Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC (9204 Views)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election Results (INEC Portal Updates) / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results: INEC Official Announcement Updates / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results: INEC Official Announcement Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by africandollar: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Dem ready to provide e-naira and make it legal tender yet dem dey fear to transmit election results electronically? Isn't that the height of hypocrisy? No be juju be dat?! angry
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by Desultan(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
This is a below the belt blow to our NASS. Ordinarily, they should be the ones advancing this line of the argument but…….lest I forget, is it not Nigeria NASS again? Never known for positive actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by AmazingELixir: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
undecided

This INEC current position seem at variance to their earlier one when they were invited to make presentation at the hollow chambers.
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by Safyqueen: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
NickD:

APC won't let this fly because their rigging plans for 2023 will fail. Rubber stamp NASS.

It is not only APC, it is all of them. It will expose rigging in all facet of election not just presidential election alone. Remember some states are controlled by PDP and gubernatorial elections too will be affected.

1 Like

Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by treesun: 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sodiq3:
From Sodiq Omolaoye, Abuja

https://m.guardian.ng/news/bias-fears-weaken-nass-debate-on-e-transmission-of-election-results-inec/

See what Nigerians need to talk about especially youth, see as scanty as the topic is. Nigerians are not hoping for Change!

1 Like

Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by nzeobi(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
vedaxcool:
The same INEC that cannot manage card readers effectively is making noise about electronic transfer of result. The same idiots that could not deliver electoral materials for 2019 elections as scheduled which led to a postponement of the election are talking about fears and bias. The earlier the excesses of public institutions are appropriately dealt with the better service delivery will improve.

Look at people who insisted on use of card reader in 2015 now scared of transmitting results to reduce case of manipulations.
Your intentions are not pure but soon we'll know where you stand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by nzeobi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Guyman02:
The North is afraid of free and fair elections, their claims of having the population to decide everything na wash.
Most of the votes that Buhari (10m votes) used to defeat Jonathan came from manual voting while most of Jonathan votes was based on card readers which failed in many instances including in his polling unit in Otuoke.
Manual voting is the reason why Boko Haram ravaged Borno state had more votes than Lagos with its over 20m population and large participation in the elections of 2015 and 2019.

Not manual voting but writing of results, check buhari s vote in Kano, katsina,sokoto,kaduna in 2015 and 2019 and you will see it reduced very well because the opposition resisted rigging
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by iconnecta(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
bold move by INEC
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by kayusely70(m): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Vested interest are hell-bent to maintain the status quo.
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by iconnecta(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Selfmotivated:
Electronic transmission of results will breed falsification of election results and Nigerians are good at hacking website and compromising secured data

why have they not hack the banks and CBN to steal Billions ?

we have VPN tunkey network.
only INEC can communicate via the VPN, no external IP is allow.

website use IP, DNS - is IP converted into website human readable Name.
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by tritt(m): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bros i no go lie, this month has been challenging for me, never have i experienced such tension and pressure. I just have to wait for Oct.

confirmedniggae:
This month should waka go abeg..a too suffer this month AJE
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by confirmedniggae: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
tritt:
Bros i no go lie, this month has been challenging for me, never have i experienced such tension and pressure. I just have to wait for Oct.

me wey sapa wan kill this month...
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by tritt(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
No worry my guy God pass man even Buhari and his multiple zombies.

confirmedniggae:

me wey sapa wan kill this month...
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by AC4GOD(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
9JA
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by McTobe(m): 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
Mouth mouth and mouth. Say the truth and live free
vedaxcool:
The same INEC that cannot manage card readers effectively is making noise about electronic transfer of result. The same idiots that could not deliver electoral materials for 2019 elections as scheduled which led to a postponement of the election are talking about fears and bias. The earlier the excesses of public institutions are appropriately dealt with the better service delivery will improve.
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by BluntCrazeMan: 4:27am On Sep 28, 2021
AmazingELixir:
undecided

This INEC current position seem at variance to their earlier one when they were invited to make presentation at the hollow chambers.
INEC was not invited at the NASS..
Check your news very well..
It was NCC that was invited.
And even the NCC gave out data that was at variance with the data they had earlier released in 2018.
INEC in this released document referred to that same 2018 data which the NCC failed to give.
Re: Bias, Fears Weaken NASS’ Debate On E-Transmission Of Election Results – INEC by TGM2015: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2021
This INEC position is unnecessary except INEC officials has their personal motive. Will INEC ever go ahead with election without the Security verdict? Why should they go ahead on Communications with a verdict from legally recognised ministry on communication. Between INEC and NCC, who among them is the authority on capacity of Communication infrastructure in Nigeria.

INEC position was based on NCC decision as at 2018 and the 2021 Act says your position to transmission of elections must be based on NCC recommendations, so what is the difference? Before you make your stand on 2023 electronic transmission of results, you will still wait for the Joint Committee recommendations anchor by NCC. The Act only followed your process.

The clause, I see in the act is the ratification of the decision by NASS. But should that be a problem, no, in my opinion. NASS can not give contrary decisions if both INEC and NCC give the same position. What is they both have different stands, who will decide which position is best for Nigeria? The NASS ratification will also put more legal backing for their decision.

The Act as it is, is best for Nigeria democracy. INEC should rest. If they want to transmit results electronically, no is holding them, at least they adopt electronic accreditation years before it was made into law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aviation Stakeholders Condemn Lopsided Appointments In NCAA, FAAN, NAMA, AIB / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill / Happy Democracy Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.