Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. (763 Views)

Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply / Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants / Landlords And Tenants' Rights In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by CR777: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
A thread was created earlier today asking Landlords and landladies to share their experiences with tenants.

Link to the thread www.nairaland.com/6770910/landlords-landladies-share-experiences-tenants/1

Well, it didn't generate much traffic because we all know how it is living with a landlord or landlady here in this part of the world, they are always the ones looking for tenant's trouble especially the landladies who feel tenants should worship them each morning they wake up.

Please tenants, let's hear your experiences with your landlords and landladies. I'm sure readers won't ever make the mistake of living in the same building with landlords and landladies after going through this thread.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by chatinent: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
All I want to say is:

Oga landlord, nobody wey no get house, e no bi say e no get house, take your time, landlord travel and see.

By the way,

I had a landlady.

She behaves like a demigoddess. Always threatening single tenants to tell her husband to send them parking and blablabla.

She carry am reach my side.

Normal normal, I no get shame. I change am for am on zero zero minutes.

She shock.

Well, she began to respect herself.

Goodnight.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by Cyphar(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
Imagine my landlord telling me not to stay late at night. Even told me the gate will be closed by 9pm when no be say I dey boarding school grin

He even complained about me playing music at night cry

We should just pray that God provides for us to build our own House.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by CR777: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
chatinent:
All I want to say is:

Oga landlord, nobody wey no get house, e no bi say e no get house, take your time, landlord travel and see.

By the way,

I had a landlady.

She behaves like a demigoddess. Always threatening single tenants to tell her husband to send them parking and blablabla.

She carry am reach my side.

Normal normal, I no get shame. I change am for am on zero zero minutes.

She shock.

Well, she began to respect herself.

Goodnight.

Chai, I guess she never expected what you did. Sometimes, it's good to just damn the consequences and act, i am also sure she would think twice before crossing your path again.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by CR777: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
Cyphar:
Imagine my landlord telling me not to stay late at night. Even told me the gate will be closed by 9pm when no be say I dey boarding school grin

He even complained about me playing music at night cry

We should just pray that God provides for us to build our own House.

Hahahahaha, the man still dey see you as student o.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by uncleck: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
I've lived most of my life as a tenant. I left home very early. I've had many experiences that I can't even begin to narrate now. I detest living in the same compound with my landlord, but where I find myself in such situation, I try to maintain a cordial, friendly relationship with the landlord. I don't care whether you're good or bad. But when you overdo, I show you the other side of me. One time, a landlord had to trace my father to our village just to report me to him because he tried everything humanly possible to ride me but he failed. Over all, I've had good relationship with my successive landlords. Let me just narrate this one.

During my undergraduate days, I stayed in this compound with the landlord. The compound was too built up that there was hardly space for ventilation. The landlord had this generator with one very loud funny sound. Whenever he is coming back in the evening he will come with fuel. The gen will be on till the fuel runs out normally around 2 or 3 am. Whenever the gen goes off you'll hear voices from neighboring compounds shouting 'thank God o', it was just so bad. But you can't do anything because he's an indigen.

I went home and brought my sweet sounding I pass my neighbor generator, the landlady had the effrontery to tell me that the sound of my own gen is disturbing her. One day I was in my room typing and printing as usual when my light went off, I went outside and discovered it was this woman that offed it. I became mad and charged towards her to beat her. Anger is not good; I totally forgot my home training grin Thankfully many people were around so they held me back. But I still finished her with mouth.

Later on she came and apologized saying she has never seen me in that mood before. People that witnessed my action that day said they saw terro in my eyes and wondered whether it was me because I am a very gentle and friendly person. Thereafter everything went back to normalcy
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by CR777: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
uncleck:
I've lived most of my life as a tenant. I left home very early. I've had many experiences that I can't even begin to narrate now. I detest living in the same compound with my landlord, but where I find myself in such situation, I try to maintain a cordial, friendly relationship with the landlord. I don't care whether you're good or bad. But when you overdo, I show you the other side of me. One time, a landlord had to trace my father to our village just to report me to him because he tried everything humanly possible to ride me but he failed. Over all, I've had good relationship with my successive landlords. Let me just narrate this one.

...typing

I love the fact you do stand up for yourself when the scenerio calls for it.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. by chatinent: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
CR777:

Chai, I guess she never expected what you did. Sometimes, it's good to just damn the consequences and act, i am also sure she would think twice before crossing your path again.

Sb told me she was touched by it.

She said she didn't know that as gentle as I was I would react that way.

Lols. Me wey no well.

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Places To Buy Land In Lagos And Environs / Parcel Of Land At Opebi, Ikeja / Construction Of Royal Hall And Mega Eatery By Arbo Contractor Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.