Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria (16998 Views)

Alterations And Remodeling Architect In Nigeria / Architect In Isolo Lagos / Architect In Okota Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by busayochic: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
This is brilliant! I've learnt alot. Pls I have a few questions:
1. Is it advisable to use one architect to design the house and a different engineer to build? Or allow the architect also manage the entire construction of the house?
2. Based on getting the design approved, how many times is an architect expected to edit the building design for a client?

Thanks!
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by AsomArchitectNG(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
busayochic:
1. Is it advisable to use one architect to design the house and a different engineer to build? Or allow the architect also manage the entire construction of the house?
2. Based on getting the design approved, how many times is an architect expected to edit the building design for a client?

Thanks!

@ your first question yes it's depending on how well you trust his ability to deliver. Also the architects has a better understanding of the design in question.

Well talking about editing the design, it sorely depends on the client i.e if the client is satisfied with the first design done by the architect then there's no need to edit except in cases whereby the client wants a change in some areas in the design
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by busayochic: 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
Thanks alot for your swift response. I have one more question. Since trust is a major factor to consider what are the key things one should look out for before engaging an architect to execute a project? Should one go look at some of their ongoing and finished projects? If yes, pls what are the other things to look out for? Thanks!
AsomArchitectNG:

@ your first question yes it's depending on how well you trust his ability to deliver. Also the architects has a better understanding of the design in question.

Well talking about editing the design, it sorely depends on the client i.e if the client is satisfied with the first design done by the architect then there's no need to edit except in cases whereby the client wants a change in some areas in the design
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by AsomArchitectNG(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
busayochic:
Thanks alot for your swift response. I have one more question. Since trust is a major factor to consider what are the key things one should look out for before engaging an architect to execute a project? Should one go look at some of their ongoing and finished projects? If yes, pls what are the other things to look out for? Thanks!

Well there are various things to look out for before engaging an architect

You may want to know if they're registered or not or the level of services they render i.e there are some architects that deals mainly in landscaping while others are sorely designs architect but the most important thing you should look out for is his level of sincerity especially when it comes to dealing with money..

Well most times it's important you look out for his past projects to know the level of experience he has and also the level to which he can deliver. Though we understand that in some cases some architects are been limited to their clients budget thereby not enabling them do enough.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by Settright(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
Op for your information an architect is meant to put the design into drawing he or she is not meant to execute the project he or she is only expected to come around to see if is vision is actually been followed adequately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by uchenageme(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
It is clear that most of the people criticising the writer, for putting the architect in the construction team, are not experienced enough.

Construction projects are carried out by a team. And conventionally, the architect is the head of this team. So if you have worked on a large project before, you will notice that there are periodic site meetings and project coordination meetings. These are usually headed by the architect, who tries to ensure that everyone is working together for the good of the project.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by uchenageme(m): 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
The architect is also the only member of the team whose responsibility it is to go through all the documents and drawings prepared by every other member to ensure that there are no issues. I have made corrections to structural drawings, electrical drawings and even bill of quantities. So as to conform to the end result of the project. So saying that an architect is not concerned about the construction stage is laughable.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by Lsofdk(m): 6:57am On Sep 26, 2021
busayochic:

Thanks!
Use an architect for the architectural design, then a civil engineer for the structural design and execution of the construction work.
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by micky77(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2021
Not necessarily true that an Architect must lead a Project team. Most (recent) projects do have a Project Manager who can be a professional in any field in the built environment or a certified Project Manager who might not even be a built environment professional. Project management is now a distinct field of study.
uchenageme:
It is clear that most of the people criticising the writer, for putting the architect in the construction team, are not experienced enough.

Construction projects are carried out by a team. And conventionally, the architect is the head of this team. So if you have worked on a large project before, you will notice that there are periodic site meetings and project coordination meetings. These are usually headed by the architect, who tries to ensure that everyone is working together for the good of the project.
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Lsofdk:

My daddy just open his mouth and spew trash all in the name of having an opinion on the subject matter.
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by ikezudon(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2021
See this thief... If you copied the content, the very least you can do is credit the source... As I suffer write finish, you no even reason gimme credit... Come here claiming like you know wetin you dey write....

Here's the link to the article, and yes, I'm an Architect... Feel free to holla your boy, and browse through my other articles on the website...

Fufu Guy......

https://thearchitect.com.ng/hire-an-architect/
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by ikezudon(m): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
This thief copied all of this info from my website. Na Ole him be. No credit given.

https://thearchitect.com.ng
Re: Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria by anderssa(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20
Factors to consider when hiring an architect:
Qualifications and experience: Check the architect's qualifications, certifications and portfolio of past projects.
Specialization: Look for an architect who specializes in the type of project you have in mind. And he knows exactly where Purchase GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 26 cheap without any problems.
Communication: Choose someone who communicates well and understands your vision.
Budget: Negotiate rates and make sure the architect can work within your budget.
References: Ask for and check references from previous clients.
Tips for a fruitful collaboration:
Make your expectations clear: Clearly articulate your needs, wants and any special requirements for the project.
Stay involved: Check progress regularly and provide feedback.
Be open to suggestions: Architects have a wealth of knowledge; be open to their creative solutions.
Understand the process: Familiarize yourself with the design and construction process to better understand the architect's work.
Be willing to be flexible: Be prepared for changes and suggestions that may arise during the course of the project.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best & Unique House Design And Construction In Nig.if U Want The Best Read Dis / Victims Of Police Demolition Spend Christmas Under Trees / LASG Set To Deliver 360 Homes In Igbogbo, Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.