Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? (14895 Views)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / Boy Becomes 'Calm Down' Ambassador After "Mummy Calm Down" Viral Video / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04
cheesy

Good evening my fellow Nairalanders and compliments of the season....

So I recently moved into a new neighborhood last December,and I must really confess that this environment is so so cool,like everyone's living peacefully and amicably with one another..... Personally, I'm the calm kind of a guy.....An introvert,to the extent that if I'm not on the road via hustling,then I must be definitely be indoors, doing my stuffs online....

Now,the problem here is that my new neighbors have been secretly referring to me as a pastor due to my kind of lifestyle cheesy. What really baffled me was yesterday when a man whom I usually take to the park every Wednesday morning asked me if I've any affiliation with any Church........I said NO but I was really curious to know what was the reason behind that question...It was then he told me that it was my neighbor who's living in the flat close to my apartment was the one who told him I'm a pastor.

So,I just want to know,if anyone has ever had a similar experience in the past......That the moment people notice you're a calm and gentle person,they immediately tag you as a pastor or a religious personnel? Even without asking you first? cheesy

46 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by lilvicky68(m): 5:53pm On Jan 04
Maybe you dress like a pastor or you always say God bless you to people

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:55pm On Jan 04
lilvicky68:
grin. Not really...Tho I do dress casually,but I think they have their reasons tho.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Coolsat(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04
Maybe you are ugly 😂

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04
Coolsat:
Maybe you are ugly 😂
grin. Far from that nigha.......Is pastor chris Oyakhilome ugly? undecided.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Theworldisvanity: 6:17pm On Jan 04
Pastors are often gentle people and dress decently. Anybody who fall into this category will have to answer 'pastor' by choice or by force

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Ahnii(f): 6:26pm On Jan 04
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Tohsynetita1: 7:37pm On Jan 04
that's misconception, There are a lot of misconception in Nigeria, if you wear suit to work with tie, you are a pastor automatically, if you wear tattoo, dread, automatically you are a Yahoo boy. Basically, Nigerians judge with dressing.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Tohsynetita1: 7:38pm On Jan 04
that's misconception, There are a lot of misconception in Nigeria, if you wear suit to work with tie, you are a pastor automatically, if you wear tattoo, dread, automatically you are a Yahoo boy. Basically, Nigerians judge with dressing or behavior.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by blackpanthar: 3:26am On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

So I recently moved into a new neighborhood last December,and I must really confess that this environment is so so cool,like everyone's living peacefully and amicably with one another..... Personally, I'm the calm kind of a guy.....An introvert,to the extent that if I'm not on the road via hustling,then I must be definitely be indoors, doing my stuffs online....

Now,the problem here is that my new neighbors have been secretly referring to me as a pastor due to my kind of lifestyle cheesy. What really baffled me was yesterday when a man whom I usually take to the park every Wednesday morning asked me if I've any affiliation with any Church........I said NO but I was really curious to know what was the reason behind that question...It was then he told me that it was my neighbor who's living in the flat close to my apartment was the one who told him I'm a pastor.

So,I just want to know,if anyone has ever had a similar experience in the past......That the moment people notice you're a calm and gentle person,they immediately tag you as a pastor or a religious personnel? Even without asking you first? cheesy

Mynd44
Nlfpmod

Vawulence IS THE NEW NORMAL.

SEXUAL PERVERSION is the new VIBE

LOUSINESS is the new EXPRESSION

If you LACK these three, THEN EVERYONE ASSUMES YOU ARE NOT NORMAL, You must have had an encounter with DIVINITY so they call you PASTOR.

"Pastor" is the TITLE given to SOFT SPOKEN, EASY GOING POOR/AVERAGE INCOME MEN who look like SIMPLETONS, who are no threat and seem like they will TURN THE OTHER CHEEK or leave things for GOD. It is not a good title because it will bring you ridicule, shame and mockery, it will make everyone JUDGE YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS BUT EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS STANDARDS. It is a cage.

ON THE FLIP SIDE.....

someone in your neighbourhood may be a wiitch, wizard or an ESOTERIC trans-dimensional being and sees YOUR PURITY AND BLAMELESSNESS and tags you as a PASTOR.

either way, YOU ARE NOT SAFE. Chronically Change that notion consistently or quietly relocate.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Marvieduke(f): 1:26pm On Jan 05
You should be glad they called you pastor what if you were called yahoo boy or ritualist?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by sacajawea: 1:26pm On Jan 05
Foolishness and Stupidity, Crazy fuvkheaded Nigerian brains... With a twisted constantly amazing stupidity

17 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Oluwomonext212(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05
grin ;DVery funny grin
lilvicky68:

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by bigdammyj: 1:26pm On Jan 05
Reading...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by id4sho(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05
Lifestyle cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by omoredia: 1:28pm On Jan 05
Pastors are usually mumu. Its not calmness it is dullness and Jesus no send them that one
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by o123456789(m): 1:28pm On Jan 05
For me I don't see calm and gentle persons as pastor because there are so many reasons for calmness and gentility.
1. Some are calm and gentle because of life lessons, these were forced to be calm because of situations.
2. Others use calmness and gentility as a strategy to hide their real characters.
3. Some are calm because of their social status, these set of people have managers that help them to behave calmly and gentle.
Calmness and gentility is not a criteria for me to rate you as a pastor...Not all that glitters are gold!!!

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by wman(m): 1:28pm On Jan 05
Pastor pray for us o! wink cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by mytime24(f): 1:28pm On Jan 05
B
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by DropsMic(m): 1:28pm On Jan 05
Na black man mentality

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by 1TrippleCee: 1:28pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

The HolySpirit shines through. Unless you are unsure about your identity, you should know people see the glow of The HolySpirit around God's children and the aura declares Sonship of The Spirit to the world in an unmistakeable manner that can't be shaken of

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by YourGFsnatcher: 1:29pm On Jan 05
Becusee action speaks louder than words

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Akaegwu(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05
Them never see you knackered by different olosho.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by ShenTeh(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05
This is good PR for Christianity.

It shows that people agree that 'calmness' is a fruit of deep Christian faith.

Who wouldn't agree!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Banter1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05
Dey play
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Thobby02lawbar(f): 1:30pm On Jan 05
By their fruits you shall know them.. grin... Just play along no gree for anybody o undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by ttemmi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05
The emblem of a Christian is that of a peacemaker. Since Jesus Christ is called the Prince of Peace, the followers have the mandate to carry peace.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Fembleez1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05
Same thing my neigbour whom when I moved into a new house bought drinks for him to celebrate, told one of my friends who came around in December that I'm a pastor. The reason being that I don't hang out with them downstairs or around the neighborhood drinking. Lol, I just laughed and ignored him.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Animegirl(f): 1:31pm On Jan 05
I fear calm guys more than anything in life especially the ones looking like pastors better you know a yahoo boy through the way he dresses than someone looking like pastors, they're always sex starveangry.

Don't quote

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by datola: 1:31pm On Jan 05
Why do people/police see calm and gentle people as innocent/crime free

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Angelfrost(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05
That's what you get in a culturally religious enclave where decency and morality are largely ascribed to clergymen.

In Nigeria, piety is often closely linked with severe moderation of speech and actions.

So, if you speak, act, and show so little emotion, people conclude you are more spiritual-minded hence likely to be a man of the cloth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by GRACEGLORY: 1:31pm On Jan 05
🙄

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed / What Can A Woman Do If Her Husband Keeps Threatening Her With Death? / derailed topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.