Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request (24155 Views)

Breaking News: European Union To Cancel Nigeria Election Due To Irregularities / Buhari Seeks National Assembly’s Approval To Borrow Fresh $4bn, €710m / Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by IkemChris(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Onigbese, go and pay your loan

You're begging they should cancel your debt, yet asking them to approve another $4billion fresh loan , and somebody will tell me that Mr president is not mad.

LMAO.... My dear I don't know what to call this kind person ooooo... You are praying that your sins should be forgiven and you are still asking for grace to sin the more...
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by zeenaman: 7:49am On Sep 25, 2021
We don spend our money finish untop ramsoms to bandits and repentant Boko boys. How can we ever develop with this level of budgetary diversion? Imagine what the funds spent on combating Boko Haram, bandits and unknown gunmen would have done for us development wise?
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Awoleesu(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2021
Saao:
Borrowing without having intention to pay

... The typical Hausa-Fulani mentality!
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Damnfailure: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Good
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by nedekid: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Very much as expected... The same past procedure!
Go about to source and borrowing then turn around to beg for suspension of debt or outright pardons not to pay....SMH

Stop spewing trash.....it's not possible though the borrowing is outrageous and uncalled for! Howbeit many of your likes keeps saying these trash out of ignorance....how much is the debt? Just imagine 100million Nigerians out of our ever increasing human resourcefulness that get VAT deductions of say $1 weekly for the next 10years...do the math the monies borrowed will be history but we have a very anyhow and dull leadership + politicians in helms of affairs!

@SENIORWRITER
Oga, I think less than 20m Nigerians are taxable or rather productive enough to be properly taxed.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Goldbw122(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2021
Badest baba
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by wink2015(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2021
The developed countries financial institutions that has been giving the loans should also make demands on Nigeria.

They should call on the federal, state and local government in Nigeria to CUT DOWN ON THE HUGE COST OF GOVERNANCE IN NIGERIA.

What is wrong if the national assembly ( senate and house of representatives ) is run on part time?

What is wrong if the salaries of Legislators in the national level and state level is reduced.

There should be a legislation to reduced the salaries of public officers in Nigeria.

Who want more money and he or she is not interested in serving the FATHERLAND should be advised to go into private business.

There are so many federal institutions that are not adding value to the economy yet the government is running them.

if the federal government does not lead the way in reducing the huge cost of running the country political and economic machineries Nigeria will remain bankrupt.

Gone are the days of easy crude oil money.

Any leader that come to the centre must behave themselves responsibly as far as financial management is concerned.

I recommend ECONOMIST, BANKERS AND LAWYERS BE ALLOWED INTO LEADERSHIP LEVEL BOTH AT THE STATE AND NATIONAL LEVEL.

1 Like

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by pacespot(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
My annoyance is that these dumb politicians take these loans in our names. Go and see what Chinese people are doing to zambians because of the monies they borrowed from them. You will pity zambians. Chinese people are now joining Zambia police. Pitiable state I tell you

But despite these massive borrowings by Buhari, Nigeria has one of the lowest external debt to GDP ratio in the world. All of the developed countries in the world have at least over 100% percent of their GDP as the external debts. USA bonds are the biggest, Americans use issuing of bonds to finance their budgets, that is why their current account often shows negative figures. Same with Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, France, etc. The problem with Nigeria and other developing countries going on borrowing spree is that, their credit ratings are poor compared to these advanced countries, and they are also lacking in terms of assets and human capital development.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Hamiltonii: 7:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
My annoyance is that these dumb politicians take these loans in our names. Go and see what Chinese people are doing to zambians because of the monies they borrowed from them. You will pity zambians. Chinese people are now joining Zambia police. Pitiable state I tell you
For Nigeria, Chinese go join Hisbah when Nigeria split no be Southern Police! Mtcheeew.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by tolaswim: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2021
I don't get it pls
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by showafrica(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You're begging they should cancel your debt, yet asking them to approve another $4billion fresh loan , and somebody will tell me that Mr president is not mad.

No na format....yahol boys are learning. Just borrow money from your client and on a good day tell am to cancel am. Na better format be this.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by YourhealthNG2(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Nigeria and its leaders are currently in a state of confusion..

1 Like

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Cnach: 8:06am On Sep 25, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Go about to source and borrowing then turn around to beg for suspension of debt or outright pardons not to pay....SMH

Stop spewing trash.....it's not possible though the borrowing is outrageous and uncalled for! Howbeit many of your likes keeps saying these trash out of ignorance....how much is the debt? Just imagine 100million Nigerians out of our ever increasing human resourcefulness that get VAT deductions of say $1 weekly for the next 10years...do the math the monies borrowed will be history but we have a very anyhow and dull leadership + politicians in helms of affairs!

@SENIORWRITER
My problem it never the rogue, lunatic and irrational comments of urs on national issues which of course from your grammatical structures shows you failed to study but the ironic claim of a seniorwriter.
Bro I dey shame for u
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by nograv: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Bubu the Fulani clown doing what he does best..
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Randy111(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Seniorwriter:

@SENIORWRITER

You are not wrong. But you see me ehhnnn, I will never willingly or knowingly contribute a dime let alone a dollar to paying buhari's debt. I that I know
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by bkool7(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2021
Ffk and Stella Oduah that were on Apc's looter's list and now their members, what has changed?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-looters-list-fg-releases-23-more-names/%3famp
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by ashawopikin(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Guys do you know that every single Nigerian owes the chinco people nothing less than 4.5million naira. And bubu is still borrowing from chiniese people. Guys, we will just wake up one day and see chiniese people taking over our properties, women, etc just because of the gigantic loans we have gotten from them
bro, even our kids and unborn kids will pay debt according to statistics
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Ameduedwin: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2021
you own person you never pay, you come the beg for pardon and you still want to borrow another one. who is advising this man self.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by ashawopikin(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2021
This man well so? It's just like somebody dey owe me I million, come dey tell me say make I forget the money, come still dey ask me for 4million
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by tunary(m): 8:21am On Sep 25, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Onigbese lol
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by bayelsaowei(m): 8:24am On Sep 25, 2021
Seniorwriter:

@SENIORWRITER
and then when we ask for forgiveness of our debt the world then asks for their own favor and then we stuck in a vicious "slavery" cycle..

What a shame
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by fregeneh(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Don't you think if he is able to get debt cancelation it will be beneficial to Nigeria/nigerian a great deal?
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by udemzyudex(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2021
Typical cheesy
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by adenigga(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2021
fregeneh:

Don't you think if he is able to get debt cancelation it will be beneficial to Nigeria/nigerian a great deal?
It seems you needs help in this form below.....

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by udemzyudex(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Guys do you know that every single Nigerian owes the chinco people nothing less than 4.5million naira. And bubu is still borrowing from chiniese people. Guys, we will just wake up one day and see chiniese people taking over our properties, women, etc just because of the gigantic loans we have gotten from them

Yet they keep saying we have not reached our limit, meaning they can still borrow more.

Chai.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2021
So his intentions are, borrow as much as you want...... Then beg for debt forgiveness...........

And buhari opens his mouth and calls youth lazy and wants them not to engage in yahoo yahoo.........

Which yahoo yahoo, pass debt forgiveness......... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by alphaNomega: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2021
olaric:
Our president is possessed. I thought one his aides Adesina said Buhari will teach the world how to run a COVID economy; yet he wants the same people he wants to teach to cancel Nigeria's debts?
The word is RUIN not run, this government only knows how to ruin things

2 Likes

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by netmillionaires(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2021
I tire for that almajiri of a president o. You see that China there! I trust them to oppose it. You can't borrow from me with the hope of not paying back.
PrinceOfLagos:

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2021
Mumu talk.... or is he talking to robots or is he thinking they print money with their teeth undecided
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2021
Just another dreamer!
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by pickatyoubackup: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2021
This man na certified clown. Other leaders go dey use am dey crack joke.
You borrow money, misuse it, go back to borrow more, misuse it even more, then ask them to cancel the debt. To crown it all, you ask for more money. Dey fool ur ancestors.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by omoadeleye(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Not bad, it's also among the process of elimination of debt, but, nothing goes for nothing, cause there will be a terms and conditions surrounding the cancellation of the debt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspect Reveals Why He Made Plans To Attack Dogara / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray / Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.