Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 (10355 Views)

Nigerian Air: FG Spent N190bn On Ethiopian Aircraft Photoshoot- Peter Okoye / How FG Spent Over N200bn On Postponed Census – Nasir Isa-Kwarra (NPC Chairman) / Abba Kyari: How FG Spent Millions Of Naira In Trying To Save Buhari's COS - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Maxwell4404(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2021
FG na Scam abeg, watin una use #8.9Tm take do, #better days ahead looking forward wen 9ja youth to raise for leaders
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by tedimola(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by medokills(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2021
We can't feel the impact of this money from my area. Our roads has become impassable even for the pedestrian. If u are not careful you will sustain injury that will lead u to igbobi hospital. The road is olokuta and kemta roads in Abeokuta.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Truflame: 6:54am On Sep 25, 2021
The APC gov't woefully abandon human infrastructure. Bill Gate advise the gov't to focus on human capital development but yet they didn't prioritize human infrastructure.

Unemployment index is all time high in under the APC gov't.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Reflect7: 6:56am On Sep 25, 2021
Reference:
And what percentage of Dubai development are we getting for that humongous amount.
When I say structure is the problem I know what I mean.

You spend such humongous amount and it has no positive impact whatsoever on the economy as infrastructure spending in saner climes does. No impact on job numbers, no impact on small and medium scale industries and enterprises, no impact on productivity thus GDP figures barely shift.

Why. Structure.
Because the bulk of that money finds its way overseas to create jobs and sustain industries abroad not to talk of fattening the foreign bank accounts of corrupt officials through the Nigerian Disease of 'CONTRACTING'.....

Nigeria thinks it can develop by CONTRACTING out its responsibilities to multinationals and still expect a strong naira even with humongous capital flight. How foolish can we be.

Saw such a poignant event just yesterday.
Who remembers the youths who blocked the Calabar-Itu highway protesting the bad condition of the road.
I was amazed when a respondent claimed remedial work had already been awarded to guess who....'Julius Berger'.
So the idle, unemployed youths will sit by and await a 'multinational' to remediate a road right in front of them.

As we speak Nigerian visas are probably being sought in Germany, a factory there is probably on alert to produce stuff for the jobsite and in a few short week banks there will begin to receive 'infrastructure' funds from a hapless nation that cannot do anything for itself or leadership that cannot put its people, its industries and thus its economy to work.

They say they have spent trillions on infrastructure. Where is it. How can we claim to be spending so much yet getting poorer by the minute. Something just does not add up.

USE YOUR HEAD.

Infrastructure spending and infrastructural investment do not yield overnight results!

It takes YEARS to feel their impact and knock-on effects on the economy.

Many of the projects have not even been completed!!

Some have not even commenced at all, and are still undergoing preliminary work, like environmental impact assessment etc etc, following the contract awards, and here you are demanding to know why the economy has not improved as a result of all the infrastructural investment!

I mean, you people are just not very smart.

Indomie generation.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by saddler: 7:03am On Sep 25, 2021
All these APC urchins are shameless especially that vulture meat seller.

The only thing your vegetable president has to show for the humungous debt are these noisy old-fashioned locomotive trains.

What do we get in return for these locomotives?

More poverty to the people

Naira has somersaulted backward a record high over 250% downwards in value.

Rubbish
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by AutoBodyParts(m): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

He is not lying. Your problem is that you are too thick and dumb to research ongoing projects.

Anụ ọhịa How has the said infrastructure affected your silly life. Zombie
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Joylove2324(f): 7:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Reflect7: 7:08am On Sep 25, 2021
saddler:
All these APC urchins are shameless especially that vulture meat seller.

The only thing your vegetable president has to show for the humungous debt are these noisy old-fashioned locomotive trains.

What do we get in return for these locomotives?

More poverty to the people

Naira has somersaulted backward a record high over 250% downwards in value.

Rubbish

SHUT UP. What is noisy and old fashioned about the trains? Have you entered any of those trains? No.

They are brand new, modern, air-conditioned, HIGH SPEED trains.

SO SHUT UP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by saddler: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

SHUT UP. What is noisy and old fashioned about the trains? Have you entered any of those trains? No.

They are brand new, modern and air-conditioned HIGH SPEED trains.

SO SHUT UP.

BMC crew ...dont over push it.

Your 30k salary has no value in the market anymore.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Trentee4eva: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2021
post=106145994:

More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!?

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

To the enemies of the country,
AKA : Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition,
The anointing wey all of us @[/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.
GOD BLESS [color=#006600]NIGERIA
May God change your life and that of your entire lineage the same way Buhari is changing Nigeria. AMEN!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Precioused7: 7:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Abeg we're the project
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Reflect7: 7:11am On Sep 25, 2021
saddler:

BMC crew ...dont over push it.

Your 30k salary has no value in the market anymore.

PDP embezzler. No money to loot. Run along. You have to work for your money now. Thieves.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Dumbo, so if you were president of Nigeria and you had 8.9 trillion, you would use the money to build 6 skyscrapers in each of the 6 geographical zones, rather than building railways, airports, power plants, roads, bridges etc?

Talk about misplaced priorities!

And you have the guts to insult Buhari?

You are 1,000 times dumber.

Thank heavens you are nowhere near the seat of power.

Olodo rabata.
mugu we have seen the airports and railway he built so far... no be same abandoned locomotives from Russia junkyard they bought with 8.9 trillion This is why I don't pity any of you, because unah deserves the kind of ediots unah get as leaders... ewu
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Reflect7: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
mugu we have seen the airports and railway he built so far... no be same abandoned locomotives from Russia junkyard they bought with 8.9 trillion This is why I don't pity any of you, because unah deserves the kind of ediots unah get as leaders... ewu

Illiterate dunce, the trains are BRAND NEW.

If your skull is too thick to understand that basic English, tough luck.

Ignorant dropout.

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by mybiz234: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:
There is no disputing the fact that this administration is transforming and upgrading the Infrastructural revolution of this country, one of their strong and undisputed achievement, and that is what Nigerians will always remember them for. It's a great giant strive I just say.

Can you mention those infrastructures specifically?
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by luizpippo(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

They are brand new, modern, air-conditioned, HIGH SPEED trains.

SO SHUT UP.

Any high speed train that takes the same 2 hours to get from Abuja to Kaduna, should be thrown away.

Even 4 runners uses less than than on the not so good road.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by mybiz234: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2021
Shooyie:
The infrastructural development so far has been highly commendable. This will help economic growth and investments.

Where are those infrastructures?
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by pepetua(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2021
STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Reflect7: 7:18am On Sep 25, 2021
luizpippo:

Any high speed train that takes the same 2 hours to get from Abuja to Kaduna, should be thrown away.

Even 4 runners uses less than than on the not so good road.

Olodo, the NRC has explained that they are not going at full speed yet in order to ensure the system is fully and safely operational, which is the common sense thing to do, considering these are the first high speed trains to operate in the country.

You indomie generation are just hopeless.

You have access to all this information IN REAL TIME, yet you are too lazy, dumb, and distracted by useless garbage like BBNaija, so you don't know anything.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by mybiz234: 7:19am On Sep 25, 2021
AntiChristian:
We need a total restructuring of ourselves in this country!

Yeah, you need restructuring of your reasoning.

Hating Christians for serving God different from you is unreasonable
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by saddler: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

PDP embezzler. No money to loot. Run along. You have to work for your money now. Thieves.

Very soon naira will be 1000 per dollar and your paymaster must have made sure your unborn tenth generation is heavily indebted to China.

You dont mind as far as your 30k stipends is paid.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Comedian2019: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

They are in your backyard. Go out there and you'll see them. My father is Ewu.
That makes you a ----?
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by arsenal33: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2021
KangaIye:
Sebi na borrow dem borrow am
at least dem use the moni well. Unlike....

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by arsenal33: 7:26am On Sep 25, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
8.9 trillion Naira on infrastructures... and Nigeria roads most especially south east is gradually becoming dead trap for motorists... total cost of buj Khalifa the tallest building in the world is $1.5bil from scratch to finish ooo, mind you all the material they used to build buj Khalifa are all imported from overseas, even the sand and soil are all imported, imagine of they use this 8.9 trillion build replica of buj Khalifa is each of the 6 geographical zones at least we will see where our money goes... buhari and his gangs are criminals
still better than PDP in infrastructure. Those ones just chop all the moni

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Reflect7: 7:26am On Sep 25, 2021
arsenal33:
at least dem use the moni well. Unlike....

....Unlike the PDP embezzlement kings.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by luizpippo(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Olodo, the NRC has explained that they are not going at full speed yet in order to ensure the system is fully and safely operational, which is the common sense thing to do, considering these are the first high speed trains to operate in the country.

You indomie generation are just hopeless.

You have access to all this information IN REAL TIME, yet you are too lazy, dumb, and distracted by useless garbage like BBNaija, so you don't know anything.

Stupidity is bragging about a train since 2016 and still claiming it is still not fully and safely operational.

So much for Elders in stupidity since everyone who replies you gets insulted.

Is insulting others a prerequisite for getting paid the usual peanuts for your BMC duty?
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by mybiz234: 7:28am On Sep 25, 2021
post=106146088:

Na dem cool cool cool

The only thing you keep on posting is train. There had been functional trains in Nigeria while Jonathan was president.

In fact, it was Jonathan that revived the railway.

Can you say why all the so-called infrastructures have not benefited the lives of the people? If you ask your parents or other family members, I'm sure they'll remind you of higher cost of living and poorer standard of living. So, how come the so-called infrastructure haven't benefited the lives of the common man on the street?

Stop hyping failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today / Gbarainubie Power Plant Ready End Of Q1 2017 / Excitement As Beneficiaries Of Enugu Govt’s Scholarship To India Thank Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.