Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? (2366 Views)

My Fiancee Is Relocating To UK / My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures) / Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by Golgothaboxing: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
Guys, I need your sincere advise.

I have been in Lagos for the past eight years, I concluded my undergraduate studies here in Lagos. But unfortunately I haven't been able to get something concrete doing since I graduated.

I stay with my friend and it hurts that I am not contributing anything to the household, I feel like I am inconveniencing him because he basically provides everything in the house.

Certificate aside, I am a fitness instructor and really good at it. I recently contacted an agent who has managed to secure a very cheap accomodation for me in Abeokuta Ogun state.

I would like to know if migrating to Abeokuta will be economically viable for me in the long run and would the fitness coaching work out there ??
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by triple996(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
I feel your pain brother cry.
Sadly alot of nigerian youths are going through hell.
But first of all ask yourself if the opportunity is there in abeokuta.
Do you have a job opportunity waiting for you over there, because the abeokuta I know is full of factories while Lagos is better in fanacial and services industry which also includes gym.
My advice is that you should step out of your field and try something else. Ogun as a whole has alot of industries, it will be a good idea to go there and try something new. Everything must not be Lagos. Let me tell you something, there are opportunities in Abuja(bt have accomodation problem),porthacort, kano, kaduna and possibly onisha. You must not always remain in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by HenryThegreat1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
1375f:
[s][/s]
Why this cancellation?
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by triple996(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
HenryThegreat1:

Why this cancellation?
Ignore him. He is a troll grin
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by expertman(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
Abeokuta is no better off.

I stayed in Abeokuta and I can tell you Abk is a very dull city .

You can easily get jobs at microfinance bank in fact I can help you secure one.

You can easily get jobs at schools .

Some one above talk of factories in Abk my brother no factories ooooo.

Abk is a civil servant city plus business people.

This is the little I can say but in honesty Abk is a very peaceful city.

Golgothaboxing:
Guys, I need your sincere advise.

I have been in Lagos for the past eight years, I concluded my undergraduate studies here in Lagos. But unfortunately I haven't been able to get something concrete doing since I graduated.

I stay with my friend and it hurts that I am not contributing anything to the household, I feel like I am inconveniencing him because he basically provides everything in the house.

Certificate aside, I am a fitness instructor and really good at it. I recently contacted an agent who has managed to secure a very cheap accomodation for me in Abeokuta Ogun state.

I would like to know if migrating to Abeokuta will be economically viable for me in the long run and would the fitness coaching work out there ??

1 Like

Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by OluwaJohn77: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
@expertman, i stay at Eleweran police station side can you help me secure Microfinance job
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by slan87(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
Bro,I reside here in abeokuta. Sincerely speaking, I will advise you to look elsewhere. Abeokuta is too dull & boring. Probably, think about ibadan cause I think ibadan has more opportunities than abeokuta. My 2cent

5 Likes

Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by slan87(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
expertman:
Abeokuta is no better off.

I stayed in Abeokuta and I can tell you Abk is a very dull city .

You can easily get jobs at microfinance bank in fact I can help you secure one.

You can easily get jobs at schools .

Some one above talk of factories in Abk my brother no factories ooooo.

Abk is a civil servant city plus business people.

This is the little I can say but in honesty Abk is a very peaceful city.

Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by MG007: 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
You have been in lag for almost 8 years without much to show for it. I don’t think you need a life tutor to tell you to look elsewhere . I stay in Abk and I can honestly tell you the opportunities here are very limited, so look beyond Abeokuta and try something new

1 Like

Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by expertman(m): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Yes sure u I will give you the area manager number once you tell him my name he will attend to you with your CV.

I stayed at Aregbe Obantoko

OluwaJohn77:
@expertman, i stay at Eleweran police station side can you help me secure Microfinance job
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by OluwaJohn77: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
expertman:
Yes sure u I will give you the area manager number once you tell him my name he will attend to you with your CV.

I stayed at Aregbe Obantoko

Ok, @expertman am a graduate of computer science, I will appreciate o, please ur WhatsApp number
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by expertman(m): 2:57am On Sep 27, 2021
Reach me on email experttaiwo@gmail.com

OluwaJohn77:

Ok, @expertman am a graduate of computer science, I will appreciate o, please ur WhatsApp number
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by OluwaJohn77: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2021
expertman:
Reach me on email experttaiwo@gmail.com

Thanks bro I will message you
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by youngtee5(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
Try new work in Abk, if u can ride car try applying for sales jobs. I live in abk for 3 years plus I was into sales job most of my savings go to school fees. Am back to Lagos.
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by seunny4lif(m): 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
OluwaJohn77:

Try do Odin project and upload to GitHub or do Sales force course.
CS graduated no dey look for jobs
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by OluwaJohn77: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
seunny4lif:

Try do Odin project and upload to GitHub or do Sales force course.
CS graduated no dey look for jobs
Am a frontend web developer any job for me
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by seunny4lif(m): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
OluwaJohn77:

Am a frontend web developer any job for me
Do Odin project and apply for jobs remotely.
IT are hot cakes in Europe and USA
Re: Is relocating To Abeokuta From Lagos A Good Idea?? by lajidson(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2022
Accommodation! Accommodation!!
Accommodation!!!

Looking for accommodation has now been made easier, faster and more reliable.

If you're looking for accommodation anywhere in Abeokuta, I’ll find your ideal accommodation for you.

You deserve the best!

WhatsApp or call

Accommodation! Accommodation!!
Accommodation!!!

Looking for accommodation has now been made easier, faster and more reliable.

If you're looking for accommodation anywhere in Abeokuta, I’ll find your ideal accommodation for you.

You deserve the best!

WhatsApp or call

(1) (Reply)

Way Your Options. / Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! / Meet The Airbus Super-Sized,Whale-Like Cargo Carrier:The Airbus Beluga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.