Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

British Council - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / British Council (16997 Views)

Venue Staff, British Council / British Council Nigerial Latest Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / British Council Nigeria Recruitment For Graduate Examinations Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Council by c2text: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bros, whoever tell you that an exam invigilator collects over 200k is lying big time. I have been working with them for almost 3 years. The work is flexible and you will be advised to get another because its part-time. Yes its a contract job and renewed usually after 2-3 years. Just know that you should still be searching for other better paying jobs because you will not be invited for invigilation regularly. Although ot depends on which state you are.

2 Likes

Re: British Council by c2text: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
Right now its 1050 naira per hour
Re: British Council by OBTOREPA(m): 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
c2text:

What's the approximate hours by a day
Re: British Council by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
I applied, but got no call up..

What didn't I do right?
Re: British Council by lereinter(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
The interview process defeats the job pay

5 Likes

Re: British Council by lereinter(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
c2text:
Bros, whoever tell you that an exam invigilator collects over 200k is lying big time. I have been working with them for almost 3 years. The work is flexible and you will be advised to get another because its part-time. Yes its a contract job and renewed usually after 2-3 years. Just know that you should still be searching for other better paying jobs because you will not be invited for invigilation regularly. Although ot depends on which state you are.

I can't forget the written exam, some wonderful English question
Re: British Council by peptones: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
c2text:
okay..like how many hours can one invigilate in a day? And what if you are asked to travel for invigilation,will they take care of your transport and feeding?
Re: British Council by oghenemoney(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
peptones:
it has closed.

Even if e don close, ona fit still share how ona apply.

1 Like

Re: British Council by luv2rolly(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
has the application ended? am interested please!
Re: British Council by Tripitaka: 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Amaifycyn:
Exam invigilator 220k - 300k through online search.

Lol!!

Not to rain in your parade but this isnt a job, kindly look for one. Note that It's a renewable 1yr contract.

220K? LMAO.

As at 2019, the pay was N850 per hour, while supervisors get 1,050 and the main business was IELTS invigilation which typically takes place twice a month on Saturdays. Around May or thereabouts IGSCE and Cambridge exams will come up and your services will be needed too.

Be ready to stand for 6-7hrs for 850 per hour.

Also, there is the speaking Test which may take place within the week.

Note that you may not work always as there will likely be a roster to accommodate all staff considering the limited number of slots for each invigilation.

The time spent setting up the hall the day before an exam is counted and an exam takes roughly 5hrs

In a typical month, you'll be lucky to make 15k.

220k? LMAO

2 Likes

Re: British Council by Amaifycyn: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thank you for the infor,

Lol!!

Not to rain in your parade but this isnt a job, kindly look for one. Note that It's a renewable 1yr contract.

220K? LMAO.

As at 2019, the pay was N850 per hour, while supervisors get 1,050 and the main business was IELTS invigilation which typically takes place twice a month on Saturdays. Around May or thereabouts IGSCE and Cambridge exams will come up and your services will be needed too.

Be ready to stand for 6-7hrs for 850 per hour.

Also, there is the speaking Test which may take place within the week.

Note that you may not work always as there will likely be a roster to accommodate all staff considering the limited number of slots for each invigilation.

The time spent setting up the hall the day before an exam is counted and an exam takes roughly 5hrs

In a typical month, you'll be lucky to make 15k.

220k? LMAO
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: British Council by chinonyealioha: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2021
was invited for the interview, done the interview on Tuesday 28 September

I too I did the interview on Wednesday 29 september. I want us to connect so let know when things start happening.
Re: British Council by peptones: 11:07am On Oct 05, 2021
chinonyealioha:
was invited for the interview, done the interview on Tuesday 28 September

I too I did the interview on Wednesday 29 september. I want us to connect so let know when things start happening.
Did mine on the 21st September too
Re: British Council by Uchecool21: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2021
Please do anyone know where I can do british curriculum training in Ibadan?
Re: British Council by peptones: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
Has anyone been contacted for the venue staff invigilator Role?
Re: British Council by luvlyoracle(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Amaifycyn:
Check your email, they sent email after submission and there is a link there to view ur profile.

The message is like this..

Thank you for applying for the position ​Exams Invigilators Nigeria​ 7231. We are currently reviewing your experience and qualifications. Should we determine that your profile meets our requirements, we will contact you with further instructions.

To review or update your candidate profile, please click here View/Edit Application ... .

Please find below a link to our career website with more information about our organisation and how to connect with our social networks and talent communities
Pls what's the requirements for the work
Re: British Council by Samcool4uall(m): 7:54am On Mar 04, 2023
Good day house, I applied for for the British council exam invigilator role, i have done the interview and completed all documents. I was sent a mail for an induction and documentation at Ibadan stated for later this month. Please i need someone to who has done this job before to advice me if it’s worth going for, cause in the agreement form the pay is N1,050 per hour, the process of interview and documenting is just so hectic to eventually be paid about a thousand naira per hour. Please someone advice me, thanks.
Re: British Council by fisayodayo: 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Samcool4uall:
Good day house, I applied for for the British council exam invigilator role, i have done the interview and completed all documents. I was sent a mail for an induction and documentation at Ibadan stated for later this month. Please i need someone to who has done this job before to advice me if it’s worth going for, cause in the agreement form the pay is N1,050 per hour, the process of interview and documenting is just so hectic to eventually be paid about a thousand naira per hour. Please someone advice me, thanks.

Have you taken the job and how many hours do you work per week/day?

3 Likes

Re: British Council by Capitabrain(m): 4:21am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello have you started the role and how are you finding it?

Samcool4uall:
Re: British Council by IyaTola: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2023
lereinter:

The interview process defeats the job pay
God bless you.
Re: British Council by Capitabrain(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
I have done the teams call session, was not my personal best. Its just somehow.
Capitabrain:
Hello have you started the role and how are you finding it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Something Is Wrong Somewhere / NAFDAC Aptitute Test Results / FG Institutes Panel To Oversee Fresh NIS Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.