Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? (2391 Views)

Meet Disabled Hairstylist With One Hand Who's Making People Go Crazy / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics / My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by hazard7(m): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2021
Hi guys, I have a younger brother that got admitted into the university, the thing is I told him to forget about school for now and learn a skill so that he can make enough money to go abroad and study his beloved "Artificial Intelligence" but you see my parents are adamant about the fact that he should go to school to study biochemistry which I see no correlation with what he has plans for.

I see it as a waste of time and resources since have seen and know a lot of people that finished university with nothing to show for it. I will also be the one to sponsor him since his my younger brother.

I calculated everything from his 1st to 4th session and discovered we are spending not less than 3 million+. The money he can use to learn a skill that can generate a lot for him. Besides biochemistry is a very stressful course but my parents refuse to say that all his mates are in school and etcetera.

So now I want to know why do people send their wards or even go to the university despite knowing that there is no job or possible source of livelihood?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by slawormiir: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Isoright....although there is no job but the need to go to school can not be over emphasized and it is beyond just getting a job

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by hahn(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2021
Societal pressure
Outdated ideas

Since you are the one paying I don't see why your parents should feel they can insist on anything.

Get your younger bro a laptop, enough data and courses to start with. You can even get him his own place so he can be focused.

Who biochemistry help? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
School ain't no scam bruh

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Bornsinner7: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Goldbw122(m): 8:24am On Sep 27, 2021
hazard7:
Hi guys, I have a younger brother that got admitted into the university, the thing is I told him to forget about school for now and learn a skill so that he can make enough money to go abroad and study his beloved "Artificial Intelligence" but you see my parents are adamant about the fact that he should go to school to study biochemistry which I see no correlation with what he has plans for.

I see it as a waste of time and resources since have seen and know a lot of people that finished university with nothing to show for it. I will also be the one to sponsor him since his my younger brother.

I calculated everything from his 1st to 4th session and discovered we are spending not less than 3 million+. The money he can use to learn a skill that can generate a lot for him. Besides biochemistry is a very stressful course but my parents refuse to say that all his mates are in school and etcetera.

So now I want to know why do people send their wards or even go to the university despite knowing that there is no job or possible source of livelihood?
Nowadays to be an entrepreneur or have a profitable skill is the best way to go, but education can not be over rulled, it must be the foundation of all, he or she must know how to read, write, calculate and speak good English before venturing into the world of business and hustling..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Mbee247(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2021
I don't even know cause the thing tire me.

It seems it's their mentality towards going to school,that when you go to school, you get good grades,have a white collar job, probably that pays up to 250k lol..

It's their mentality but it's actually not their fault at all, it's just that their environment is actually the one influencing their decisions and not them exactly.

If i were you,am gonna do the needful by letting your bro learn an high income skill for like 2 years before going to school.

Let's him make money with high income skill for a year, that's up to three years.

At least he must be earning at least 200 to 300k with that skill in a month,then after that he can shoot his short by going to the college.

In terms of financial issues, nothing can be a problem to him at the uni or college whatsoever.

Tell him he shouldn't rush and do the mistake I did or my friends did when we were in school, thinking that when we finish school,we would get a white collar job but it's actually false.

No job's coming as you need to create the job yourself.

He might be 18 or be in his early twenties,tell him he shouldn't rush,they are so many to achieve and many laddera to climb.

The world has changed a lot and it should be with your parents had well, sighs.. but it's not been what it is..

May God help us all..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Gudbadguy: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2021
They want to brag that their child has finished University.Omo he should change course o to I.T or computer science.what has biochemistry got to do with A.I?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by TearNinja001: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2021
Some go to school with the HOPE they'll get employed later on even if doesn't come early.

Some go to earn certificates for easy migration into other countries.

Some coz of societal pressure.

Others have the connection already, so they just go to get the certificate.

But what's the correlation between AI and biochemistry? grin

You know what to do.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by hazard7(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2021
Mbee247:
I don't even know cause the thing tire me.

It seems it's their mentality towards going to school,that when you go to school, you get good grades,have a white collar job, probably that pays up to 250k lol..

It's their mentality but it's actually not their fault at all, it's just that their environment is actually the one influencing their decisions and not them exactly.

If i were you,am gonna do the needful by letting your bro learn an high income skill for like 2 years before going to school.

Let's him make money with high income skill for a year, that's up to three years.

At least he must be earning at least 200 to 300k with that skill in a month,then after that he can shoot his short by going to the college.

In terms of financial issues, nothing can be a problem to him at the uni or college whatsoever.

Tell him he shouldn't rush and do the mistake I did or my friends did when we were in school, thinking that when we finish school,we would get a white collar job but it's actually false.

No job's coming as you need to create the job yourself.

He might be 18 or be in his early twenties,tell him he shouldn't rush,they are so many to achieve and many laddera to climb.

The world has changed a lot and it should be with your parents had well, sighs.. but it's not been what it is..

May God help us all..

Gbam you hit the nail on the head
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by hazard7(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2021
Gudbadguy:
They want to brag that their child has finished University.Omo he should change course o to I.T or computer science.what has biochemistry got to do with A.I?

my brother me set tire oo
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by hazard7(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright....although there is no job but the need to go to school can not be over emphasized and it is beyond just getting a job

how do you mean sir?
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Xynoya: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2021
Let your brother go to School man, we don't need anymore nuisance out there on the street, please man, don't say that ever again.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by zexy2030(m): 9:02am On Sep 27, 2021
If only you know that the school is built to make you just a gentle man.

School can't make you innovative.

Innovation is inborn and can only be achieved if only you create a circumstance.

If you have a dream chase it, you a ignore school.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Oesophagus99(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2021
School is d only place to bleep so many fine boys and pretty gurls all for free

Aside this reason, school na scam
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Ekele22(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2021
hazard7:

bros, take this my advice hookline and sinker.now,education is very important and I'd tell you if education is expensive try ignorance.

Now,I will advice that your brother go in for a lucrative course,I did biochemistry as my first degree and I can tell you,it's a crap.i have to go in a another lucrative course to stay in the labour market.

So,allow him go to school but let him forget about biochemistry,where will he work? Let him study a more lucrative course or forget it for now.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Raydos: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2021
Xynoya:
Let your brother go to School man, we don't need anymore nuisance out there on the street, please man, don't say that ever again.

Lol, All your politicians went to school, Most of them schooled at top Nigerian universities, Some even abroad

Are they not nuisance??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by TheSTreetman: 10:27am On Sep 27, 2021
Keep studying. You can cry after you get that degree
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Xynoya: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2021
Raydos:

Are they not nuisance??

Our Politicians are nuisance ooo, Lols
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Mleeperbother: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2021
hazard7:

3 million keh. For which school?
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by pointblank247(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2021
I knew i would never work for the government or any body before going to school. Going to School is for self development for self employment

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by anthonyuncle(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2021
he can be learning the skill while studying
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by muller101(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Advice him to combine both. School is important. I have seen and met people who are regretting of not going to school even with enough money they have.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Starz825(m): 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Goldbw122:

Nowadays to be an entrepreneur or have a profitable skill is the best way to go, but education can not be over rulled, it must be the foundation of all, he or she must know how to read, write, calculate and speak good English before venturing into the world of business and hustling..
So how to read, write , calculate and speak good English are taught in higher institution..
If you don't how to do the above as a secondary graduate...then such person has lost it ..
The foundation is not uni...it's the primary and secondary school education
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by arthurwillia(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
hazard7:

What would you rather they do?
Sleep at home and watch tv right
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by hazard7(m): 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
arthurwillia:

What would you rather they do? Sleep at home and watch tv right
We both know there is something else to do that is better than that
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by billynoni(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Wait ooo OP, biochemistry? Like biochemistry? Please I use whatever that's dear to you, tell your parents to leave biochemistry out of the equation... If he goes in, for a more "sensible" course in the uni and taking the AI thing on the side, through videos online(though won't be as effective, as going into it full time). It will be a win-win situation for all parties concerned. Your parents want him in school, he has passion for AI, you want him to do his passion.

N.B If your parents are still insisting on biochem, ask them to show you any biochemistry graduate with job.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by Kaykay999(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
He can still acquire skill and go to school the same time omo make he go pass time for school Abeg
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by AgentGoat: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
He can go to school all he need to do is changing his biochemistry to something better.
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by arthurwillia(m): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
hazard7:

We both know there is something else to do that is better than that

Better than go to school? Please tell me
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by cenacasper(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
He can go to school and still have a handwork or work online or anything, the burden will be lesser for you, if he can get a good paying online job or hand work feeding and some little stuff won’t be a problem for him
Re: Why Do People Go To School Despite No Jobs Or Is It Because Of This? by sheanzy(m): 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Mleeperbother:

3 million keh. For which school?
are you saying it's too much or small?

(1) (2) (Reply)

DATING GIRLS FROM OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES ... / What Is Your Honest Reason Why You’re Not Dating Anyone Right Now? / Reasons I Will Never Think Of Marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.