want to support north na ...it's simple

South gave Jonathan presidency because we were united then

If south west can follow equity and back south east then let north have it forever after all igbos don't need presidency
Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Jerryherd:

In 1998 PDP zoned South.. Alex Ekweume and Obasanjo contested, in 2003 Obasanjo , Orji Uzor Kalu and Okorocha contested Southern 2003 zoning

In 2007 Yar'Adua from NorthWest contested with other Northern zones for North ticket

In 2019 Atiku from North East battled Saraki NC and Tambuwal NW

So it's either SouthEast battles other region for PDP southern Ticket or sell their right to North/ SouthSouth combination.

As for APC they have no stake

Please help me remind our hateful and blackmailing IPOBian brothers.

Even in APC, Okorocha contested in the 2014 Party Primaries against Buhari. No one threatened fire and brimstone against Igbos for that.

Many from different regions of the North to Buhari also contested in that election to include Sam Nda-Isiah from the middle belt.

Yet unreasonable Igbos continue to insist Yorubas in APC must step aside for them while they shamefully hide their faces from their Fulani oppressors in the PDP.

Igbos are on a long thing. Too emotional and politically immature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Collective Push For Igbo Presidency In 2023 Or No Southern Unity by system21: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
2023 will come with big surprise.
No political party have named it's presidential candidate but see where we are killing ourselves sowing seed of discord among ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Have I Lost Interest In Obi / I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal / Banned In The U.S.A. - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.