Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc (1085 Views)

Ambode Won’t Probe Fashola – APC / REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari / Jonathan Has No Intention To Probe Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by smile007: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2007
Make una come see ooooo. He don happen again ooo. EFCC don say hin no go probe baba iyabo ! fellow nairalanders what do u think about this ?
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by desgiezd(m): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2007
Concerning appropriation/misappropriation of funds, if EFCC does not do it now, obviously they'll do it later. If they dont do it later, another government agency like ICPC will do it. . Also, if OBJ is not tried in Nigeria for human rights abuses on account of masacres at Odi and Zaki Biam, UNO will do it. It may not be now but it will surely come and in his lifetime too.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by omofineboy(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2007
Atime I think Nuhu Ribadu is corrupt himself, and that he must have benefited so much from Obasanjo's loot, if he can deny this let him start a probe into the activities of Obasanjo's eight years wicked rule. I bet you Ribadu has no such gut, his hands are soiled, but I must add that the fact that Nuhu wont probe Obasanjo doesnt mean OBJ wont be probed, very soon God will raised Special Investigators that have more expertise than the famous FBI that would probe him and the result would be his eventual imprisonment.

chikena
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by denex: 9:35am On Jul 23, 2007
You people should not look at things from their surface value and don't believe everything you hear.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by angel101(f): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2007
Does anybody have the source of this gist?
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by Mandora(f): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2007
Wat reasons are dey offering 4 not probing him? I mean there has 2 b a realy good reason
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by denex: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2007
I don't know if they said so, but even though they said so doesn't mean they mean so. Abi no be so police dey work? Give you reason to put your guard down?
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2007
@ Poster,
What is your source. Nairalanders, please even though we may have been hurt by actions of our former leaders, it is only decent to get a source before we make comments. Poster before you make a statement like that provide a source, we cannot comment on beer parlour and bus stop Discussions
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by desgiezd(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2007
This story is carried by almost all the papers today but I read it in The Punch
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2007
Provide a link
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by Tornadoz(m): 10:44am On Jul 23, 2007
EFCC would look stupid if they probe OBJ and leave Babangida.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by desgiezd(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2007
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by angel101(f): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2007
From what i read it says 'not in the immediate future' which honestly does not say anything. On the other hand, the same EFCC was alledged to have cut a deal (plea bargain) with the govs now being prosecuted. what does that tell us?
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by denex: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2007
That tells us that we should never believe a policeman.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by desgiezd(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2007
It also tells us that politicians should continue with their looting with a stronger vigor, at the end of the day, if harassed by EFCC, they can return a certain % of their loots, escape prosecution, and keep the balance which could still be in billions. Now, who's deceiving who?
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2007
desgiezd:

It also tells us that politicians should continue with their looting with a stronger vigor, at the end of the day, if harassed by EFCC, they can return a certain % of their loots, escape prosecution, and keep the balance which could still be in billions. Now, who's deceiving who?
No it tells us that the EFCC chairman is smart, Collect the stolen money then Prosecute them. If you prosecute them first, you may never recover their loot.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by angel101(f): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2007
aisha2:

No it tells us that the EFCC chairman is smart, Collect the stolen money then Prosecute them. If you prosecute them first, you may never recover their loot.

Exactly.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by desgiezd(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2007
Do you call the sentence given Tafa Balogun a result of true prosecution? Six months for embezzling N17b?
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by McKren(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2007
Only a handfull Nigerians can do their jobs effectively given the sort of pressure Ribadu faces. Only a hand full. Ribadu this Ribadu that, very soon we will start asking Ribadu to probe our wives partners for being unfaithful.

On the issue of plea bargain
It is acceptable anywhere in the world, if you own up and not waste the judges time you are likely to get a reduced sentence.

On whether 6 months is long enough
While it might not be so long, the priority should be on recovering the loot. This country has not fed its citizens on the streets let alone catering for people who can be of economic use to themselves. There is no point keeping people in Prison for too long especially if they are no danger to the public. I think 6months is not too bad.
Trust me no one wants to be reckoned as an ex-convict, expecially for corruption as that is likely to destroy everything that makes you you.

On EFCC and OBJ
People must separate emotions from facts.
That OBJ was Petroleum Minister for 100 years, that he had 1 Naira yesterday but has 1trillion Naira today or that he bought a car for his girlfriend etc. none of these will stand as evidence in any court of law. As long as no one can categorically present dossiers detailing how OBJ diverted public funds into private interest then probing OBJ will remain the wishful thinking of his political enemies or intentional campaign of calumny.

People will go to punch, thisday, tribune, independent, leadership, proving they know how corrupt OBJ is, the easy bit which is to simply walk into an Abuja Highcourt to innitiate court proceedings no one does it. why?

EFCC says it has no case against OBJ, anyone who doubts it simply has evidence that EFCC does not have and should simply do this country the favour of approaching an Abuja Highcourt.

Aliyu Gusau was NSA for 6 years he should know of OBJ's illicit dealings if their is one, Tony Anenih was OBJ's right hand man for so long he should also be in the know. These men have since fallen out with OBJ and pitched tents with OBJ's political enemies. Why havent they furnished the opposition what they know so that we can put this matter to rest.

To me all these attempts to tell the EFCC how they should do their job is diversion of attention.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by chidichris(m): 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2007
mckren,
if your presentations are just for this forum, you are then under-utilized.
please mr.presenter, could u pls tell us the conditions for probing ex-officials?
could you pls tell us who mube probed and who must not.
we are saying what is good for john is equally good for johnson.
we are against selective justice.
problem we are crfor is the entity called nigeria not abia state or platue state.
sanity can only come from aso rock.
go back to history and read about julius nyerere.
there could be no other level of madness higher than the over look of aso rock for state governments.
a clean-up in aso rock will definitely send a massage to all the state and local government officials.
pls tell me about your lessons of war against indicipline by tunde idiagbon. the man will be on the streets on a clean up day so no other person born of a woman had reasons for not coming out.
obj did his best to succeed himself but failed then he resorted to fixing almost all the candidates for the various sensitive positions all in a way of shielding probe.
from the unset, i have never believed ribadu in his war against corruption.
internet scamers are given 100 sentence while balogun was given six months for defrauding and betraying a whole nation-madness to the sky.
ribadu is playing all these to please the international communities but unfortunately, they are begining to understand that most of his victims are anti objs.
it is a shameful situation and to crown it all, we are not ready to call a spade, a spade.
ribadu is only a hired labourer of which he represents mustapha of abacha but in moderate manner.
how many of our federal roads are in order? how many aircrafts belong to the giant of africa? how many federal parastatals are functioning? how much money were spent within this eight years? who are behind all these ghost contracts and what has happened to them?
why would a country of 36 states occupy herself with orji uzo this orji uzo that?
i am not from abia but let all wars on corruption start from aso rock as i am well convienced that scams, frauds, corruptions, and every other vice has its headquarters there.
Re: We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc by mankevo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2007
Well,with Jigawa state former gov sayingthat part of his 30billion naira loot was used to prosecute the third term agenda ,it is getting too close to him .

Let's watch out first shaaaaaaaaa

(1) (Reply)

190,000 Persons Infected With Hiv/aids In Niger / Mysterious’ Lion Causes Panic In Delta Community / :::breaking News::: Coup In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.