Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Words Used To Describe Cars? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Words Used To Describe Cars? (34157 Views)

Animal Dung Isn't Gonna Be A Waste As Cow Poo Is Used To Power Automobiles / Unbelievable!! Cow Excreta Used To Power Vehicles.. Sets World Record / Can Toyota Camery Pencil Engine &gear Be Used To Replace Kia Seduna Engine&gear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Midas02(m): 4:39am On Mar 20, 2008
V-booth or V-yash = W124 Mercedes Benz (1985-1995 mid-size benz)
Regular = W123 Mercedes benz (1975-1984 mid-size benz)
Frog Eye/Beauty = W210 Mercedes Benz series (1996-2003 E class)
Concord/Shagari = W126 (1980-1991 S class)
Flying coffin = Commercial 504 Stationwagon grin
Pure water = used for any car that is too common and is seen everywhere! (e.g 1997-1999 Toyota Camry)
Coja = BMW 3 series (1999-2004)
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:02am On Mar 20, 2008
@ All,

This is nice to know, cheesy

We learn something new every day. cool
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by ominyx: 6:05pm On May 07, 2008
Who knows what a 2001 Toyota Avensis goes for these days and does anyone have a good toks?
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 07, 2008
dinasour-camry 2007
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by lucabrasi(m): 2:49am On May 08, 2008
@bugado
im feeling your rhymes with the names man,you should use it to do naija hip hop grin amana pinchin
i v heard of oye pumping-full aircondition
first lady-the small toyota
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by lucabrasi(m): 2:53am On May 08, 2008
@christino,kubiboy you guys are too much, im here with like 5 of my friends and we r laughn like crayzee at these names, naija no dey carry last grin
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 7:13am On May 08, 2008
Hmm, interesting.

I've heard of a Honda recently, referred to as "Discussion Reloaded" - D-Reloaded.

What model's that?
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by maypormilla: 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
The internet is recognized as a repository of relief and with the interactivity of the trap a budding subject paragon is presented. This article disposition talk relating to the close of the spider's web cam business. It is conventionally spectacularly known that the grown-up thesis assiduity is a billion dollar energy, and with numberless heading for the net to earn supplemental gains, this sedulousness is appearcing juicer each and every day.

more around webcam business
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nicols(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
maypormilla:

The internet is recognized as a repository of relief and with the interactivity of the trap a budding subject paragon is presented. This article disposition talk relating to the close of the spider's web cam business. It is conventionally spectacularly known that the grown-up thesis assiduity is a billion dollar energy, and with numberless heading for the net to earn supplemental gains, this sedulousness is appearcing juicer each and every day.

more around webcam business

Damn! I forgot my dictionary at home.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by EDOYORUBA: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2009
@ maypormilla . Bros this is not a grammar lecture, we are talking of naija nick names for cars, and not grammatical functions or vocabulary, lol
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2009
kubiboy:

srap- old car
Boys carton - car that u start wiith wire
power winding - automatic glass lifter
amana biting - powerful a/cAmana dusting - open roof
short sleeve - convertible
small boy - MR 2
u cant beat the bee - beetles
End of discussion - Honda 2002
Begining of evolution - Honda 2004

LMAO - short sleeve - convertible. cheesy grin

I wonder who named all these cars.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by x2lambo(m): 9:56am On Nov 10, 2009
Fellas , what is the different between Lx AND Ex Hondas
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2009
x2lambo:

Fellas , what is the different between Lx AND Ex Hondas

Those refer to the trim levels.

The EX will have the options fitted to the lower-spec LX, and more.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2009
FELLOW NLS

HOW GOOD IS AMERICAN MUSCLE AKA FORD MUSTANG 1999 MODEL.

IM EYEING ONE
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by pureminded: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2009
Chocks-Rimz
Slippers - Rimz
All star - Rimz
Trainers - Rimz
Sandal - Rimz
Eshin (Horse) - The Car Generally
Righty - Right Hand Drive car
Okere - Wrecked Car

That's that for now cool

kubiboy:

srap- old car

Boys carton - car that u start wiith wire

power winding - automatic glass lifter

amana biting - powerful a/c

Amana dusting - open roof

short sleeve - convertible

small boy - MR 2

u cant beat the bee - beetles

End of discussion - Honda 2002

Begining of evolution - Honda 2004
Hmm hmm , O like Long sleeve, grin grin Nice one!
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2009
OYINBOGOJU:

FELLOW NLS

HOW GOOD IS AMERICAN MUSCLE AKA FORD MUSTANG 1999 MODEL.

IM EYEING ONE

Wrong thread.

Besides, over here, you said you'd bought one:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-350093.0.html

I'd stick to that thread, rather than cluttering up the board with another.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2009
I BROUGHT IT UP BECAUSE SOMEONE MENTIONED THE NAME HERE.

NO NEED TO GET ANGRY NW
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Ladealm: 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2010
Point of correction

babyboy and bullet are different.
Babyboy - Honda Accord 2000 model
Bullet - Honda Accord 1998 model. Actually looks like a bullet when viewed from its side.

Bulldog - Honda Accord 1996 model. Also looks like a buuldog; wide face (bonet), thick butt (trunk).
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Ladealm: 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2010
Which one is "Discusion Continues"?
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Pappee: 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2010
there is also Honda Addidas, i dont know the model but the tail lights has three stripes like addidas logo. wink I think is one eroupe spec of accord between 1996 and 1997. wink
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by drhappy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
Anaconda- 2007-2008 Honda Accord
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by beecrofty(m): 12:42am On Mar 05, 2010
Honda Adidas = european version of Honda Baby boy.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by TCann(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
Midas02:

Most nicknames or monikers have a very specific meaning and are not just mindless slangs. Also a lot of people without a clear understanding of automobiles mix up the names/monikers. "Christino" you are right about the order of Honda monikers. "Kubiboy" you have it wrong about end of discussion and beginning of evolution.

Chassis!/Cha-cha/Tear rubber = Brand New Car
Honda Halla/Skira = 1990-1993 Honda Accord
Padded =  this first refered to the Mercedes Benzes that had body coded plastic molds in the lower body sections, they looked padded e.g V-boot or W-124 series 1990 - 1995, W-126 series 1988-1991(also called padded Shagari) however people generally call cars with similar plastic mold body styling "padded"
Bulldog = Most people have it wrong today, it originally refered to the 1994 - 1997 Honda Prelude however since most people mix cars up, they started using the moniker for the 1994 - 1997 American spec Honda Accord which became far more common.
Bullet = This is the name for the 1994-1998 European spec Honda Accord
Academy = This is the original moniker for the 1994 - 1997 American Spec  Honda Accord
Muscle/Bakassi = Current model (2007) Toyota Camry
Babyboy =  American Spec Honda Accord (1998-2002)
Beast = This was the ultimate Mercedes Benz S-Class W-140 series; this cars were massive and impressive hence the name
End of Discussion = American Spec Honda Accord (2003-2005)
Beginning of Evolution = Not a very popular moniker yet however it refers to American Spec Honda Accord (2006-2007). Major difference with the "End of Discussion" is that the Rear light/bumper assembly was revamped and restyled. Front assembly remained unchanged!
Pencil light = 1997-1999 Toyota Camry (refers to the back light being narrow and straight across)

Beautiful corrections to all the mix ups been fed here since (Esp Accord 2002 which is a ''baby boy'' wrongly referred to as ''bull dog'').
But just a small dissent, IMO, Accord 2006-2007 is ''Discussion Continues''

In addition;

Accord 2009-2011== ''Evil Spirit''

I stand to be corrected!
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2011
T-Cann:

Accord 2009-2011== ''Evil Spirit''
I stand to be corrected!

Evil Spirit! Bro, I dare not correct you, LMAO.  grin
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by TCann(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2011
Siena:

Evil Spirit! Bro, I dare not correct you, LMAO.  grin

@Siena, bros no be small thing o! grin
, to avoid stories that touch, bros eh, you need to drive one of those '10/'11 accord machines and you will be moved!
No be engine honda dey stuff inside those things again,, going by the name na, na evil spirit!. A drive around the wide streets of CBD for Abuja or third mainland at 12 midnight will convince you, but dey careful unto say make dem mammy water cousins residing below 3rd mainland no cause katakata for you during your test drive o!. wink grin grin grin

Cheers.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Emperoh(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2011
T-Cann:

@Siena, bros no be small thing o! grin
, to avoid stories that touch, bros eh, you need to drive one of those '10/'11 accord machines and you will be moved!
No be engine honda dey stuff inside those things again,, going by the name na, na evil spirit!. A drive around the wide streets of CBD for Abuja or third mainland at 12 midnight will convince you, but dey careful unto say make dem mammy water cousins residing below 3rd mainland no cause katakata for you during your test drive o!. wink grin grin grin

Cheers.

But some still call it Anaconda
Am i wrong?
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Abbey2sam(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
Everbright: @ topic have you heard of TEAR RUBBER[color=Black][/color] -Brand new car tear rubber is not a nigerian slang....tear rubber means anytins dats brand new...copy that @everbright
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
pappilo: allah & skeerach - honda accord 1991

pure water - honda accord 1989

end of discussion - honda accord 2002

2002 Accord is still a baby boy
End of Discussion is the 2003 Accord to 2006 model, while the 2007 is Discussion Continued.
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by hustla242: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ijapa- Volkswagen bug.

Gbedu- Sound system

èsè - Rims
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2012
guys you people are busy mentioning cars that are not too old. WHAT OF IJAPA - BETTLE . HAHAHA . The type my great grand father used those days . The type the late formal governor of ondo state(adefaranti) used in 1997 .the type our present president GEJ used before he decided to eat like saint farouk
Re: Words Used To Describe Cars? by shadrach77: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
eshin (horse)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx / IVM Cruise Unveiled In Enugu By Governor Ugwuanyi / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.