Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request (24162 Views)

Breaking News: European Union To Cancel Nigeria Election Due To Irregularities / Buhari Seeks National Assembly’s Approval To Borrow Fresh $4bn, €710m / Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Habib101: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Onigbese, go and pay your loan

You're begging they should cancel your debt, yet asking them to approve another $4billion fresh loan , and somebody will tell me that Mr president is not mad.
Super mad, mad man sef has value than him that one u know say na permanent madness

1 Like

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Habib101: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
Racoon:
After another loan? Them swear for this foolish president? I guess this is the "Buhari is going to the UNGA to teach World leaders how to manage economy during pandemic" according to that foolish sai baba zombie called-Femi Adeshina?

So after the chronic debt pillage? Is this how the developed nation of today attained their status-with this bambiallah beggy beggy mentality? Always going to the global stage to disgrace Nigeria
Las Las their pocket e dey end
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Habib101: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
Fcwilly:
Omo see yahoo yahoo president.
I dey tell you
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by fregeneh(m): 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
adenigga:

It seems you needs help in this form below.....

Are you a boko,iswap,mayeti,or bandit?
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Ehisod(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
This man head correct so?
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
wizelink:
Yes your over stainless administration run by your corrupt free uncles, aunties, etc made us to believe so. An administration that wants To GAG THE MEDIA AND EVERY SENSIBLE CITIZEN FROM SPEAKING THE TRUTH ON GROUND WITH THEIR SENSELESS BILLS.
Those who tried to speak up were either chased down by APC SECRET AGENTS and even the elite were not left to the EXTENT OF TRYING TO KIDNAP A SITTING RED CHAMBER PRESIDENT JUST TO ACHIEVE TO APPEAR CORRUPT FREE BEFORE NIGERIANS. However once you join your stainless uncles and aunties in APC your sins are forgiven as was made public by your ex-chairman.
What do you expect from the media houses? To be tormented the same way they tormented CHANNEL TV presenters for granting Some Nigerians interview and for allowing them say they forbiden they do not the public hear. The media will always say what your over righteous APC wants to hear or what they want the Nigerians to believe. Mr, Nigerians know better now and are only keeping mute till 2023.
Mr. Just chill up once your paymaster's administration is over the UNHEARD WILL SOON BE HEARD, THE SECRETS WILL BE MADE PUBLIC as it's said NOTHING IS HIDDEN UNDER THE SUN.
[/s]

Incoherent and barking bingo BiafraNISTAN rant.............

When sane, rational, and intelligent people criticize, they always show what other people did and achieved better, not rant aimlessly like illiterates without showing anything to back up their rants with.

Next time you post your insanity rubbish, show us what your looting and stealing PDP uncles achieved.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
Alabaintprice:

The truth is that we will still be our own problem.
Your monicker states NGPatriot..... Please tell me, where does that patriotism come in this comment you just made. Just because we have access to the internet shouldnt be a reason why we display stupidity and immaturity online. Ever since cocoa has been the first on the list, where and what has it played a major role in rising the economy or even making the naira stand against the dollar?..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed no where. So which one is useless cos as long as we can't see it's relevance here they are all useless or are you one of those people who come to make noise about white paper achievements that never comes to reality ....

So, the fact that according to your ignorant and unintelligent views cocoa as our largest agric export is irrelevant because the Naira is weak, we should not bother to invest in cocoa or work on our agric sector to make it better and generate FX, the same FX that we need to make the Naira strong.

You are in one breath diminishing the importance of cocoa export and weak Naira when in fact cocoa and strong agric export are what we need to keep working to strengthen the dollar which according to this report we are doing successfully.

This is what I don't get about you Igbos, you make dumb and unintelligent points and at the same time contradict and trash your own dumb and unintelligent points with your own dumb and unintelligent views.

Their hundreds of thousands of Nigerians farming and growing cocoa, processing and exporting cocoa and other Agric products to put food on the table, but this ignorant and unintelligent ipob with his vacuous, hateful, bitter, and warped mentality want us to believe that they are irrelevant because of the weak Naira.

This is why you Igbos can never be a sane and rational members of any society.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2021

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These are the last days of GEJ and Okonjo in office, May 2015, the same month day handed over to PMB.

They've emptied the treasury, they're looted everything and they borrowed to pay salaries till their last-minute in office.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by TenQ: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Buhari-asks-G20-to-cancel-Nigerias-debt-after-fresh-$4bn-€710m-loan-request
So that he can borrow more money!?

1 Like

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by emmajodeci(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
The country's BVN should be blacklisted for excessive loan ���
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nigeria wasted no time: The following month, Okonjo-Iweala led a delegation to Beijing to negotiate a $3 billion loan she said was to “complete some people-oriented projects.”

By June, Oduah had lost her job as Minister. That month, the House of Representatives denounced the deal for the five airport terminal buildings as fraudulent, and detrimental to the Nigerian economy.

Nkiru Oyejeocha, the Chairperson of the House Committee on Aviation, expressed regret that while the government had supplied the counterpart funding of $100 million for the $500 million project, Nigerian professional workers had been completely shut out of it. The committee also said that about $10 million of the $100 million paid to CCECC had been “misappropriated.”

There are many other China-related projects of interest:

In December 2012, for instance, Nigeria began negotiations with China’s Import-Export Bank for a $1.5 billion loan to boost the processing of rice and cassava, Agriculture Minister Akinwunmi Adesina said.

In June 2013 the Managing Director of Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN), Mr. Gimba Yau Kumo, announced the bank was negotiating with China a loan of N936 billion. One year later, at the World Economic Forum Africa in Abuja, Kumo announced that the Chinese had offered to lend FMBN $4 billion.

In November 2013, China Railway Construction Corp. Ltd. (CRCC) announced in Hong Kong a contract with Nigeria’s Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs to build a $1.07 billion road in the area within five years.

Exactly one year after that, in November 2014, Nigeria signed another massive contract, worth $11.97 billion, also with CRCC, to build a 1,402 kilometer Lagos-Calabar coastline railway.

In June 2015, during his meeting in Abuja with officials of the Chinese Construction Company working on the Mambilla Power Project, President Buhari expressed the desire to have such projects completed expeditiously. The $3.2bn., 3,050MW project may be reviewed up to $6b, officials of the Ministry of Power have said.

The related $1.3bn., 700-MW Zungeru Hydroelectric project, on which Nigeria has since 2012 partnered with China’s CNEEC-Sinohydro, has the same profile.

“Very soon, we will get together and redefine the project agreements for faster

https://guardian.ng/opinion/borrowed-by-china/

It's really minding boggling how Jona and dumb okonjo sank us into this massive and crippling China loans with zero benefits..

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
TenQ:

So that he can borrow more money!?

When dumb and clueless jona was accumulating the loans and borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries, you hypocrites did not say a word, not you are fooling yourselves with your fake crocodile tears..

Comedians..
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by TenQ: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
NGpatriot:

When dumb and clueless jona was accumulating the loans and borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries, you hypocrites did not say a word, not you are fooling yourselves with your fake crocodile tears..

Comedians..

Jonathan was a bad president. We voted him out only to replace him with a worse myopic, selfish, clueless and nepotistic president.

Under PMBs watch,
- the Naira has lost twice its value
-Insecurity has become a norm with kidnapping everywhere
-Government spoke-persons have become experts at lies and propaganda
-Price of everything has more than tripled
-Known Bokoharam sponsors are protected by government because they don't want to "shame them"
- Nepotism of the highest order under a president who claims he is for nobody!

The only thing PMB has succeeded in doing is using National Resources to take care of his frail health.

Which of the above is incorrect so that I can lecture you with facts and figures.

BMC don't like facts
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
TenQ:

Jonathan was a bad president. We voted him out only to replace him with a worse myopic, selfish, clueless and nepotistic president.

Under PMBs watch,
- the Naira has lost twice its value
-Insecurity has become a norm with kidnapping everywhere
-Government spoke-persons have become experts at lies and propaganda
-Price of everything has more than tripled
-Known Bokoharam sponsors are protected by government because they don't want to "shame them"
- Nepotism of the highest order under a president who claims he is for nobody!

The only thing PMB has succeeded in doing is using National Resources to take care of his frail health.

Which of the above is incorrect so that I can lecture you with facts and figures.

BMC don't like facts
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent BiafraNISTAN rant..

Explain to us why crooked and corrupt jona and okonjo accumulated the largest oil enrings in the history of Nigeria and end up borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries till their last day in office.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by wizelink(m): 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
It is clear you a cow who can't read properly. Truth hurts it will continue to hunt you senseless people like you down. Next time read properly PROFESSOR.
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Incoherent and barking bingo BiafraNISTAN rant.............

When sane, rational, and intelligent people criticize, they always show what other people did and achieved better, not rant aimlessly like illiterates without showing anything to back up their rants with.

Next time you post your insanity rubbish, show us what your looting and stealing PDP uncles achieved.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
wizelink:
It is clear you a cow who can't read properly. Truth hurts it will continue to hunt you senseless people like you down. Next time read properly PROFESSOR.

Since you can not show us what past administrations achieved with the massive oil wealth and mountain of debt they accumulated before PMB, now, explain to us how crooked and corrupt jona and okonjo accumulated the largest oil enrings in the history of Nigeria and end up borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary till their last day in office.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by ChaDiv: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
Unbelievable way of reasoning.....!

This can be liken to one asking for amnesty and comitting heinous crimes at the same time.
Mr Presido, you can do better than this.

Stop disgracing the Nation.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by TenQ: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent BiafraNISTAN rant..

Explain to us why crooked and corrupt jona and okonjo accumulated the largest oil enrings in the history of Nigeria and end up borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries till their last day in office.

You think I'm a supporter of the incompetent GEJ!?

Sorry to disappoint you.

The truth is that PMB is 20 times worse than GEJ in every respect.

Like I said: The BMC hate to hear the truth. Are they still paying you your N20k per month?

Why couldn't you answer to my post?
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
TenQ:

You think I'm a supporter of the incompetent GEJ!?

Sorry to disappoint you.

The truth is that PMB is 20 times worse than GEJ in every respect.

Like I said: The BMC hate to hear the truth. Are they still paying you your N20k per month?

Why couldn't you answer to my post?
[/s]

1 kobo per month ipobian BiafraNISTAN

Explain to us how crooked and corrupt jona and okonjo accumulated the largest oil enrings in the history of Nigeria and end up borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries till their last day in office.

It's a simple question.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by ofeco: 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
Our beloved President is right by asking Western and Eastern countries to cancel debts.
The Loans they gave us was returned to their countries through medical check-ups bills, hotel bills, buying of foreign houses, foreign girlfriend,fixed deposits, etc. The loan does not benefit Africans that is why African leaders are always calling for the cancellation of their debts.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by TenQ: 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

1 kobo per month ipobian BiafraNISTAN

Explain to us how crooked and corrupt jona and okonjo accumulated the largest oil enrings in the history of Nigeria and end up borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries till their last day in office.

It's a simple question.

Your hatred for the truth has blinded you to the fact that I am not a supporter of GEJ. Go ask his supporters. For his incompetency, GEJ was voted out only to be replaced with a worse myopic, selfish, clueless and nepotistic president.
I don't defend incompetency in whatever form.

The truth doesn't kill the righteous! The righteous love the truth
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by JOemmy(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Almajiri bambiamila president always wanting everything for free.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
TenQ:

Your hatred for the truth has blinded you to the fact that I am not a supporter of GEJ. Go ask his supporters. For his incompetency, GEJ was voted out only to be replaced with a worse myopic, selfish, clueless and nepotistic president.
I don't defend incompetency in whatever form.

The truth doesn't kill the righteous! The righteous love the truth
[/s]

The question I asked you was simple and elementary, but because you Igbos and BiafraNISTANs are not smart or intelligent, you couldn't answer the elementary question.

Let me help you, when the people before you emptied the treasury, left a crippled economy and totally bankrupt that they had to borrow hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries until handover day to the next president, it means the next president is starting from ZERO and must also borrow to make sure that workers are paid and the country keeps functioning.

Basically, it means the borrowing decision was never yours, it was made by the people before you since they left nothing for you to continue with.

This is the simple answer you are too lazy and incompetent to come up with.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
By late 2014, 6 months before handing over to PMB, GEJ and Okonjo already killed and destroyed the economy, that's when they started borrowing to pay workers salaries, that was' when they had no choice but to declare austerity measures.

Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by JOemmy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
olaric:
Our president is possessed. I thought one his aides Adesina said Buhari will teach the world how to run a COVID economy; yet he wants the same people he wants to teach to cancel Nigeria's debts?

Can u imagine craze people have taken over nigeria. angry
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by TenQ: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

The question I asked you was simple and elementary, but because you Igbos and BiafraNISTANs are not smart or intelligent, you couldn't answer the elementary question.

Let me help you, when the people before you emptied the treasury, left a crippled economy and totally bankrupt that they had to borrow hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries until handover day to the next president, it means the next president is starting from ZERO and must also borrow to make sure that workers are paid and the country keeps functioning.

Basically, it means the borrowing decision was never yours, it was made by the people before you since they left nothing for you to continue with.

This is the simple answer you are too lazy and incompetent to come up with.

I guess you comprehension of simple English language or your IQ is low otherwise, why would you associate me with a government I accused as haven failed. I am not PDP, neither am I in support of GEJ. But low IQ people don't care, they have been preprogramed like zombies to repeat the same phrase over and over again.

Just as I have criticized GEJ, I have concluded that your darling daddy is 20 times worse off in being the worst myopic, selfish, clueless and nepotistic president in the history of Nigeria.

If you don't still understand this, then your intelligence is beyond redemption.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by caye(m): 1:25am On Sep 26, 2021
omoadeleye:

Ekpele oo, Mr. English teacher,

As in, are you not ashamed of yourself right now? We are commenting on national issues but your scurry ignorance ass is here checking English.

If you are truly good in English, why can't you try and run for a chairmanship post in your local government and try to make an impact in your local government and see if is easy to rule a whole country

But, your stupidity and ignorance behaviour is busy trolling people on the way they type their English as if that's an issue affecting your miserable life and economy and lamenting on any national issues without having any ideas of what's going on or common solutions...

Just gtfo of my mention.

Let me re-explain my write-up in simple language:
If care is not taken, even if you speak all the grammar in the world, the generation speaking it in Nigeria would be materially poor, and economic slaves.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by NGpatriot: 1:52am On Sep 26, 2021
[s]
TenQ:

I guess you comprehension of simple English language or your IQ is low otherwise, why would you associate me with a government I accused as haven failed. I am not PDP, neither am I in support of GEJ. But low IQ people don't care, they have been preprogramed like zombies to repeat the same phrase over and over again.

Just as I have criticized GEJ, I have concluded that your darling daddy is 20 times worse off in being the worst myopic, selfish, clueless and nepotistic president in the history of Nigeria.

If you don't still understand this, then your intelligence is beyond redemption.
[/s]

Your likeness or dislike for GEJ has nothing to do with my question.

If the person before you spent every kobo and was borrowing to pay salaries when you took over, what will you do after taking over?

Will you borrow to pay millions of workers around Nigeria or tell them to waka because the previous admin spent all the money or just magically make the money from the sky?

It's a simple question.
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by Alabaintprice(m): 5:34am On Sep 26, 2021
NGpatriot:

So, the fact that according to your ignorant and unintelligent views cocoa as our largest agric export is irrelevant because the Naira is weak, we should not bother to invest in cocoa or work on our agric sector to make it better and generate FX, the same FX that we need to make the Naira strong.

You are in one breath diminishing the importance of cocoa export and weak Naira when in fact cocoa and strong agric export are what we need to keep working to strengthen the dollar which according to this report we are doing successfully.

This is what I don't get about you Igbos, you make dumb and unintelligent points and at the same time contradict and trash your own dumb and unintelligent points with your own dumb and unintelligent views.

Their hundreds of thousands of Nigerians farming and growing cocoa, processing and exporting cocoa and other Agric products to put food on the table, but this ignorant and unintelligent ipob with his vacuous, hateful, bitter, and warped mentality want us to believe that they are irrelevant because of the weak Naira.

This is why you Igbos can never be a sane and rational members of any society.

As intelligent and sane as you wish you were, what has cocoa and ugwu have to do with the federal government borrowing money.....

An intelligent person don't shift focus just to prove a point... Talk about the issue on ground. Dumb ass
Re: Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request by orisa37: 6:10am On Sep 26, 2021
That's a good professional Begging Spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Bashir El-Rufai Calls Segalinks An Idiot And A Midget / Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.