Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? (3588 Views)

Policemen Forget Phone In Student’s Car After Extorting Him Of N150K In Rivers / Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
Please help me with the procedures and requirements of reporting a scammer to the police.

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by tk4rd: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
Sorry Bebe..
Be more careful next time dear.

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Premiumwriter2: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
One thing you need to realize is that in this country, once money leaves your account to another person's account, it becomes very hard for you to get it back...almost impossible.

it's so sad that they will see the transaction details on their computer but will keep telling you to go to court for affidavit, police statement and so on. that is why yahoo boys scam without any fear. they know the process of retrieving your money will frustrate you and you would eventually give up or as we say, leave it up to God

Hello,

it's your favourite account plug again smiley

5 years old twitter account up for sale 2.5k

10, 7, 5, 4, year old facebook account also up for sale at a 3-4k

whatsapp me 070-173-74140

2 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bluntsisi:

Please help me with the procedures and requirements of reporting a scammer to the police.

By visiting the nearest police station undecided
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Aristo3146(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
The process is long. I dont know how to start explaining here. The process has to be initiated as fast as possible.

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Aganju849: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bluntsisi:

Police will charge you more than 150k to track the fraudster
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by muller101(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
Slawormiir will avoid this thread

3 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by chiiraq802(m): 1:46am On Sep 26, 2021
muller101:
Slawormiir will avoid this thread

Slawormiir na international and not Local....

4 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by sundaygray(m): 2:15am On Sep 26, 2021
Baba lock up…e don go, think about how to make it back.
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by tk4rd: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Premiumwriter2:
One thing you need to realize is that in this country, once money leaves your account to another person's account, it becomes very hard for you to get it back...almost impossible.

it's so sad that they will see the transaction details on their computer but will keep telling you to go to court for affidavit, police statement and so on. that is why yahoo boys scam without any fear. they know the process of retrieving your money will frustrate you and you would eventually give up or as we say, leave it up to God

Hello,

If someone gets the Court Affidavit and Police Report, what again should he do??

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by tk4rd: 5:55am On Sep 26, 2021
sundaygray:
You see this your type of mentality??
You see this mentality of not seeking further??
This mentality of not struggling or fighting for what is yours (or for what is right)??
That's the very mentality that kept we Nigerians where we are today.
The bad ones continue to go free just because the people do not want to correct the bad things, and thus they left the system weak and unable to do anything.
Thus, the people and the system are just on autopilot.
Anything away from what is ordinary is overlooked, no matter how big it is.
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by tk4rd: 5:58am On Sep 26, 2021
HenryDion:

And what next??
grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:00am On Sep 26, 2021
HenryDion:

I know..
I will do that on Monday.
But what would the police Require??
I want to know ahead of time.
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:02am On Sep 26, 2021
sundaygray:
If you can't read the post and understand well, please don't comment.

This is how you let scammers to always think that it is their birthright to scam People and go free all the time
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Aganju849:

Police will charge you more than 150k to track the fraudster
It's not about the price.
It's about the scammer.
I will go to the police station on Monday.
What and what would they require to do the tracking??
And then, like how much does the tracking cost? Is it up to N200k??
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Aristo3146:
The process is long. I dont know how to start explaining here. The process has to be initiated as fast as possible.
I will go to the Police Station on Monday.
Please start explaining from anywhere at-all.
No matter how long the process is..
Just explain as much as you can.
Also, like how much will everything about the Police Tracking Cost?
You will definitely be saving lots of souls from despair and depression if you can explain further on this..
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 6:13am On Sep 26, 2021
Premiumwriter2:

Hello,

I can easily get the Court Affidavit.. I don't know how easy it is to get the Police Statement Yet though..
But then, if I succeed in getting these two things, what again should I do?
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by eduora: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Reports it to police needed money from you...going to bank needed long story and going to court needed money as same time....total amount of it will cost you more money.so sorry for your sad news and take heart....if you have excess money and go to police station and court....
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Premiumwriter2: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2021
tk4rd:
If someone gets the Court Affidavit and Police Report, what again should he do??
go back to the bank again and they will most likely freeze the account.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by sundaygray(m): 9:40am On Sep 26, 2021
tk4rd:
This mentality of not struggling or fighting for what is yours (or for what is right)??
The bad ones continue to go free just because the people do not want to correct the bad things, and thus they left the system weak and unable to do anything.

My brother calm down, it’s not a mentality, na the way the country be. It has happened to me before. I waka tire go the 2 banks that were involved in the transaction. No help, the money no come out.
A kidnapper threatened to kidnap my niece 2 years ago, demanded 100k and even dropped the account number in a letter. Police asked me for 180k to track the kidnapper. My brother the country is somehow, the best thing sometimes is to always move on.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by BigYash: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2021
It is what it is. Even police go scam you join las las.. Except you meet with a top officer in the force,then they will take you serious.. You will still spend money sha

3 Likes

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by faithfull18(f): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2021
tk4rd:
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by faithfull18(f): 11:31am On Sep 26, 2021
If you know a police man,link up and try and get a police report, they will charge you for it, they can also get magistrate banker's order to block his account and BVN, then you wait or you go through a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by NaijaCover(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
How Did They Scam You 150k
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Aganju849: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Bluntsisi:
It's not about the price.
It's about the scammer.
I will go to the police station on Monday.
What and what would they require to do the tracking??
And then, like how much does the tracking cost? Is it up to N200k??

It's not about the cost afterall whatever equipment they use is paid for by our taxes, along with their salaries. Naija police are are simply filled with opportunism and avarice.

Don't be surprised if the IPO even requests to sleep with you before he would commence investigations

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na sure banker say police get like 100k from that money if them mistakenly retrieve am self lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by lied(f): 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
post=106185225:
How Did They Scam You 150k
BABA DEY FIND NEW HEADLINE FOR HIN BLOG grin

True true @OP how were you scammed 150K in this buhari period.

1 Like

Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by tk4rd: 5:29am On Sep 27, 2021
sundaygray:

My brother calm down, it’s not a mentality, na the way the country be. It has happened to me before. I waka tire go the 2 banks that were involved in the transaction. No help, the money no come out.
A kidnapper threatened to kidnap my niece 2 years ago, demanded 100k and even dropped the account number in a letter. Police asked me for 180k to track the kidnapper. My brother the country is somehow, the best thing sometimes is to always move on.
Let's pray things get better with our country...
Honestly, this is so depressing.
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bluntsisi:

U didn't state much on how it happened na
Atleast narrate how u got scammed and also avenue in which u met the person,
From their let's see how it goes also I will help u check the link on how to report stuffs like that
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Bluntsisi: 9:37am On Feb 02, 2022
Lalasticlala,
Seun
Re: I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? by Crazychris: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2022
I hope you have more than N100k to sgive the police otherwise your money is gone for good..

I was at iyaganku police station few days ago and there was guy that came to report how a scammer defrauded him to the tune of N80, 000. Mainly looking at the guy I think he was just a normal hustling guy looking for ends to meet, he narrated to the police how that 80k was part of his life savings.
Those stupid officers charged this guy N30k just for a start that's not including money they would use fuelling their car o. And he was told that they can't guarantee him 100% of getting back the money..
The guy was confused and left with tears when he couldn't afford the money. Imagine paying up to N50,000 to get N80,000 back.

Sometimes I asked, is Nigeria even a country?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Terrorist! ISIS Shares Photo Of Baby Holding Huge Equipped Gun! / Nigerian Woman Beats Her Friend Mercilessly For Allegedly Sleeping With Husband / Birds Who Turns To Old Woman With Her Child Got Burnt and Killed in Lagos. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.