Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos (11556 Views)

Rivers And Delta State People Are Igbos (videos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
I have new material on Nembe people of Bayelsa which shows Nembe Brass may actually be Igbos. Ijaw brethren shall we begin grin grin grin

Who are the Nembe people. Since the Internet breaking video of Igbo speaking youths attacking the king of Brass' palace investigation has been ongoing to ascertain of the Nembe/Brass people have a connection to the Igbo race. And the discoveries have been interesting.

5 Likes

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
Our findings so far as research and investigation continues.

The Nembe people are descended from mostly Arochukwu. This is not wishful thinking it is very likely the truth. Let us look at some facts hitherto unknown to people.

1) Virtually everything of great traditional importance done in Nembe is done only after inquisition from Arochukwu!

2) The Nembe revere the python! Traditionally the python is most revered of all the cultural symbols. And this was on instructions from Arochukwu after the other symbols of worship failed them. Remember that in one British voyagers account of Bonny he narrated how the Brass people celebrated the "long juju" of Arochukwu.

3) The Nembe people use a traditional 4 days of the week.

4) Just like the Kalabari many Brass/Nembe refuse to accept they are Ijaws, both young and old. This has brought consternation between they and the Ijaw(Izon) expansionist.

5) Due to their Igbo heritage (likely Arochukwu) the leopard hat (okpu agu) is a permanent feature in Nembe!

6) Egbesu worship which is the heart and core of Izon culture has been observed to be absent amongst the Nembe. The Nembe have distinct beliefs.

7) Many are fluent Igbo speakers.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Pictures

1) Nembe youths carrying the "Ebebege". A key spiritual symbol. Observe the dressing of the youths. (Forget the Ijaw clown who said Nembe-Ijaw there).

2 and 3) Nembe youths in their boat regatta. Okpu agu everywhere. Recent discoveries have uncovered the boat tradition is not exclusive to the Ijaw as projected. Aboh kingdom of old fought wars and policed their waters effectively with huge gunboats. We are still researching on gun boat use amongst the Ndoki people.

Bkayy, Ariani, Ekealterego, Supremos etc

8 Likes 2 Shares

About Wakrike (Okrika)

Every Wakrike group you walk into they keep murmuring on being owners of Port Harcourt. The consistency with which they claim the area amongst themselves would make one think they are being honest.

The status of Port Harcourt is well documented though despite any land grabbing moves. It is only the stupid act of the Ikwerres that allows the Wakrike claim Port Harcourt. A simple adage says : when there is infighting within the fold a stranger would take the inheritance. That is simply what is playing out. Udo nu.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by leofab(f): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Transcriber: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
We are moving.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Captain8(m): 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
even yourself doesn't believe what you saying....
i know why you doing this..... you doing it because you want us to feel pain and leave the fact sayin " there is no ibo in the south south"..... guy, for where..?.. we die here... as for that "ibo is not in the south south", it just begun... if you like write that Ijaw is not Ijaw, we don't care, but you see that true fact of no ibo in south south, we with it....
if you like called your israel, we will continue to say it till thy kingdom come because we have all evidence that there is no single ibo in south south...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
Captain8:
even yourself doesn't believe what you saying....
i know why you doing this..... you doing it because you want us to feel pain and leave the fact sayin " there is no ibo in the south south"..... guy, for where..?.. we die here... as for that "ibo is not in the south south", it just begun... if you like write that Ijaw is not Ijaw, we don't care, but you see that true fact of no ibo in south south, we with it....
if you like called your israel, we will continue to say it till thy kingdom come because we have all evidence that there is no single ibo in south south...

The area of research we are focusing on now is why the Izon and Nembe don't understand each other. We observed there are similarities but we also know despite these similarities they are distinct people. It would seem the Nembe are descended from Igbo and Izon mix of cultures mainly, with the Igbo being the bulk of the mix, as well as other cultures contributing too. Hence the distinction and drift from Izon, and resulting closeness to Igbo. But it is all hypothesis until proven with more information.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
A video from Opobo came up too cheesy as well as some pictures.

Watch the Ijaw language being spoken in Opobo. Very interesting language that any nwafor on the street of Alaigbo can understand. https://www.facebook.com/Opobiansblog/videos/193489102621738/?app=fbl

2) Opobo king. What is he holding in his hand?

3) Look at what desperate revisionism can cause. [First Paragraph] Amaigbo umuduruoha is now in Ijawland embarassed maybe because of ama there. Amaigbo it's time to join IYC embarassed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Captain8(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

The area of research we are focusing on now is why the Izon and Nembe don't understand each other. We observed there are similarities but we also know despite these similarities they are distinct people. It would seem the Nembe are descended from Igbo and Izon mix of cultures mainly, with the Igbo being the bulk of the mix, as well as other cultures contributing too. Hence the distinction and drift from Izon, and resulting closeness to Igbo. But it is all hypothesis until proven with more information.
don't you know you are talking to me about this?
Me the omni-knower... Me wey know all ibo secret....
Well... now..let also look why wawa language, ezza language, onitsha language, orlu language, are different from the iboe language..?.. Can you please explaine?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Captain8:
don't you know you are talking to me about this?
Me the omni-knower... Me wey know all ibo secret....
Well... now..let also look why wawa language, ezza language, onitsha language, orlu language, are different from the iboe language..?.. Can you please explaine?

I understand all the "languages" you listed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:
Pictures

1) Nembe youths carrying the "Ebebege". A key spiritual symbol. Observe the dressing of the youths. (Forget the Ijaw clown who said Nembe-Ijaw there).

2 and 3) Nembe youths in their boat regatta. Okpu agu everywhere. Recent discoveries have uncovered the boat tradition is not exclusive to the Ijaw as projected. Aboh kingdom of old fought wars and policed their waters effectively with huge gunboats. We are still researching on gun boat use amongst the Ndoki people.

Bkayy, Ariani, Ekealterego, Supremos etc
At this juncture am not sure there's any homogeneous Izon LGA anywhere in Nigeria. Ijaw will be so ripped apart when the time comes.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Captain8(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

I understand all the "languages" you listed.
shut up your stinkin mouth..... na today i know ham? i knew it back in the primary school time where ebonyi boy and imo boy both teachin me ibo with different words..... the worst part is that they couldn't understand each other...thats when i stop learnin their babel ibo language, but i teach them Ijaw perfectly..... the imo boy even accused the ebonyi of fake ibo.... this happen at lagos ibeju lekki
local government area of abijoh primary school.....
who you wan lie give?
it it because i don't want to expose your ibo?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
Supremos:
At this juncture am not sure there's any homogeneous Izon LGA anywhere in Nigeria. Ijaw will be so ripped apart when the time comes.

Lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Captain8:
shut up your stinkin mouth..... na today i know ham? i knew it back in the primary school time where ebonyi boy and imo boy both teachin me ibo with different words..... the worst part is that they couldn't understand each other...thats when i stop learnin their babel ibo language, but i teach them Ijaw perfectly..... the imo boy even accused the ebonyi of fake ibo.... this happen at lagos ibeju lekki
local government area of abijoh primary school.....
who you wan lie give?
it it because i don't want to expose your ibo?

Stop making noise my brother. I understand all the "languages" you listed. Tell us why Nembe are wearing Igbo cap and why Nembe don't understand Izon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by proeast(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
Minorities of SS are just lucky to have Igbos as neighbors. We have enough evidence to claim most of Rivers State, half of Delta and parts of Bayelsa and Edo states as our territories. However, we are business minded in nature which now makes small ethnic groups like ijaws to be encroaching on our lands.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by SlayerForever: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Another side to the argument wink

If Aro is this far spread over a large area with several "descendants" everywhere, they may be just as numerous as Nri. One would think the Nri are overwhelming numerous. Though I recognize that this areas are not huge in population : Okrika, Ubani, Nembe. So perhaps Nri still takes it wink

7 Likes

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:
A video from Opobo came up too cheesy as well as some pictures.

Watch the Ijaw language being spoken in Opobo. Very interesting language that any nwafor on the street of Alaigbo can understand. https://www.facebook.com/Opobiansblog/videos/193489102621738/?app=fbl

2) Opobo king. What is he holding in his hand?

3) Look at what desperate revisionism can cause. [First Paragraph] Amaigbo umuduruoha is now in Ijawland embarassed maybe because of ama there. Amaigbo it's time to join IYC embarassed
Ijaws won't know what will hit them. They should fervently pray against Nigeria's division. They would have to conquer Igbo Nation militarily before they will form any form of government.

Ijaw Nation pray hard.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
proeast:
Minorities of SS are just lucky to have Igbos as neighbors. We have enough evidence to claim most of Rivers State, half of Delta and parts of Bayelsa and Edo states as our territories. However, we are business minded in nature which now makes small ethnic groups like ijaws to be encroaching on our lands.
Even up until now, Israel is still taking lands from Palestine. We wouldn't mind taking such steps.

7 Likes

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Captain8(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

Stop making noise my brother. I understand all the "languages" you listed. Tell us why Nembe are wearing Igbo cap and why Nembe don't understand Izon.
Nembe speak Izon language.... i understand everything nembe can say....
now, tell me why ezza wawa onitsha languages are different from ibo?
tell me why igbo is made up of 7languages?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Parachoko: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Funny thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by richmond500: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:
I have new material on Nembe people of Bayelsa which shows Nembe Brass may actually be Igbos. Ijaw brethren shall we begin grin grin grin

guy stop fooling urself.

Is this what Igbo has been reduced to? Is Igbo going extinct that u have to lie with by force attache just to remain relevant?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

Lol
Not funny bro. That we merciful handed them 8 L.GAs, that's why they have the effontry to look the Great Igbo Nation that startled the global community in 1967-70, in the eye, to encroach on our territory.

That's capital punishment.

8 Likes

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by richmond500: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Supremos:
Not funny bro. That we merciful handed them 8 L.GAs, that's why they have the effontry to look the Great Igbo Nation that startled the global community in 1967-70, in the eye, to encroach on our territory.

That's capital punishment.
A true Igbo blood will be ashamed of u.

Igbo is now so irrelevant that u have to claim brotherhood, u are destroying the ego of an average Igbo man

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
[s]
richmond500:
guy stop fooling urself.

Is this what Igbo has been reduced to? Is Igbo going extinct that u have to lie with by force attache just to remain relevant?
[/s]
Rie nsi ewu.

It's rather your 8 L.G.As that will soon go into extinction.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by richmond500: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
Supremos:
[s][/s]
Rie nsi ewu.

Igbo is now a comedy tribe, thanks to u ipob piglets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
richmond500:
A true Igbo blood will be ashamed of u.

Igbo is now so irrelevant that u have to claim brotherhood, u are destroying the ego of an average Igbo man
Mpama. Not even Nigeria with her Arab and British allies could make us go into extinction, is it your 8 .L.G.A ijaw that will do it?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by richmond500: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Supremos:
[s][/s]
Rie nsi ewu.

The igbos I knew when I was young has pride and ego, right now the tribe is a shadow of itself.

U may not believe this but u guys have successfully tarnished the tribe's image with ur nonsense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by richmond500: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Supremos:
Mpama. Not even Nigeria with her Arab and British allies could make us go into extinction, is it your 8 .L.G.A ijaw that will do it?
Why den can't u rest with the by force attachment, is the tribe so useless that u have to make noise to get attention?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by Supremos: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
[s]
richmond500:
The igbos I knew when I was young has pride and ego, right now the tribe is a shadow of itself.

U may not believe this but u guys have successfully tarnished the tribe's image with ur nonsense
[/s].

Fish brain. What you think of us is grossly immaterial.

6 Likes

Re: Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos by richmond500: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Supremos:
[s][/s].

Fish brain. What you think of us is grossly immaterial.
u now create thread daily to attack Ijaws.

One thing u should understand is that the Ijaw nation sees nothing of value from ur tribe, infact ur tribe is inconsequential to us, we see u as terrorists and backstabbers

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Manjack People From Senegal / Do You Consider Somalis Black? / Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.