Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? (14893 Views)

Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / Promise Card: Do Kids Still Do This? / Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
Not all kids are like that, for instance, i don't resent my parents, and i don't hate that they are not together, i even grew to love having a single parent, no additional person to boss you around cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

But every kid needs two responsible parents.

As for me, i don't blame anyone, although love mother more, I think we can all come to an understanding.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Because they are not free. When you experience freedom, you forgive smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by CXLVII: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
The question should be, do you remain in a toxic marriage because of the kids or move on?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by DonJuan13: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
Unik3030:
Listen to my sorry by lucky dube n u will understand better

Couldn't find the song
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by AuroraB(f): 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:
The parent with the Kids will always sell bad image of the other parent to the kids.

This is exactly what Tonto Dike is doing right now. If the son is not street wise, he might grow to hate his dad not knowing the fault is from his mother.

Women are naturally manipulative. Don't allow a woman to solely train your child/children.
There are men who do same.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by DonJuan13: 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
[quote author=CXLVII post=106159695]The question should be, do you remain in a toxic marriage because of the kids or move on?

Deep question. I've asked myself this time and time again and have come to conclude that no price is too much to pay for the wellbeing of one's offsprings. I would remain and try to make it better as long as my life is not under any kind of threat. That being said, 2+2 is not always four as I've come to realize in this woke age.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Rolings: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
binarymachine:

. It is true that not every one is happy about the homes being shattered. Still, there are some who take it more to heart than others and this is mostly the case with the children.

Depends on how much pain one suffer personally from the break up...and you really wont know how it feels if you are not from such HOME
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by IMASTEX: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
Godfullsam:

That is why I must have the custody of my kids at all cost if I divorce my wife.

Men are free thinkers, they naturally don't like to shift blames.
Women on the other hand will naturally play the victim card and either confuse or convince the kids to make them believe that their father is evil.

I don't know why women are like that!
It takes mainly financial & emotional support to grow a child. A man spends his time providing the financial support thinking that is all that really matters. While ignorantly neglecting the emotional aspect for the woman to provide. Well as, emotion influences the mind. Hence whosever influences a child emotionally automatically gains easy control of him. Men in the name of forming a man or too fix pursuing money don't create quality time for the children. I.e. as little as occasional school run, feeding them, playing ball or any choice game, playing on the bed or chair, seeing their favorite cartoons together, bathing them, taking a walk or taking them out, helping with school work, forbidden mummy bought it phrase instead mummy & daddy, etc. will go a long way. Children are mainly attached to whosever provide them emotional support. It is only when they become an adult that they place value on financial provider.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by mariovito(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
mariovito:
It's a messed up situation. A kid needs the balance from both parents to develop into a balanced adult. The animosity, chaos and lack of love that comes with separation and divorce always rubs off wrongly on the kids. They grow up with a warped mentality about life.
A kid needs a father figure to look up to, this instils discipline and order while the mother balances out with all the love care.

I had a roommate in school who was raised by a single mom. It always showed in his demeanor. Always felt entitled, easy to pick a quarrel and keep malice.

By any means necessary, marry someone you know you can. Stay with in the long run but most times we marry for the wrong reasons; big nyash, the guy has a fat wallet and then down the road shit hits the fan.

This has led to the rise in dysfunctional society because the family is the nucleus of the society. We now have many girls running "package" and many guys taking to crime partly because of this.

Many times I fancy the idea of having a baby mama but then I think about the deprivation that kid will experience and I jettison the thought.

I hope and plan to raise my kids in a family set up.
But then, many of these things are beyond us. We make plans but then fate is the ultimate decider.

It's a beautiful Thursday afternoon here in the capital city, so let me
**Spark my kpoli in a peaceful manner**
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Swinger60(f): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
chatinent:
There isn't peace...and children will likely pick sides against who is at fault. Of course, they are watching.

No matter what one party tells them, they are watching.

They may not readily hate any parent, but they will be close to the one they are more comfortable with.
Chai, may you forever be happy for saying the truth. You didn't try to blame any gender.

kids watch and as they grow, they become close to who they are comfortable with.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by FreeConCiencE: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
IMASTEX:

It takes mainly financial & emotional support to grow a child. A man spends his time providing the financial support thinking that is all that really matters. While ignorantly neglecting the emotional aspect for the woman to provide. Well as, emotion influences the mind. Hence whosever influences a child emotionally automatically gains easy control of him. Men in the name of forming a man or too fix pursuing money don't create quality time for the children. I.e. as little as occasional school run, feeding them, playing ball or any choice game, playing on the bed or chair, seeing their favorite cartoons together, bathing them, taking a walk or taking them out, helping with school work, forbidden mummy bought it phrase instead mummy & daddy, etc. will go a long way. Children are mainly attached to whosever provide them emotional support. It is only when they become an adult that they place value on financial provider.

You are very correct. But, don't kill yourself trying to do all those things you mentioned above all in the name of gaining affection from your children, please. Things are not easy for some men. If you know what some men are passing through at their places of work, you will feel for them. Just do what you can do emotionally and financially, who will love you, will love you and who will hate you will hate you. Remember, your life doesn't have a duplicate and you, too, need to enjoy life before you die.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by alexola20(m): 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
Many women are doing this.
I mean the very bastard ones.
Davash222:
The parent with the Kids will always sell bad image of the other parent to the kids.

This is exactly what Tonto Dike is doing right now. If the son is not street wise, he might grow to hate his dad not knowing the fault is from his mother.

Women are naturally manipulative. Don't allow a woman to solely train your child/children.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Gfskw: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
Blame mothers
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Karleb(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Not all kids are like that, for instance, i don't resent my parents, and i don't hate that they are not together, i even grew to love having a single parent, no additional person to boss you around cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

But every kid needs two responsible parents.

As for me, i don't blame anyone, although love mother more, I think we can all come to an understanding.

Nice comment.

I don't understand why no one is trying to disprove the logic. It's not always true. Children from broken homes don't always hate either or both of their parents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Karleb(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreeConCiencE:

You are very correct. But, don't kill yourself trying to do all those things you mentioned above all in the name of gaining affection from your children, please. Things are not easy for some men. If you know what some men are passing through at their places of work, you will feel for them. Just do what you can do emotionally and financially, who will love you, will love you and who will hate you will hate you. Remember, your life doesn't have a duplicate and you, too, need to enjoy life before you die.

grin grin

I'm sorry to say but this comment no be am.

For the fact that you have a job doesn't give you an excuse not to have time for your family. I don't have a kid yet but I have lots of siblings and everyone of them that is younger than I am were attached to me when they were little, even now that they are growing, the bond is still there.

Even the women many people here try to paint as the devil also work too.

Having a 9 - 5 or facing bullshits at work is no excuse for not finding time for your family, especially your children.

You people should make ammends and stop giving excuses.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Karleb(m): 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
AuroraB:
There are men who do same.

You dey mind them.

In the case of divorce, both parents have a story where they were not the one responsible for the divorce.

Most kids only believe their mum's side of story because they spend more time with them. Children who loved their dad more would dislike their mother.

Besides, most men cannot tell an emotional story/lie.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Sheuns(m): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2021
What of cases where one parent clearly tells the kids he/she doesn’t need them when he’s older? And the parent places more priority on parties and other frivolity than the children upkeeps?
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by FreeConCiencE: 1:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Karleb:

grin grin

I'm sorry to say but this comment no be am.

For the fact that you have a job doesn't give you an excuse not to have time for your family. I don't have a kid yet but I have lots of siblings and everyone of them that is younger than I am were attached to me when they were little, even now that they are growing, the bond is still there.

Even the women many people here try to paint as the devil also work too.

Having a 9 - 5 or facing bullshits at work is no excuse for not finding time for your family, especially your children.

You people should make ammends and stop giving excuses.

Come back and make comments when you are married and when you have children. Experience is the best teacher. Come and make comments when you have a load of responsibilities staring at you and you are living from hands to mouth. Just pray things are rossy for you in life. You think having siblings equals having a family(wife and children). You think those that hardly have time to play with their wives and children are happy about it? You may not understand, but I believe many responsible men who are struggling days and nights to meet their responsibilities will relate to what I am saying.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Karleb(m): 6:34am On Sep 26, 2021
FreeConCiencE:

Come back and make comments when you are married and when you have children. Experience is the best teacher. Come and make comments when you have a load of responsibilities staring at you and you are living from hands to mouth. Just pray things are rossy for you in life. You think having siblings equals having a family(wife and children). You think those that hardly have time to play with their wives and children are happy about it? You may not understand, but I believe many responsible men who are struggling days and nights to meet their responsibilities will relate to what I am saying.

Omo! embarassed I wonder how you people do this.

Why marry when you don't have your finances sorted out? Why have multiple children when you are still struggling?

If you are not providing for your family (enough) and your children love you then you must be using Juju on them.

It's only a woman that can enjoy unconditional love.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by kumulus(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Often we make the erroneous conclusion of thinking divorced parents or those parents living separately are "separated" where in fact the case of separation is far from being a physical thing, far from it. I believe the character displayed by the child in such situations is 'apathy', arising from the differences in desires, the child wants the parents to be peaceable with each other and can't/won't understand why they cannot be but the adults fail to see this overly exerting demand of the child because their individual sense of reason has become impaired by ego, unforgiveness, resentments and such other ill thought forms. The child worries over them for too long and loses his/her self in the midst of these thoughts (mitotes), his/her peace is gone. In the most poorly managed cases, peace of mind could've become ever evasive. Now this child becomes very unforgiving towards the party he/she perceives to be in the wrong.

It's a shake so many children had to grow up as internally displaced individuals even while living with their parents and family, the topic of child psychology/development is one that need be taught to parents and intending parents effectively...an area where imo there's great failing. The government, religious bodies and other such social institutions should be more responsible and create avenues to realign the people on the path of becoming informed.

Do you have an idea of the population of Nigerians who are actively suffering from PTSD, ASDs and other such psychological conditions without even having the slightest awareness. I'd shown symptoms of ASD all my life and I didn't know until last week, neither did my parents. There are many sufferers amongst us, we need healing. The family units in most societies actually be doing the most effective damage to people but this topic goes undiscussed. Years of perpetual abuse by those authorities in our lives as we grew had left majority damaged, behaving badly even when the intentions aren't so yet not able to understand why you do things the way you do. Misunderstood and misjudged by the society, the problem get worse even, only recourse b comes self awareness, self knowledge and from that, effective self development.

The elders of our land would say; "bí ikú ilé ò pa ni, tí ò de ò lè pa ni" (the enemies of your father's house as the church people will put it grin) and "ilé ni a tí ñkó èsö r'òde"......

I hope we rise to fix our many ills.....

Lloyd
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Flamemignon1(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Davash222:

@thebolded, both genders are manipulative asf. I grew up with my dad and all this while he made me hate my mum not knowing it was entirely his fault. Well, I've forgiven him for all the pain I went through
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by musiliyukayode(m): 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
binarymachine:
There are a number of obvious and remote reasons for the negative distant attitude of many kids towards their parents who are no longer together. It is true that not every one is happy about the homes being shattered. Still, there are some who take it more to heart than others and this is mostly the case with the children.

A major reason for this attitude is the feeling of deprivation the kids have. Very easily, kids feel they have been deprived by their parents of the privileges of the home. They find it hard to accept that their parents are not longer together and the once united family they had is no more.
Along with this sad state of mind comes the thought that their parents did not care and love them. Kids will likely think that if their parents cared so much about them, they would have stayed together to look after them.

At times, kids may feel less important to the parents and thus, unwanted. Factually or erroneously, they can nurse the thought of parents being selfish and insensitive. By feeling left alone, they get detached from these parents or parent who they feel does not have them in mind and thus become distant.

It is also common to have kids feeling a parent or both were being immature and careless about the family and in handling the issues in the home. Hence, towards such parent, kids may express gross disrespectful and disregard as well as strong dislike for.

Kids love to feel relevant and cherished, if for one reason or the other they are lacking this attention as a result of their parents pulling apart, this deficiency leads them to build these characters.

Whenever parents are not living up to their expectations and are not living up to the standards expected of them, they are bound to invite negative reviews to themselves from their kids. With this bad reviews also come bad response and reaction in terms of attitude.

Thus, we see as one prominent one, the recoil into shell and closing up of kids. They build the defensive mechanism or physically and emotionally resisting the parent. The walls created in such kids can grow so tall that it becomes impossible to scale.

Consequently, it is wise for parents to explore all available avenues to resolve their issues and disputes before settling for the final decision of splitting. Therefore, separation should only become an option as the last resort when all other means fail.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/08/30/why-do-kids-become-bitter-towards-separated-parents/

Because divorce is a generational curse . Marriage is an investment which must be guided jealously. There is no reason whatsoever for it.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Midas01: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
kiss

No too reason am... Happy Monday to you.
Davash222:

Happy Weekend, troublesome Midas. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? / My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed / What Can A Woman Do If Her Husband Keeps Threatening Her With Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.